Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,731 members, 7,802,210 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known (19836 Views)

Coming From A Jonathan Fan In Imo State.. You Wont Believe This! / Ebonyi State You May Not Know. / I Have Known Omisore Since I Was 20years Of Age - VP Namadi Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by aljharem(m): 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
from lagos but ebonyi looks like a very nice place with loads of potentials. God bless Ebonyi state
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Afam4eva(m): 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
alj harem: from lagos but ebonyi looks like a very nice place with loads of potentials. God bless Ebonyi state
Alhaji, long time. Which username have you been using these days?
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva: Rural Ebonyi looks really nice. I never knew Ebonyi had that much body of water.

All SE states have bodies of water. Ebonyi seems just different because some of the communities live along the rivers, unlike those in most other SE states except perhaps those along R. Niger in Anambra. For some unknown reasons Abia people do not like to live along river banks.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Afam4eva(m): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
I'll like to own a country home anywhere in Ebonyi.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Apart from Akanu Ibiam, we had ZIK, Opara and Ukpabi Asika,

Speaking of the title ''governor'', Okpara was a '' premier'' not a gov, Ukpabi was an ''administrator'' not a gov''

Not sure what title Zik held apart from ''Gov Gen'' and ''President''
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Afam4eva(m): 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74:

Speaking of the title ''governor'', Okpara was a '' premier'' not a gov, Ukpabi was an ''administrator'' not a gov''

Ok then.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
Nightshift: Forget all the imported rice in Nigeria ( most have terrible taste) , Abakaliki rice is one of the most tasty rice in the world. Its taste can be favourably compared to Basmati rice variety.
I equally like the flat landscape of the state with its lush green fields.

Quite right. Abakaliki rice is actually now being exported.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by aljharem(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Alhaji, long time. Which username have you been using these days?

username ? I am still alj harem, just been busy and watching how GEJ is destroying our country's economy. grin
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74:

Up till this moment, I am yet to understand the diff btw premier and governor. Explain it please.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
chidindufrank: Up till this moment, I am yet to understand the diff btw premier and governor. Explain it please.

One and the same. Just different nomenclatures. ''Gov'' was title given by the Brits as they were preparing leaving Nigeria. ''Premier'' is title of head of the indigenous govts of the different regions of Nigeria after independence.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva: I'll like to own a country home anywhere in Ebonyi.
Afikpo, Ezzamgbo, Abakaliki, Ohaozara, make your choice.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by achi4u(m): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2013
taharqa2: Really? Why have I always viewed the State in a not too edifying light then?? Very interesting, in deed...
why wouldn't u view it that way when most of the s.eastern states do cajole Ebonyi state and its ppl.

Am only happy that Ebonyi state govt is heavily investing in real infrastructure that will help the ppl on the long run.

Example of such projects are roads, water, bridges that connect the whole communities,agriculture and education as their paramount .

@goddex I don't knw the angle ur shooting from but always respect that name "Ezza " whenever you see it.No matter ur hatred for Ezza's they will always out smart you in all human end's.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by asha80(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2013
achi4u: why wouldn't u view it that way when most of the s.eastern states do cajole Ebonyi state and its ppl.

Am only happy that Ebonyi state govt is heavily investing in real infrastructure that will help the ppl on the long run.

Example of such projects are roads, water, bridges that connect the whole communities,agriculture and education as their paramount .

@goddex I don't knw the angle ur shooting from but always respect that name "Ezza " whenever you see it.No matter ur hatred for Ezza's they will always out smart you in all human end's.
i think what goddex means is the ezza izzi crises that occurs once in a while.we should not be emotional when reading things.izzi was also mentioned in his post.by the way the infrastrcucture you are talking about is it well spread or located around the capital?
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Afam4eva(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2013
The truth is that i don't pray for Abakalili or any town to become a big city. I want it to remain a small but clean and sane thing with nice suburbs and rural area where one can go and rest.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by asha80(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2013
sorry achi4u it is ezza ezillo crisis not izzi.maybe goddex reall has issues.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by achi4u(m): 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
asha 80: i think what goddex means is the ezza izzi crises that occurs once in a while.we should not be emotional when reading things.izzi was also mentioned in his post.by the way the infrastrcucture you are talking about is it well spread or located around the capital?
You understand it that way because you are informed patterning to the crisis btw Ezza and eziulo not even Izzi, now hw about those who are ignorant of what happened or what is happening?

The infrastructure am talking about us well spread out to all the 13 LGAs,thus all the communities that were been cutoff by Ebonyi river are now interconnected with high quality bridges.
Am not here to praise Gov Mathin Elechi because he's nt saint but with the little revenue he generate plus the megare peanut FG do throw to the state seems to be well manage unlike the formal gov Egwu who only share the money with his gang and be partying till all the ebsu chicks will be smiling to their bank the next day.lol

You can travel to any part of the state with well tied road except some few who are under construction.
Electricity is relatively ok like any other part of the country.

The water project is of African standard because of the quality of pipes been used.

All in all Elechi is trying.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by achi4u(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
asha 80: sorry achi4u it is ezza ezillo crisis not izzi.maybe goddex reall has issues.
.Brother,I knew he made a mistake but the manner in which he painted a whole Ezza nation and Izzi clan is too absurd.
If he had an issues let that hang on his neck.

Thank you once again.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by kennonny: 2:01am On Nov 23, 2013
Adejoro, you are really a true Ebonyi citizen. Our young and fast developing state needs people like you and more publicities like this. i wish to let you know that i have always been supportive of this course(public awareness of the vast development in Ebonyi state) and think that perhaps we can form a forum in any of the social networks. Once again, nice pics and nice work too. EBONYI, THE DAMSEL STATE is in the process of transformation no matter what haters do or say. grin
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by IGBOSON1: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Quick snapshot of Abakaliki......i like how clean and tidy my Ebonyi kinsfolk are:

Video courtesy Apapa1406

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g67AIe8ABs4
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by WarriPikin1: 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Apart from Akanu Ibiam, we had ZIK, Opara and Ukpabi Asika,

Point of correction,
Ukpabi Asika was the governor of EAST CENTRAL STATE not Eastern Region!
It is like naming Odigie Oyegun as a governor of mid-West region.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by investnow2013: 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Adejoro74: Ebonyi rural
Why should our own Ebonyi be regarded as one of the Poorest States in Nigeria with all These resources?
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
invest-now2013:
Why should our own Ebonyi regarded as one of Poorest States in Nigeria with all These resources?

Y won't it be labelled poor when the senile governor can't think of how to harness the resources.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by IGBOSON1: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
invest-now2013:
Why should our own Ebonyi regarded as one of Poorest States in Nigeria with all These resources?

^^^Could you share any link/references that supports your claim that Ebonyi is 'one of the poorest states in Nigeria'? If we're looking for state governments that have performed below expectations, inspite of the massive human and natural resources their states are endowed with, i think we all know where to look!

A good starting point would be to compare Ebonyis' IGR (for say 2012) with that of any state you feel Ebonyi should emulate in the South East! If you're busy, just ask me to help you and i'd gladly oblige!
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Onlytruth(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2013

Afikpo, Ezzamgbo, Abakaliki, Ohaozara, make your choice.

For me, Afikpo. cool
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by passion007: 10:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Could you share any link/references that supports your claim that Ebonyi is 'one of the poorest states in Nigeria'? If we're looking for state governments that have performed below expectations, inspite of the massive human and natural resources their states are endowed with, i think we all know where to look!

A good starting point would be to compare Ebonyis' IGR (for say 2012) with that of any state you feel Ebonyi should emulate in the South East! If you're busy, just ask me to help you and i'd gladly oblige!

Oh Lord, this is quite mind-boggling (Figures are per month and in Naira).
Ebonyi: 1.25bn
Enugu: 1bn
Imo: 800million
Anambra:450million
Abia: 300million
(These are figures gleaned from govt officials)

These figures are puzzling. Is million the new billion, or what!
Our 'super-states' Anambra and Abia with the industries and commerce are scratching the bottom of the pot.
It turns out Abia will have to be collapsed into Ebonyi, while Anambra is collapsed into Enugu.

Now I kinda understand why geeez appears on every thread citing IGR figures; there's some sense in his 'madness', after all.
A good number of SE leaders are having the easiest ride, and the citizens cheering them on.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by IGBOSON1: 11:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
passion007:

Oh Lord, this is quite mind-boggling (Figures are per month and in Naira).
Ebonyi: 1.25bn
Enugu: 1bn
Imo: 800million
Anambra:450million
Abia: 300million
(These are figures gleaned from govt officials)

These figures are puzzling. Is million the new billion, or what!
Our super-states Anambra and Abia with the industries and commerce are scratching the bottom of the pot.
It turns out Abia will have to be collapsed into Ebonyi, while Anambra is collapsed into Enugu.

^^^Thank you my brother! These were the figures i saw for the South East and my perception of the Ebonyi state governor changed; i didn't have his time before! He's tapping into the states agricultural potentials reasonably well, and i've noticed when he builds physical structures, he goes for good contractors and builds something Ebonyians in particular and Ndigbo in general can be proud of......like the state secretariat for instance.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by IGBOSON1: 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2013
I think this was earlier this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFIc6wY-O5A

1 Like

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by passion007: 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Thank you my brother! These were the figures i saw for the South East and my perception of the Ebonyi state governor changed; i didn't have his time before! He's tapping into the states agricultural potentials reasonably well, and i've noticed when he builds physical structures, he goes for good contractors and builds something Ebonyians in particular and Ndigbo in general can be proud of......like the state secretariat for instance.
Really, what Elechi is doing is quite commendable.
I used to perceive him as an under-performer because news from Ebonyi were often few and far between.
Now I know better.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by achi4u(m): 6:16am On Dec 02, 2013
We in Ebonyi state knows where our old man is taking us to.
I like it when he put a solid and quality structure in whatever he want to built, though very few.
There's no part of Ebonyi state that is not connected with good road, electricity, bridges and pipe born water. Truly he is trying.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Psychedelia(m): 8:00am On Dec 02, 2013
When you really open your mind, you'll find out no Nigerian state is completely "useless".
Every one has something going for it, one way or another.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 02, 2013
Are you kidding me? shocked Ebonyi's IGR 1.25 billion? I'm begginning to think, elechi just like sullivan doesnt believe in 'Media Development propaganda' just like some folks we know, good one from ebonyi I just hope Obiano reciprocates the same in Anambra, no doubt, Anambra has the potentials of generating as much as #3B monthly, just that the Gov't is too imcompetent, while the rich billionaires in Onitsha and Nnewi keep ripping people off!
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 02, 2013
The next person especially from the Southeast who insults the governor of Ebonyi will be in for the argument of his life with me. Like Seriously? Ebonyi has the highest IGR?
What are the governors of Anambra and Abia doing? It is either they are deliberately under quoting their IGR or they are not doing their jobs well. Either way, they should be hanged. Those states are capable of generating IGRs 10 times that of Ebonyi when we consider the commerce and the population there.
I served in Enugu. And the people there even made me believe there was nothing to boast about in Ebonyi. That is why I never visited the place. And nairalanders have reinforced that belief until I stumbled on this thread. This goes to show the power of the media.
I am just waiting for the next unlucky sod who will talk jack about Elechi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari And Women: Is He Shy, Coy Or Con? - Vanguard Reporter / How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu / UK returns £70m to Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.