Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

"Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " (1092 Views)

7 Reasons Why Test Of Sexual Capability Before Marriage Leads To Marital Crisis / Extra Marital Affairs: My Thoughts / Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
I somehow found myself at a divorce case hearing between two couple a few days ago in Newcastle, England.

A woman was filling for divorce and listening to her evidence, the key was INFIDELITY.

I starred at their faces (i.e., she and her husband), and kept wondering what it was like when these two met each other, the smiles, the professing of love, the promises of love and the joy that they found each other.

I beat myself a lot at the courtroom, wondering what WENT WRONG? Why INFIDELITY? What was it that his wife couldn't provide at home?

One of the vows of holy matrimony is:

"For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish each other till death".

And I said, did they made these promises to each other at all? Beside the marriage was barely 2 years.

And the big QUESTION is:

Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs, leaving their loved ones feeling devastated, alone, betrayed, jealous, confused, and aggrieved?

www.flaubertajiero.com
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
Flaubert Ajiero: I somehow found myself at a divorce case hearing between two couple a few days ago in Newcastle, England.

A woman was filling for divorce and listening to her evidence, the key was INFIDELITY.

I starred at their faces (i.e., she and her husband), and kept wondering what it was like when these two met each other, the smiles, the professing of love, the promises of love and the joy that they found each other.

I beat myself a lot at the courtroom, wondering what WENT WRONG? Why INFIDELITY? What was it that his wife couldn't provide at home?

"For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish each other till death".

1. Greed
2. Low self-esteem and thus the need to prove yourself outside marriage. (Do other men / women find me attractive?)
3. Problems with the spouse.
4. Poor moral judgement.
And so on and so forth ...
In most cases, it's a combination of different reasons.

And I said, did they made these promises to each other at all? Beside the marriage was barely 2 years.

And the big QUESTION is:

Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs, leaving their loved ones feeling devastated, alone, betrayed, jealous, confused, and aggrieved?

www.flaubertajiero.com
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
Flaubert Ajiero: I somehow found myself at a divorce case hearing between two couple a few days ago in Newcastle, England.

And the big QUESTION is:

www.flaubertajiero.com

1. Greed
2. Low self-esteem and thus the need to prove yourself outside marriage. (Do other men / women find me attractive?)
4. Poor moral judgement.
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
Simply because they are not satisfied; could be emotionally, "bedroomrically", financially or as as result of internal conflict. Though some people find it necessary to cheat. Its their nature!
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by sakaguchi(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
To chop banana till dem go yo

1 Like

Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
For the fun or because their s/e/x life is boring with their official partner... undecided
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25: For the fun or because their s/e/x life is boring with their official partner... undecided
only intimacy could make people have extra marital affairs?
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
only intimacy could make people have extra marital affairs?
I don't think so but most of the time it's for that... They don't want to leave/lose the comfort that the relationship with their official partner offers... undecided
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
I don't think so but most of the time it's for that... They don't want to leave/lose the comfort that the relationship with their official partner offers... undecided
thats true...
Would you support a woman who is starved of intimay to go into one?
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
thats true...
Would you support a woman who is starved of intimay to go into one?
Before I answer this question, I'll like to know what are your views on religion: are you christian or muslim or none of them ? embarassed If you don't want to answer, don't. smiley
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
Before I answer this question, I'll like to know what are your views on religion: are you christian or muslim or none of them ? embarassed If you don't want to answer, don't. smiley

i'd reply, but would my response change your answer?
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
i'd reply, but would my response change your answer?
No but I'll be cautious of the words that I use to not offence your views... undecided I just want to know if I have to sugarcoat my answer... grin
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
Christian
Sanboy25:
No but I'll be cautious of the words that I use to not offence your views... undecided I just want to know if I have to sugarcoat my answer... grin
sugarcoat? Lol, dont worry about that. Am not a fanatic, lemme hear you. Just be real pls.
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135: Christian
sugarcoat? Lol, dont worry about that. Am not a fanatic, lemme hear you. Just be real pls.
Lol ok.
idnoble135: Would you support a woman who is starved of intimay to go into one?

- If she is married and Christian I'll not support her to go into one because of all what it implies spiritually and such... towards her husband, reputation, family...
- If she is married and Pagan, I'll not support her but I'll not dissuade her neither.
- If she is not married but in a relationship, I'll not support nor dissuade her...
- If she is in a relationship where she is obviously treated miserably both physically and mentally, yes I'll encourage her to go to greener pasture in order to find happiness and a real relationship.
-> I believe that women also have the right to be s/e/xually satisfied but I'd rather the infidelity to lead to something, a durable and sustainable relationship, I don't like the idea of doing that just for the fun without no tomorrow... smiley

1 Like

Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
^
i admire your conviction. Are you getting relaxed now or still bored?
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135: ^
i admire your conviction. Are you getting relaxed now or still bored?
Still bored... embarassed
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
Still bored... embarassed
alone @home right?
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
alone @home right?
Yep... embarassed
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
Yep... embarassed

hmhm, and its cold right?
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
hmhm, and its cold right?
Nope not at all... undecided
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Cholls(m): 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
carefreewannabe:

1. Greed
4. Poor moral judgement.

My sister u r on point wink
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
Nope not at all... undecided

Sleepy. Am off to bed....
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:

Sleepy. Am off to bed....
Good night. smiley
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by tpia5: 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
three threads on cheating, today alone.

who is the cheater in question.
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
tpia@:
three threads on cheating, today alone.

who is the cheater in question.
i wonder!
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
Good night. smiley
same. Enjoy your night rest...
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by Sanboy25: 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
same. Enjoy your night rest...
wink
Re: "Why Do People Have Extra-marital Affairs? " by babsomotde(m): 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
You should ask the cheaters

(1) (Reply)

Beverly And Angelo Are Digging It Again Right Now On Big Brother Africa / What Should I Do? / 10 Things Every Lady Should Know About relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.