Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? (12104 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" / Frank Edwards And Sharon Pastor Chris' Daughter Hang Out Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 9:20am On Jul 23, 2013

Christians today in and Outside the country have been led astray by the so-called gospel musics.

Frank Edwards songs (sorry to say) have turned many real christians into surface worldly church goers.

I dont see why someone should decieve himself by saying he's a gospel singer, while the tune, language, and beat of the songs are very worldly (except for a few though). If not for the occassional mention of 'JESUS' or 'GOD', one would think he were listening to a hip hop special or one of these nigerian circular songs.

Please lets tell ourselves the truth, this guy's songs are worldly and would stand against many on the last day!

Do you think otherwise?
The ball is in your court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by cardoso111(m): 9:24am On Jul 23, 2013
The truth is that what you take in,will affect your faith!Lets watch it before its too late!!

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2013
Hello Mesco,

What exactly is wrong with his songs?

Is the lyrics bad and vulgar? Any example?

Which songs in particular?

Which beat do you consider godly?

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 23, 2013
Mescopaul:
Christians today in and Outside the country have been led astray by the so-called gospel musics.

Frank Edwards songs (sorry to say) have turned many real christians into surface worldly church goers.

I dont see why someone should decieve himself by saying he's a gospel singer, while the tune, language, and beat of the songs are very worldly (except for a few though). If not for the occassional mention of 'JESUS' or 'GOD', one would think he were listening to a hip hop special or one of these nigerian circular songs.

Please lets tell ourselves the truth, this guy's songs are worldly and would stand against many on the last day!

Do you think otherwise?
The ball is in your court.
my question is, is it the lyrics or the genre of his music that you are disturbed about?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2013
hisblud: my question is, is it the lyrics or the genre of his music that you are disturbed about?
This is not the question of personal ...this guys songs 4 Gods sake is not scriptural, only those that are real christians, devoted to the Lord, sanctified and heavenly mind can decipher b/w a real gospel song-which total summary dictates and denotes the existence, the supremacy, worship and above all the glory of God. What you'll have in mind as u play these songs is this Will Jesus be glorified, will he participate if he were present If the answers are answered rightly with genuine truthfulness then you can judge for yourselves whats right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2013
hisblud: my question is, is it the lyrics or the genre of his music that you are disturbed about?
This is not the question of personal opinion...this guys songs 4 Gods sake is not scriptural, only those that are real christians, devoted to the Lord, sanctified and heavenly mind can decipher b/w a real gospel song-which total summary dictates and denotes the existence, the supremacy, worship and above all the glory of God. What you'll have in mind as u play these songs is this Will Jesus be glorified, will he participate if he were present If the answers are answered rightly with genuine truthfulness then you can judge for yourselves whats right or wrong.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2013
striktlymi: Hello Mesco,

What exactly is wrong with his songs?

Is the lyrics bad and vulgar? Any example?

Which songs in particular?

Which beat do you consider godly?

I would like you to take this as something like an eye-opener for every born again christian , ...
GOD is the author of music. Since the foundation of the world God gave his opinion of the type of songs believers are to offer.
The bible also said that christians should abstain from any appearance of evil

Take this guys song cry you a river for example,

the 2nd stanza was kinda rapped, and how can you tel me that true gospel songs involve rapping, which is clear appearance of worldly music , which the bible classified as being evil....
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 11:06am On Jul 23, 2013
cardoso111: The truth is that what you take in,will affect your faith!Lets watch it before its too late!!

So you agree with me that franks songs does no good in the moral and spiritual of true child of God.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by iheanyi4u(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2013
@op so if it isnt 'slow paced' it isn't gospel? So artists like Lecrae, Trip lee and d likes that deal solely on rap should stop singing? its a matter of choice. and by the way the title of the song is peace not cry me a river

4 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2013
Prowizy2: Op.. Idiota how many songs have u written?
Havent written any friend , but by the special grace of God, if i write its going to be very scriptural and spiritual

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
I still do not get it...

Mescopaul:

I would like you to take this as something like an eye-opener for every born again christian , ...

Cool!

Mescopaul:
GOD is the author of music.

True!!!

Mescopaul:
Since the foundation of the world God gave his opinion of the type of songs believers are to offer.

Kindly quote the passage in sacred scriptures that supports the bold in order to put things in proper perspective.

Mescopaul:
The bible also said that christians should abstain from any appearance of evil

Very true!!! That would be the following:

1 Thessalonians 5:22
King James Version (KJV)

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Mescopaul:
Take this guys song cry you a river for example,

Okay!

Mescopaul:
the 2nd stanza was kinda rapped, and how can you tel me that true gospel songs involve rapping, which is clear appearance of worldly music , which the bible classified as being evil....

Can you tell us what part of sacred scriptures says that rap music is evil?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by demelza: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
Mescopaul:
Havent written any friend , but by the special grace of God, if i write its going to be very scriptural and spiritual
And just what is unscriptural about Frank's song. In as much as you are entitled to your own opinion, dont come here spewing trash about someone whom God is using greatly. Just because he rapped, he is now of the devil! Did you even check the history of rap before coming here to type this? Im sure you also think Kirk Franklin is Satan-reincarnate. If only your type abound on this earth, we would still be singing "Abraham's blessings are mine". Stop being archaic all in the name of born again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
iheanyi4u: @op so if it isnt 'slow paced' it isn't gospel? So artists like Lecrae, Trip lee and d likes that deal solely on rap should stop singing? its a matter of choice. and by the way the title of the song is peace not cry me a river
never said anytin about being slow paced or not..wud like you to check out his song "Cry you a river" not "peace"
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
demelza:
And just what is unscriptural about Frank's song. In as much as you are entitled to your own opinion, dont come here spewing trash about someone whom God is using greatly. Just because he rapped, he is now of the devil! Did you even check the history of rap before coming here to type this? Im sure you also think Kirk Franklin is Satan-reincarnate. If only your type abound on this earth, we would still be singing "Abraham's blessings are mine". Stop being archaic all in the name of born again.
Without singing age-long archaic songs there are wonderful nice gospel songs=> Buchi, Udoma, Don Meon, Samsong, Redeem worship, midnight crew and lots of others are the typical example of gospel songs , not frank's disco-like "gospel barbash".

Speaking of Kirk Franklin - didnt you hear when it was rumoured that he belonged to the Illum...
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
^^^

Lol!!!

Buchi included rap in one of his songs.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
striktlymi: Can you tell us what part of sacred scriptures says that rap music is evil?
The scripture made it clear as you have earlier confirmed Abstain from all Appearance of evil. Now with the above instruction it simply deduced that rap music which is very prominent in the music industry today, has been brought to the gospel musics, . As of now rap music denotes earthly and worldly pleasure, which to all and sundry is a clear appearance of evil, trying to shy away from the truth is dangerous when it comes christian matters, please friends be warned!
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
Mescopaul: The scripture made it clear as you have earlier confirmed Abstain from all Appearance of evil. Now with the above instruction it simply deduced that rap music which is very prominent in the music industry today, has been brought to the gospel musics, . As of now rap music denotes earthly and worldly pleasure, which to all and sundry is a clear appearance of evil, trying to shy away from the truth is dangerous when it comes christian matters, please friends be warned!

Lol!!!

I thought you would have started with my first response to you...

Anyways, you are yet to show us that Rap is prohibited by God. If we want to follow your thoughts on the "appearance of evil" thingy then it would mean that no one should use the internet.

It is known that the internet can influence some people negatively but still we use it because it can also be used for good...in the same way, rap can be used for bad just like a church hymn can be used for bad but we can still use it to propagate the message of God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Pvictor10(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2013
striktlymi: ^^^

Lol!!!

Buchi included rap in one of his songs.
that's, what a mighty God we serve
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 7:41am On Jul 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!!!

Anyways, you are yet to show us that Rap is prohibited by God. If we want to follow your thoughts on the "appearance of evil" thingy then it would mean that no one should use the internet.

It is known that the internet can influence some people negatively but still we use it because it can also be used for good...in the same way, rap can be used for bad just like a church hymn can be used for bad but we can still use it to propagate the message of God.
Okay, am stil going to address the first part of your response, now you've just brought up something else The Internet.

Looking at the internet critically it has both good,positive and bad, negative effect. For believers, of course we don't utilize it's negative aspect, however we make use of its positive uses.
Inasmuch as there's a long list of crimes that is pepetrated via the internet there's also a long list of goodies the internet have brought to mankind, esp the church.

Now relating it to rap music, it only denotes worldliness, as the internet offers both bad and good uses, pls kindly tell the world what good has rap music done in Christiandom today. Apart from demolishing the spiritual level of believers, it has commonised the house of God, making christian to become spiritually dead to Gods vision, grieving the Spirit Of God.

Just imagine during the praise section in your church, and as the praises are being offered wholeheartedly to God, then next the praise leader delved into rapping , just like Lil Wayne and Eminem, are you trying to tell me that both the pastor, and members will follow suit without any qualms?. Well if that happens in any church, then that church is a dead and hell-fire bound church, its pastor and members are total disgrace to Christians all through the world.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 7:44am On Jul 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!!!

Okay, am stil going to address the first part of your response, now you've just brought up something else The Internet.

Looking at the internet critically it has both good,positive and bad, negative effect. For believers, of course we don't utilize it's negative aspect, however we make use of its positive uses.
Inasmuch as there's a long list of crimes that is pepetrated via the internet there's also a long list of goodies the internet have brought to mankind, esp the church.

Now relating it to rap music, it only denotes worldliness, as the internet offers both bad and good uses, pls kindly tell the world what good has rap music done in Christiandom today. Apart from demolishing the spiritual level of believers, it has commonised the house of God, making christian to become spiritually dead to Gods vision, grieving the Spirit Of God.

Just imagine during the praise section in your church, and as the praises are being offered wholeheartedly to God, then next the praise leader delved into rapping , just like Lil Wayne and Eminem, are you trying to tell me that both the pastor, and members will follow suit without any qualms?. Well if that happens in any church, then that church is a dead and hell-fire bound church, its pastor and members are total disgrace to Christians all through the world.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 24, 2013
Mescopaul:

Okay, cool! But some believers still use it for the wrong reasons.

Mescopaul:
Now relating it to rap music, it only denotes worldliness, as the internet offers both bad and good uses, pls kindly tell the world what good has rap music done in Christiandom today.

The good rap has brought to Christendom is the same as the good any other brand of Christian songs has brought to Christianity. Broadly speaking, these include:

1) Help to propagate the gospel of Christ.
2) Used to glorify God and edify the church.

Mescopaul:
Apart from demolishing the spiritual level of believers, it has commonised the house of God, making christian to become spiritually dead to Gods vision, grieving the Spirit Of God.

That assessment is VERY WRONG!!! If a song says: "God is good" it matters not the brand of song used to say it. A song will only be bad when the lyrics are bad.

I bet you approve of traditional gospel songs but you do not say that these songs glorify Amadioha or Sango because the lyrics are good and edifies the Church.

What I see here is you having a bias against rap in general. For you, it is not about the lyrics but about the song. Lets take R&B for example.

A lot of gospel songs take this form and we do not complain about them but the truth is that a lot of 'worldly songs' are R&B related.

Mescopaul:

The above is your personal grouse and has no footing in sacred scriptures. You are the one complaining, not God. Praise is not a brand of song. One can praise God without singing.

If one chooses to praise God using any brand of song he likes, this does not stop it from being a song of praise to God. Human beings look and judge people from what they see but God who is the righteous judge looks at the heart.

When people use rap to praise God, I expect God to be the one to complain about it not you or anyone else. The only time any song would be wrong, will be when the lyrics of such songs, do not edify the church.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Pvictor10(m): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2013
@Mesco Listen or check Lecrae rap song, Desperate, check d lyrics out. Sure u gonna change ur mind.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
striktlymi:
Okay, cool! But some believers still use it for the wrong reasons.
We are not precisely talking on what the internet is used for, and be it clear to you and to all, that anyone who's professing 'born-again' and makes use of the internet wrongly has lost the mark and salvation of his/her soul, hence can no longer be addressed as a christian.

striktlymi:
The good rap has brought to Christendom is the same as the good any other brand of Christian songs has brought to Christianity. Broadly speaking, these include:

1) Help to propagate the gospel of Christ.
2) Used to glorify God and edify the church.
I want you to tell yourself the truth
Can God be glorified when Don Meon starts to rap his songs like the way Vector does it? Ask yourself, if Jesus himself were to sing , even in heaven , he wouldnt mind to rap the songs to God himself?. Anything that the father detest is never okay for his children on earth.

striktlymi:
That assessment is VERY WRONG!!! If a song says: "God is good" it matters not the brand of song used to say it. A song will only be bad when the lyrics are bad.

I bet you approve of traditional gospel songs but you do not say that these songs glorify Amadioha or Sango because the lyrics are good and edifies the Church.

What I see here is you having a bias against rap in general. For you, it is not about the lyrics but about the song. Lets take R&B for example.

A lot of gospel songs take this form and we do not complain about them but the truth is that a lot of 'worldly songs' are R&B related.

The above is your personal grouse and has no footing in sacred scriptures. You are the one complaining, not God. Praise is not a brand of song. One can praise God without singing.

If one chooses to praise God using any brand of song he likes, this does not stop it from being a song of praise to God. Human beings look and judge people from what they see but God who is the righteous judge looks at the heart.

When people use rap to praise God, I expect God to be the one to complain about it not you or anyone else. The only time any song would be wrong, will be when the lyrics of such songs, do not edify the church.

If as you said it doesnt matter the type of brand of songs you use as far as it includes praise to God, then why do the real gospel singers not use the rap brand in singing, you might say its their choice , but compare the songs sang in holy sonority to a jazz-up obscure song which do you think the Holy ghost will likely flow? Rap musics is a fast tempo of voicing out the wordings of a song, it is almost blurred (if i may use that word) to the listener, he can't grasp the words quickly and disorderliness of total presentation is evident, now remember that the scriptures says

1 Corinthians 14:40

Let all things be done decently and in order.

I cant see any decent and orderliness of the rap music.
Even some individuals naturally detest those wild-hectic rap songs; if individuals can know and reject what's not decent and orderly, what about God?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
Pvictor10: @Mesco Listen or check Lecrae rap song, Desperate, check d lyrics out. Sure u gonna change ur mind.
Not only do the lyrics of a song matter, the tune,pattern, "brand" and type of beat matters alot. The lyrics may be nice, okay, reffering to God or even worshipping God, but if the beat and pattern or "brand" is unholy the song as a whole will take the singer, the listener, and all those that enjoy the music to the deepest part of hell.

Dont forget that behind all these song beats, dance style etc there is a spirit attached to them. Do you know the one attached to rap music?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mescopaul:
We are not precisely talking on what the internet is used for, and be it clear to you and to all, that anyone who's professing 'born-again' and makes use of the internet wrongly has lost the mark and salvation of his/her soul, hence can no longer be addressed as a christian.

Same with Rap or any other music for that matter. If one uses Rap to glorify God, he does right but if he uses it to glorify the Devil, then he does wrong.

Mescopaul:
Can God be glorified when Don Meon starts to rap his songs like the way Vector does it? Ask yourself, if Jesus himself were to sing , even in heaven , he wouldnt mind to rap the songs to God himself?. Anything that the father detest is never okay for his children on earth.

The truth is this: If Don Moen sing in the exact same way but instead of glorifying God, he decides to praise the Devil with his genre of music then he would be against God.

On the other hand, if he uses the exact same words but instead of using his genre of music decides to Rap instead then his music still praises God. The bottom line here is the lyrics.

Mescopaul:
If as you said it doesnt matter the type of brand of songs you use as far as it includes praise to God, then why do the real gospel singers not use the rap brand in singing, you might say its their choice , but compare the songs sang in holy sonority to a jazz-up obscure song which do you think the Holy ghost will likely flow? Rap musics is a fast tempo of voicing out the wordings of a song, it is almost blurred (if i may use that word) to the listener, he can't grasp the words quickly and disorderliness of total presentation is evident, now remember that the scriptures says

A genre of music CANNOT be categorized as decent or indecent. A song, no matter the brand, becomes decent or not because of a number of factors to include:

1) The lyrics used.
2) The nature of the video.

If the lyrics is fine and the video does not include almost naked women or other acts of indecency then the song will be very good, no matter the brand.

Now for orderliness...music is music because it is orderly. If a song is not orderly then it siezes to be part of music. The ish I think you are having is seeing order in one light alone.

A brand of music might not appeal to you but it does not stop it from being orderly. Noise depicts disorderliness, music depicts order no matter the type.

Mescopaul:
Even some individuals naturally detest those wild-hectic rap songs; if individuals can know and reject what's not decent and orderly, what about God?

You can't see order and decency in Rap but yet you recommend the songs of Buchi? In the event that you were so carried away by Buchi's song and missed the Rap in at least one of them, then note today that Buchi also used Rap in at least one of his songs and the Rapping did not make the song demonic.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mescopaul:

Same with Rap or any other music for that matter. If one uses Rap to glorify God, he does right but if he uses it to glorify the Devil, then he does wrong.

Mescopaul:

The truth is this: If Don Moen sing in the exact same way but instead of glorifying God, he decides to praise the Devil with his genre of music then he would be against God.

On the other hand, if he uses the exact same words but instead of using his genre of music decides to Rap instead then his music still praises God. The bottom line here is the lyrics.

Mescopaul:

A genre of music CANNOT be categorized as decent or indecent. A song, no matter the brand, becomes decent or not because of a number of factors to include:

1) The lyrics used.

If the lyrics is fine and the video does not include almost naked women or other acts of indecency then the song will be very good, no matter the brand.

Now for orderliness...music is music because it is orderly. If a song is not orderly then it siezes to be part of music. The ish I think you are having is seeing order in one light alone.

A brand of music might not appeal to you but it does not stop it from being orderly. Noise depicts disorderliness, music depicts order no matter the type.

Mescopaul:

You can't see order and decency in Rap but yet you recommend the songs of Buchi? In the event that you were so carried away by Buchi's song and missed the Rap in at least one of them, then note today that Buchi also used Rap in at least one of his songs and the Rapping did not make the song demonic.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Pvictor10(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mescopaul: Not only do the lyrics of a song matter, the tune,pattern, "brand" and type of beat matters alot. The lyrics may be nice, okay, reffering to God or even worshipping God, but if the beat and pattern or "brand" is unholy the song as a whole will take the singer, the listener, and all those that enjoy the music to the deepest part of hell.

Dont forget that behind all these song beats, dance style etc there is a spirit attached to them. Do you know the one attached to rap music?
I laugh in Spanish. Spirit? Anyhow, I love my God and love the songs that talk about Him. Do u know, reggae that Buchi sings in the 70's was considered demonic. U dare not sing raggae in church then. Now, we have no problem with raggae. Guess, rap need a revolution too.

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Pvictor10(m): 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
Michael Smith best friend in the Gospel music world is Toby Mac, a rap artiste. Guess, he didn't find problem with that. They even go on tour together. Maybe u don't know, devil is a good singer before God then. He must have stolen the beautiful music genre they use in heaven then., just kidding, but think about that. SELAH!
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by demelza: 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
Pvictor10: I laugh in Spanish. Spirit? Anyhow, I love my God and love the songs that talk about Him. Do u know, reggae that Buchi sings in the 70's was considered demonic. U dare not sing raggae in church then. Now, we have no problem with raggae. Guess, rap need a revolution too.
Thank you very much. Buchi whom the OP obviously prefers, sings reggae. And if we want to trace the history of reggae then you can as well say Buchi sings wordly music. Compared to rap which came about as a form of artistic expression amongst the blacks in the US against societal ills, reggae is a genre developed by people who dont even believe in God, they worship the late emperor of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie. Yet the OP prefers it to rap.
Like a poster said, the OP problem is with rap music as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2013
striktlymi:

1) The lyrics used.

[b]Perhaps its my personal grudges, perhaps not, but i know ,totally convinced that rap is never a good way to glorify the Almighty God, it doesnt depicts total respect and a contrite soul towards Gods service. It is a formal medium of exhortation if used to exhort the holy God. I've done researches and it seems all views are the same. If rap for everyone is okay to offer sincere worship to God, i'd better be an outcast. Morals, valid morals are learnt from home, it might depend on your background, but for mine, we are taught absolute respect towards the things of God which i appreciate so much. I think this (the unholiness of rap and its kind) was what the G.S, Deeper Life Bible Church, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi saw that made him exclude the use drum (drumkit) from instrument of praise and worship in the church. Inasmuch as you can offer pure praise to the Lord in your "rap" style, and mine in my plain unstyled style, glory be to God, perhaps on that final day , we would know better how God inhabits the praises of his children., but quote it anywhere anyday that rap is never a contrite medium to offer holy praise to the Lord, pagans may think otherwise![/b]
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 9:35am On Jul 25, 2013
striktlymi:

1) The lyrics used.

[b]Perhaps its my personal grudges, perhaps not, but i know ,totally convinced that rap is never a good way to glorify the Almighty God, it doesnt depicts total respect and a contrite soul towards Gods service. It is a formal medium of exhortation if used to exhort the holy God. I've done researches and it seems all views are the same. If rap for everyone is okay to offer sincere worship to God, i'd better be an outcast. Morals, valid morals are learnt from home, it might depend on your background, but for mine, we are taught absolute respect towards the things of God which i appreciate so much. I think this (the unholiness of rap and its kind) was what the G.S, Deeper Life Bible Church, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi saw that made him exclude the use drum (drumkit) from instrument of praise and worship in the church. Inasmuch as you can offer pure praise to the Lord in your "rap" style, and mine in my plain unstyled style, glory be to God, perhaps on that final day , we would know better how God inhabits the praises of his children., but quote it anywhere anyday that rap is never a contrite medium to offer holy praise to the Lord, pagans may think otherwise![/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No iota of doubt: homosexuality is Satan's greatest joy. / Divorce Or Separation? / 990 Years In The Kingdom Of Darkness_ Evangelist Olufumilayo #series One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.