Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY (5338 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ??? / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by baldman: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
Please I need your insight on this:

FOR MARRIED MEN

1. What informed your decision to choose the lady you marry (your wife)out of the others available?
2. Now that you are married, from your experience in marriage, what other factors do you think young men, who are at the verge of making that BIG DECISION, should consider?

Thanks for your anticipated sincerity and openness.

4 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by Fhemmmy: 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
1. She was the toughest of them all.
2. She is supportive and have a goal in life and not just a woman that wanna be married by fire by force.
3. She is smart and fears God, and only such could ground me.
What to watch out for . . .
1. Dont marry only cos of love, love is only good to take you to alter but you have to be committed
2. Make sure you are ready to be married and not cos your friends are doing or family pressure.
3. You have to be good friends and honor one another.
Above all, you all have to make God the head and all will work out . . Will add more when i remember, invite us to the big day oh

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by BabaOyo(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
1. She got a good grip of her tongue more than the others!!

2. She was very complimentary to my character.

3. She was always ready to help....spiritually, morally & financially!!

Things to watch out for!!!

1. Marry "your friend" and not your lover!!!
Even though love is important, its not the key to a successful marriage! Make sure you are good friends, this takes u a long way when the love fades!!!

2. Never "manage" a woman!! If you can't stand something in a woman, don't manage!!!
Let her go.

3. A woman who can't accept you for who you are should be left alone.
Don't marry a nag!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
OP, no go marry bald woman o. Make sure you see her natural hair before u marry.

Very important, make una kids no resemble .....

Going with ur username ofcos

13 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by EfemenaXY: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
Chillisauce: OP, no go marry bald woman o. Make sure you see her natural hair before u marry.

Na wa o!

What's your own with baldness na? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by tpia5: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
una nor get papa and mama again, na nairaland be una papa and mama, na wa.

op you might as well pose your question to seun and mukina the site owners, just tell them you be their pikin and you wan marry.

1 Like

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by baldman: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
@ Phemmy and Baba Oyo. Thanks a mil, your comments are priceless, it is quite refreshing to see issues being specifically addressed on nairaland again.@ Chilisauce: You have eyes for details sha. I don't consider baldness an ugly attribute, I carry mine with pride but I kinda love to see some hair on my woman's head.Thanks but please lets keep the thread focused.
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by shirleywhyte(f): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
WOW!!!I can't believe this..

Someone once told me love is not enough to get married...Wow!!!

You guys should keep it coming...
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by BabaOyo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
shirley whyte: WOW!!!I can't believe this..

Someone once told me love is not enough to get married ...Wow!!!

You guys should keep it coming...

Believe it Ms Whyte....marriage is not all about love at all!!!

@Op...I like ur confidence....been bald is not a disease....on the other hand, "educated women" should want to have a closer "look" at you! Nothing do you jare!

2 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by hakunajay(m): 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
* Her closeness to God got my heart.
* Neat and simple dressing (she hates sagging & any immoral clothes) , moderate make ups and focus in life.
* Her hatred for dirty things. i can assure you that you dont wanna marry a dirty woman.
* Then her passion for the kitchen and her food making magic skills abeg, i no get choice than to make her the one.

things to watch out for...
* incessant demands e.g sex (some girls think thats all they have to offer a man) , money, recharge cards etc. Such girls wont contribute a dime for home upkeep when the chips are down.
* chatterbox, gossips and pugilist. A lady that does all these is a no go area for a man who wants to enjoy his home after a hard day at work.

etc etc...

5 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by baldman: 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hakunajay: thanks for the insight
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by Pataki: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
1. Highly and well educated.

2. Good simple dressing. Even when she buys a new cloth, she shows it to me to find out if I like it.

3. She withstood all the theatrics her parents threw at her when she at first told them about me.

4. Her passion to know more about God also weighed in.

5. Very respectful of my opinion and supportive to my career as well.

6. Even when I deliberately try to annoy her, she keeps quiet and walks away.....and later comes to discuss it out with me.

Look out for......

1. A woman who always wants to have her ways.

2. A woman thinks marriage is all about se-x.

3. A woman who focuses too much attention on just herself and always has a point to make anytime issues spring up.

4. A woman who even jokingly hits you when you are both relaxed and you happen to tease her. Such a woman has deep anger issues and will actually manifest when you happen to make her extremely angry/mad or jealous.

5. A woman who carries too much friends around her (either men or women friends).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by hakunajay(m): 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
baldman: Hakunajay: thanks for the insight

You welcome bro
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by baldman: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
Pataki: 1. Highly and well educated.

2. Good simple dressing. Even when she buys a new cloth, she shows it to me to find out if I like it.

3. She withstood all the theatrics her parents threw at her when she at first told them about me.

4. Her passion to know more about God also weighed in.

5. Very respectful of my opinion and supportive to my career as well.

6. Even when I deliberately try to annoy her, she keeps quiet and walks away.....and later comes to discuss it out with me.

Look out for......

1. A woman who always wants to have her ways.

2. A woman thinks marriage is all about se-x.

3. A woman who focuses too much attention on just herself and always has a point to make anytime issues spring up.

4. A woman who even jokingly hits you when you are both relaxed and you happen to tease her. Such a woman has deep anger issues and will actually manifest when you happen to make her extremely angry/mad or jealous.

5. A woman who carries too much friends around her (either men or women friends).

Thanks Mr. Pataki
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by dayokanu(m): 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
She is very smart and always seeking for knowledge. Cos I always look out for smart people.

She is very resourceful. If you tell her about any problem she would have an intelligent opinion on how to resolve it.

She is a conservative spender , Unlike some women who buy frivolous things at the mall.

She has weathered a lot of storms in her life that many men might even have given up on life.

Look out for

Avoid shine shine women who are made of Indian weave and pancake alone but empty

Avoid drama queens cos it might lead to abuse and groupies also women who have too many friends

Avoid women who cant manage their finances regardless of what they make. They would never be satisfied

I agree butterfly in tummy love is not enough. Be reasonable when in love

6 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by baldman: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu: She is very smart and always seeking for knowledge. Cos I always look out for smart people.

She is very resourceful. If you tell her about any problem she would have an intelligent opinion on how to resolve it.

She is a conservative spender , Unlike some women who buy frivolous things at the mall.

She has weathered a lot of storms in her life that many men might even have given up on life.

[b]Look out for[/

Avoid shine shine women who are made of Indian weave and pancake alone but empty

Avoid drama queens cos it might lead to abuse and groupies also women who have too many friends

Avoid women who cant manage their finances regardless of what they make. They would never be satisfied

I agree butterfly in tummy love is not enough. Be reasonable when in love

This is simply priceless... especially the drama queens and groupies. Thanks Mr. Dayokanu
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 25, 2013
baldman:

This is simply priceless... especially the drama queens and groupies. Thanks Mr. Dayokanu

They have found their woman and are dwelling more on her strong attributes. If you go by this, you might not find "the one".

Go out in the world, make friends and seethe one you are most comfortable with. They might not have these supposed attributes but something else that's is positive. Dwell on that! You alone knows where you should fit.

Eg, you might marry a smart woman today and begin to feel intimidated due to low self esteem, i then suggest you get not too smart woman so you can carry on with your ego. Everyone will write what worked for them, but this is a path you have to walk alone. Ce n'est pas facile but you can do it.

All the best smiley

See advice na! I try abeg! Now a cup of pineapple juice! wink

11 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by newpaparazzi(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
Chillisauce: OP, no go marry bald woman o. Make sure you see her natural hair before u marry.

Funniest post of the day. grin grin grin grin
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by baldman: 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
Thanks Chilisauce, I totally get you. The idea is not to be guided by what they saw in their respective women, it is more about the thought process and more particularly the factors one should consider. Trust me, this is not just me learning here but hundreds or more of other young men who might stumble on this and garner some wisdom from the contributions of the married men here and your very wise counsel too. I just want to learn and there is no better way to learn than from people who have been through that phase of trying to make up their mind about who to marry. Thanks and at Newpaparazzi, yea, it is funny but true. Mrs. Chilisauce love us bald and cute so it was the first thing she looked out for.

3 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by LewsTherin: 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
You know, try as I have, I can't really say what exactly informed my decision the way others on this thread have been listin them out. All I know is that she completes me. She's true. Not fake. She's good. And she's my best friend. I just couldn't be without her anymore. Not even for a day.

I always tell people, don't get married because "it's tine to settle down". Marry her because in all honesty, she completes your living. Anything less, why bother. Marriage is not easy. It takes work. Commitment. Compromise. Negotiation. Honesty. Lots of work. But once you get that all down, believe me, its blisssssssssssss cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by baldman: 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
that is another deep insight...it takes work! Thanks Mr. LewsTherin and may God continue to bless your home in Jesus name
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by shirleywhyte(f): 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
Are you looking for a wifey?? undecided
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by LewsTherin: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2013
^^^can't blame the dude for wanting to have a plan! wink
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by jhydebaba(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2013
I married her because she is a witch of the first order.

Look Out

Watch her while she sleeps, if her legs are neatly crossed and placed on the wall.

U need not look any further baldman.
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by jhydebaba(m): 9:20am On Jul 28, 2013
shirley whyte: Are you looking for a wifey?? undecided
yes wink
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by shirleywhyte(f): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2013
Okk, look no further, I'm here.
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by baldman: 11:36am On Aug 18, 2015
Hello all, please is there anyway we can get this topic back to the front page, I just went through it again and they are insights that shouldn't be buried. Lets have more contribution from the married men. Let us benefit from your wealth of experience.

1 Like

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by Chidoks(f): 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
I almost ignored this topic( afterall it's for men only) but on a second thought i decided to peep.i'm glad i did.the answers are simply insightful and it has made start evaluating myself.questions popping in my head
** why did he really marry me?
** Is that reason sustained??
hmnnn e be like say Oga go answer questions tonigt.( how will even raise the topic? no i will just let sleeping dogs lie joor)
But guys, are those reasons sustained? are there changes ?be it + or - .

3 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by xynerise: 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
#She is independent and determined. A great Asset I tell ya cool
#She makes good decisions in a very sensitive situation (Rare)

#She is endowed cool
#I never doubted my instincts from the first day we met unlike other girls undecided

Look out:
1. Parasites.
2. Pretenders: Be scared of a woman who doesn't want to make mistakes while you guys are dating.
3. Over dependent lady. Even ask for money for recharge card
4. Read from the scratch

2 Likes

Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by Nigga44: 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2015
baldman:
Hello all, please is there anyway we can get this topic back to the front page, I just went through it again and they are insights that shouldn't be buried. Lets have more contribution from the married men. Let us benefit from your wealth of experience.
Seeing that you created this thread in 2013, I would like to know if you're now married and what advice you have for intending single guys
Re: Please This Is Strictly For MARRIED MEN ONLY by ORALL: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
Seun,ishilove,royalroy,lalasticala...please this thread is worthy of front page...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suicide Is All I Can Think Of / Black People Are Fighting Back In D. C. (USA) - Video And Pictures / Ladies, How Do You Handle Sexual Urges While Single?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.