Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Nigerian Lawmakers Top World Salary Chart! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Lawmakers Top World Salary Chart! (528 Views)

Nigerian Lawmakers Increases MTN Fine To $15.6 Billion / INVESTIGATION: How Ekweremadu, Other Nigerian Lawmakers ‘pocketed’ N8 Billion In / A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lawmakers Top World Salary Chart! by Jerryjat(m): 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
Nigerian Lawmakers Top World Salary Chart*

...Higher Than MPs in US, UK, S/Africa, Brazil, Japan...

A Nigerian legislator receives an annual salary of about $189,000, equivalent of N30 million, which is 116 times the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) per person, says the publication which was posted on the magazine’s website on Friday.

The figures put salaries collected by Nigerian senators and members of the House of Representatives way ahead of those received by fellow parliamentarians in the 29 countries whose data was analysed by the Economist....

While the salary of a Nigerian lawmaker is 116 times the country’s GDP per person, that of a British member of parliament is just 2.7 times.

...only Australian lawmakers, with $201,200 annual salary, receive higher amounts compared to Nigerian legislators, but their salaries are only 3 times their country’s GDP per person.

*What is your take on this?
*Is the lawmaker's earning justified given ‪Nigeria‬'s economic situation?
*Should this amount be reviewed?
*What do you think is the Way forward...?

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Top World Salary Chart! by BrokenTV: 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
Nigeria is doomed that's my take.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Top World Salary Chart! by Jerryjat(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
Broken TV: Nigeria is doomed that's my take.

And how do you think We could gain Redemption?...
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Top World Salary Chart! by NavierStokes(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
30 millionp/a, I don't get, is the figure for councillors or state house of assembly members, because I think that will be insulting our national assembly members IMHO

(1) (Reply)

Don Norman Obinna: Life’s Greatest Mistake / From The Mouths Of Babes / Boko Haram Will Die If OBJ, IBB, Others Can Advise Jonathan--anenih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.