Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Peanut Burger - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Peanut Burger (54517 Views)

Peanut Burger Making. / The Chicken Burger I Bought At Onitsha Restaurant (Pictures) / How To Make Peanut Burger Snack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peanut Burger by onemecarl: 7:09am On Jul 23, 2013
Please does anyone know how to make peanut burger.I love this snack and have search for the recipe here, but to no avail. I would appreciate it if anyone that have the recipe can teach me how to make this delicious snack.
Re: Peanut Burger by tjskii(f): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
Never heard of peanut burger, undecided undecided,can one get it to buy at eateries, but iv heard of peanut butter
Re: Peanut Burger by tpia5: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
peanut burger or peanut butter.
Re: Peanut Burger by onemecarl: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
@tpia, it is peanut burger.The most popular one here in Lagos is from Accra. I think I may have to paste a sample pix later. But I think it is just normal peanut coated with batter. Anyway, thanks
Re: Peanut Burger by onemecarl: 9:55am On Jul 24, 2013
This is a sample picture of the popular brand in Lagos:

Re: Peanut Burger by breadplanet(f): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
Please somebody, anybody! Cos me i dey interested kwa!
Re: Peanut Burger by tpia5: 2:27am On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Peanut Burger by moranu(f): 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
Get your grand nut and remove the bad ones. Boil water and pour it on the grand nut, and cover it for 15mins. Then drain the water and sprinkle salt to taste. Spread it inside tray till its completely dry. Mix flour, sugar and baking powder together in right proportion in a bowl. Whisk two eggs, pour your ground nut in a bowl and pour your whisk egg on it, till it cover all the grand nut. Sprinkle your mixed flour on mixture with fork bt be careful nt to break the nut while mixing. Heat your oil and fry till is brown.

11 Likes

Re: Peanut Burger by breadplanet(f): 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
Please can we get d quantities of the ingredients. Thanks
Re: Peanut Burger by onemecarl: 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thanks a bunch Moranu. Please more details would be appreciated (especially right measurement of the ingredients)
Re: Peanut Burger by mamagee3(f): 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
You won't find the recipe online because it's not a usual snack.

But you can order it from transmawfoodservices.com if you live in the U.S.

1 Like

Re: Peanut Burger by moranu(f): 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
3cups of Gnut
2litres of water
Icup of sugar
Salt to taste
Flavour
4eggs
Vegetable oil

Put your Gnut inside water and wash,pour the washed Gnut inside a pail and boil water, pour the water on the Gnut and put Salt to taste,then cover it for 15mins. Drain the water and spread it till its completely dry.
Whisk your eggs and pour sugar and( flavour) if u like.
Pour the mixture on the Gnut and mix with fork(be careful so that u won't break it) Mix your flour and baking powder in a bowl,sprinkle it on until well coated. Then deep fry. I think this is more explicit.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peanut Burger by onemecarl: 7:40am On Sep 26, 2013
Oh this is more explicit. Thanks Moranu, u are a darling. Mwah!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peanut Burger by moranu(f): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2013
you are welcome darling
Re: Peanut Burger by topdiva(f): 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
so it doesnt need margarine??
moranu: 3cups of Gnut
2litres of water
Icup of sugar
Salt to taste
Flavour
4eggs
Vegetable oil

Put your Gnut inside water and wash,pour the washed Gnut inside a pail and boil water, pour the water on the Gnut and put Salt to taste,then cover it for 15mins. Drain the water and spread it till its completely dry.
Pour the mixture on the Gnut and mix with fork(be careful so that u won't break it) Mix your flour and baking powder in a bowl,sprinkle it on until well coated. Then deep fry. I think this is more explicit.
Re: Peanut Burger by moranu(f): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
[quote author=top diva]so it doesnt need margarine??[/quote
]Yes
Re: Peanut Burger by noncy21: 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
moranu:
3cups of Gnut
2litres of water
Icup of sugar
Salt to taste
Flavour
4eggs
Vegetable oil

hi ma. i was searching how to make peanut snacks and i came accross dis post. pls ma wat types of groundnut ar we to use, fresh or roasted?. tnx
Re: Peanut Burger by moranu(f): 8:41pm On May 02, 2015
noncy21:
hi ma. i was searching how to make peanut snacks and i came accross dis post. pls ma wat types of groundnut ar we to use, fresh or roasted?. tnx
you can only use the fresh one sis
Re: Peanut Burger by noncy21: 9:05pm On May 02, 2015
moranu:
you can only use the fresh one sis
ok. tnx ma.
Re: Peanut Burger by Dominion2(f): 12:07am On May 23, 2015
pls can coconut water be use in place of egg
Re: Peanut Burger by olajoloniniola: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
About d issue of peanut burger/ snacks, Ingredients: 4/5 cups of ground nut, 2 eggs (big), 4/5 cups of flour,1 teaspn of salt,a level of cup of sugar,1 cover of flavour,veg oil, 2liters of water. Directions: boil ur water, put ur gnt in a bowl/colander, sprinkle salt and pour ur hot water on it and drained and spread on d tray to dry, picks all d dirty, stone and small ones frm it and set aside. 2. Wash and break ur egg in a bowl, add sugar and flavour and whisk very well. Put ur gnt in a big bowl, make sure ur bowl is bigger than gnt because of mixing. Dnt pour all d mixed egg at a time just do it little by little, like my own I used tablespn. When, u pour 2 tbspn of egg mix it very well, then sprinkle handful of flour for coating and mix well also until u finish d egg and flour. Heat ur veg oil and fry till is brown.

1 Like

Re: Peanut Burger by FunadoysKitchen(f): 1:35am On Nov 23, 2015
Follow the link to get The recipe on how to make peanut burger snack; its very authentic
http://www.funadoysrecipes.com/2015/05/how-to-make-peanut-burger-snack.html?m=1

Re: Peanut Burger by godello: 10:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nice one, i'll start it soon.
Re: Peanut Burger by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
I am trying this nw.thankr
Re: Peanut Burger by typearls(f): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
Here is how to make peanut burger snack and start a peanut production business. http://www.typearls.com.ng/2016/07/nigerian-peanut-burger-snack-recipe-and.html

Re: Peanut Burger by jessysparkles(f): 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
typearls:
Here is how to make peanut burger snack and start a peanut production business. http://www.typearls.com.ng/2016/07/nigerian-peanut-burger-snack-recipe-and.html

I just tried ds recipe buh d peanut came out very rough. pls wt did i do wrong?

1 Like

Re: Peanut Burger by typearls(f): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2016
@jessysparkles, explian rough, you mean the peanut itself or the outside crust. use the same consistency in the recipe and avoid using too much water/
Re: Peanut Burger by jessysparkles(f): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2016
typearls:
@jessysparkles, explian rough, you mean the peanut itself or the outside crust. use the same consistency in the recipe and avoid using too much water/
the outside crust is not smooth.
Re: Peanut Burger by typearls(f): 6:46am On Aug 20, 2016
@Jessy sparkles, reduce the water or dip the peanut burger in a mixture of beaten egg before frying for a smooth finish
Re: Peanut Burger by jessysparkles(f): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2016
typearls:
@Jessy sparkles, reduce the water or dip the peanut burger in a mixture of beaten egg before frying for a smooth finish

do u mean after mix with egg and flour, I should still dip it in whisked egg
Re: Peanut Burger by byvan03: 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
Sprinkle the egg with a fork, use a bowl and do it in batches. Pour some groundnut in a bowl, sprinkle the egg, try and make it cover the groundnuts. You can start twirling the bowl while sprinkling the flour, don't use too much flour r. Twirling the bowl is for the groundnut to get coated evenly without the excess floor, so the groundnut rolls over the flour and gets coated . The egg binds the flour to the nuts.
Re: Peanut Burger by Tenderly1(f): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
byvan03:
Sprinkle the egg with a fork, use a bowl and do it in batches. Pour some groundnut in a bowl, sprinkle the egg, try and make it cover the groundnuts. You can start twirling the bowl while sprinkling the flour, don't use too much flour r. Twirling the bowl is for the groundnut to get coated evenly without the excess floor, so the groundnut rolls over the flour and gets coated . The egg binds the flour to the nuts.
This is the method I use and it comes out nice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Price Of A 50kg Bag Of Rice In Your Area In Nigeria / The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked / Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.