Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278330 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 10:52am On Apr 13, 2015
Okay..so i have watched this space and read this thread for quite some time..i will now go ahead and make some contributions..now that i am about to re-enter the ecosystem

Story go plenty small..sp pls bear with me.

Now..i consider myself..an avid fan of the windows ecosystem in general..back to the days of the windows mobile OS..my first experience - HTC touch diamond 2..running windows mobile 6.XX..not too sure now..we all would agree we were being left behind by the emerging OS then - blackberry, ios and android..yes emerging..cos windows mobile was here first grin ..so u could imagine my joy..when the windows phone project kicked off....
Fast forward years later..i bought my first WP ..the Nokia Lumia 800..now..i digress..forgive me for this... I am a certified Audiophile..so not just music..but the quality of the output of the sound IS THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to me..for this reason..i have owned and ipod as long as it was available..and promptly shifted to the iphone when it came out cos of the matching impeccable sound handling and music collation that apple has..now windows people..remember the microsoft Zune?..i still dont understand to this day why MS thinks it is a failure..cos that thing matched the ipod sound quality for sound quality..i would know..i owned one..sadly it was discontinued..only for the zune player to resurface in the WP7 ecosystem..i was ecstatic..cos i thot that meant i could now face ny true love..the windows phone platform fully without looking for music at cupertino's doorstep...then i tried to do music with my lumia...
Mother of God..

The sound was eternally abysmally awful cry ..i probably cried..i'm not sure..lol..cos that meant i had to keep giving steve jobs money angry ..anyway..long story short...WP devices have a history of sad music player audio quality..so i put a questio to u all now...do u use ur WPs as dedicated audio players?..if yes...which is impressive enuf to make me drop my iphone?..

FYI - the WP i'm getting soon is a lumia 1020..and y'all wont believe that there isnt a SINGLE review out there on audio quality of that fone..all everyone cares about is the bloody camera!! I dont care..i just want something that can run WP8.XX and above wit a flagship specification..i suffered wit being stuck on 7.8 with my lumia 900 enuf..lol

Please read and respond to the audio quality question..thanks for ur time..

I will do a review on the 1020 when i get it..feel free to welcome me into ur midst...again..lol

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mariesio: 11:02am On Apr 13, 2015
henryskywalker2003:
Ok. I know I said I will do a review of this phone but I have been so busy lately. So, this is just my first impressions about the phone and Windows Phone platform.

Coming from Android, I was kinda underwhelmed by Windows Phone. Although, I expected that and I know they are still growing and improving on the platform. I noticed quite a few quirks that anyone from Android usually takes for granted but is lacking on Windows. I am trying to make the best out of it and currently tweaking and customizing it to fit my needs and I have installed the Denim update as well hoping to see much improvement, but alas, I'm yet to see any. Anyways, these are a few things I find annoying so far on the 635.

1. Immature Notification Menu. The notification menu is quite basic by any means on the 635. When you get a mail, message, whatsapp, telegram etc. It pops up in the notification menu. But the thing I find quite weird is that, if I ignore the notification and go straight to the app that received the notification. The notification still remains, long after I have attended to it. I find that inconsistent. Again there are only 4 slots to add switches to on the notification menu and I find it weird again that they skipped some important switches like the mobile data switch, and instead, tucked it away in the settings.

2. Being Miserly With Features. Another thing I noticed is that MS removes some basic features in the the low and medium end devices and makes it available in the high end ones. Take for instance, the 635 lacks the equalizer app which is basically a software feature and not a hardware one but MS makes it available on the high end devices. This is quite unlike what you get on Android where the cheapest China device rocks the same software features common to Android that the high end ones have.

3. Bluetooth: Now, the bluetooth on the device works as it should be. But the weird thing here is to use it, one must first put it on from either the notification menu or from the settings, otherwise, it won't show up among the options when you want to share a file. Even Symbian in the old days implemented this basic feature.

4. Weird way of attaching files to mails. Now this was one of the weirdest. I was composing a mail using the default email app and when I tried sending a document, I pressed the attach button and instead of giving me options of what kind of files I intend to send just like it normally do on whatsapp and telegram, it instead went straight to the photo gallery. There was absolutely no way for me to attach the file from the email app. So, I tried the other way round of opening the file first with the Office app and then select share and imagine my surprise when it listed a couple of apps to use for it including the email app which I then selected and it attached it for me. Then I had to retype the email in the new box and send.

5. Very Buggy Contact linking. Coming from Android, we have taken for granted that contacts will ALWAYS be automatically managed. I mean, when was the last time anyone actually managed their contacts by themselves. When I moved from Symbian to Blackberry, I exported my contacts to a CSV file and added to my BB then with NO SINGLE ISSUE. When I was leaving BB, I synced my contacts with my PC's Outlook and then exported to a CSV which I imported into my google accounts again with NO ISSUE. Every single contact was automatically sorted and arranged perfectly. Now came the Windows phone. I tried the first option which was to link my google account with my microsoft account for automatic syncing. Now, I have read somewhere some years back that it was buggy and I was expecting it to be fixed by now. Unfortunately, it hasn't. So, I ended up having some contacts not showing up, those with more than 3 numbers had the excess numbers stored in the notes section of the contact. I removed it then went online to people.live.com and tried syncing it from there. No dice, same issue. I tried exporting from my google account and selected the option to export as a csv file for google account and then went back to people.live.com and tried importing it and selected the option of importing as a google csv. It was worse. It duplicated many of the contacts. I deleted the entire contacts and went back to google and exported as csv for outlook then went back and tried importing as csv from outlook. Then it worked.... or did it it told me that there were some duplicates that needs to be merged and asked me to run the duplicate checker. I did and it found duplicates that weren't duplicates at. It was actually trying to merge contacts with similar names despite the fact that they didn't contain the same numbers. for instance, Colins Eze was going to be merged with Eze Solomon Adebisi based on just that "Eze" contained in the two. So, I finally cancelled it and left it like that. I later noticed that quite a lot of my contacts were still missing. But half bread is better than none.

6. Poor multitasking. Windows phone doesn't multitask, or rather this one doesn't. What it does is to hibernate the app and when you come back to it, it then resumes it. In this case, some apps like UC browser reloads all the pages you left open while others like Opera, closes everything and you start from scratch. Telegram notifies you of new messages but it doesn't enter until you open the app and at that point, it starts to reload and says "connecting" at the top.

7. Fewer apps in the Store. Lol. No need to overflog this one.

8. No backlight sensor. On the Lumia 635, there is no backlight sensor so I can't set it to automatically adjust the screen's brightness when I am in a bright or dark place.

Now for the things I love

1. The screen is quite sharp and crisp despite not being a 720p screen. Nokia did a great job there as usual

2. Battery life is kinda average. I get to charge it once a day on average use. I do browse and chat but not as much as most people do. I listen to music a lot using my earpiece.

3. Live tiles. This is a great feature. I kinda wish that MS improve on it and down the line turn it into the notification menu instead of the half-baked one they currently have,

4.Offline Maps. This is one feature I missed from my Symbian days. I don't have to go online to get directions anymore like I used to do on Android.

5. Lovely interface. The interface is beautiful and is quite refreshing. Love the deep black background so much that I didn't bother adding a wallpaper. Although there is still some room for improvement.

6. The Lumia 635 feels kind solid. Yes, it is plastic but not the kind of soft plastic that you expect from Samsung and co. It feels quite sturdy and gives you the feeling that it can take some falls and leave no scratches on it.

Thanks Guy, you are the only person who agrees with me that WP has a long way to go. I am already fed up with my 730
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:49am On Apr 13, 2015
Mariesio:

Thanks Guy, you are the only person who agrees with me that WP has a long way to go. I am already fed up with my 730
This bro. cheesy
Sell your phone already.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2015
Folajay22:
Okay..so i have watched this space and read this thread for quite some time..i will now go ahead and make some contributions..now that i am about to re-enter the ecosystem

Story go plenty small..sp pls bear with me.

Now..i consider myself..an avid fan of the windows ecosystem in general..back to the days of the windows mobile OS..my first experience - HTC touch diamond 2..running windows mobile 6.XX..not too sure now..we all would agree we were being left behind by the emerging OS then - blackberry, ios and android..yes emerging..cos windows mobile was here first grin ..so u could imagine my joy..when the windows phone project kicked off....
Fast forward years later..i bought my first WP ..the Nokia Lumia 800..now..i digress..forgive me for this... I am a certified Audiophile..so not just music..but the quality of the output of the sound IS THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to me..for this reason..i have owned and ipod as long as it was available..and promptly shifted to the iphone when it came out cos of the matching impeccable sound handling and music collation that apple has..now windows people..remember the microsoft Zune?..i still dont understand to this day why MS thinks it is a failure..cos that thing matched the ipod sound quality for sound quality..i would know..i owned one..sadly it was discontinued..only for the zune player to resurface in the WP7 ecosystem..i was ecstatic..cos i thot that meant i could now face ny true love..the windows phone platform fully without looking for music at cupertino's doorstep...then i tried to do music with my lumia...
Mother of God..

The sound was eternally abysmally awful cry ..i probably cried..i'm not sure..lol..cos that meant i had to keep giving steve jobs money angry ..anyway..long story short...WP devices have a history of sad music player audio quality..so i put a questio to u all now...do u use ur WPs as dedicated audio players?..if yes...which is impressive enuf to make me drop my iphone?..

FYI - the WP i'm getting soon is a lumia 1020..and y'all wont believe that there isnt a SINGLE review out there on audio quality of that fone..all everyone cares about is the bloody camera!! I dont care..i just want something that can run WP8.XX and above wit a flagship specification..i suffered wit being stuck on 7.8 with my lumia 900 enuf..lol

Please read and respond to the audio quality question..thanks for ur time..

I will do a review on the 1020 when i get it..feel free to welcome me into ur midst...again..lol
Don't buy the 1020.
Buy the 1520 or 930 instead.

What I do know is that the music player on WP isn't the best thing in the world.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
shoptomydoor:

Hello Elxandre,

Yes, you will definitely get it any where you are within Nigeria. Simply sign up to get the three free warehouse addresses we provide for our customers upon sign up that will allow you shop the world's best brands and original products from stores with awesome discounts that save you a lot of money while shopping online from USA, UK and China, as if you are a resident.

Thank you,
Shoptomydoor.com
shocked shocked

Nice business strategy. . . grin

Anyway, do you deliver things from Nigeria to the USA??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
Elxandre:

Don't buy the 1020.
Buy the 1520 or 930 instead.

What I do know is that the music player on WP isn't the best thing in the world.

I cant even get the 1020 again..lost the link..now i'm stuck with a 925.. *sigh*
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by oyewolestephen(m): 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
henryskywalker2003:
Ok. I know I said I will do a review of this phone but I have been so busy lately. So, this is just my first impressions about the phone and Windows Phone platform.

Coming from Android, I was kinda underwhelmed by Windows Phone. Although, I expected that and I know they are still growing and improving on the platform. I noticed quite a few quirks that anyone from Android usually takes for granted but is lacking on Windows. I am trying to make the best out of it and currently tweaking and customizing it to fit my needs and I have installed the Denim update as well hoping to see much improvement, but alas, I'm yet to see any. Anyways, these are a few things I find annoying so far on the 635.

1. Immature Notification Menu. The notification menu is quite basic by any means on the 635. When you get a mail, message, whatsapp, telegram etc. It pops up in the notification menu. But the thing I find quite weird is that, if I ignore the notification and go straight to the app that received the notification. The notification still remains, long after I have attended to it. I find that inconsistent. Again there are only 4 slots to add switches to on the notification menu and I find it weird again that they skipped some important switches like the mobile data switch, and instead, tucked it away in the settings.

2. Being Miserly With Features. Another thing I noticed is that MS removes some basic features in the the low and medium end devices and makes it available in the high end ones. Take for instance, the 635 lacks the equalizer app which is basically a software feature and not a hardware one but MS makes it available on the high end devices. This is quite unlike what you get on Android where the cheapest China device rocks the same software features common to Android that the high end ones have.

3. Bluetooth: Now, the bluetooth on the device works as it should be. But the weird thing here is to use it, one must first put it on from either the notification menu or from the settings, otherwise, it won't show up among the options when you want to share a file. Even Symbian in the old days implemented this basic feature.

4. Weird way of attaching files to mails. Now this was one of the weirdest. I was composing a mail using the default email app and when I tried sending a document, I pressed the attach button and instead of giving me options of what kind of files I intend to send just like it normally do on whatsapp and telegram, it instead went straight to the photo gallery. There was absolutely no way for me to attach the file from the email app. So, I tried the other way round of opening the file first with the Office app and then select share and imagine my surprise when it listed a couple of apps to use for it including the email app which I then selected and it attached it for me. Then I had to retype the email in the new box and send.

5. Very Buggy Contact linking. Coming from Android, we have taken for granted that contacts will ALWAYS be automatically managed. I mean, when was the last time anyone actually managed their contacts by themselves. When I moved from Symbian to Blackberry, I exported my contacts to a CSV file and added to my BB then with NO SINGLE ISSUE. When I was leaving BB, I synced my contacts with my PC's Outlook and then exported to a CSV which I imported into my google accounts again with NO ISSUE. Every single contact was automatically sorted and arranged perfectly. Now came the Windows phone. I tried the first option which was to link my google account with my microsoft account for automatic syncing. Now, I have read somewhere some years back that it was buggy and I was expecting it to be fixed by now. Unfortunately, it hasn't. So, I ended up having some contacts not showing up, those with more than 3 numbers had the excess numbers stored in the notes section of the contact. I removed it then went online to people.live.com and tried syncing it from there. No dice, same issue. I tried exporting from my google account and selected the option to export as a csv file for google account and then went back to people.live.com and tried importing it and selected the option of importing as a google csv. It was worse. It duplicated many of the contacts. I deleted the entire contacts and went back to google and exported as csv for outlook then went back and tried importing as csv from outlook. Then it worked.... or did it it told me that there were some duplicates that needs to be merged and asked me to run the duplicate checker. I did and it found duplicates that weren't duplicates at. It was actually trying to merge contacts with similar names despite the fact that they didn't contain the same numbers. for instance, Colins Eze was going to be merged with Eze Solomon Adebisi based on just that "Eze" contained in the two. So, I finally cancelled it and left it like that. I later noticed that quite a lot of my contacts were still missing. But half bread is better than none.

6. Poor multitasking. Windows phone doesn't multitask, or rather this one doesn't. What it does is to hibernate the app and when you come back to it, it then resumes it. In this case, some apps like UC browser reloads all the pages you left open while others like Opera, closes everything and you start from scratch. Telegram notifies you of new messages but it doesn't enter until you open the app and at that point, it starts to reload and says "connecting" at the top.

7. Fewer apps in the Store. Lol. No need to overflog this one.

8. No backlight sensor. On the Lumia 635, there is no backlight sensor so I can't set it to automatically adjust the screen's brightness when I am in a bright or dark place.

Now for the things I love

1. The screen is quite sharp and crisp despite not being a 720p screen. Nokia did a great job there as usual

2. Battery life is kinda average. I get to charge it once a day on average use. I do browse and chat but not as much as most people do. I listen to music a lot using my earpiece.

3. Live tiles. This is a great feature. I kinda wish that MS improve on it and down the line turn it into the notification menu instead of the half-baked one they currently have,

4.Offline Maps. This is one feature I missed from my Symbian days. I don't have to go online to get directions anymore like I used to do on Android.

5. Lovely interface. The interface is beautiful and is quite refreshing. Love the deep black background so much that I didn't bother adding a wallpaper. Although there is still some room for improvement.

6. The Lumia 635 feels kind solid. Yes, it is plastic but not the kind of soft plastic that you expect from Samsung and co. It feels quite sturdy and gives you the feeling that it can take some falls and leave no scratches on it.
nice write-up I thought I was the only one observing the multitasking and ram issue on window. Android with 512mb of ram still rocks with multitasking and some software features that is why I really think to leave android for widow phone is not an easy move.nevertheless am still waiting for handson review for lumia 640
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:39am On Apr 14, 2015
shoptomydoor:

Yes, it is absolutely free to sign up on our platform. Try it and see, your shipping addressees which we provide for our customers cover your shopping needs from USA, UK and China, and it is for life. You can sign up now to start shopping the best brands from USA, UK and China right now.

Thank you,
Shoptomydoor.com

Lol. There was no reason to quote me na.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hasn't anybody had the courage to try that windows 10 technical preview
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
orimion:
I jus tire oh. . .
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:36am On Apr 16, 2015
orimion:
No new features yet!
Just overhauling of the UI instead. sad
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2015
Elxandre:

No new features yet!
Just overhauling of the UI instead. sad
I read that the UI now looks link Android lollipop
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:50am On Apr 16, 2015
orimion:
I read that the UI now looks link Android lollipop
The hamburger button is now present on WP too! sad
So you are right. Some of the UI elements now look Androidish.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 11:24am On Apr 16, 2015
Will dis windows 10 for wp beta great compared to d adriod lolioop or jst only d UI dt dy change.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
arazanbal:
Will dis windows 10 for wp beta great compared to d adriod lolioop or jst only d UI dt dy change.
It's not yet completed.
So wait.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by PaulThor: 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
can u select 3g only now? i want to buy 640 but in my area 3g fluctuates. i can only get it wen i switch to 3g only.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
PaulThor:
can u select 3g only now? i want to buy 640 but in my area 3g fluctuates. i can only get it wen i switch to 3g only.
The feature exists in newer WPs like the 640.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 18, 2015
Elxandre:

are u sure bcs i,m planing getting the phone soon.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by PaulThor: 1:08am On Apr 20, 2015
Elxandre:

Pls Elxandre.. Can u give me a review of 640.. Esp battery.... I appreciate
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:07am On Apr 20, 2015
PaulThor:

Pls Elxandre.. Can u give me a review of 640.. Esp battery.... I appreciate
Theoretically, the battery will be good.
Windows phone OS isn't a power monger really.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by zub(m): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2015
guys pls i need permanent on my Lumia 630DS.....its has network issues. lastnite i cudnt connect to the internet, though it shows 3G and H+, but still couldnt connect to the internet....have remove the battery, sim and even done soft-reset, still nothing. Have to carryout hard-reset before i can get it fixed...but lost all my downloaded apps which means i have to reinstall all the apps.
This is the second time am experiencing this network bug....pls is there anyone experiencing same issue and how was it resolved without doing hard-reset.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
zub:
guys pls i need permanent on my Lumia 630DS.....its has network issues. lastnite i cudnt connect to the internet, though it shows 3G and H+, but still couldnt connect to the internet....have remove the battery, sim and even done soft-reset, still nothing. Have to carryout hard-reset before i can get it fixed...but lost all my downloaded apps which means i have to reinstall all the apps.
This is the second time am experiencing this network bug....pls is there anyone experiencing same issue and how was it resolved without doing hard-reset.
Are you sure it wasn't the network's issue?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by zub(m): 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
Elxandre:

Are you sure it wasn't the network's issue?
Nope, its not network issue....tried the sim on another phone and it worked fine.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Shiifi(m): 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
HI pals plz can you all help me on dis matter seriously d tin tire me ....
MY CORTANA x not more working it always require me to put my mixcrosoft accout and seriously have forgoten it pls wat can i do abt it cos my store too is not more working its telling me same pls rums gou guys should HELP me out wit wat i can do.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 10:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
Shiifi:
HI pals plz can you all help me on dis matter seriously d tin tire me ....
MY CORTANA x not more working it always require me to put my mixcrosoft accout and seriously have forgoten it pls wat can i do abt it cos my store too is not more working its telling me same pls rums gou guys should HELP me out wit wat i can do.

You just have to create another Microsoft account so as to use it with your cotana sand store
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Shiifi(m): 6:49am On Apr 21, 2015
arazanbal:

You just have to create another Microsoft account so as to use it with your cotana sand store
Ok tanks very much bt pls how do i create a new microsoft account
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by PaulThor: 7:20am On Apr 21, 2015
Elxandre:

Theoretically, the battery will be good.
Windows phone OS isn't a power monger really.

thanks dear... though i still want a user's opinion...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 10:47am On Apr 21, 2015
hey guys.. as a follow up to my last post.. i spoke about returning to the WP ecosystem and wanted to get the 1020..no luck with that..i finally got the lumia 925...and i have a few things to comment on after about a week's use..
- the Gorilla glass display : how is it..that the flagship lumia devices with the said display tend to just look better than other devices on other platforms sporting "gorilla glass displays"according to their specs..u just cant compare how the lumia screen looks to the others..i would know..i was still using an iphone 5s 2 weeks ago.
- prior to nokia's sale of the lumia franchise to microsoft..there used to be an alternate music player - nokia music in the devices...i noticed that now that its 'xbox' everything..the music player isn't there..and i'm just stuck with the default player..not that its bad or anything..but i would have liked anoda option..so i want to ask..how do we pay for apps?..as in can we tie our own naira debit mastercard to our microsoft accounts and use that to pay for apps?..cos there are some sweet looking alternatives in the store but they aren't for free..and i tried to do the pay thing..but it was all "american" and billing address and credit card and all that ish..
- its still difficult to charge a lumia from low battery..they really need to work on that..u cant 'steal a charge'on those devices..notin like fast charge..u gats siddon there..lol..
- the sound quality..that i was particular about..definitely wasn't the worst...waaaaayyy better than the lumia 800 and 900 i used earlier...the 925 seems good enuf for my daily music player..as i have some really good earpieces and headphones..
that being said..please take time to read and respond to my question on payments..thanks a lot.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 11:12am On Apr 21, 2015
Shiifi:

Ok tanks very much bt pls how do i create a new microsoft account

Go to ur app store,try nd download anything dr will b a popup asking for ur Microsoft account sign in or register.jst click on register new account.dt it
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
Folajay22:
hey guys.. as a follow up to my last post.. i spoke about returning to the WP ecosystem and wanted to get the 1020..no luck with that..i finally got the lumia 925...and i have a few things to comment on after about a week's use..
- the Gorilla glass display : how is it..that the flagship lumia devices with the said display tend to just look better than other devices on other platforms sporting "gorilla glass displays"according to their specs..u just cant compare how the lumia screen looks to the others..i would know..i was still using an iphone 5s 2 weeks ago.
- prior to nokia's sale of the lumia franchise to microsoft..there used to be an alternate music player - nokia music in the devices...i noticed that now that its 'xbox' everything..the music player isn't there..and i'm just stuck with the default player..not that its bad or anything..but i would have liked anoda option..so i want to ask..how do we pay for apps?..as in can we tie our own naira debit mastercard to our microsoft accounts and use that to pay for apps?..cos there are some sweet looking alternatives in the store but they aren't for free..and i tried to do the pay thing..but it was all "american" and billing address and credit card and all that ish..
- its still difficult to charge a lumia from low battery..they really need to work on that..u cant 'steal a charge'on those devices..notin like fast charge..u gats siddon there..lol..
- the sound quality..that i was particular about..definitely wasn't the worst...waaaaayyy better than the lumia 800 and 900 i used earlier...the 925 seems good enuf for my daily music player..as i have some really good earpieces and headphones..
that being said..please take time to read and respond to my question on payments..thanks a lot.
There is an app there called wallet. Just go through it, you should see a place where you can put up your debit card details of which whenever you go to the store to purchase, it buys it for you since it has been registered. I recall putting my card details in it which I used to purchase the Nigerian Constitution, Mass Effect: Infiltrator and others. Also, check your region and alternatively, download quickteller app. It should help.

For music player, it is called I think new music - icon is a smiley face coloured pink. Check it -I really can't recall.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
Feraz:
There is an app there called wallet. Just go through it, you should see a place where you can put up your debit card details of which whenever you go to the store to purchase, it buys it for you since it has been registered. I recall putting my card details in it which I used to purchase the Nigerian Constitution, Mass Effect: Infiltrator and others. Also, check your region and alternatively, download quickteller app. It should help.

For music player, it is called I think new music - icon is a smiley face coloured pink. Check it -I really can't recall.

thanks man..i'll look both up
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Brite02(m): 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
finally updated my phone to wp 8.1.
it wasn't an easy task.

nokia lumia 530 dual

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.