Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? (2370 Views)

Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? / Ebola Outbreak: Victim Who Sparked Fears Of Global Epidermis Was A US Citizen / The Sea: The Cause Of Global Warming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by dmxqo(m): 12:59am On May 26, 2008
have u heard the world is getting hotter?
the soil barren?
food scarce?
we getting darker?
What do we do ooooooooooooo
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by krama(m): 1:21am On May 26, 2008
I guess you should stop being scared and start doing something about it in your own little way. . .
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by eldee(m): 1:55am On May 26, 2008
krama:

I guess you should stop being scared and start doing something about it in your own little way. . .
In the ideal world, that would be the right thing to do, but apparently, we live in the real world.
Do you know all the recycling and energy saving done by the UK population is not enough to reduce the emissions?
The average UK resident is more energy-concsious than ever before
We use public transport more, recycle more, but what of the airplanes, the proposed new terminal? undecided

As at now, all you need to do is use only one car for ur family
Use things till they're no more usable

Naija uses hydro-electric power, the most renewable source of energy
But we fall short in many other areas
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 1:57am On May 26, 2008
@eldee
you're right.
only if the western world can try to do sth about it, like propose a law or sth
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by LadyT(f): 2:04am On May 26, 2008
4HER abi?

grin
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 2:08am On May 26, 2008
LadyT:

4HER abi?

grin

Have we met b4? grin grin grin tongue
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by eldee(m): 2:15am On May 26, 2008
Nigeria needs to make a move aginst global warming and fast

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 2:16am On May 26, 2008
So sad, this are the recent climate changes:
Since the Industrial Revolution (around 1750), human activities have substantially added to the amount of heat-trapping greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. The burning of fossil fuels and biomass (living matter such as vegetation) has also resulted in emissions of aerosols that absorb and emit heat, and reflect light.

The addition of greenhouse gases and aerosols has changed the composition of the atmosphere. The changes in the atmosphere have likely influenced temperature, precipitation, storms and sea level (IPCC, 2007). However, these features of the climate also vary naturally, so determining what fraction of climate changes are due to natural variability versus human activities is challenging.

It's so sad, here, the winters are not getting hotter than the summer embarassed
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by eldee(m): 2:18am On May 26, 2008
I think we really need to start worrying bout it as much as we do bout AIDS
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 2:19am On May 26, 2008
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by eldee(m): 2:22am On May 26, 2008
The rapid melting of the Arctic ice, increasing crop damage and other problems show the multiplying effects of higher temperatures, said Bill Hare of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research.

Summer sea ice in the Arctic, for instance, shrank to a record low last year --- nearly 40 per cent less than the long-term average between 1979 and 2000.

Hare also warned that rising oil prices could speed that even further. Light, sweet crude for July delivery rose by $1.38 to settle at $132.19 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange on Friday. The expense encourages the use of cheaper coal --- a much dirtier fuel.

The recent developments in the energy sector, particularly high oil prices and coal-intensive development , are pointing towards the risk of higher emissions,” Hare told ministers from G8 and observing nations.
“(It’s) too early to say if this is an entrenched change in the pattern , but (it’s) certainly a risk factor,” he said.

By Google News

The part about the rising crude oil prices shows that we, as a contry could help in a big way.
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 2:24am On May 26, 2008
@post
eldee:

In the ideal world, that would be the right thing to do, but apparently, we live in the real world.
Do you know all the recycling and energy saving done by the UK population is not enough to reduce the emissions?
The average UK resident is more energy-concsious than ever before
We use public transport more, recycle more, but what of the airplanes, the proposed new terminal? undecided

As at now, all you need to do is use only one car for your family
Use things till they're no more usable

Naija uses hydro-electric power, the most renewable source of energy
But we fall short in many other areas
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by eldee(m): 2:28am On May 26, 2008
If I ever need to startup an NGO, it will be on this cause grin
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 2:30am On May 26, 2008
@post
So are you trying to make an organization? How can I be the president? smiley
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by eldee(m): 2:32am On May 26, 2008
The environment is really suffering now
We also need to know that this combustion is bad for our babies
It is also a heavy factor in acid rain
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 2:35am On May 26, 2008
On Feb. 2, 2007, the United Nations scientific panel studying climate change declared that the evidence of a warming trend is "unequivocal," and that human activity has "very likely" been the driving force in that change over the last 50 years. The last report by the group, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, in 2001, had found that humanity had "likely" played a role.

The addition of that single word "very" did more than reflect mounting scientific evidence that the release of carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases from smokestacks, tailpipes and burning forests has played a central role in raising the average surface temperature of the earth by more than 1 degree Fahrenheit since 1900. It also added new momentum to a debate that now seems centered less over whether humans are warming the planet, but instead over what to do about it. In recent months, business groups have banded together to make unprecedented calls for federal regulation of greenhouse gases. The subject had a red-carpet moment when former Vice President Al Gore's documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth," was awarded an Oscar; and the Supreme Court made its first global warming-related decision, ruling 5 to 4 that the Environmental Protection Agency had not justified its position that it was not authorized to regulate carbon dioxide.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/science/topics/globalwarming/index.html
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by eldee(m): 2:42am On May 26, 2008
The fact is that the world knew it was coming
But no one knew it would come this fast
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 2:48am On May 26, 2008
Eldee, what do you suggest that we do? I mean, to help stop the global warming?
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by eldee(m): 2:52am On May 26, 2008
I think we need to start from our homes
Train ourselves and our kids to learn how to save energy
It's what we all are going to face together, it's not a lone fight.

It starts from there
Then to bigger things like taking care of the enviroment we stay in
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 3:08am On May 26, 2008
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley" yea
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 26, 2008
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i'll slit my wrist if u guys go on about global warming.
whether we like or not the planet we live in will disintegrate. no matter what anyone does.
switching off and pulling electric appliances from wall, using less water, using less plastic bags etc etc is all good but what happens to all those huge manufacturing and construction companies in china and india? will the the big nations like the
US of A, UK, france ever consider asking the companies in those areas to stop producing those gas guzzling cars, new technology? i think the answer to that question is 'NOT IN ANYONE'S LIFE TIME'
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by Cayon(f): 2:16am On May 27, 2008
global warming or act of God
Re: I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? by OEBA: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
go check out www.oebaltd.com they might be of help, they started me off in my recycling business

(1) (Reply)

Update On Ebola Virus: salt therapy as prevention? / Ebola Could Be A Strategy To Reduce Human Population / Vaginal Odor And How To Treat It With Home Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.