Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

2013 Movie Review. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 2013 Movie Review. (638 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 / Best 2013 Movie(s) You've Watched!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Movie Review. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
[b]Okay, lemme talk:

White House Down was ok, a bit long, but okay. As okay as a movie can be when you already know the outcome.

Olympus Has Fallen had better action than WHD but was extremely long. I dozed off midway. And the CGI was just CRAPPY!

Star Trek Into Darkness was amazing. I loved the storyline, the actors (I began to ship Kirk/Spock and Kirk/Khan because of it). Cumberbatch was simply astounding as Khan. At first I thought he couldn't pull off villain after watching him as Sherlock, but he DELIVERED!

Fast and Furious 6 was two words: Les Miserable!

I have not, and will not watch After Earth as I was turned off by the trailer. I think the trailer is the most important part of a movie as it is what draws viewers in.

Oblivion was amazing. The graphics and the story and the music. Oh the music! M83 was at their best. I had to download the complete movie soundtrack immediately I exited the cinema. (Same with Star Trek Into Darkness soundtrack. I loved London Calling (and the scene in which it was played))

I will see Pacific Rim tomorrow. The trailers look amazing.

Man of Steel was too grey.
[/b]
Re: 2013 Movie Review. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
[b]Saw Pacific Rim today. Boy oh boy! del Toro brought it! Elba killed it! Gorman and Day were absolutely hilarious! And the Jaegers, so freaking huge!
Don't get me started on the quotes and corny one-liners.

I've got a few criticisms, though. The movie was too "wet". The Kaiju-on-Jaeger actions were all in heavily wet environments (that must have been a pain to render).
Idris was a little bit carried away with the grunts and Japanese accent.
And I felt that Mako was under-utilized.

There are few scenes that stand out, though. Like |SPOILER| when Chuck Hensen and Stacker were about to leave for the final battle and Chuck's father told Stacker: "Stacker, that's my son you got there. My son!"
The way he said that, the emotion...that's Oscar-worthy!

And there's this quote by Elba: "Today, at the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in ourselves, but in each other. Today we face the monsters that are at our door. Today, we take the fight to them. Today we are canceling the apocalypse!"
[/b]
Re: 2013 Movie Review. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2013

OMG!!! Just watched The Wolverine! That was $10 well spent!!! I'm not gonna gush about the movie, which was all kinds of awesome, I'm gonna talk about the post-credits scene for which Marvel is now famous.

For those of you that leave a movie once the credits start rolling, y'all are MISSING a helluva lot!

||SERIOUS SPOILERS AHEAD||

Magneto is back (the original, not the Fassbender shit) and his powers have returned (which renders the mutant cure useless). Trask Industries, makers of the Sentinel are featured. And best of all....wait for it....wait for it...keep on waiting for it...PROFESSOR X IS BACK!!! The Original Professor X, not the young lad. WHOO!!!

I'm seriously looking forward to XMen Days Of Future Past.

Go Marvel!!
Re: 2013 Movie Review. by prof800(m): 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
^^^^^
it feels good knowing the original professor X is coming back..!
Re: 2013 Movie Review. by Brisingr(m): 9:03am On Jul 27, 2013
Looking forward to seeing how marvel will spin the death of professor X that Jean killed in X3 MAGNETO powers returning is understandable
Re: 2013 Movie Review. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 27, 2013
Brisingr: Looking forward to seeing how marvel will spin the death of professor X that Jean killed in X3 MAGNETO powers returning is understandable
_
I think they'll go in the direction of Prof X transfering his consciousness into a clone or the body of his twin that Dr. MacTaggert was keeping in stasis.
Or they'll make it that he faked his death (he's done it before in the comics, so...).
Re: 2013 Movie Review. by Brisingr(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2013
i just discovered the post credit scene with Dr.Mactaggert

(1) (Reply)

Who Are Those That Click Dislike On Youtube Video / Did U Watch This When You Were Young? / Comic Fan Pls Help Out..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.