Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

What Does The Koran Say About Jesus And The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Koran Say About Jesus And The Bible? (1713 Views)

The Koran Reveals That Jesus Is God... / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? / Does The Koran Really Promise Islamic Martyrs 72 Virgins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Koran Say About Jesus And The Bible? by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 21, 2013
These are many times when moslems will accuse christians that we have corrupted the Bible or that we have changed the truth about Jesus Christ. But what does the Koran say about the Bible?

The Koran says in Sura 2:62(Al-Baqara)-"believers Jews, Christians, and Sabaeans-whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does what is right- shall be rewarded by their Lord;they have nothing to fear or regret".
The Bible says in John 8:32-"You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

JESUS CHRIST
Sura 3:45(al-imran)-"The Angels said to Mariam(Mary): Allah bids you rejoice in a Word from Him. His Name is al-Masih(Messiah), Isa the Son of Mariam. He shall be noble in this world and in the next, and shall be favored by Allah. When the Angel appeared to Mary to announce the birth of Jesus, he said in: Sura 19:19(mariam)- " 'I am the messenger of your Lord', he replied, 'and have come to give you a holy son.' "
Notice that Jesus is called a Holy Son, this means without fault or sin.
Sura 10:34(yunus)- "can any of your partners(associate-gods) produce a creation, then reproduce it? Allah produces a creation, then reproduce it."
Only God can create and give life. Let us continue with Sura 3:49(al-imran)- (Jesus speaking) "I bring you a sign from your Lord. From clay, I will make for you the likeness of a bird, I shall breath into it and, by Allah's leave, it shall become a living bird. By Allah's leave, I shall give sight to the blind man, heal the leper and raise the dead to life." It is only the Lord Jesus Christ who can do such things and by Koran's own standard, this identifies Jesus as the One with divine power and authority.
Jesus Christ is the only prophet in the Koran who does not confess his sins. There are tradition in the hadith(the record of the prophet Mohammed's sayings and actions not recorded in the Koran) that says: Abu Huraira reported Allah's messenger as saying, "there is none among the sons of Adam who is born but not touched by satan at the time of his birth. So he cried loudly because of satan's touch. But this is not the case with Mary and her Son".(agreed upon). Remember in Sura 19:19, Jesus is called the holy Son, without sin, faultless, pure and righteous by His own nature.
Sura 4:171(al-nisa)- "Al-Masih(Messiah), Isa(Jesus) the Son of Mariam, was no more than Allah's apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mariam, and a Spirit proceeding from Him."(agreed to John 1:1).
Jesus is the Spirit of God(Ruhull-Ilah) and the Word of God. Moses is called God's spokesman in the Koran, and Abraham is called the friend of God while Mohammed is called the messenger of God-ONLY JESUS CHRIST IS CALLED THE SPIRIT AND WORD OF GOD. Does this not mean that the teachings of Jesus need to be carefully studied from the Bible?
Jesus Christ is pronounced holy and sinless in Islam, but the prophet Mohammed often confessed his sins- Suras 40:55;47:19;48:2. Read to Mohammed's own confession in Sum 49:9(al-ahqaf)- "say, I am no prodigy(marvel or special one) among the apostles;nor do I know what will be done with me or you, I follow only what is revealed to me, and my only duty is to give plain warning." Prophet Mohammed confessed his own inability to know the end of his work or to know the fate of his followers. In strong contrast to this, please note carefully the words of the Koran in; Sura 3:55(al-imran)- "Allah said, Isa(Jesus). I am about to cause your term on earth to end and lift you up to Me. I shall take you away from those who disbelieve and exalt your followers above them till the Day of Resurrection". God says that FOLLOWERS of Jesus will be exalted until the Day of Resurrection! Has that day come yet? NO. Therefore, Jesus is worthy of being followed and His followers are honored by God just as Jesus is. HALLELUYAH- PRAISE BE HIS HOLY NAME! If you are a true follower of Jesus Christ according to His holy teachings, then you have full assurance of salvation in the last day(Romans 8:1).
Also please note, that Sura 3:55 says "I am about to cause your term on earth to end". The Arabic here says "Inim wuta wafika" which literally means, "I will cause you to die". Also in Sura 19:33(mariam) Jesus is quoted as saying: "so peace be on me on the day I was born and on THE DAY I DIE; and may peace be upon me on the day when I shall be raised to life." Praise be God, the Koran even bears testimony to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ!

THE BIBLE
Moslems often want to tell us that the Bible has been corrupted and cannot be trusted now. The Koran never said this and prophet Mohammed never said this. Let us look at some verses from the Koran which show the full confidence that Prophet Mohammed had in the Bible and how Allah instructed the people to trust the Bible.
Sura 5:68(al-maida)- "say:people of the Book(Christians and Jews),you stand for nothing until you observe the Torah and the Gospel and that which is revealed to you from your Lord."
Sura 4:136(al-nisa)- "O believers, have faith in Allah and His Apostles, in the Book He formerly revealed(Bible). He that denies Allah, His angels, His apostles, and the last Day, has strayed far from the truth".
Sure 5:48(al-maida)- "And to you We have revealed the Book with truth confirming what was revealed before it in the other Books and standing as a guardian over it". The Koran was to be the Guardian of all the previously revealed Scripture. If the Bible was corrupted, then the Koran failed in its work. If the Bible was corrupted, when and where and how was it corrupted? Was it corrupted before prophet Mohammed's time of after? If it was before his time, then why did he not say so and why did he tell his people to read the Law and the Gospel? If it was after prophet Mohammed's time, then why do we have ancient copies of the Bible that are much older than Mohammed that read exactly the same as the Bible today? Sum 5:43(al-maida) the Koran confirms the truthfulness of the Torah(law of Moses, Old Testament) when prophet Mohammed met some Jews in Arabia, Allah said to him, "But why do they come to you for judgement when they already have the Torah in which is Allah's own judgement?". Furthermore, in Sura 5:47, the Koran says, "Let the followers of the Gospel judge according with what Allah has revealed therein. Evil doers are those who do not base their judgement on Allah's revelation". This confirms that the Bible was known to Prophet Mohammed and he had full confidence in its truthfulness. It also tells us that according to true Islam, Christians are to guide themselves by the Gospel.
Mohammed was even told, "If thou(Mohammed) art in doubt concerning that which we revealed unto thee, then question those who read the Scriptures before thee."(Sura 10:94-yunus).
Prophet Mohammed was told to refer to the Christians for fuller spiritual understanding. The Bible was fully written, confirmed and compiled 500years before Mohammed was even born. Sura 6:115(al-an'am) says: "perfected are the words of your Lord in truth and justice. None can change them. He is the Hearing, the Knowing". The Torah and the Gospel are the word of the Lord, according to the Koran, so no one can change them! If the Bible has been changed as some Moslems will argue, then Koran is not true. No, the Bible has not been changed; it must be studied and respected as the Word of God.
Sura 29:46(al-ankabut) says: "And do not argue with the people of the Books(Jews and Christians) except in the best way,unless it be with those among them who do evil, say:we believe in that which is revealed to us which was revealed to you. Our God and your God is One. To Him we surrender ourselves."

You must believe the Bible. The true submitter to God must accept His word. It is only through a true knowledge of Jesus Christ as proclaimed in the Bible that we can find life and hope. The Koran says in Sum 35:18(fatir): "No soul shall bear another's burden. If a laden soul cries out for help, nothing of its burden will be carried even by a relative.".
However, Jesus Christ said, "come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and you shall find rest unto your soul."(Matthew 11:28-29). Jesus our Savior and King, is the only one who is qualified and holy enough to bear our burdens and lead us to salvation. He said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one can go to the Father but through me."(John 14:6).
Friends, please take time to learn of Jesus Christ and find the true meaning of submission to God. The Gospel is the true witness to Jesus Christ and we invite you to honestly and open-heartedly seek the truth from above from the One true God.
Read about Jesus Christ and learn of Him for He is ready to receive you.
Re: What Does The Koran Say About Jesus And The Bible? by mahdino: 7:06am On Jul 29, 2013
enigma_otr: These are many times when moslems will accuse christians that we have corrupted the Bible or that we have changed the truth about Jesus Christ. But what does the Koran say about the Bible?

The Koran says in Sura 2:62(Al-Baqara)-"believers Jews, Christians, and Sabaeans-whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does what is right- shall be rewarded by their Lord;they have nothing to fear or regret".
The Bible says in John 8:32-"You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

JESUS CHRIST
Sura 3:45(al-imran)-"The Angels said to Mariam(Mary): Allah bids you rejoice in a Word from Him. His Name is al-Masih(Messiah), Isa the Son of Mariam. He shall be noble in this world and in the next, and shall be favored by Allah. When the Angel appeared to Mary to announce the birth of Jesus, he said in: Sura 19:19(mariam)- " 'I am the messenger of your Lord', he replied, 'and have come to give you a holy son.' "
Notice that Jesus is called a Holy Son, this means without fault or sin.
Sura 10:34(yunus)- "can any of your partners(associate-gods) produce a creation, then reproduce it? Allah produces a creation, then reproduce it."
Only God can create and give life. Let us continue with Sura 3:49(al-imran)- (Jesus speaking) "I bring you a sign from your Lord. From clay, I will make for you the likeness of a bird, I shall breath into it and, by Allah's leave, it shall become a living bird. By Allah's leave, I shall give sight to the blind man, heal the leper and raise the dead to life." It is only the Lord Jesus Christ who can do such things and by Koran's own standard, this identifies Jesus as the One with divine power and authority.
Jesus Christ is the only prophet in the Koran who does not confess his sins. There are tradition in the hadith(the record of the prophet Mohammed's sayings and actions not recorded in the Koran) that says: Abu Huraira reported Allah's messenger as saying, "there is none among the sons of Adam who is born but not touched by satan at the time of his birth. So he cried loudly because of satan's touch. But this is not the case with Mary and her Son".(agreed upon). Remember in Sura 19:19, Jesus is called the holy Son, without sin, faultless, pure and righteous by His own nature.
Sura 4:171(al-nisa)- "Al-Masih(Messiah), Isa(Jesus) the Son of Mariam, was no more than Allah's apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mariam, and a Spirit proceeding from Him."(agreed to John 1:1).
Jesus is the Spirit of God(Ruhull-Ilah) and the Word of God. Moses is called God's spokesman in the Koran, and Abraham is called the friend of God while Mohammed is called the messenger of God-ONLY JESUS CHRIST IS CALLED THE SPIRIT AND WORD OF GOD. Does this not mean that the teachings of Jesus need to be carefully studied from the Bible?
Jesus Christ is pronounced holy and sinless in Islam, but the prophet Mohammed often confessed his sins- Suras 40:55;47:19;48:2. Read to Mohammed's own confession in Sum 49:9(al-ahqaf)- "say, I am no prodigy(marvel or special one) among the apostles;nor do I know what will be done with me or you, I follow only what is revealed to me, and my only duty is to give plain warning." Prophet Mohammed confessed his own inability to know the end of his work or to know the fate of his followers. In strong contrast to this, please note carefully the words of the Koran in; Sura 3:55(al-imran)- "Allah said, Isa(Jesus). I am about to cause your term on earth to end and lift you up to Me. I shall take you away from those who disbelieve and exalt your followers above them till the Day of Resurrection". God says that FOLLOWERS of Jesus will be exalted until the Day of Resurrection! Has that day come yet? NO. Therefore, Jesus is worthy of being followed and His followers are honored by God just as Jesus is. HALLELUYAH- PRAISE BE HIS HOLY NAME! If you are a true follower of Jesus Christ according to His holy teachings, then you have full assurance of salvation in the last day(Romans 8:1).
Also please note, that Sura 3:55 says "I am about to cause your term on earth to end". The Arabic here says "Inim wuta wafika" which literally means, "I will cause you to die". Also in Sura 19:33(mariam) Jesus is quoted as saying: "so peace be on me on the day I was born and on THE DAY I DIE; and may peace be upon me on the day when I shall be raised to life." Praise be God, the Koran even bears testimony to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ!

THE BIBLE
Moslems often want to tell us that the Bible has been corrupted and cannot be trusted now. The Koran never said this and prophet Mohammed never said this. Let us look at some verses from the Koran which show the full confidence that Prophet Mohammed had in the Bible and how Allah instructed the people to trust the Bible.
Sura 5:68(al-maida)- "say:people of the Book(Christians and Jews),you stand for nothing until you observe the Torah and the Gospel and that which is revealed to you from your Lord."
Sura 4:136(al-nisa)- "O believers, have faith in Allah and His Apostles, in the Book He formerly revealed(Bible). He that denies Allah, His angels, His apostles, and the last Day, has strayed far from the truth".
Sure 5:48(al-maida)- "And to you We have revealed the Book with truth confirming what was revealed before it in the other Books and standing as a guardian over it". The Koran was to be the Guardian of all the previously revealed Scripture. If the Bible was corrupted, then the Koran failed in its work. If the Bible was corrupted, when and where and how was it corrupted? Was it corrupted before prophet Mohammed's time of after? If it was before his time, then why did he not say so and why did he tell his people to read the Law and the Gospel? If it was after prophet Mohammed's time, then why do we have ancient copies of the Bible that are much older than Mohammed that read exactly the same as the Bible today? Sum 5:43(al-maida) the Koran confirms the truthfulness of the Torah(law of Moses, Old Testament) when prophet Mohammed met some Jews in Arabia, Allah said to him, "But why do they come to you for judgement when they already have the Torah in which is Allah's own judgement?". Furthermore, in Sura 5:47, the Koran says, "Let the followers of the Gospel judge according with what Allah has revealed therein. Evil doers are those who do not base their judgement on Allah's revelation". This confirms that the Bible was known to Prophet Mohammed and he had full confidence in its truthfulness. It also tells us that according to true Islam, Christians are to guide themselves by the Gospel.
Mohammed was even told, "If thou(Mohammed) art in doubt concerning that which we revealed unto thee, then question those who read the Scriptures before thee."(Sura 10:94-yunus).
Prophet Mohammed was told to refer to the Christians for fuller spiritual understanding. The Bible was fully written, confirmed and compiled 500years before Mohammed was even born. Sura 6:115(al-an'am) says: "perfected are the words of your Lord in truth and justice. None can change them. He is the Hearing, the Knowing". The Torah and the Gospel are the word of the Lord, according to the Koran, so no one can change them! If the Bible has been changed as some Moslems will argue, then Koran is not true. No, the Bible has not been changed; it must be studied and respected as the Word of God.
Sura 29:46(al-ankabut) says: "And do not argue with the people of the Books(Jews and Christians) except in the best way,unless it be with those among them who do evil, say:we believe in that which is revealed to us which was revealed to you. Our God and your God is One. To Him we surrender ourselves."

You must believe the Bible. The true submitter to God must accept His word. It is only through a true knowledge of Jesus Christ as proclaimed in the Bible that we can find life and hope. The Koran says in Sum 35:18(fatir): "No soul shall bear another's burden. If a laden soul cries out for help, nothing of its burden will be carried even by a relative.".
However, Jesus Christ said, "come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and you shall find rest unto your soul."(Matthew 11:28-29). Jesus our Savior and King, is the only one who is qualified and holy enough to bear our burdens and lead us to salvation. He said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one can go to the Father but through me."(John 14:6).
Friends, please take time to learn of Jesus Christ and find the true meaning of submission to God. The Gospel is the true witness to Jesus Christ and we invite you to honestly and open-heartedly seek the truth from above from the One true God.
Read about Jesus Christ and learn of Him for He is ready to receive you.

You wrote beautiful, but its amazing that u quoted verses of the quran correctly but u did not reason and understand it nor did u know what the muslim belief and creed is, u just cherry pick verses from anti islamic sites.

There has never been a time when muslims denied Jesus, there is no muslim that does not believe in Jesus. The problem is that u misunderstood everything about Jesus. In the real sense u don't follow Jesus.
Jesus said if u want to go to heaven u have to keep the laws and commandements in Matt: 5:17

We believe in Jesus and the book God gave him which is the Injeel (gospel). If u read your bible u will see that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all of them testify that Jesus went to places and preach the gospel. That gospel Jesus preached, that book he had with him when he was preaching that is what we believe in the injeel (gospel) i.e the gospel according to Jesus not the ones according to matthew, mark, Luke & John. The bible u have now were written 45 - 80yrs after the death of Jesus. The bible u have now has been interpolated and is still undergoing revision that is why u have the RSV revised standard version, imagine a book of God revised by man? People have been playing with God's word, I am sorry the bible u have today in ur hands is not the word of God. U have a mixture of God's word, Prophets word and historians wor

Quran 2:62 Belivers Jews, Christians and Sabaens whoever believes in Allah and the last day & does what is right shall be rewarded by their lord; they have nothing to regret. This is very true but what u fail to understand is that u are not christians but paultians because u don't follow Jesus because what he said and lamented that u should keep u have thrown it, u only follow the teachings of Paul and the church. And the servant cannot be greater than the master, what did the master say in Matt: 5:17 that till judgement day no jot should be kept out for salvation u have to keep the laws & commandment. U have to use your God given intelligent not just become a follow follow.

U quoted sura 3:45 "The angel said to Mary Allah bids u rejoice in a word from him. His name is al masih(messiah) Isa the son of Mary. He shall be noble in this world & next ... Holy son...
All of these high status of Jesus is what we believe without any christian preachin to us. Have u ever ask yoursel why would Mohammad (saw) an Arab goes out of his way to praise a Jesus and his mother? The ans is only because he was sent by God. The problem is u misunderstood everything about Jesus and started to worship him. Which the status and miracle instigated the Romans made them to inculcate their concept of son of been sacrifice for their sins.
Check the whole bible no where did Jesus simply or clearly say that he is God or people should worship him.
People talk about the word of God becoming God its not true. When you say a word the word is yours but not you. For example when I say pen, the word pen is my word but I am not a pen. The quran we believe is the word of God that does not mean that the quran is God, its God's word but not God himself.

The word Messiah Christians think that it is a kind of word that means saviour or salvation. The word Messiah translated to Christ simply means annoint or appoint (someone appointed by God, sent , messenger) anyone can go back to history and find out what messiah means.

U talked about holy son and said that means without fault or sin. Again that is not what Jesus taught. Do u remember when his diciples tried to stop the children from coming to see him and told his diciples to allow the children for the children are the inhabitants of heaven. That means that every child is born without sin, also in the book of Ezeikel it says "the soul that sin he shall die for the father shall not bear the iniquity of the son nor shall the son bear the iniquity of the father". All religion from God there has never been the concept of original sin.

U quoted quran 10:34 ... Allah produces creation. Then reproduce it. Then u quoted quran 3 :49. Where Jesus did miracles by the will of God, which we all believe. All these are very clear in the bible and the quran all what Jesus did was not by his power but the power of God that sent him to prove to the people that he was a messenger of God but not God himself or anything equal to God. There is no place in the bible or quran where Jesus said he did any miracle by his power or by himself, all that he do he said by the glory of God. Check Acts: 2:22 it says " oh children of Isreal hear this word, Jesus of Nazareth a MAN approve by God by miracles, wonders and signs which God did by him in your midst which you yourselt also know.

Prophet Mohammad (saw) said I seek forgiveness from God and we all can be in heaven by the mercy of God. In a hadith Aisha (ra) said to the prophet why do u still deprive yourself from sleep at night praying to God when u are the last messenger of God. He (s.a.w) said would I not be grateful to my lord. The noble prophet is not the egostic type or one who will boast that I am the last prophet, I will be the first or I can do and undo. No the prophet through out his life he remained humble and down to earth with all and everything because he is an examplary leader, teaching us to be steadfast on righteousness and not arrogant.
The quran is still here with us, read it and judge for yourself where u are going to hell or heaven.

U also quoted Quran 19:33 where Jesus said "so peace be on me on the day I was born and on the day I die and the day when I shall be raised ti life. Before u conclude that the quran bears testimony of death and resurrection of Jesus u have comprehend the words it says " and on the day I die" that's a future tense. Jesus was neither killed nor crucified, God raised him up so when he comes back in his second coming he will die then God will surely raised him to life for judgement. Jesus confirm that in matt: 12:39-40 he said for as Jonah was three days & 3 nights in the belly of the fish so shall the son of man.

@ the time of Noah he was the way,
@ the time of Abraham he was the way
@ the time of Moses he was the way
@ the time of Jesus he was the way
This is time of Mohammad (s.a.w) he is the way

Pls have u ever asked yourselves that why in the second coming of Jesus when u the christians go to him for salvation, why would he neglect u and send u away from him? Matt: 7:22. Its a simple truth u misunderstood him and you did not follow his teachings but that of the church, Paul and your pastors. God will not come down himself and force to accept his last prophet, he has given u opportunity in media like this so u can't say that the message did not reach u.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Koran Say About Jesus And The Bible? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
@mahdino, you keep saying the bible is corrupted and you didn't even care to say how and when. I'll ask again: If the Bible was corrupted, when and where and how was it corrupted? Was it corrupted before prophet Mohammed's time of after? If it was before his time, then why did he not say so and why did he tell his people to read the Law and the Gospel? If it was after prophet Mohammed's time,then why do we have ancient copies of the Bible that are much older than Mohammed that read exactly the same as the Bible today?
Jesus said in John 10:35 that the scripture can not be broken. You can read from verse 34 why He said so. The Koran vehemently opposes the death and resurrection of Jesus, and His Deity, but then reference every other thing from the Bible- same thing as we have in the english versions you condemn. Was it that gospel of Jesus that Prophet mohammed told to refer to? Remember, gospel means, good news-of salvation- and not the just the name of a book . The Bible, which is the world's number one best seller, is not strictly one book; it is in fact a volume of 66 books written over 1500 years by about 44 different authors. Each of these authors state that they are describing and recording visions,commandments and information inspired to them by God and that He is the ultimate Author behind what they have written, so i don't know where you get the idea of God gave the Gospel to Jesus. God never drop the Bible from heaven. It was inspired. God Himself gave His Words, not to holy men of old; but rather,throughholy men of old. God literally put His Words into their mouth. Those chosenmen of old, which God set apart for His use, were simply PENS.
King David said...
Psalms 45:1,“My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king:my tongue is the pen of a ready writer".
The Bible is a self-confirming book. Only few of it's prophecies are not fulfilled yet. What's going on in the world today has been foretold by Jesus in one of the books of the gospel. That's enough reasons to believe it. And since the Koran uphold some teachings in the Bible and oppose others, we need to ask why.
Christianity to me is not a religion but living one's life according to the teachings of Jesus Christ which can only be found in the Bible.
Jesus fulfilled many prophecies in the bible from the old testament. He said in John 14:6 that no one can go to His Father except by Him. He is the Anointed One as you've rightly put it, so no need to seek any other. Jesus is Lord.

(1) (Reply)

IF This Porñ Star Can Change.....u Too Can / Is Masturbation A Sin According To The Bible? / What Was The Relationship Between David And Jonathan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.