Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) (1764 Views)

"I Didn't Cheat On My Husband"- 37-yr-old Wife Of 90-yr-old Delta King / Yoruba Is Afroasia - From The Man Who Rewrote Genesis / This Man Has Not Bathed For 37 Years (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by Consultville(m): 5:31am On Jul 23, 2013
t is not an achievement that can readily be savoured by his nearest and dearest.But Kailash Singh has as good a claim as any to the accolade of world's smelliest man - after refusing to wash for more than 37 years.

Mr Singh, 65, has not bathed or cut his 6ft-long dreadlocks since 1974, shortly after he married.Explaining his unconventional decision, Mr Singh claimed a priest guaranteed him a much-prized son and heir if he followed the advice.Despite neighbours joking the sweaty farmer would be lucky persuade his wife to have any children at all, his religious guidance clearly failed - he has seven daughters.

Mr Singh spends his days tending cows in 47C heat, yet the only 'cleansing' he does allow himself is a 'fire bath' each evening, which involves smoking marijuana, praying to the Hindu Lord Shiva and dancing around a bonfire.His long-suffering family admit they did once tried to force him into a stream.'He fought us off and ran away,' said wife Kalavati Devi, 60.

'We've tried several times since to force him to have a shower but he puts up such a fuss.'He says he'd rather die than take a bath and only a son could change his mind.

DAILYMAIL

Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by shakur4luv(m): 5:35am On Jul 23, 2013
1st to comment cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:37am On Jul 23, 2013
He is insane.
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by eightsin(m): 6:05am On Jul 23, 2013
S.W.A.T team to the rescue...
Goes in at night n Cuts the beards and hair.
Runz away for my dear life. grin grin
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 23, 2013
This guy odour fit give person madness
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 6:36am On Jul 23, 2013
End shall never wonder...
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by aijaydiva(f): 6:41am On Jul 23, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy Guiness book of records!!! Wetin una dey wait By the way dont tell me the wife still had s*x with him dat way:| :/
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by 3ace(m): 7:31am On Jul 23, 2013
I'm surprised he's still looking light-skinned. I thought he would have become dark-skinned due to dirt. By the way, how does he go round with those hair and beards? 37 years of dirty, stinky, sticky body! I praise his wife for surviving the torture.
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by seedord247(m): 7:56am On Jul 23, 2013
Why must everything happen in india?
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by dridowu: 8:07am On Jul 23, 2013
Ds man go too smell, true love is anoda mane for his wife. Kudos to d woman
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by Tolexander: 8:27am On Jul 23, 2013
India again!

The man seems to be naturally ablutophobic. The issue of son is just an excuse.
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by tellwisdom: 8:34am On Jul 23, 2013
Lies going round the world sad
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 23, 2013
Dirty old man.
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 23, 2013
This guy is free from infections by microbes..Mosquito wey near will be dead on arrival grin

Does he visit people? Even Ghostbusters won't remove the painstaking odour from the house

The guy odour would be nothing of this world, planets, milky way or universe
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by Linoversace: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2013
3ace: I'm surprised he's still looking light-skinned. I thought he would have become dark-skinned due to dirt. By the way, how does he go round with those hair and beards? 37 years of dirty, stinky, sticky body! I praise his wife for surviving the torture.

The 'fire bath' surely cleansed him one way or another.I'm more interested on a video watching him dance with his dreadlocks and beards.The cow manure wey go dey those dreadlocks and beards no go be ordinary one grin
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by nikkyshyne(f): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2013
Not bath for 37 years? I am pretty sure the rain must have showered him at a point. He looks pretty clean for an old man who hasn't bathed for 37 years.

And is that even possible? He should have been down with some skin infections and the likes. Even his hair should have been infested with all manner of lice, bugs and worms!

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by Henrypraise: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2013
Y do I get d feelin our hindus legislators will pass a bill in favour of not bathing?

For cryin out loud dis man needs d help of Uselu, 7 girls see bride price
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by brixton: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2013
7 beautiful daughters...lol
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by ZN2: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2013
Consultville:

Mr Singh spends his days tending cows in 47C heat, yet the only 'cleansing' he does allow himself is a 'fire bath' each evening, which involves smoking marijuana, praying to the Hindu Lord Shiva and dancing around a bonfire.

That sounds quite intriguing. grin

What a weird fellow, and no, I don't want to imagine the obvious. The stench must be so great that it dissolves the stench itself. undecided
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by DICKtator: 11:11am On Jul 23, 2013
Even shiva would drive him away cos of his stench!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by slimyem: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2013
Ayama.
I can smell the stench through my screen.
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by cremeandchic: 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
obun shio shio
mtscheeew
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by sexymoma(f): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
WTF shocked i doff ma hat for his wife.
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by anonymous6(f): 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
He's nutts, all I feel sorry for is his wife and the people around him
Re: The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mehn, we women are trying o! Imagine what the poor woman had to put up with since 1974!!! lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am The 40th Oba Of Benin Not 39th - Oba Ewuare Ii / Check Out The Ethiopian Women Who Are Flogged In Order To Show Their Love / Margipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.