Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? (2519 Views)

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad / Christians,scholars,-what Was The Age Difference Between Jesus Nd John D Baptist / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 2:59am On Jul 23, 2013
i am a christian, and today i was asked this intimidating question by a muslim girl.

I simply answered that Jesus is the son of God. that we have God the father (GOD), God the son (JESUS) and God the Holy spirit (HOLY GHOST) as i learnt from my bible. That they are three in one God!

She laughed and further asked
If they are the same why then did Jesus begged God to take away this cup of suffering, if it is possible (so surprise dat muslims know bible)

As i was thinking for the answer, she asked again.

why do you chrsitians say IN JESUS NAME an after prayer instead of saying IN GOD'S NAME. He asked me wether it is wise to leave the master and be toying with the son who may not have the legitimate authority.

Please, personally i am confused in differentiating Jesus and God.

please i need a real christian who understand this very well to help me out.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Chiefupper: 6:55am On Jul 23, 2013
what your fellow Christians will tell you is that what the son did is exactly what the father will do but if that should be the case why is it that the son do beg the father sometime eg father forgive them because........., why not forgive them by himself since the father will do whatever he did, my brother please take this as a project and seek for the truth, only the truth can set you free, I love Christianity very well and I wants to take it as my religion because of its simplicity but I discovered their is no iota of truth in it and everybody do things based on their understanding(imagine somebody preaching to me that premarital sex is ungodly yet she is ready to be my friend so that I can be giving her money ).so that's why I stitch to Islam the only righteous path

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2013
Chiefupper: what your fellow Christians will tell you is that what the son did is exactly what the father will do but if that should be the case why is it that the son do beg the father sometime eg father forgive them because........., why not forgive them by himself since the father will do whatever he did, my brother please take this as a project and seek for the truth, only the truth can set you free, I love Christianity very well and I wants to take it as my religion because of its simplicity but I discovered their is no iota of truth in it and everybody do things based on their understanding(imagine somebody preaching to me that premarital sex is ungodly yet she is ready to be my friend so that I can be giving her money ).so that's why I stitch to Islam the only righteous path

If i may get you clear in your last statement, you said or rather U mean that you stitch to Islam because your girlfriend refused to have sex with you? What a mentality
Does it mean that Islam encourages fornication?

You said that there is no iota of truth is christianity, i gues the iota of truth you are talking about is a religion which tells its followers that they will inherit and have se.x with 70virgins in heaven after death.

I gues the iota of truth you are talking about is Religion which encourages violence JIHAD & OTHERS. And also encourages child marriage and paedophilism.
I am not surprised because that YERIMA and others so called muslim senators are raising their hands in support of child marriage.
I am not surprise because this issue of child marriage can be traced back to their KORAN.
The popular prophet MOHAMMED demonstrated child marriage by marrying a 5yr old AISHA and taking her in as wife (SLEEPING WITH HER) at the age of nine.
SO WHERE IS THE IOTA OF TRUTH YOU TALK ABOUT?

In summary, i didn't open this thread to be destructively criticised by the muslims, because our faith is not the same.
and saying that there is no iota of truth in christian jux because your girlfriend denied you sex sounds silly.

The reason why i opened this thread is to be strenghtened by my fellow christian.

And before i forget, trying to convert me to Islam is like trying to convert BUHARI to christianity. You can never succeed. I rather become an atheist than being converted to Islam.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Dereformer(m): 9:10am On Jul 23, 2013
There is no difference. Jesus said " I and my father are one"

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2013
Ezegozie:

If i may get you clear in your last statement, you said or rather U mean that you stitch to Islam because your girlfriend refused to have sex with you? What a mentality
Does it mean that Islam encourages fornication?
Infact enh I dey laugh.

Following.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 10:10am On Jul 23, 2013
Dereformer: There is no difference. Jesus said " I and my father are one"

Very good.
Inshort, you have said what most christians including me will say.

But the intimidating question now is

IF THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE,
why did Jesus made these statementS

"FATHER, IF IT IS POSSIBLE, TAKE AWAY THIS CUP OF SUFFERING FROM ME; BUT ALL THE SAME LET YOUR WILL BE DONE"

"FATHER, FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING"

Do the statements sound as if Jesus and God are the same? From that, it can physically be deduced that God is the father and is more powerful, you can not beg someone who is not more powerful to take away your suffering.

Please i need explainations

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2013
Ezegozie: i am a christian, and today i was asked this intimidating question by a muslim girl.

I simply answered that Jesus is the son of God. that we have God the father (GOD), God the son (JESUS) and God the Holy spirit (HOLY GHOST) as i learnt from my bible. That they are three in one God!

She laughed and further asked
If they are the same why then did Jesus begged God to take away this cup of suffering, if it is possible (so surprise dat muslims know bible)

As i was thinking for the answer, she asked again.

why do you chrsitians say IN JESUS NAME an after prayer instead of saying IN GOD'S NAME. He asked me wether it is wise to leave the master and be toying with the son who may not have the legitimate authority.

Please, personally i am confused in differentiating Jesus and God.

please i need a real christian who understand this very well to help me out.

God and Jesus ain't real . Praying in both names wont change anything. As it changed Nigeria?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2013
ifeness:

God and Jesus ain't real . Praying in both names wont change anything. As it changed Nigeria?

Please this thread is mearnt for christians to enlighten and CONVINCE me not for atheists to CONFUSE ME.

May God give you the grace to accept him as your personal Lord and Saviour

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Dereformer(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2013
@ Ezegozie.

Always take the actions and teachings and words of Jesus as God telling us how to live, what to say, and our response to all life situation.

Believe me, Jesus would have said, 'you cup of suffering pass by me' and it would pass. Again Jesus would have said, ' I forgive you for you know not what you do', and they will be forgiven.

Next time a moslem comes up with this argument, remind him/her what happened at the cross. Jesus told one of the two criminals crucified with him, " today shall thou be with me in paradise". Jesus did not say " Father, I want this man to be with me in paradise.

In summary, there are circumstances Jesus asserted his authority as God, and there are circumstances He merely, showed what to say if faced with similar challenges.

Sometime last month I was into some financial difficulties, had malaria and I prayed Father let this cup pass by me however, let your will be done.

Please, how do you copy and paste what others have said before responding?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Dereformer(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2013
I can go on and on. Jesus has on certain occasion forgiven someone's sin without recourse to the father. The pharisees questioned His authority to forgive sin and He proved it to them by healing the guy instantaneously.

Jesus did many things that unquestionably and evidently and beyond doubt proves that He is God.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by PastorOluT(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2013
The first thing u need to know about Jesus when He came to the earth is that He was 100% God n 100% man.

There are times He function only as a man, which are the times He displayed the human weakness to show us perfect example n to be a perfect high priest who is touched by our infirmities. And there are times He exact His authority and acted as a God that He is.

He has the power n can do all things, like Him laying down His life for if He had wanted otherwise He would have but chose not to. Philippians 2 says Being God did not usurp the authority.

Get the picture, Jesus is God n no different or weaker!

Stay blessed n remain rapturable
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 11:53am On Jul 23, 2013
Dereformer: @ Ezegozie.

Always take the actions and teachings and words of Jesus as God telling us how to live, what to say, and our response to all life situation.

Believe me, Jesus would have said, 'you cup of suffering pass by me' and it would pass. Again Jesus would have said, ' I forgive you for you know not what you do', and they will be forgiven.

Next time a moslem comes up with this argument, remind him/her what happened at the cross. Jesus told one of the two criminals crucified with him, " today shall thou be with me in paradise". Jesus did not say " Father, I want this man to be with me in paradise.

In summary, there are circumstances Jesus asserted his authority as God, and there are circumstances He merely, showed what to say if faced with similar challenges.

Sometime last month I was into some financial difficulties, had malaria and I prayed Father let this cup pass by me however, let your will be done.

Please, how do you copy and paste what others have said before responding?

thank you so much. You have answered my question correctly. I have now understood everything.
Now i am rejuvenated for any future question that will come across me.

As of the question you asked about qouting.
Just scrow down to the statement of the person you want to qoute and click on qoute the type your comments and send
you will qoute the person and also make ur statement
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
Pastor Olu T: The first thing u need to know about Jesus when He came to the earth is that He was 100% God n 100% man.

There are times He function only as a man, which are the times He displayed the human weakness to show us perfect example n to be a perfect high priest who is touched by our infirmities. And there are times He exact His authority and acted as a God that He is.

He has the power n can do all things, like Him laying down His life for if He had wanted otherwise He would have but chose not to. Philippians 2 says Being God did not usurp the authority.

Get the picture, Jesus is God n no different or weaker!

Stay blessed n remain rapturable

pastor, thank you for the answer, @tleast i am now made to understand the concept.

Judging from the fact that you are a pastor.Can you please explain the HOLY TRINITY for me. It seems confusing.

The holy trinity is all about
(1) GOD THE FATHER
(2)GOD THE SON
(3)GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT

Please, i need and explaination of this holy trinity.

Does it mean that we have 3 Gods?

If NO, please explain.

I just want to be competent both in practice and in knowledge so that when i marry, i can answer any question my children ask me.

And also i wil answer any question asked by Atheists and Muslims
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Dereformer(m): 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ezegozie:

thank you so much. You have answered my question correctly. I have now understood everything.
Now i am rejuvenated for any future question that will come across me.

As of the question you asked about qouting.
Just scrow down to the statement of the person you want to qoute and click on qoute the type your comments and send
you will qoute the person and also make ur statement

Thanks.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Dereformer(m): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=Ezegozie]

pastor, thank you for the answer, @tleast i am now made to understand the concept.

Judging from the fact that you are a pastor.Can you please explain the HOLY TRINITY for me. It seems confusing.

The holy trinity is all about
(1) GOD THE FATHER
(2)GOD THE SON
(3)GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT

Please, i need and explanation of this holy trinity.

Even though you directed this question to pastor Tolu T., i am going to attempt an answer.

I have a set in my house. In the set you have radio, cd and cassette. None of these can be detached from the set. If you are playing the radio, the set is playing, if you are playing the cd, the set is playing, and if you are playing the cassette, the set is also playing.

Now the question, Do I have 3 sets? Answer is no.

This simple analogy can explain the concept of Trinity but not in its entirety. For me,I take The names Mighty Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit to mean the same personality i.e GOD. And each time i call on any of the names, God comes answering.

These are my views. Other views are welcome.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by PastorOluT(m): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
You are welcome bro,

About the trinity no one can claim to have a perfect knowledge of, but we know enough from the revealed scriptures to believe that there is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. And that this 3 are one, equal and self same God.

Studying the scriptures over the years i have come to believe that this came as a result of the fall of man, it is was not meant to be so. Now when man fell in the garden of Eden, the Godhead decided to take positional role in the redemption of man, thus we have the 3.

It is still the same God taking up the position of the father, Son and HolyGhost with different personalities. sound confusing huh? Yes but that is the way it is for we can not fully comprehend the things of the spirit now, for we know in part.

Saying this does not mean they are not separate entities, 'cos from the scriptures we can see they are. They are separate but still one and equal, and u see their manifestation from Genesis to Revelations.

Adding scriptures to this posts will make it too lengthy, going through the scriptures u will find Jesus and the Holy Ghost assumed God. I enjoined u to do a personal study on that and if u need my help u can buzz me.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Dereformer:

Thanks.
ur welcome.

Can u pls answer the question on holy trinity, while we wait for pastor?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Dereformer(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ezegozie:
ur welcome.

Can u pls answer the question on holy trinity, while we wait for pastor?

Please see above. I didn't quote correctly.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by skylane: 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
God bless u all,the diff btw jesus n God is GoD the father is the almighty and cannot be seen wit d eyes,while jesus iss the physical form of God here on earth,enabling us to see hw God looks lyk,he came back from d old testament as a more passion and loving God this tym trying to draw us closely to himself by been crucified,its still jesus who createdd the world,came wit 2 angels to vist abraham,even the holyspirit is jesus and God,
They are lyk the sun, the round ball as the GOd the father,the. Sun lIght as God the son(Jesus) the heat of the lIght is God the holyspirit which is the power of God and is here on earth,jst as ul say d sun is hot instead of the sunlight is hot, dey are all one,so atleats dis example is okay 4 u if u wnt more read rev 1vs8 it was still jesus introducing himself,pls dnt ague wit anyone jesus is the way truth and light none can go to heaven except acepting christ as the permanent visa thanks God bles s u
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by kimco(m): 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
Jesus did sit at the right hand of God. So yeah, i need better explanations than that. I'm not yet convinced
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
..Hmmm u pple shuld 4get abt dix muslims brotherz.. I knw deep in me ..dat they wil regret eva been a muslim,..,
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
@
skylane,
Dereformer,
and Pastor Olu T.

Thank you so much for your wonderful answers. I am now enlightened and my brain has been exposed by you people answers.

May God bless you people.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Empiree: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
X
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by EatmyShorts: 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
God is Jesus and Jesus is God. Amen

Pastor MarcAnthony
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by kimco(m): 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
Mrniceguyjohn: ..Hmmm u pple shuld 4get abt dix muslims brotherz.. I knw deep in me ..dat they wil regret eva been a muslim,..,
I am a christian and even i know how stupid your post is. U know deep in you? What dafuq is this ''the truth in me''? pls come to the party and help us enlighten ourselves instead of wallowing in ignorance. If u dnt have any interest here jux pack yourself somewhere.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by kimco(m): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
another point- Jesus say he is not good only his father in heaven is good.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
Empiree: @ Ezegozie, you need to do urself a BIG favor by reading Quran' . Islam is clear about Oneness of God. He is One. No incarnate. I don't want to get involve in religious debate anymore. Pastor's responses to you may be soothing to you. But there are fundamental errors in his answers. I'm mobile so I can't quote you many verses from the bible contradicting what pastor said. Muslims can never regret being muslims. We have 100% correct faith. You should ask your pastor that if God the Father is 100% in heaven and 100%a man on earth, who controls the heavens while hes a man on earth?. Did he put it on auto pilot? Many references in the bible claim jesus is not God. He doesn't know everything etc. open your brain and ask learned muslims and compare to what pastor teach you. Yes, bible does have some truth in it because Quran said so. The man who said bible doesn't have iota of truth in it was wrong. Quran makes references to truth revealed in the Gospel for Jesus ( peace be upon him). If you study islam nothing wil stop you from embracing it. Forget about political bias references against islam. The worst and unforgivable sin is to worship something other than One God which you involved in. I

@ Empiree, why are you muslims always hell-bent in trying to convert people (especially christians)to your faith.

I am not saying, that Islam is not good, all i am saying is that I WILL RATHER BECOME AN ATHEIST THAN BEING A MUSLIM.
Trying to convert me to Islam is like trying to convert Buhari to christianity, which means great impossibility. Which of these statements dont you get?

Actually judging from the fact that this question is specifically directed to xtians, i don't expect 2 see Muslims here, let alone those trying to disrupt my faith in Christianity.

According to what you said, "MUSLIMS WILL NEVER REGRET BEING MUSLIMS"
Well, i am not disputing that, but you should also know that

"CHRISTIANS WILL NEVER REGRET BEING CHRISTIANS"

So since you people are so full of your faith (Islam), why not leave us alone to enjoy our own faith(Christianity) ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by kimco(m): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ezegozie:

@ Empiree, why are you muslims always hell-bent in trying to convert people (especially christians)to your faith.

I am not saying, that Islam is not good, all i am saying is that I WILL RATHER BECOME AN ATHEIST THAN BEING A MUSLIM.
Trying to convert me to Islam is like trying to convert Buhari to christianity, which means great impossibility. Which of these statements dont you get?

Actually judging from the fact that this question is specifically directed to xtians, i don't expect 2 see Muslims here, let alone those trying to disrupt my faith in Christianity.

According to what you said, "MUSLIMS WILL NEVER REGRET BEING MUSLIMS"
Well, i am not disputing that, but you should also know that

"CHRISTIANS WILL NEVER REGRET BEING CHRISTIANS"

So since you people are so full of your faith (Islam), why not leave us alone to enjoy our own faith(Christianity) ?

Wow, nice way to diverge from the topic. But ofcos don't let me stop you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Empiree: 3:14am On Jul 24, 2013
X
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
@ Empire.

I have heard u.

But why is ur religion encouraging child marriage? As practised by Mohammed
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Empiree: 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
I
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? by Ezegozie(m): 7:16am On Jul 30, 2013
@ Empire. Its true that this thread is not about childmarriage. And is not also about holy trinity, but i asked the questiion and got an explicit answer.

Back to what u said.
It is not hidden that most muslims marry children. Let me not talk about Yerima (a core muslim) who married a 13yr old child.
Prophet Muhammad (head/founder of muslim), married Aisha when she was just 5yr. And slept with her officially as wife when she was just 9yr old. I am not jux blabbing, this is what you may check online and confirm. So it is not just a cock and bull story.
It is the fact.

So which part of country has a mature 5yr old girl or even 9yr old girl.

But dont worry, if you dont know the reason and can not defend ur faith, then forget it.
Only that it irritates me when someone whose religion has logs of wood in their eyes to try to remove dirt from my eyes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Resurrected Me Yesterday When I Died For About 3 Minutes!!!! / Is Trinity Real / Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.