Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn (45606 Views)

The Moon Was Created By A Massive Collision Of Earth And A Mars-sized Planet / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! / The Most Amazing Pictures Of Earth (courtesy NASA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by caesaraba(m): 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
(whistles) Oh boy! Really puts things into perspective. One thing I believe, we are not alone in this vast Universe. See as dots full everywhere. We come dy job ourselves say na only us de.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by babseg(m): 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
caesaraba: (whistles) Oh boy! Really puts things into perspective. One thing I believe, we are not alone in this vast Universe. See as dots full everywhere. We come dy job ourselves say na only us de.

your comment is hard to be proven its just speculation
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by sicily4u: 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
makes no sense
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by 4reigningqueen: 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
i didnt even understand anything in the picture.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by xynerise: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
Where are earth's other brothers?
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by gbadexy(m): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
What strike ♍ƺ is the white luminous color of the earth and slightly duller color of the moon both reflecting the sun.
So how planet would look like a dot of star amongst countless stars when looked from just another planet.
Who really knows how many of the dots are stars and how many are huge not so far planets.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by kjhova(m): 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
This type of post will normally generate quite a bit of intelligent discuss in many other places but maybe not in my dear country. While many of our neighbours on the planet were busy saying "cheese" to the inter orbital photo shoot, many in our part of the globe had the least idea that such a thing is going on.
As we speak, the Int. Space Station, ISS, is fully operational, Voyager 1 & 2 space probes are crossing into inter stellar territory and Mars rover Curiosity is busy scooping soil, rocks and air sample from the red planet yet Africa stumbles on in her self created cesspool of greed, hatred, ignorance, non-challance to knowledge and general disconnection from the advancing of human capacity.

At any rate, isn't it a marvel that a picture of the Earth captured by a robot created by die hard atheists would generate such reverence for god(s) as is been expressed on this thread?

Just my thoughts really.

13 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Artlove(m): 5:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
coolest0: Where is the earth?
Pull ur old shoe u will know where d earth is
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by moshoodn(m): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
Is Earth that distant tiny spec of light

Na wa o!!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by babseg(m): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
moshoodn: Is Earth that distant tiny spec of light

Na wa o!!

u never know anything the space is huge and probably endless
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
WOW....WHITE MAGIC AKA SCIENCE/TECH AT IT'S BEST!! MEANWHILE...MONKEYS IN NIGERIA ARE BASHING EACH-OTHERS HEAD IN WITH A MACE
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by harbibi: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
This is awesome! If a fraction of the universe is this big and God is bigger than the entire universe then you can imagine how great a God we serve!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
[size=14pt] piece of crappie [/size]
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
kj_hova: This type of post will normally generate quite a bit of intelligent discuss in many other places but maybe not in my dear country. While many of our neighbours on the planet were busy saying "cheese" to the inter orbital photo shoot, many in our part of the globe had the least idea that such a thing is going on.
As we speak, the Int. Space Station, ISS, is fully operational, Voyager 1 & 2 space probes are crossing into inter stellar territory and Mars rover Curiosity is busy scooping soil, rocks and air sample from the red planet yet Africa stumbles on in her self created cesspool of greed, hatred, ignorance, non-challance to knowledge and general disconnection from the advancing of human capacity.

At any rate, isn't it a marvel that a picture of the Earth captured by a robot created by die hard atheists would generate such reverence for god(s) as is been expressed on this thread?

Just my thoughts really.

na so we see am oo.. the thing tire person.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by caesaraba(m): 6:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
babseg:

your comment is hard to be proven its just speculation

Hard to prove for the time being. But for us space enthusiasts, recent findings only go to strengthen our belief in E.T life. #Gridilocks zone and all that. (just a matter of time before we connect with other life forms out there). Cheers.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by theripper3: 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
I hate ASTRONOMY.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ichidodo: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
Aaaaw.Mama Earth.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by babseg(m): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
caesaraba:

Hard to prove for the time being. But for us space enthusiasts, recent findings only go to strengthen our belief in E.T life. #Gridilocks zone and all that. (just a matter of time before we connect with other life forms out there). Cheers.

I think its called Goldilocks zone ( habitable zone). and goldilock zone are not recent findings
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by soderican(m): 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
God laffs @ man wen he assumes unnecessary superiority. The earth and its fullness is dis tiny,hw much more man. Nuttin dey dis life!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by kjhova(m): 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
This images from Saturn sends ideas raging in my cranium.
Regular inter planetary travel is very likely within the next 50 to 100 years. The 3 main challenges to surmount are;
Fuel - Nuclear fission has already been used to more than half the time required for Curiosity to travel to Mars. further development in this area or maybe a whole new discovery could considerably reduce travel time across our solar system.
Toxic atmosphere of space - Following the example of a permanently inhabited International Space Station orbiting around Earth, it is technically possible to install inhabited stations or bases on every planet in our system. We only need to solve the small matter of oxygen supply, artificial gravity, communication with Earth and a bit more.
Cost/benefits: - Vast deposits of oils, minerals, metals, rocks & gases exists in many parts of our solar system. Soon very soon, a new space age set of explorers in the order of Mungo park, Marco Polo, Cecil Rhodes et al will march into these frontiers to create commercial activity around these resources. Then shall man become an inter-planetary being at least, if not yet inter-stellar!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by obinnakenedo(m): 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
lyricalpontiff: 2nd 2 comment
15-20
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by moshoodn(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
babseg:

u never know anything the space is huge and probably endless

Then if our most revered planet is this infinitesimally small in the universe, then we its inhabitants are nothing, maybe microscopic.

And for God to see us all and hear us all simultaneously makes Him Omniscient, Omnipotent, and Omnipresent.

God is infinitely great.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by redsun(m): 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
IT is amazing to think of the mechanism that controls and you wonder why some people are still ignorantly lost.

It is a a giant spinning disk in giant space of infinite galaxies.Just a little you know of how it works sets you free.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Ninilowo(m): 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
OH GOD OF MERCY!!!!!!
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by caesaraba(m): 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
babseg:

I think its called Goldilocks zone ( habitable zone). and goldilock zone are not recent findings

Sorry (auto-fill). The existence of the zone isn't a recent finding. However, there are recent findings as to the sheer number of earth-like planets which exist in that region of the universe. And there is a high possibility that a number of those planets do have the same exact composition of the earth's properties. Now, keeping the "God" phenomen aside (just for a while), this argument is very much scientifically viable. That extra-terrestrial life is existent isn't a big question for many, the problem is, we do not yet possess the technology to find it (them). On thing is sure, either we find it, or they find us. (Might not see it in this lifetime, but I know it's out there).

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Psylas(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
$hellyboi:
Everybody just want to make frontpage, wetin we fit learn from this nah...
na until dem upload Tonto Dike's picture ♈ōϋ go learn something?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nightshift(m): 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
I prefer to have a different view : some folks here on NL could actually be souls from planet Saturn. They will all return to Saturn when they die, before starting journey to another planet or star, in a different form.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by babseg(m): 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
caesaraba:

Sorry (auto-fill). The existence of the zone isn't a recent finding. However, there are recent findings as to the sheer number of earth-like planets which exist in that region of the universe. And there is a high possibility that a number of those planets do have the same exact composition of the earth's properties. Now, keeping the "God" phenomen aside (just for a while), this argument is very much scientifically viable. That extra-terrestrial life is existent isn't a big question for many, the problem is, we do not yet possess the technology to find it (them). On thing is sure, either we find it, or they find us. (Might not see it in this lifetime, but I know it's out there).

scientifically your are right wink
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by AbuMikey(m): 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
What if I say this Pic is fake?? undecided

Some animalistic fellas would start quoting me for some Idiotic comments!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by babseg(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
Abu Mikey: What if I say this Pic is fake?? undecided

Some animalistic fellas would start quoting me for some Idiotic comments!

I will say the picture may be enhanced
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ibedun: 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
This solidfies my believe in the nonexistence of the fraud God.

Now just watch the ignorant, uncultured, unaware wretched, black African fools lay into me.

Deal with it. It doesn't exist!
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Emmalexico(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
Our God is really wonderful. humans are just like ants before God.. Fear God because he is a consuming fire..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator / People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) / What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.