Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,889 members, 7,798,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja (46794 Views)

"What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Virgin Mary Image Seen On Hospital Window In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Lenny5000(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: Sketching information about the Virgin Mary's Apparition in st Benedicts catholic church,Ubiaja in Esan south-East local government Area of Edo-state ,Nigeria, picture is every where in the blessed land of esan, no surprises at all from me ,because ubiaja was one of the home land of white missionaries who brought christianity to Esan land . As the Esan people celebrate a centenary celebration of Christianity ,its a mark of Blessed Mother of God's prayers to the Esan land. I would be heading to Ubiaja tomorrow to see the exact sport of the apparition . Blessed Mother of God , pray for me.

There was no Apparition of MARY and there has never been one throughout history. WHY? Because Mary was a mortal that lived and died. She is not DIVINE! Again God have messengers to do his errands and these messengers are called ANGELS! Now tell me why on earth would Mary be making an appearance? What purpose does it serve? Whenever it comes to things of GOD, we should remove our personal feelings and beliefs and stay within Scriptures. Again there was never a Picture or Image of Mary, so why conclude that the Statute, Image or Apparition of A White woman whose head is covered is MARY? What makes her Mary?... If you collect all the Millions of Statues and Pictures of Mary around the world, you would be looking at more that a thousand different women and yet they call these different women one and the same MARY! Please let us leave the "Traditions of men and Focus on GOD... Stay Blessed
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
kasheemawo: what a confusing religion,can u explain better how Jesus is/was God and remember that Jesus was also created d way Adam was created.attributing Jesus to be a God always piss me off. Is only jehovah witness i respect most among Christianity because they believe that Jesus was a mere a message and he was sent by most High
blah blah . only a fool will call humans , the creation of GOD , the most beautiful thing on earth a mere something

go away with your JW agenda bunch deluded minds .

u are a fool , Jesus wasn't created walai who feeds u with such rubbish ? grin grin grin
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
free2ryhme:

show where it is in the bible that we should pray this way

where in the bible we should make the sing of cross before praying or entering in the church?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by free2ryhme: 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so u are not comparing yourself with Mary? are u Virgin?
did an angel say to u that all generations should call u blessed? did u give birth to God? eh eh like i said you protestants don't know what u are doing or saying, i'm not even surprised .

mary was only a virgin after she gave birth to christ .. she also gave birth to other children remember... and was she still a man after this ..This teaching that suggests that Mary remained a virgin is antibiblical. Mary did not remain a virgin.

The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph knew her not
(intimately) TILL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible specifically says that Jesus
had brothers and even mentions their names. Jesus had sisters too. Scriptural
references are below:

Mathew 1:25: And [Joseph] knew her not till she had brought forth her
firstborn son: and he called His name JESUS.

Mathew 13:55-56 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary?
and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are
they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Show me yours with bibilical reference

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Airhix(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
I made this post , am an anglican , but trust and believe in the ONLY CATHOLIC AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH ! Read the first 20post , you get the initial post where I get to explain . call me 07067417516 , then I get to explain to you better .
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by swaggzo(m): 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
or maybe I was wrong on my first post. here's another vivid image... im way more than confused now.
but that's not my virgin Mary!!

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
free2ryhme:

mary was only a virgin after she gave birth to christ .. she also gave birth to other children remember... and was she still a man after this ..This teaching that suggests that Mary remained a virgin is antibiblical. Mary did not remain a virgin.

The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph knew her not
(intimately) TILL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible specifically says that Jesus
had brothers and even mentions their names. Jesus had sisters too. Scriptural
references are below:

Mathew 1:25: And [Joseph] knew her not till she had brought forth her
firstborn son: and he called His name JESUS.

Mathew 13:55-56 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary?
and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are
they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Show me yours with bibilical reference

this has already been debunked . Mary stayed virgin .
they are cousins of Jesus not his blood brother(if we can call it like that)
In Igbo there is no word for cousins they are all called brothers . u can ask Afam tongue tongue tongue
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by free2ryhme: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

where in the bible we should make the sing of cross before praying or entering in the church?

point of correction it is most catholics that act this way
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
Same in my language and most African language ^ heck in most African culture the concept of aunts and uncles didn't exist prior the colonization/invasion . for further explanation check the ancient greek word for brothers or cousins .thanks me later cool cool
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
free2ryhme:

point of correction it is most catholics that act this way
stop deceiving yourself
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Lilimax(f): 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
toshmann: See wetin poverty de cause grin
grin grin
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by free2ryhme: 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

this has already been debunked . Mary stayed virgin .
they are cousins of Jesus not his blood brother(if we can call it like that)
In Igbo there is no word for cousins they are all called brothers . u can ask Afam tongue tongue tongue

Debunked by who?human or the word of God ( Bible)

who is afam where the bible exist ..

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by free2ryhme: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: stop deceiving yourself

you are your own deceit
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Lilimax(f): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
I noticed that you changed your initial post grin I never said she has no relevance but she should not be seen in the same light as Jesus Christ. That's what a Catholics are doing. Jesus could have been bore by just about any woman. He had to come to the earth one way or the other. You guys are taking this Marry ish too far abeg.
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by BonnyDominic: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Some people need brain check!

In this time of inceasant rainfall, while the roof of that place is leaking, and as i dey see crack on that wall, what else wld that be if not a water mark on the wall!

Una no well, i swear!

When i was small, that kind map full my mattress due to incesant bed wetting!

Nansense!

Ok, where the eyes be?
Abeg read ur comment mk U draw conclusion on wu dey sick, dem or U? Rubbish.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
free2ryhme:

Debunked by who?human or the word of God ( Bible)

who is afam where the bible exist ..

the Afam part was for the Igbo language . stop taking your pervert fantasies for reality ,Mary remained a virgin and the bible is talking about Jesus' cousins . because in the ancient greek . there is no word for cousins . the word brother is used for cousin .
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Lilimax(f): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
$ugardaddy:

Catholics honour Mary, the mother of God.We do not worship her. Please join me as I pray :-
"Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death (Amen)"
I hear you undecided
You can tell that to the birds? Jesus is the only mediator between man and God. You can only pray through Him okay.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by free2ryhme: 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
cameroonian pls anytime you want make reference use the bible with quotes or else hold your peace .. You can only use God's word to argue God's word
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Sweetapple007(f): 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mary the blessed mother of god draw sinner to her son jesus christ i dont believ her before but am a livg testimony , i was sick ad at the point of dead when she save me, in the dream i was walkg endlessly to a grave yard whe she was followg me crying bitterly i was touched by her cries that i turn to look back at the mary statue that was cryg just because i didnt beliv it i hit at it in that dream behold it turn into jesus chrst wit blood gushg thru his hands ad feed ad a crown of torns wit blood on his head, i was wippg wit tears i became saved! The korean yoruba infant asian hav a very special way of greetg which involve worshipg an elderly influence person does it implies the person is now a god? Mary role at the weddg in cana. She carried he son to safety in egypt followed him all the way to calvry, carry ad wrapped him when he died was present at pentecost ad other event that was not recorded in the bible. Her son jesus chrt cheerish her ad is answering people thru her. Believ it or not am a livg witnes and a proud catholic.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by BonnyDominic: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
mrlaw93: Assuming na Muslim post this one dem go say we don start undecided
Abeg no bring religious issue come here becos U fit carry dagger 4 body
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
free2ryhme:

you are your own deceit
u lied about catholics being the only one doing the sign of the cross . lipsrsealed undecided
Anyway they influenced u all . that's why u are hating on them grin grin grin . a fcking pastor worshipper is telling us that we shouldn't honor the Mother of GOD ,who is fooling who? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Lilimax(f): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva: Another angle to the story is, how do you guys know how Virgin Mary looks?
Her statue is everywhere needless to ask grin?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by dezulu1(f): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
U̶̲̥̅̊ r very dumb! Dnt jus sit down dere wivout making verifications nd saying shit! U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt blv in it,den shut up.
Alfa Seltzer: There's leak in church roof. They may want to fix it before the water causes further damage. Or not. That's their problem.

Coming to think of it, are these people so brain dead stuupid that they resort to worshiping a consequence of bad work and falling building?

Anyway, the water stain shape looks more like a giant condom than anything else.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Lilimax(f): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Beey: At this age people are still chasing after images and shadows instead of chasing after God?What's this obsession that Catholics have with Mary praying for them?Is it even Biblical??I don't mean to attack your faith,even my Dad is Catholic though we differ on certain issues when it comes to faith.But the Bible calls both Jesus and the HolySpirit our intercessors.It says that the HolySpirit is groaning before the father.Jesus is called the High priest who's intercerding for us before the father.Mary was just a humanbeing,who was favored by God.When the curtain was torn into two after Jesus died & later rose,we were given direct access to the father. You and I don't need men to be our intercessors whether the saints or Mary.We all have direct access to God.
+ Like
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
free2ryhme: cameroonian pls anytime you want make reference use the bible with quotes or else hold your peace .. You can only use God's word to argue God's word

Mary's perpetual virginity

In connection with the study of Mary during Our Lord's hidden life, we meet the questions of her perpetual virginity, of her Divine motherhood, and of her personal sanctity. Her spotless virginity has been sufficiently considered in the article on the Virgin Birth. The authorities there cited maintain that Mary remained a virgin when she conceived and gave birth to her Divine Son, as well as after the birth of Jesus. Mary's question (Luke 1:34), the angel's answer (Luke 1:35-37), Joseph's way of behaving in his doubt (Matthew 1:19-25), Christ's words addressed to the Jews (John 8:19) show that Mary retained her virginity during the conception of her Divine Son. [65]

As to Mary's virginity after her childbirth, it is not denied by St. Matthew's expressions "before they came together" (1:18), "her firstborn son" (1:25), nor by the fact that the New Testament books repeatedly refer to the "brothers of Jesus". [66] The words "before they came together" mean probably, "before they lived in the same house", referring to the time when they were merely betrothed; but even if the words be understood of marital intercourse, they only state that the Incarnation took place before any such intercourse had intervened, without implying that it did occur after the Incarnation of the Son of God. [67]

The same must be said of the expression, "and he knew her not till she brought forth her firstborn son" (Matthew 1:25); the Evangelist tells us what did not happen before the birth of Jesus, without suggesting that it happened after his birth. [68] The name "firstborn" applies to Jesus whether his mother remained a virgin or gave birth to other children after Jesus; among the Jews it was a legal name [69], so that its occurrence in the Gospel cannot astonish us.

Finally, the "brothers of Jesus" are neither the sons of Mary, nor the brothers of Our Lord in the proper sense of the word, but they are His cousins or the more or less near relatives. [70] The Church insists that in His birth the Son of God did not lessen but consecrate the virginal integrity of His mother (Secret in Mass of Purification). The Fathers express themselves in similar language concerning this privilege of Mary

how dare u talk bad about your forefathers? tell me without the Catholic church would u guy exist? ah ah ah .bunch of rebels
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by BonnyDominic: 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lilimax: I hear you undecided
You can tell that to the birds? Jesus is the only mediator between man and God. You can only pray through Him okay.
U dey read ur bible so? U guys r just interested in judgn,critisizing nd condenming pples faith. We don gooooo,una go remain 4 back.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by dezulu1(f): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Na fool na...dog climb wall go piss shey?
HARDEYLEKE:

What is this one saying?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lilimax:
Her statue is everywhere needless to ask grin?
just like the picture of your pastor right? when are u going to buy a jet like your pastor ,please tell me? sad sad pathetic . pastors worshippers trying to give lessons .lwkmd
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by seegobe(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
only BABA GOD sabi oo
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mary's divine motherhood

Mary's Divine motherhood is based on the teaching of the Gospels, on the writings of the Fathers, and on the express definition of the Church. St. Matthew (1:25) testifies that Mary "brought forth her first-born son" and that He was called Jesus. According to St. John (1:15) Jesus is the Word made flesh, the Word Who assumed human nature in the womb of Mary. As Mary was truly the mother of Jesus, and as Jesus was truly God from the first moment of His conception, Mary is truly the mother of God. Even the earliest Fathers did not hesitate to draw this conclusion as may be seen in the writings of St. Ignatius [72], St. Irenaeus [73], and Tertullian [74]. The contention of Nestorius denying to Mary the title "Mother of God" [75] was followed by the teaching of the Council of Ephesus proclaiming Mary to be Theotokos in the true sense of the word
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
[s]you guys should stop deceiving urselves,those apparitions are not real.go for wot is real[/s]
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by dollarlander: 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: Sketching information about the Virgin Mary's Apparition in st Benedicts catholic church,Ubiaja in Esan south-East local government Area of Edo-state ,Nigeria, picture is every where in the blessed land of esan, no surprises at all from me ,because ubiaja was one of the home land of white missionaries who brought christianity to Esan land . As the Esan people celebrate a centenary celebration of Christianity ,its a mark of Blessed Mother of God's prayers to the Esan land. I would be heading to Ubiaja tomorrow to see the exact sport of the apparition . Blessed Mother of God , pray for me.

Devil is deceiving you. You might be serving God under curse.

Exodus 20:4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

If you are still bowing down to Mary or honouring her you are a MUMU!!!

[b][/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Reverend Sister's Dance Video Goes Viral / Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance / Before Your Son Brings Another Son As His Wife, Wake Up - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.