Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn (45604 Views)

The Moon Was Created By A Massive Collision Of Earth And A Mars-sized Planet / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! / The Most Amazing Pictures Of Earth (courtesy NASA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Blessmira: 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
@ Op, i wan 2 see picture of Venus taken from Uranus. Oya fotographer...... cheesy
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by yoged(m): 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
thelonestranger:

Foolish question.It should be where is the Sun?
The Sun don already sleep, na only Moon dey do 9t reading. 9t class tin
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by IAMBREEZY: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
GOD IS WONDERFUL
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by yoged(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
Van snickers:

Typical deluded response.
i pity ur life Mr schizoid
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Blackboss: 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Does it mean that i am in the blue dot? it cant be. i am bigger than that
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Vansnickers: 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
yoged: i pity ur life Mr schizoid

Do you know what a "Schizoid" is? If you want to believe if a "sky-daddy" be my Guest, it's your Life.

I still stand by what I've just said, THERE IS NO GOD!!!!!!

If you don't like it, go and kill yourself.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by paranorman(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
kj_hova: This images from Saturn sends ideas raging in my cranium.
Regular inter planetary travel is very likely within the next 50 to 100 years. The 3 main challenges to surmount are;
Fuel - Nuclear fission has already been used to more than half the time required for Curiosity to travel to Mars. further development in this area or maybe a whole new discovery could considerably reduce travel time across our solar system.
Toxic atmosphere of space - Following the example of a permanently inhabited International Space Station orbiting around Earth, it is technically possible to install inhabited stations or bases on every planet in our system. We only need to solve the small matter of oxygen supply, artificial gravity, communication with Earth and a bit more.
Cost/benefits: - Vast deposits of oils, minerals, metals, rocks & gases exists in many parts of our solar system. Soon very soon, a new space age set of explorers in the order of Mungo park, Marco Polo, Cecil Rhodes et al will march into these frontiers to create commercial activity around these resources. Then shall man become an inter-planetary being at least, if not yet inter-stellar!

this thaings remind of star wars.. Atimes, when me watch sci-fi movies, i just wish we'v gotten to the age where we posses the technologies displayed in this movies - one of me fantacies! But is all good. Wel, i still think we might have made contact with aliens before.. Artifacts of several extinct civilization showin/depictin oval flyin objects hoverin in dem sky with human worshpin'em, several documentaries tryin to prove this, and lots more... I remember this movie i watched, 'the forth kind' about physical contact with alien, scary if you ask me, but i love it.. If you havent seen it, you gotta see it cus it will increase ur curiosity... B'leve tha'
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by yoged(m): 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
Van snickers:

Do you know what a "Schizoid" is? If you want to believe if a "sky-daddy" be my Guest, it's your Life.

Good 4 u, i pity your life again.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Chris95(m): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
kj_hova: This type of post will normally generate quite a bit of intelligent discuss in many other places but maybe not in my dear country. While many of our neighbours on the planet were busy saying "cheese" to the inter orbital photo shoot, many in our part of the globe had the least idea that such a thing is going on.
As we speak, the Int. Space Station, ISS, is fully operational, Voyager 1 & 2 space probes are crossing into inter stellar territory and Mars rover Curiosity is busy scooping soil, rocks and air sample from the red planet yet Africa stumbles on in her self created cesspool of greed, hatred, ignorance, non-challance to knowledge and general disconnection from the advancing of human capacity.

At any rate, isn't it a marvel that a picture of the Earth captured by a robot created by die hard atheists would generate such reverence for god(s) as is been expressed on this thread?

Just my thoughts really.
What is dis one wittering about?
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Vansnickers: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
yoged: Good 4 u, i pity your life again.

Not as much as i pity you bro.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by sainty2k3(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
moshoodn: Is Earth that distant tiny spec of light

Na wa o!!

Yea, that's why Yoruba says 'Bintin laye' meaning the earth is tiny
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by rote231(m): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
caesaraba: (whistles) Oh boy! Really puts things into perspective. One thing I believe, we are not alone in this vast Universe. See as dots full everywhere. We come dy job ourselves say na only us de.

Confirm!! Pure jobbing. There's Life Everywhere,v faith and live good with God. "Utmost"
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Chris95(m): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
yoged: The Sun don already sleep, na only Moon dey do 9t reading. 9t class tin
Lmao...my broda abeg d sun doesnt sleep its always shining...hope u av learnt?
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by caesaraba(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
paranorman:

this thaings remind of star wars.. Atimes, when me watch sci-fi movies, i just wish we'v gotten to the age where we posses the technologies displayed in this movies - one of me fantacies! But is all good. Wel, i still think we might have made contact with aliens before.. Artifacts of several extinct civilization showin/depictin oval flyin objects hoverin in dem sky with human worshpin'em, several documentaries tryin to prove this, and lots more... I remember this movie i watched, 'the forth kind' about physical contact with alien, scary if you ask me, but i love it.. If you havent seen it, you gotta see it cus it will increase ur curiosity... B'leve tha'

Exactly. Ancient civilizations really had vast knowledge of Astrology (Astronomy) to buttress the speculations a particular school of thought which suggest that we've had contact with aliens before and that Infact, some of the monuments like the pyramids of Egypt, Stonehenge, etc where actually built using alien technology or by aliens themselves. Some go as far as suggesting that events like the landing of Obatala/Oduduwa could actually have been cases of Alien landings. They also suggest that at a point in our existence, man actually co-habited with aliens. Hence mentions of Giants and other creatures exist in virtually all our notable legends. (even in the bible).
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Chris95(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
Van snickers:

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
all in the name of religion and politics..
engineerd: WOW....WHITE MAGIC AKA SCIENCE/TECH AT IT'S BEST!! MEANWHILE...MONKEYS IN NIGERIA ARE BASHING EACH-OTHERS HEAD IN WITH A MACE
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nightshift(m): 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
Callimo:

Have you been there? In Bamako now on a 3 day tour to that place "Paye Dogon". What should I look out for and what questions should l ask ?
No, i haven't been to Mali. I read about the Dogons in a science journal. They are a fascinating tribe, their accurate knowledge of the movement of a twin star which wasn't even known to NASA surprised astrologers.
Some dumbfounded Western scientists who couldn't explain the Dogon's intelligence, believed that the Dogons could have had contact with the aliens that helped humans built the Egyptian Pyramids. The theory is that those aliens perhaps passed on to the Dogon some astrological knowledge during their contact.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
thank u , i stand with u
Van snickers:

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by delors(m): 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
Well, since nobody can fit to be able to sight the earth in the OP's pirated photos, I yav helped my broda to add the real earth to his photos...can you see it now now or can you not?

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ajasa4link: 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
I won't believe this until I see musiwa's satellite pictures

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by kjhova(m): 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
Emmalexico:
You called God who created the whole universe "a fraud God", have u wondered who/what made u sleep and wake up.. Read Genesis 1:1 down if at all u are a christian.. Do u know u can sleep without waking tonight. Only a fool says there is no God..

Well, there must be a whole army of "fools" on Earth then; seeing as Atheism is unofficially the fastest growing "religion" on Earth after Islam. Most religious orders are in decline & islam might soon follow that line after the dust of the Arab spring settles down.

At any rate, once the human species goes inter-planetry, the penchant for believing in gods or any type of deities should naturally die out.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by leonard509(m): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
lyricalpontiff: 2nd 2 comment
. .actually ur nt
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by jackbristow(m): 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
humm ,so what s nest. Are we close to end time yet.good news ;
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
babseg:

Galaxy is a collection of stars of which could contain about 100 billion of stars.

Planet earth is in the galaxy called the milkyway

I was only being sarcastic
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
Van snickers:

Dude, your post shows ignorance. Our Galaxy is the milky way galaxy.

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by kjhova(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
coastal queen: And how dO you know that everyone in NASA is an Atheist? Quit assuming there's no God,You need to apply at least Pascal's theory to ur life, what do u get in the end if you live like there's no God and later realize there's God? Great loss,which is ofcourse hell. Albeit if you live like there's God and in the end find out there isn't God what do you lose? Nothing.

Pascal's wager you mean? Well that's not such a new line of thought. It's a 13th century European reasoning, of unknown origin, in support of god. The only little problem with this wager is that if I then choose to have a god (against all common sense) just to escape some vaguely described eternal damnation, pray tell me, which of the gods created by human minds do I bow to? Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah, Buddah, Zoroaster, Zeus, Woden, Esu or Osiris?

You are right about one fact thou. Not all who work at NASA are anti god & I never suggested this to be so at an absolute rate.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by turl(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
kj_hova: This type of post will normally generate quite a bit of intelligent discuss in many other places but maybe not in my dear country. While many of our neighbours on the planet were busy saying "cheese" to the inter orbital photo shoot, many in our part of the globe had the least idea that such a thing is going on.
As we speak, the Int. Space Station, ISS, is fully operational, Voyager 1 & 2 space probes are crossing into inter stellar territory and Mars rover Curiosity is busy scooping soil, rocks and air sample from the red planet yet Africa stumbles on in her self created cesspool of greed, hatred, ignorance, non-challance to knowledge and general disconnection from the advancing of human capacity.

At any rate, isn't it a marvel that a picture of the Earth captured by a robot created by die hard atheists would generate such reverence for god(s) as is been expressed on this thread?

Just my thoughts really.

you sir, are a legend!
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Freiburger(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Wonderfull, the earth seems to be insignificant in the universe and God still love its Inhabitants.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by blackbeau1(f): 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
;DWhere are the people that left their important work to wave? I thought I would see their picture

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Vansnickers: 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy:

Pheww, you scared me there. We PH boys have to represent.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by coastalqueen: 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
kj_hova:

Pascal's wager you mean? Well that's not such a new line of thought. It's a 13th century European reasoning, of unknown origin, in support of god. The only little problem with this wager is that if I then choose to have a god (against all common sense) just to escape some vaguely described eternal damnation, pray tell me, which of the gods created by human minds do I bow to? Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah, Buddah, Zoroaster, Zeus, Woden, Esu or Osiris?

You are right about one fact thou. Not all who work at NASA are anti god & I never suggested this to be so at an absolute rate.
hey Mr fake smart ass. You had to google that up first? ℓ☺ℓ. Of course its Pascal's wager. Wanted to simplify it for your poor brain to comprehend. So,back to the issue on ground, you said and I quote 'picture of the Earth captured by a robot created by die hard ATHEISTs would generate such reverence for god(s)' I'll excuse your attempted twist to what you earlier said. Now on what God to serve? Well I advice the most high God, the one who created the heavens and the earth. That's God in heaven.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by yuncka: 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hmmmn, see as em juz small com dey luk innocent 4rn far, but d kyn evil wey full am no b here o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator / People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) / What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.