Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,678 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? (5710 Views)

INVEST INTO TOMATO,PEPE,ONIONS,SUYABINS,CORN,WHITBINS,E.T.C / Do Not EVER Invest Into Hauling Business In Nigeria........reasons...... / The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by sewa(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2006
I have invested into Insurance company and my capital fund I deposited will soon mature by this June with the sum of N 2,000,000 (two million naira) only but you wont believed me that I don’t know what I can invested into. And I want to have my own business.

Moreover I want going concern business ideal that I can have as life business.

I don’t want to work as a salary basis any more am tied.

Ideal ho ho ho deal

Invitation last till end of June 2006

Any time i open this site i always thank God for creating Internet.

Thank for reading
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by kazey(m): 5:24pm On May 26, 2006
Be very careful bro, you sound desperate. That's some money some people would be willing to help you spend. smiley
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by hrh(m): 10:42am On May 27, 2006
you sound as if it will be hard for you,but be sure you are ready for business,through my expereince it will not be easy at the begining,
if you are too sure contact this email-royalvisionsvent@yahoo.com they are into business solutions and advice, i think they will email you a guideline on what to do.
goodluck,
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by naijacutee(f): 1:31pm On May 27, 2006
Buy a house and rent it out, I'd say that would be a life investment,
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by kazey(m): 5:29pm On May 27, 2006
Investment into real estate for[b] rent[/b] in Nigeria, is not a good idea and it takes an average of 10years + to get an ROI. Rather he should buy a 1.2 million house renovate with 800k and sell it off for 3 million or so.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by Seun(m): 7:52pm On May 27, 2006
Investment into real estate for rent in Nigeria, is not a good idea and it takes an average of 10 years
That it takes 10 years to get full returns, even if true, is not a big deal:
- If you are a long term investor, you won't mind the steady income for life.
- If you are a short term investor, you can sell it to someone else who would use it for rent,
- Or you can demand advanced payment of 5-10 years from each tenant!
Regardless of which category you fall into, build the house first and then you can decide whether to sell.

One major problem with building construction in Nigeria is inflation. You may think your building will cost 2 million, but by the time you complete it (if you're not cutting corners) the costs might be running into five million naira!
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by avocat(m): 8:02pm On May 27, 2006
1. you can never go wrong with real estate, i have dabbled into it here and there. two reasons (A) You get rental income, (B) the value of you property will always go up on the long run. Use financing to stretch your money or mortgage

2, stock market

3, bond

4. divide the money into two- leave half in stocks and trade with the rest
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by kazey(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2006
Seun:

That it takes 10 years to get full returns, even if true, is not a big deal:
- If you are a long term investor, you won't mind the steady income for life.

A long time smart investor, would never inject his own cash into a venture that would take about 10years to break even.

Seun:

by the time you complete it (if you're not cutting corners) the costs might be running into five million naira!

Nigerian economy is not that bad yet smiley
Seun:

Or you can demand advanced payment of 5-10 years from each tenant!

And why would someone want to pay that?

avocat:

1. you can never go wrong with real estate, i have dabbled into it here and there. two reasons (A) You get rental income, (B) the value of you property will always go up on the long run. Use financing to stretch your money or mortgage.

When we talk about investment, we tend to sometimes forget the opportunity cost for the amount been injected. And yes you can go wrong with real estate, ask Donald Trump smiley. But the idea of implementing a mortgage concept would be able to make it more feasible. Anywayz, I am yet to see a Nigerian that is very successful through using the "Invest in Real Estate for RENT" concept in Nigeria.

Or do you know someone?
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by IAH(f): 8:10pm On May 27, 2006
Seun:

- Or you can demand advanced payment of 5-10 years from each tenant!

Thief! grin

Seun:

Regardless of which category you fall into, build the house first and then you can decide whether to sell.

One major problem with building construction in Nigeria is inflation. You may think your building will cost 2 million, but by the time you complete it (if you're not cutting corners) the costs might be running into five million naira!

Why not buy the house straightaway instead of building?

Sewa, In case you are going to build a house, consider looking at some higher institutions and build it in form of a hostel. Tiny rooms go for real high prices in most schools. Infact some landlords chase out their 'non-student' tenants to accommodate students. Hostel business is lucrative. kiss
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by kazey(m): 8:19pm On May 27, 2006
IAH:

Sewa, In case you are going to build a house, consider looking at some higher institutions and build it in form of a hostel. Tiny rooms go for real high prices in most schools. Infact some landlords chase out their 'non-student' tenants to accommodate students. Hostel business is lucrative. kiss

Hostels could even be worse in a Nigerian scenario. Who would rent your hostels during strikes and holidays? What happens to the income during that duration? Or students still rent during holidays? I really don't know,

Besides how much more can students pay, in comparison to people with jobs? Or are we talking about low cost hostel blocks?
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by IAH(f): 8:32pm On May 27, 2006
kazey:

Hostels could even be worse in a Nigerian scenario. Who would rent your hostels during strikes and holidays? What happens to the income during that duration? Or students still rent during holidays? I really don't know,

Besides how much more can students pay, in comparison to people with jobs?

It is best in a Nigerian scenario.smiley The income you make during the time they are in session is enough to cover the holiday period. And by the way, most of the hostels actually charge per session, so when they are on strike that does not concern the landlord. He has collected his money since the beginning of the session.

kazey:

Besides how much more can students pay, in comparison to people with jobs?

They can pay thrice more. Go to LAUTECH, Iree Poly, etc. All those schools without hostels on campus. They practically hustle for rooms in town. For example, A whole 3-bedroom flat that you would have rented out to a single family for say 20,000 per month. You divide the single flat into 3 rooms for the students and collect 15,000 from each room occupant . You see? Some greedy landlord even bring double-decker beds into the rooms so that there can be more than 1 person in each room.

I'm talking from experience. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by kazey(m): 8:44pm On May 27, 2006
IAH:

It is best in a Nigerian scenario.smiley

Still the ROI takes too long, not really lucrative, from my own perspective and business sense. A reasonable ROI rate for a self financed investment should be about 2-5 years, not more than that. Most Nigerian real estate investments for rent takes about 10years+ or even 20years+ wink

IAH:

They can pay triple times more. Go to LAUTECH, Iree Poly, etc. All those schools without hostels on campus. They practically hustle for rooms in town.

Scarcity can be a determinant to an investment opportunity, but should not be a constant reliable factor, in ROI calculation. You can't use the demand of today for a long time investment plan, you have to always accomodate to the possibility that the scarcity would be fullfilled in no time smiley, since it is a visible opportunity, hence your forcasted return would be affected along the line.

Nevertheless, I don't think the returns is something to strive for. Rather I would prefer the mortgage or buy-renovate-sell concept of real estate investment.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by kazey(m): 8:54pm On May 27, 2006
One thing I would like to add, IF the investment is based from LOANED MONEY, and you can be able to service your loan for the duration and be able to pay back, minus earning a reasonable profit (income) monthly in 10 years. Then it is a very lucrative investment.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by IAH(f): 8:59pm On May 27, 2006
kazey:

Still the ROI takes too long, not really lucrative, from my own perspective and business sense. A reasonable ROI rate for a self financed investment should be about 2-5 years, not more than that. Most Nigerian real estate investments for rent takes about 10years+ or even 20years+ wink

Just say you are mostly interested in Short-term investments. cheesy That's what your buy-renovate-sell concept means. Quick, quick ROI served piping hot! cheesy

kazey:

Scarcity can be a determinant to an investment opportunity, but should not be a constant reliable factor, in ROI calculation. You can't use the demand of today for a long time investment plan, you have to always accomodate to the possibility that the scarcity would be fullfilled in no time smiley, since it is a visible opportunity, hence your forcasted return would be affected along the line.

Nevertheless, I don't think the returns is something to strive for. Rather I would prefer the mortgage or buy-renovate-sell concept of real estate investment.

Yes, the scarcity might be fulfilled but not easily like that. Building houses is not exactly pure-water. I don't think it's something people can rush into because of capital. Then by the time the scarcity is fulfilled, you would have made enough returns and you can always sell off the building, which would have appreciated in value.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by kazey(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2006
IAH:

Just say you are mostly interested in Short-term investments. cheesy That's what your buy-renovate-sell concept means. Quick, quick ROI served piping hot! cheesy

I am a businessman, and 2-5 years is not a short duration for me to get the amount I invested back in hand. The primary idea of investment is profit. 1 year is quick, 6 month is, but not 2 years or 3 years or even 5 years.

But 10years or 20years considering the possible risk of fire, distruction of assett, damages etc is a very long time. Such a venture is not something I am interested in investing in. smiley
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by rotbog(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2006
@KAZEY.
I LOVE ALL YOUR SUBMISSIONS SO FAR. PLS CAN U CADIDLY LIST THE BEST BIZ TO GO INTO WITH >500,000NGN?. I MEAN WHERE WOULD YOU PUT YOUR OWN MONEY?

THANX.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by bolaoni(m): 11:19am On Jun 08, 2006
Why don't you jus invest in a viable Internet business. You don't even need up to #100, 000 if you will be running it from home.

There are 1001 things to do online even at the comfort of your home.

#Web Hosting

#Selling Online

#Google Adwords

#Network marketing

#Resale Rights Marketing et al

All these businesses are thriving and you don't need to break the bank to get into them.

All you need though is an education! You won't make a dime online if you are not willing to get the education.

I remember in 2003 when I lost as much as 140k by just investing in online businesses when i don't even understand a jack and all because i read Tuesday Guardina and seeing an headline screaming: "YOU CAN MAKE $5000 EVERY WEEK ONLINE!"

I got wiser afterwards and decided to learn how instead of putting my money into someone's hands.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by beyonce1(f): 4:52am On Jun 17, 2006
bolaoni:

Why don't you jus invest in a viable Internet business. You don't even need up to #100, 000 if you will be running it from home.

There are 1001 things to do online even at the comfort of your home.

#Web Hosting

#Selling Online

#Google Adwords

#Network marketing

#Resale Rights Marketing et al

All these businesses are thriving and you don't need to break the bank to get into them.

All you need though is an education! You won't make a dime online if you are not willing to get the education.

I remember in 2003 when I lost as much as 140k by just investing in online businesses when i don't even understand a jack and all because i read Tuesday Guardina and seeing an headline screaming: "YOU CAN MAKE $5000 EVERY WEEK ONLINE!"

I got wiser afterwards and decided to learn how instead of putting my money into someone's hands.

@BOLAONI

Please shed more light on this, it would be helpful. what sort of education will I need ? I have been an accountant for over 6yrs now and I am now just sick and tired of managing other people's money. I don't mind studying for any course connected to constantly being online. I am obsessed with surfing ! but honestly speaking pls break this 'list' of yours down for a networking 'DUMMY' like me ! PLS DO HELP ! A.S.A.P !
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by bolaoni(m): 1:04pm On Jun 19, 2006
Beyunce,

I have your email addy, will send you a comprehensive email to let you know everything you have asked for.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by kazey(m): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2006
rotbog:

PLS CAN U CADIDLY LIST THE BEST BIZ TO GO INTO WITH >500,000NGN?. I MEAN WHERE WOULD YOU PUT YOUR OWN MONEY?

When we talk generally about management of funds in regards to investment, this is a very critical aspect of the whole process of entrepreneurship, because it ends with generally two result, either you make profit (be successful) or you lose your entire investment, there is nothing like just being ok, because breaking even is within the margin of profit. Now to earn that certain profit in regards to being successful in any particular idea you get involved in, you really need to be ready for the effects, every idea is risky. There is no perfect business or venture.

As I said to a friend before, Entrepreneurship is a religion that you have to embrace, its not about just following the standards or guides or even becoming a professor in reading Entrepreneurship 101. It’s far more than that. It requires faith, believe besides patience and experience. It’s not a one day process, it takes years of trial and error to master.

Now what I am exactly saying is, if I recommend an idea to you now, that doesn’t mean you would strive in it. Ideas or business concepts are very vague. They do not guide you into achieving a particular success; rather they give you an opportunity to play with your money. The question is, are you ready to play with your money?

If you are not ready, then you should leave your money at the bank, its safer that way.

You must be ready to embrace that religion Entrepreneurship, and that means the idea would have to be built from within you, that is "How about offering to sell yourself?", Crazy as it may sound, the fact is, the moment you are able to achieve convincing people to buy you as an asset, then you have embraced and took the pledge in the religion Entrepreneurship.

So the question is, are you ready to sell yourself?
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by bolaoni(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2006
Kazey,

I'm wondering why there is no emoticon for a STANDING OVATION, i would have given you 100s of it cheesy

This post is really LOVELY and straight to the point. There are so many people that want to copy success but can't afford to pass through all the difficulties involved.

NOTHING GOOD EVER COMES EASY!
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by Seun(m): 6:01am On Jun 20, 2006
the moment you are able to achieve convincing people to buy you as an asset, then you have embraced and took the pledge in the religion Entrepreneurship.
This is so wrong. Entrepreneurship is not about selling yourself, its about selling a product or a service. Those in the business of selling themselves are career people, not entrepreneurs. You may hate me, but as long as you still like my forum (product), I will continue to make money through you. That's part of what it means to be an entrepreneur.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by kazey(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2006
When I say "Sell yourself", I am not directly meaning you go and display yourself in the market and put a price-tag on your body. What I was infact saying was in regards to the pre-requisites, in the ability to develop something that could win patronage, selling your concepts, models, ideas?

In the realms of a career person, he is not selling himself because, if I were to apply that in that relativity that means I am inferring that anybody that works is a slave to his employer, which is not true in any regards. Slaves don't get paid for their activities or services !!

So in my explanation I was not saying that Selling yourself, means you should turn into a slave. I hope that is clarified.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by anton(m): 3:16am On Jun 28, 2006
I would suggest forgetting about finding someway to invest it by the end of june. You are going to need time to study and develop your investment strategy.

As far as financial investings, i would suggest trading us stock options and the foreign exchange. The time factor becomes an issu because if you really want to maximize your profits then you need to develop yourself to be a trader and handle your own business.

You can also think about using a portion of your capital to get a foreign exchange managed account where professional traders take care of your accounts. You can email me for those links.

I would then suggest you find some nigerian youths to invest in who are already on the road and at least working to become successful. Really, that is one of the most important things you can invest in.

I hear the little fast food joints in naija are kinda popular. Have you thought about buying one of them?

There is plenty that you can do to not only get a profit but invest in your community and nation. You just have to think about it and move in that direction.
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by Garuba(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2006
Invest the money in me lol. I have a very good ROI. U can give me the money in the form of a scholarship, since thats investing in education. grin
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by mondraim: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2006
Beyunce,

I have your email addy, will send you a comprehensive email to let you know everything you have asked for.

Hey i love your discourse here, pls you can send to me as well- oparandu_chukwuma@yahoo.com
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by bolaoni(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2006
mondraim,

I will get in touch with you, but we may not do anything for now. I'm still working with Beyonce, so class don full cool

But be sure I will help out. kiss
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by charlesn(m): 11:57am On Jul 03, 2006
Sewa and Bolaoni i hope you guys are very serious about this investment plans of yours? I am asking because i am presently working on a business project(entertainment business) that will generate millions within the next twelve months. The project is about taking off and what we need now is funds. If you are interested we can be partners. My contacts are 08036672045 and my e-mail address is dakcee@yahoo.co.uk
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by bolaoni(m): 10:23am On Jul 04, 2006
Bros,

I didn't say I have any money to invest o. My be you should get in touch with Sewa. wink
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by Laptopsell(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2007
you can start real estate business. it is very lucrartive
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by Ciaman: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2007
Let me be honest with you bros , you betcha invest that money in trading stock. Its a lucrative job and if well invested, you can make 100% returns on the money in a year. The challenges of this job is that you need information and need to be trained, Good luck
Re: What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? by abocana: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2007
How can someone start real estates with 2million naira? i don't think some people are making sense here.

I believe if u don't have a better contribution,it rather not say anything that might confuse readers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Dollar To Naira Daily For Those That Are Traveling / How You Can Make 3-6k Daily On Social Media As A Side Hustle. / How You Can Earn $1000 In 2 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.