Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40254 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
It is laughable for Prof. Wole Soyinka; a well-respected Statesman to demystify the grandeur of his personality on the basis of “standing on the side of truth” one too many times, on utterly whimsical state of affairs in Rivers state.

It is astonishing that such a man with seeming repute for knowledge and wisdom in socio-political affairs of Nigeria can no longer differentiate between personal attacks and elderly advice to our nation state.

Personal attacks in the sense that in a fray where Patience seems to be one of too many male players in the Rivers state crisis, Prof. Soyinka singled out the first lady to trash. Amaechi, who ordered the violent maiming of another Honourable member is yet berated by our selective elder statesman “Wole Soyinka”.

More so, as an elder statesman, his advice should have played a key role towards uniting warring factions than dividing Nigerians who may or may not have qualms with the utterances of the “Mad Old Professor -MOP” (Tweet by Dictator’s Daughter,July, 2013). Without remorse, the MOP went ahead to reiterate his earlier statement which brought about criticism of his perceived chauvinistic statement against the Girl Child and the Nigerian Woman.

In the MOP’s own words “People said I call her a domestic appendage, what’s the problem with that? What’s the problem with Madam Shepopotamus? The questions yet unanswered are: Who were Wole Soyinka’s wives? What were their experience as wives and mothers whilst being a domestic appendage to the MOP. Why do they all share a common history of being married and divorced to the “Mad Old Professor”?

The deliberate attempt by the MOP to do the cleaning of dirty politics played through his demeaning conjectural use of words against the first lady is very unbecoming of statesman. Indeed, the fickleness is worrisome. In an already divided entity such as ours, where ethnicity, religion and regions play a huge role in our political views, the MOP has added a new twist of sexism and thoughtless fancy utterances in order to satisfy his benefactors.

In my opinion, his lend voice so far, has been more entertaining than making any positive impact on the society. The correlation between the first lady’s actions and her physical attributes are two different issues but in the quest for buzzy headlines and less about being a father to warring factions, the MOP has demonstrated that he cannot be taken more seriously than the words associated to him. It takes a He-popotamus to know a She-popotamus.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
He certainly does not look normal

47 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by kingbang: 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ole Soyinka needs a job. The person is bored and broke as hell.

17 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Olaolufred(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: He certainly does not look normal

I love this Hero.

Remember seeing him in MMA departure in 2009.

Epitome of wisdom. One of the best Nigeria ever had.

He is actually super-normal.

Except that your reasoning is too low to catch up.

No problem, that is why you see pupils taking last in a classroom.

We are not evenly endowed. Soyinka is far beyond your reasoning level.

Sorry o, but truth told already.

254 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
Olaolufred:

I love this Hero.

Remember seeing him in MMA departure in 2009.

Epitome of wisdom. One of the best Nigeria ever had.

He is actually super-normal.

Except that your reasoning is too low to catch up.

No problem, that is why you see pupils taking last in a classroom.

We are not evenly endowed. Soyinka is far beyond your reasoning level.

Sorry o, but truth told already.
Certainly he does represent something to some people. Hitler still have followers today. Idi-amin has admirers till date just as shepopotamus has people who thinks she is their Jesus Christ on earth. The point here is as a statesman, judging from his age, all he needed do was to speak to reasons if he must contribute. For the sake of argument, Obama guided his utterances in tryvon martins killer no guilty judgement. Nonetheless, everybody knew how passionate he was about the dead boy. So what can you say about Wole Soyinka AKA MOP?

103 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
if in your definition a person like wole is mad then I wanna forever be a looney. but the manatees and shepopotami you worship can't even measure up to his shoelace in all ramifications. when the south western folks enter this thread hope you will be able to stand the heat in the kitchen.

54 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12: if in your definition a person like wole is mad then I wanna forever be a looney. but the manatees and shepopotami you worship can't even measure up to his shoelace in all ramifications. when the south western folks enter this thread hope you will be able to stand the heat in the kitchen.

My brother, your tin god has gone senile. Just as the truth about patience's literacy level is bitter to her followers, you must agree that your tin god has lost it. A wise man speaks but few words.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:
Certainly he does represent something to some people. Hitler still have followers today. Indamin has admirers till date just as shepopotamus has people who thinks she is their Jesus Christ on earth. The point here is as a statesman, judging from his age, all he needed do was to speak to reasons if he must contribute. For the sake of argument, Obama guided is utterances in tryvon martins killer no guilty judgement. Nonetheless, everybody knew how passionate he was about the dead boy. So what can you say about Wole Soyinka AKA MOP?

when soyinka spoke against buhari y'all called him Jesus now when he is coming hard on your deity he is deranged. fyi wole won't stop talking till shepopotamus learn to be a lady before being a first lady. get a copy of and the man die and know the person you guys are dealing with he has been fighting oppression and injustice when you were still a spermatozoa.

136 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:
Certainly he does represent something to some people. Hitler still have followers today. Indamin has admirers till date just as shepopotamus has people who thinks she is their Jesus Christ on earth. The point here is as a statesman, judging from his age, all he needed do was to speak to reasons if he must contribute. For the sake of argument, Obama guided his utterances in tryvon martins killer no guilty judgement. Nonetheless, everybody knew how passionate he was about the dead boy. So what can you say about Wole Soyinka AKA MOP?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by PointB: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Let's look at it this way. How many times have Patience Ebele Jonathan - the victim of these unprovoked attacks- responded to Wole Soyinka ungentlemanly, immature, chauvinistic derision? Just once - in a mild press release to express her displeasure at Wole Soyinka's diatribe.

Subsequently, Wole Soyinka has called her 'illiterate', 'mammy wata, hippopotami.' and now 'shepopotamus'? Looks to me like the almighty WS is raring for a fight with a 'mere domestic appendage.' Incidentally, PEJ has borne all these vitriolic attacks calmly without uttering another word to Soyinka.

Women (forgive me if I sound a bit like Soyinka's but I mean no disrespect) are known to be more chatty/loquacious in comparison to men. Now the question I begin to ask myself is this: between Soyinka and PEJ who is more mature? Who really is the man here? The angry and loquacious Soyinka or the patient Patience? But with men like like Wole Soyinka, I bet indeed some mothers do have 'em!

I hope Patience continues to keep a dignified silence, in the face of this continued provocation. Shame that Soyinka's stock is falling - with every myopic outburst of his!

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:

when soyinka spoke against buhari y'all called him Jesus now when he is coming hard on your deity he is deranged. fyi wole won't stop talking till shepopotamus learn to be a lady before being a first lady. get a copy of and the man die and know the person you guys are dealing with he has been fighting oppression and injustice when you were still a spermatozoa.

Na sperm thins u wan enter now abi? So define injustice and patience action here and tell me who is fighting what? Who demolished shepopotamus's village? Who forcefully removed an elected local government chairman? What injustice is MOP fighting?

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:

My brother, your tin god has gone senile. Just as the truth about patience's literacy level is bitter to her followers, you must agree that your tin god has lost it. A wise man speaks but few words.

the same thing gowon and his cohorts said when he went to ojukwu to negotiate the ending of the biafra war. same thing the green boys were humming when he was advocating for democracy. the prof has develop a thick skin to power drunken low lifers.

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by seunfly: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
@ Akpomeme i think u sound boring now with ds ur attack on Prof, if it is pej dt employed u to do ds, u have to tell her dt when another power drunk first lady in d name of turai was busy doing samething to her husband, it was prof Soyinka, Bakare and co dt faught like ds 4 her husband. Now she is power drunk and she send u to come and call d same prof mad man.

35 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by seunfly: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
@ Akpomeme i think u sound boring now with ds ur attack on Prof, if it is pej dt employed u to do ds, u have to tell her dt when another power drunk first lady in d name of turai was busy doing samething to her husband, it was prof Soyinka, Bakare and co dt faught like ds 4 her husband. Now she is power drunk and she send u to come and call d same prof mad man. Then i guess pej is d only m*d f**st lady we ever had in Nigeria's history.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
Soyinka aka mad old professor is equally a cultist and grand father etc to seadogs in Nigeria. Check his front page photo with fellow cultists on thisday newspaper today

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
seunfly: @ Akpomeme i think u sound boring now with ds ur attack on Prof, if it is pej dt employed u to do ds, u have to tell her dt when another power drunk first lady in d name of turai was busy doing samething to her husband, it was prof Soyinka, Bakare and co dt faught like ds 4 her husband. Now she is power drund and she send u to come and call d same prof mad man. Then i guess pej is d only m*d f**st lady we ever had in Nigeria's history.

So does baba mad man sound. Boring is good. So far the point is driven.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by fockusexkills: 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:

So does baba mad man sound. Boring is good. So far the point is driven.

When did Professor Shoyinka become a "mad professor"? Was it when he started to fight against Turai in order for Jonathan to become President or when he started to put "shepopotamous" in her place?

25 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
Bleep.u.sexkills:

When did Professor Shoyinka become a "mad professor"? Was it when he started to fight against Turai in order for Jonathan to become President or when he started to put "shepopotamous" in her place?

Go and research senility and how he has carried himself during this last season of Soyinka and the use of words.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
wakaman: Here you are again akpomeme.go and tell it on the mountain how foolish you are.u and your shippotamus aunty are low life,illiterate bombos
I am not on the payroll of shepopotamus as frivolously put by Mad Old Professor, neither is she my Jesus Christ on earth!!!! I am simply appalled by someone I once hold in high regards by how low he has gone to insult another man's wife!!! Insult women! and show poor judgement when he was expected to be a father to all. I am appalled.

We know she is an illiterate. So what? With all your education and Mop combined, how much tenacity have you been able to show towards advancing your need for individual happiness. It is now that mop is trying to fix his children into politics. Mop is an ACN guy we all know, so his views are tainted.

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by fockusexkills: 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:

Go and research senility and how he has carried himself during this last season of Soyinka and the use of words.

Tell me the begining and end of last season. The begining and the end of last season must be when he started to take on Jonathan and shepopotamus.

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Olaolufred(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
IF THE WHOLE WORLD COULD GIVE A MAD MAN DIPLOMATIQUE PASSPORT TO ENTER OR LEAVE ANY COUNTRY AT WILL.
THEN, THE WHOLE WORLD MUST BE MAD( WITH AKPOMEME AS THE HEAD OF THE MAD WORLD).
HOWEVER, YOUR FAMILY RIGHT FROM THE ROOT ARE STILL LIVING IN SQUALOR AND TERRIBLE POVERTY.
THANK GOD YOU ESCAPED TO A CITY WHERE YOU COULD ACCESS ETISALAT FREE DATA.

NOTE: BOTH HE-POPOTAMI AND SHE-POPOTAMUS AND YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION AMMOUNT TO NOTHING IN COMPARISON WITH WOLE.

TAKE CARE.

64 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
Olaolufred: IF THE WHOLE WORLD COULD GIVE A MAD MAN DIPLOMATIQUE PASSPORT TO ENTER OR LEAVE ANY COUNTRY AT WILL.
THEN, THE WHOLE WORLD MUST BE MAD( WITH AKPOMEME AS THE HEAD OF THE MAD WORLD).
HOWEVER, YOUR FAMILY RIGHT FROM THE ROOT ARE STILL LIVING IN SQUALOR AND TERRIBLE POVERTY.
THANK GOD YOU ESCAPED TO A CITY WHERE YOU COULD ACCESS ETISALAT FREE DATA.

NOTE: BOTH HE-POPOTAMI AND SHE-POPOTAMUS AND YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION AMMOUNT TO NOTHING IN COMPARISON WITH WOLE.

TAKE CARE.

Senility comes with age. We will all get there some day. When we eventually become demented just like MOP, kindly have good hands to manage you at that age. His utterances are unguided, thus equates the utterances of a mad man.
See as body dey pepper you but you enjoyed it when you and MOP insulted another man's wife. Chauvinist bitter non entities showing their shallow senses here. grin

21 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by adconline(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:
Certainly he does represent something to some people. Hitler still have followers today. Indamin has admirers till date just as shepopotamus has people who thinks she is their Jesus Christ on earth. The point here is as a statesman, judging from his age, all he needed do was to speak to reasons if he must contribute. For the sake of argument, Obama guided his utterances in tryvon martins killer no guilty judgement. Nonetheless, everybody knew how passionate he was about the dead boy. So what can you say about Wole Soyinka AKA MOP?

Come on! WS's followership compared to Hitler? You must be freaking out of your mind. You have nothing against him cos nobody in your lineage in 1000 years can match up to his status. His responses are above your IQ... You don't even have the guts to challenge your local councillor and you are on NL calling WS names. Show us bravery by taking on a corrupt local official in your area.

29 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:

I don't expect much knowledge nor understanding from you, To even expect you to understand Wole Soyinka is like expecting a Shepopotamus to understand Differential equations

BTW Illiterate, Who is Indamin you wrote above? You now see why Soyinka a Nobel Laureate is mad to you and Sheppo the certified illiterate is Jesus Christ

22 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
adconline:

Come on! WS's followership compared to Hitler? You must be freaking out of your mind. You have nothing against him cos nobody in your lineage in 1000 years can match up to his status. His responses are above your IQ... You don't even have the guts to challenge your local councillor and you are on NL calling WS names. Show us bravery by taking on a corrupt local official in your area.

My brother the Mad Professor is one corrupt person I need to be called out. Did you hear about his exploits in akwa Ibom state and the largess from rivers state. Foul Yansh is yet to blow. You think his words are offered for free? That senile old man is trying to make a living.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
@dayokanu: typos are inevitable in these days of typing with mobile phones and autocorrect. I will give you benefit of doubt that you are aware who that is "indamin- indiamin" and stop being sarcastic like your mop.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: @dayokanu: typos are inevitable in these days of typing with mobile phones and autocorrect. I will give you benefit of doubt that you are aware who that is "indamin- indiamin" and stop being sarcastic like your mop.

Strike two

You keep proving you are just another illiterate like the Shepopo

Again I would ask who is "indamin- indiamin"?

Why are you people so thick, uneducated and ignorant?

47 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Road Network In Osun (Photos) / Atiku Heads For London In Last-Ditch Effort To Woo Wike / Justice Salami: I Regret Heading Buhari’s Panel Probing Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.