Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278283 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
Guys. Check out this app from the screen shots below

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:39am On Apr 27, 2015
sammy042:
..u can't disable image on this new opera..this new opera is rubbish..no save page.it hang alot..it consumes mb well well
It has been updated actually.
It doesn't consume Mb anymore.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by stillchris: 10:47am On Apr 27, 2015
sammy042:
..u can't disable image on this new opera..this new opera is rubbish..no save page.it hang alot..it consumes mb well well

it has an update now. the update comes with save page and works faster and saves more date. check for the update.

i kinda like the new UI of opera mini. looks premium
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by stillchris: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2015
Luckygurl:

The problem is a general one, people with windows phone can't connect to the wifi...
How do I use mhotspot??

not true bro. i use wifi alot on my phone.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by stillchris: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Nokialumia720:
can u select 3g network only on ur lumia 730?

yeah. go to settings - cellular+sim - scroll down you'll see highest connection speed. click on it and you'll see option for 2g
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mariesio: 11:04am On Apr 27, 2015
Hi guys, the facebook messenger doesn't open anymore to message but says it has been merged. Cant seem to understand and don't know where or how to check my facebook messages .
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Luckygurl(f): 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
talktimi:
not true. I use wifi a lot with my phone
stillchris:

not true bro. i use wifi alot on my phone.
talktimi:
not true. I use wifi a lot with my phone
You getting it wrong sad
The issue's resolved though..
Thanks @ Feraz and Henry
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
Luckygurl:

You getting it wrong sad
Thanks @ Feraz and Henry
You're welcome!
Mariesio:
Hi guys, the facebook messenger doesn't open anymore to message but says it has been merged. Cant seem to understand and don't know where or how to check my facebook messages .
Was it after you upgraded to WP8.1 this happened?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Bilany(f): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Luckygurl:

You getting it wrong sad
Thanks @ Feraz and Henry
pls how did u resolve it? I have a similar problem with my school's Wi-Fi... Since after I updated to Windows 8.1
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Luckygurl(f): 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
Bilany:
pls how did u resolve it? I have a similar problem with my school's Wi-Fi... Since after I updated to Windows 8.1

I changed internet explorer from mobile version to desktop version, that just did it for me.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mariesio: 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Feraz:
You're welcome!
Was it after you upgraded to WP8.1 this happened?

No, I have seen the messages. The FB messenger does not stand alone again but now part of the FB itself
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
When are we getting our 3g back??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 12:25am On Apr 30, 2015
Well, after enduring wack experiences with my windows phone; I now begin to look for an android. I'm tired of this Os! I know most will start quoting me telling me the advantages of windows phone, there are none if you will tell yourselves the truth

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 1:07am On Apr 30, 2015
All of a sudden, Microsoft seems promising again.
If you follow tech happenings, you must have heard that Microsoft has just announced ' easy porting' of iOS and Android apps to all Windows 10 devices..
This could finally bring about that much needed influx of apps.

2 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 1:11am On Apr 30, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
When are we getting our 3g back??
Nobody knows!
I've never had that ability to lock to 3g ever though!

I think the new Lumias have it. Not very sure though, but I've heard of it in the 535 at least.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2015
Elxandre:
All of a sudden, Microsoft seems promising again.
If you follow tech happenings, you must have heard that Microsoft has just announced ' easy porting' of iOS and Android apps to all Windows 10 devices..
This could finally bring about that much needed influx of apps.
Really? Abeg, link. . .
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:00am On Apr 30, 2015
Feraz:
Really? Abeg, link. . .
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 8:08am On Apr 30, 2015
^^^ I've seen it. . .currently reading the comments on Windows Central Forum. . .
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:46am On Apr 30, 2015
^^^ yeah bro. That's what i wanted to tell you but ended up with an empty comment.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 9:05am On Apr 30, 2015
stillchris:

okay thanks. i figured it out.

i initially thought you were talking about the wallet that comes with WP.

now to add it to my payment option.

although WP may be limited in apps, since i migrated from android to L630 and now L730. it's bye bye to android platform for a long time.

very stable, virus free and lag free OS. more apps are added monthly and with Windows 10 coming on stream very soon, i no fit shout.

I just a new lumia 532,everything works perfectly but my HERE map refuse to open,it closes automatically without any error message,pls what can I do?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 9:23am On Apr 30, 2015
Folajay22:
Update: i finally found the app i was looking for..that used to be Nokia Music on the WP7.X versions..thanks @Feraz..its actually called MIXRADIO now..and its complete with audio enhancements that actually did make my music sound better..it has other streaming options and radio i think..but i just needed it for the music player and so far..i am quite satisfied with it..

saw on Wpcentral today tho that the stock music player got some updates..not sure how much that fixes..

also the updates they say bbm got on the beta better make it to the main version of the app soon..this current is too buggy and sometimes takes two tries to open it up when i get a notification..and my phone isnt slow..thats all i have to complain about tho cos compared to the other OS..the user interface is totally bad-ass.
yeah window is the best OS,Im using lumia 532,pls how can I view my running app,take screen shot etc,....actually I needed a gmail but what I got is @outlook.com,I wonder what that means,also I need you to suggest some cool app for me,I'm new to window thanks. Whatsapp on window is da bomb!,my bbm is loading forever and later show an error message,livetiles is lovely and it updates perfectly....I love window phones.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 10:47am On Apr 30, 2015
To those that re about to leave windows ecosystem to android,think twice cos d world is about to return to windows.......microsoft is currently hosting BUILD conferences.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
Youngpo413:
yeah window is the best OS,Im using lumia 532,pls how can I view my running app,take screen shot etc,....actually I needed a gmail but what I got is @outlook.com,I wonder what that means,also I need you to suggest some cool app for me,I'm new to window thanks. Whatsapp on window is da bomb!,my bbm is loading forever and later show an error message,livetiles is lovely and it updates perfectly....I love window phones.

when you say "view my running app" do you mean an app that is currently open..even if u aren't using it at the moment?..that would be windows phone idea of multitasking and you do that by pressing and holding the "back" button until it zooms into smaller portrait views of all the apps currently open..hope that helps..

also..to take a screen shot..i use an app called..well... "screenshot" downloaded for free at the store..to use it..u press the "up volume button and the power button at the same time" to take a screenshot.

about the mail..well..outlook is native to microsoft..so its only natural u'll have that as a first option on ur phone..besides..u are expected to have a LIVE email account that the outlook will operate i.e "youremailusername"@live.com before u can download any app from the store.
However, when u set ur outlook mail up, u go into it and using the options button (three dots at the bottom right of the screen) ..you shld see an option that says "add email account" choosing that will give u the option to set up other mails including yahoo and ur gmail..hope this helps.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
Just to show u both...this is a screenshot of my homescreen...done using the screenshot app..to show u my mail assembly..yahoo..outlook and my gmail on the same line

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by stillchris: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Youngpo413:

Well, your question has already been answered. And for the bbm issue, I had the same when I was using 630 untill I updated my OS. Try it, it may help.

Another thing I've noticed about WP users is inability to properly arrange the start screen to make it look attractive.

Like this.... I didn't download any app for screenshots. Maybe it comes with 730

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
stillchris:

it has an update now. the update comes with save page and works faster and saves more date. check for the update.

i kinda like the new UI of opera mini. looks premium
mine has no save page and can't disable images,is it the updated one?I downloaded it today its opera mini beta.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by stillchris: 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
Youngpo413:
mine has no save page and can't disable images,is it the updated one?I downloaded it today its opera mini beta.

tap on the + sign at the left side of the address bar, you'll see an option for 'save for offline'. that's it.

it'll creat a folder for saved pages on the opera mini start screen.
and you can't disable images on this one.

like this

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by PaulThor: 11:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
Android and windows are 2 different platforms and i love it dat way.. To me, i love the two.. I love the productivity of windows and i also love the versitility of androids... I use the two and am glad.. I wouldnt say this is better dan that.. I would say the two compliments each other...
Gains of windows..
Dias this app called transfer my data.. 1)This app collects ur contacts, music, messages etc from ur old phone to ur new phone.
2) almost all apps can be stored in the sd card
3) most inbuilt apps can be easily uninstalled
4) word office works perfectly
5) cortana is sure lovely
6) here maps works offline
7) a search in messages, so u dont scroll around
cool almost all u need in d moderate app store
9)lag free, fast

Gains of android
1) has more options to choose from, samsung, htc, sony, lg, tecno, lenovo, etc
2) vast apps store.. Virtually anything u can think of..
3) google now.. Its just like cortana but it helps me find my contacts
4) better user interface.. Ul is good eg, to send via bluetooth easier, to send ringtones easier. U can set to vibrate unlike windows.. Opera mini has disable image unlike d one in windows..
5) google services.. Wit one google accnt, u hve access to ur gmail, ur gmail+, youtube etc...
6) default browser: default browser in android is cool, not chrome.. U can disable images and its less data hungry
7) updates are simpler
cool no restriction in downloads
9) more flagships, hi techs phones coming out.. So u hve so many brands to choose from....

So u can see, they are different but are still important in dia various ways....

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Cvesta(m): 2:34am On May 01, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

It is free to sign up and they have excellent customer service and update you as your package is in transit. Normally, it takes 2 weeks tops, from the day it was shipped, to get to my house. But my last shipment was delayed cos of the elections and spent almost 3 weeks cos it was being delayed by customs here.

You can sign up using my referral link wink wink cheesy grin

https://www.shoptomydoor.com/invitations.php?parentid=36733
how did u pay bro?am having problem paying with my master card nor do i realy understand the gt acc transfer thing.got 2 items i must ship b4 saturday.pls reply ASAP.thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mariesio: 5:08am On May 01, 2015
Cvesta:
how did u pay bro?am having problem paying with my master card nor do i realy understand the gt acc transfer thing.got 2 items i must ship b4 saturday.pls reply ASAP.thanks

If U cant pay with your card, just click on the option of transfer to know the total amount to pay and do the transfer the normal way either online or via mobile application
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Cvesta(m): 10:56am On May 01, 2015
Mariesio:

If U cant pay with your card, just click on the option of transfer to know the total amount to pay and do the transfer the normal way either online or via mobile application
thanks though gtb is frustratin me.cant find airseacargo among my beneficiary despite succesfuly adding them

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.