Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,744 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! (37191 Views)

HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by jpphilips(m): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2013
at 32, you no longer qualify for any trainee position.
will you foot the bills of your second missionary journey?
have you considered professional technical certifications?
with what you have already, you have qualified for NACE already, let alone other practical corrosion control opportunities.

i think you are a very big ignorant dude. your lack of knowledge is fuelling a disgruntled desire thinking that time waits for you.

like you said, your o level foundation was poor and same applies to the foundation of your commonsense.

the amount of money you have wasted in your academic sojourn is enough to make you in life.

like i said, you are just a big fool with an empty head, why did you wanna start with o level?

you should consider going back for a first school leaver's certiticate, elementary school to say the least.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Vado(m): 10:18am On Jul 23, 2013
This man gat an excessive amount of time on his hand smh. Chasing all these vain earthly shiits just to boost your ego. By the time it dawn on you years after, you'd realise how empty the life you lived was.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Ajasnoop: 10:22am On Jul 23, 2013
Jarus: Dear Jarus.

I came across your write-up online and for me you are God-sent, a blessing to our generation. I am 32 years old and a graduate of engineering (metallurgical and material engineering). I was able to make a 2-2. But my brother, I decided not to look for white collar job because I don’t want to keep lying to myself. Although I made 2-2 through hard work, I must confess I obtained that through cramming. My problem was poor fundation(o level).

Now I want to fully go into private business (livestock farming and exportation of agro commodities). I have 2 plots of land and 5 million for this business.But I still don’t feel satisfied without good and sound education. My plan is to go back and start from O’ level while I am doing my business.

My plan goes thus:

O’level (2 years)

1st degree in finance (4 years)

While pursuing my first degree, I plan to write ICAN too

Then, CFA (3 years)

Then, MBA in Finance (2 years)

Finally, PhD in Finance (4 years) – this one may not be in Nigeria.

Please, I want you and wonderful team to advice me. Is it going to be waste of time and resources? Is it going to add value to my life as a business man? Is it going to help me to become a financial expert and an investment expert? And maybe going into part-time lecturing in the future.

My brother I need urgent advise and please don’t publish my details.

Thank you and God bless.

N.L.C

What do you guys think?

Here is what my team have advised: http://www.jarushub.com/after-my-2-2-i-want-to-start-all-over-again-from-olevel/

You have to first stop smoking that thing that you are smoking.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by jayR17(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2013
shocked..nawa oo,na so sm ppl lk skul reach
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Dubemkelly(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2013
I refuse 2 waste time,time waits 4 nobody....U wanna waste anoda 15yrs on education? Guy,u hv gat an ample time 2 waste, moving 4wrd is d main time ,no time 2 waste time
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by ojabel(m): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2013
@OP you are confused.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by tosine25: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2013
jp philips: at 32, you no longer qualify for any trainee position.
with what you have already, you have qualified for NACE already, let alone other practical corrosion control opportunities.

i think you are a very big ignorant dude. your lack of knowledge is fuelling a disgruntled desire thinking that time waits for you.

like you said, your o level foundation was poor and same applies to the foundation of your commonsense.

the amount of money you have wasted in your academic sojourn is enough to make you in life.

like i said, you are just a big fool with an empty head, why did you wanna start with o level?

you should consider going back for a first school leaver's certiticate, elementary school to say the least.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by tosine25: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2013

I felt bad anytime I come across dumbass, good for nothing, end road, vision super, ladder fallen, rough talker like you. Must you abuse the guy before you advice him ? That's if you even have any +ve thing to say.

The writer seems confused and all he needs is + advise and not you to define him with dos word. Mr Man, Learn to use your tongue positively or u keep quite. For him to post this on a forum, your minus 0. 01 IQ ought to tell you he needs people to talk positively into is mind for him to know what to do which is what this forum is all about, helping each oda. A good mentor

So if you are to be his mentor now the next thing for the guy to do is just to go and hang himself all in da name of u trying to carry him

you a FOOL for using such word for the writer who seeks advice. Nonsense!
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by prince2blinks(m): 11:55am On Jul 23, 2013
Ma guy u funny o 2.2 wit 5million wetin u wan still go find 4 school dats greediness in d highest order.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by HoldenCaulfield(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2013
how did you get that 5million naira for god's sake
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Cultured(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
@OP

The worst thing anyone who's sound in mind will ever do is living on others opinion , because the moment you started doing so consider yourself a failure and dead . Also , living life based on belief and fantasies will fail you on the long run, but living based on reason/realities will make you a winner anytime any day . If you are wise , surely you will decipher my advice , so also will anyone with mature mind and higher IQ . Wishing you all the best in your endeavors .

4 Likes

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by NgoSomto: 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
Does anyone know if NNPC has started inviting or processing those who applied during late December 2012 job announcement?
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by festusb: 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
You are already a graduate,why not go for ur Master in FINANCE instead of going back.

I came across your write-up online and for me you are God-sent, a blessing to our generation. I am 32 years old and a graduate of engineering (metallurgical and material engineering). I was able to make a 2-2. But my brother, I decided not to look for white collar job because I don’t want to keep lying to myself. Although I made 2-2 through hard work, I must confess I obtained that through cramming. My problem was poor fundation(o level).

Now I want to fully go into private business (livestock farming and exportation of agro commodities). I have 2 plots of land and 5 million for this business.But I still don’t feel satisfied without good and sound education. My plan is to go back and start from O’ level while I am doing my business.

My plan goes thus:

O’level (2 years)

Then, CFA (3 years)

Please, I want you and wonderful team to advice me. Is it going to be waste of time and resources? Is it going to add value to my life as a business man? Is it going to help me to become a financial expert and an investment expert? And maybe going into part-time lecturing in the future.

Thank you and God bless.

N.L.C

What do you guys think?

Here is what my team have advised: http://www.jarushub.com/after-my-2-2-i-want-to-start-all-over-again-from-olevel/
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by festusb: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
You are already a graduate,why not go for your Master in FINANCE instead of going back.

My plan goes thus:

O’level (2 years)

Then, CFA (3 years)

Thank you and God bless.

N.L.C

What do you guys think?

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Skmoda360(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Is that 2.2 out of 5.0? shocked shocked shocked
You sick ni
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Skmoda360(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
deejay_harry1: over my dead body say i enter university again for b.sc... if i manage commot with 2.1 or 2.2 in any department
Walai, that place sucks........you go dey read like tmao no dey,
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by chucky234(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
There is no better signs of a confused and visionless man than what you have just exhibited
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by tallfish145(m): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
32+13 yrs
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2013

That was harsh, JP.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Skmoda360(m): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Sike: Somebody tell this MAN to please give me that N5M and quickly pursue his new found career. I swear I'll keep praying for him till i R. I. P.
Na that kin amount of money I need to start ma dream plan.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by rhames(m): 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
Entrepreneurship education is what you need not another worthless paper called a degree.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Danieltskaa: 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
Guy dis is a gud advise abeg
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by ControG(m): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
don't waste ur time...if you don't feel satisfied with ur Bsc ENG..U could correct dat by doing an Msc program in dis same field..some private Univerisities in Nigeria accepts 2:2 for Msc..1 step 4ward and 10 steps backward is no progress
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Danieltskaa: 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
It seems Texas is damned confused abt dis whole jargon of 2.2, 2.1 etc
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by free2ryhme: 1:28am On Jul 24, 2013

My plan goes thus:

O’level (2 years)

Then, CFA (3 years)

Thank you and God bless.

N.L.C

What do you guys think?

U have a spiritual problem ...
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by nelklyn(m): 1:29am On Jul 24, 2013
Wow! Here I am thinking I made a huge mistake spending 5 yrs in a Higher Institution with outdated lecturers which would have turned out better if I just stayed at home with my laptop and my internet carrying out research, studying and practicing, and someone else is eager to go back for more.
Good luck with that!
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 5:34am On Jul 24, 2013
Na book dey worry u
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by calaharry: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
MY BROTHER, I APPLAUD YOU OPENESS, DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO FIND FULFILLMENT IN LIFE because NO BODY IS GOING TO GIVE IT TO YOU EXCEPT YOU. REMEMBER THERE IS NO END TO LEARNING, AND QUEST FOR VALUE-ADDING KNOWLEDGE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY AND ACCOMPLISHED IS A JOURNEY. IN USA AND EUROPE SOCIETY PEOPLE HAVE TWO TO FIVE DEGREES, AND THEY ARE STILL LEARNING. PPL HERE ARE TOO LAZY TO EXPLORE MORE KNOWLEDGE THAT IS WHY LIFE HERE IS STILL LIKE BEING IN STONEage unless you try to extricate yourself mentally from it. Enjoy your expedition.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by calaharry: 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
calaharry: MY BROTHER, I APPLAUD YOU OPENESS, DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO FIND FULFILLMENT IN LIFE because NO BODY IS GOING TO GIVE IT TO YOU EXCEPT YOU. REMEMBER THERE IS NO END TO LEARNING, AND QUEST FOR VALUE-ADDING KNOWLEDGE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY AND ACCOMPLISHED IS A JOURNEY. IN USA AND EUROPE SOCIETY PEOPLE HAVE TWO TO FIVE DEGREES, AND THEY ARE STILL LEARNING. PPL HERE ARE TOO LAZY TO EXPLORE MORE KNOWLEDGE THAT IS WHY LIFE HERE IS STILL LIKE BEING IN STONEage unless you try to extricate yourself mentally from it. Enjoy your expedition.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Mustay(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
Cultured: @OP

The worst thing anyone who's sound in mind will ever do is living on others opinion , because the moment you started doing so consider yourself a failure and dead . Also , living life based on belief and fantasies will fail you on the long run, but living based on reason/realities will make you a winner anytime any day . If you are wise , surely you will decipher my advice , so also will anyone with mature mind and higher IQ . Wishing you all the best in your endeavors .

I don't quote posts unnecessarily so as not to derail a thread but this one here is TOUCHÉ cool
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by calaharry: 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
Fellas,this bro owned up that he crammed all his courses to get engineering degree 2.2 and obviously not feeling fulfilled abt it, which is why he seeks candid advice on this forum. He needs to be understood and not bombarding him with random sarcasm and conflicting remarks. He is d kind of transparent ppl we need to put this nation right, so dt tmorrow you don't cry wolf that square pegs are occupying round holes in govt positions. Those dt do not get him right should rather not comment to confuse d situation e.g I am a Chartered Accountant, even with psychology degree, yet am presently undergoing Advanced professional training in automobile engineering even going for degree afterwards. Knowledge is dynamic any day. It is all gd if u can afford it believe it or not.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by calaharry: 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
calaharry: Fellas,this bro owned up that he crammed all his courses to get engineering degree 2.2 and obviously not feeling fulfilled abt it, which is why he seeks candid advice on this forum. He needs to be understood and not bombarding him with random sarcasm and conflicting remarks. He is d kind of transparent ppl we need to put this nation right, so dt tmorrow you don't cry wolf that square pegs are occupying round holes in govt positions. Those dt do not get him right should rather not comment to confuse d situation e.g I am a Chartered Accountant,even with psychology degree
yet am presently undergoing Advanced professional training in automobile engineering
even going for degree afterwards. Knowledge is dynamic any day it is all abt affording it, believe it or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? / FRSC Officials Safeguard Nigerian-Norwegian Man's Money, Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.