Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

… - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / (4437 Views)

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / 10 Myths About Muslims In The West / What I Observe About Muslims In Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
Re: … by thorpido(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
Me sef go like know.Why you have to take the long route and go round in circles before you then come to heaven?
Re: … by maclatunji: 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
I also want to know why OP lacks comprehension skills. There is no where in the hadith that says all Muslims will go to hell.

Believing in the (oneness) uniqueness of God guarantees that one will enter paradise. However, it does not guarantee freedom from hell. Why?

You have to add good deeds to your faith. Faith is not enough to avoid hell. It is possible to have a Muslim that steals, fornicates, lies etc. This are serious sins that could get a Muslim into hell. Islam is not based on deceit.

You believe in the Oneness and indivisibility of God, obey his laws and do good deeds and enter paradise by his mercy (May God make us one of these). The hadith refers to those who fall short of these standards and will be punished for their sins before gaining access to paradise.

Stop copy and pasting from antiIslamic websites. Study Islam independently.

4 Likes

Re: … by maclatunji: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
Any argument you may want to bring is dealt with here- http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/are_all_muslims_going_to_enter_hell_
Re: … by manmacho: 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
maclatunji: I also want to know why OP lacks comprehension skills. There is no where in the hadith that says all Muslims will go to hell.

Believing in the (oneness) uniqueness of God guarantees that one will enter paradise. However, it does not guarantee freedom from hell. Why?

You have to add good deeds to your faith. Faith is not enough to avoid hell. It is possible to have a Muslim that steals, fornicates, lies etc. This are serious sins that could get a Muslim into hell. Islam is not based on deceit.

You believe in the Oneness and indivisibility of God, obey his laws and do good deeds and enter paradise by his mercy (May God make us one of these). The hadith refers to those who fall short of these standards and will be punished for their sins before gaining access to paradise.

that means you have to be perfect; sinless to make paradise. are you perfect to be qualified for paradise.
to me sin is sin and every sin qualify the perpetrator for hell. as such, whether is once or countless you will be hellbound once you are at fault.
Re: … by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
maclatunji: I also want to know why OP lacks comprehension skills. There is no where in the hadith that says all Muslims will go to hell.

Of what use is your fast if it doesn't keep you from being unnecesarily insultive? I was actually genuinely curious and I got my hadith from this site not from any anti islamic site
http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/45-Sahih%20Bukhari%20Book%2012.%20Charecteristics%20Of%20Prayer/1325-sahih-bukhari-volume-001-book-012-hadith-number-770.html

The verse in the Qur'an says all mankind, including Muslims and non muslims will be brought to hell.

There will be no one of you who will not enter it (Hell).
This was an inevitable decree of your Lord.
Afterwards he may save some of the pious, God-fearing Muslims out of the burning fire then leave the wrong doers within it on their knees.
-- Sura 19:71-72

And the hadith says that there will be a bridge laid across hell for ALL the believers to cross and while the believers are crossing over hell fire, the thorns of Sadan will entangle them. Some will fall and stay in hell forever, some will be torn into pieces and then fall into hell and some will be taken out by the angels because of their marks of prostration. Nowhere in the hadith is it mentioned that any Muslim will successfully cross over to the other side of the bridge without falling into hell first.

There is no specification saying those who fall short of any standards are the people that will fall in hell.
Re: … by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
maclatunji: Any argument you may want to bring is dealt with here- http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/are_all_muslims_going_to_enter_hell_

I didn't click your link . I took your advice and decided to study Islam independently like you suggested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: … by thorpido(m): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2013

I have a question.If obeying all the laws and doing good deeds will get one into paradise,it then means a man must keep all the laws perfectly and his good deeds must be perfect too.If he doesn't give money even when he has,then it means he has fallen short of it.if he doesn't pray 5 times in a day at the right time,he has fallen short of it.If he breaks his fast inadvertently at any ramadan period,he has fallen short of it.Does it mean that kind of man will first go to hell before he is now brought out?
Re: … by maclatunji: 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
E_monkey:

I didn't click your link . I took your advice and decided to study Islam independently like you suggested.

I laugh in Spanish. No need to ask questions then. Stay as you are.
Re: … by maclatunji: 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
thorpido: I have a question.If obeying all the laws and doing good deeds will get one into paradise,it then means a man must keep all the laws perfectly and his good deeds must be perfect too.If he doesn't give money even when he has,then it means he has fallen short of it.if he doesn't pray 5 times in a day at the right time,he has fallen short of it.If he breaks his fast inadvertently at any ramadan period,he has fallen short of it.Does it mean that kind of man will first go to hell before he is now brought out?

Again your interpretation is wrong. I did not say you have to be perfect and you are not expected to be sinless to qualify. Avoid the major sins is the requirement. An explanation of major sins that lead to hell are given here-

http://islamgreatreligion./2009/07/03/evil-deeds-that-lead-one-to-hell/

If you don't repent of these sins as a Muslim, you risk hell.
Re: … by maclatunji: 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
E_monkey:

Of what use is your fast if it doesn't keep you from being unnecesarily insultive? I was actually genuinely curious and I got my hadith from this site not from any anti islamic site
http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/45-Sahih%20Bukhari%20Book%2012.%20Charecteristics%20Of%20Prayer/1325-sahih-bukhari-volume-001-book-012-hadith-number-770.html

The verse in the Qur'an says all mankind, including Muslims and non muslims will be brought to hell.

There will be no one of you who will not enter it (Hell).
This was an inevitable decree of your Lord.
Afterwards he may save some of the pious, God-fearing Muslims out of the burning fire then leave the wrong doers within it on their knees.
-- Sura 19:71-72

And the hadith says that there will be a bridge laid across hell for ALL the believers to cross and while the believers are crossing over hell fire, the thorns of Sadan will entangle them. Some will fall and stay in hell forever, some will be torn into pieces and then fall into hell and some will be taken out by the angels because of their marks of prostration. Nowhere in the hadith is it mentioned that any Muslim will successfully cross over to the other side of the bridge without falling into hell first.

There is no specification saying those who fall short of any standards are the people that will fall in hell.

You have already answered the question. The bridge of Sirat passes over hell. Clear explanation given here http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?284673-The-sirat-bridge

I might be blunt but your interpretation is to be amplified by antiIslamic sources. I don't intend to make you feel bad but we must be honest.
Re: … by truthman2012(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hummm!

Would any muslim know the hadith and quranic interpretations more than Sahih Bukhari? The meaning of Bukhari Vol. 1, Book 12, Num. 770 is soo clear even to a primary school pupil.

Any need for an islamic scholar twisting it? Even Muhammad is said to cross from hell first. If Muhammad is therein, which muslim can be said to have better deed than him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: … by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=
Re: … by thorpido(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Again your interpretation is wrong. I did not say you have to be perfect and you are not expected to be sinless to qualify. Avoid the major sins is the requirement. An explanation of major sins that lead to hell are given here-

http://islamgreatreligion./2009/07/03/evil-deeds-that-lead-one-to-hell/

If you don't repent of these sins as a Muslim, you risk hell.
Oh ok,now I understand the requirements for a muslim.
Re: … by maclatunji: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
E_monkey:

Thanks for your contributions and sorry I upset you, I was just trying to get back at you for saying I have comprehension problems.

I still didn't click any of your links though.

Then you are missing a lot. The first one answers your question from your own perspective first.

You need to review your understanding of the Qur'an though.
Re: … by maclatunji: 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
The Fruits of Eman (10): Ease and Light
Crossing the Sirat
19) Ease and Light Crossing the Sirat
Towards the end of Judgement Day–a day that
will last 50 000 years (Surah Al-Maarij, verse
4), after the judgement has been decreed,
the people will have to cross the Sirat–a
bridge sharper then a sword and thinner then
a hair, that runs over Hell–in order to get to
Jannah. People will fall off–there will be hooks
like thorns of a size known only to Allah, to
snag people into the Fire. Some people will be
cut up into pieces as they fall into the Fire.
In Surah Maryam, Allah (ﻰﻟﺎﻌﺗﻭ ﻪﻧﺎﺤﺒﺳ) says:
ﺎًّﻴِﻀْﻘَّﻣ ﺎًﻤْﺘَﺣ َﻚِّﺑَﺭ ﻰَﻠَﻋ َﻥﺎَﻛ ﺎَﻫُﺩِﺭﺍَﻭ ﺎَّﻟِﺇ ْﻢُﻜﻨِّﻣ ﻥِﺇَﻭ
Translation: Not one of you but will pass over
it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must
be accomplished. (Surah Maryam, verse 71)
That is–each and every single one of us
must cross the Sirat. That’s difficult enough–
imagine doing it in complete darkness. Why?
Allah ( ﻪﻧﺎﺤﺒﺳ ﻰﻟﺎﻌﺗﻭ ) will destroy all lights.
There will be no lights–no sun, no moon, no
stars, nothing. And every human will be
thrown into that darkness, a darkness we
cannot even fathom. But there will be light–
and where will that light come from.
Every human being will have a personal
flashlight–his or her body will shine. The light
is from their eman. The stronger the eman,
the stronger the light shines.

In Surah Hadeed, Allah (ﻰﻟﺎﻌﺗﻭ ﻪﻧﺎﺤﺒﺳ) says:
َﻦْﻴَﺑ ﻢُﻫُﺭﻮُﻧ ﻰَﻌْﺴَﻳ ِﺕﺎَﻨِﻣْﺆُﻤْﻟﺍَﻭ َﻦﻴِﻨِﻣْﺆُﻤْﻟﺍ ﻯَﺮَﺗ َﻡْﻮَﻳ
ﻦِﻣ ﻱِﺮْﺠَﺗ ٌﺕﺎَّﻨَﺟ َﻡْﻮَﻴْﻟﺍ ُﻢُﻛﺍَﺮْﺸُﺑ ﻢِﻬِﻧﺎَﻤْﻳَﺄِﺑَﻭ ْﻢِﻬﻳِﺪْﻳَﺃ
ُﻢﻴِﻈَﻌْﻟﺍ ُﺯْﻮَﻔْﻟﺍ َﻮُﻫ َﻚِﻟَﺫ ﺎَﻬﻴِﻓ َﻦﻳِﺪِﻟﺎَﺧ ُﺭﺎَﻬْﻧَﺄْﻟﺍ ﺎَﻬِﺘْﺤَﺗ
Translation: One Day shalt thou see the
believing men and the believing women- how
their Light runs forward before them and by
their right hands: (their greeting will be):
“Good News for you this Day! Gardens beneath
which flow rivers! to dwell therein for aye! This
is indeed the highest Achievement!” (Surah
Hadeed, verse 12)

There will be so much light for the believers,
they will be able to see everything, the whole
horizon lit up for them. And they will race over
the bridge faster then the speed of light, then
faster then a galloping horse, then a sprinter,
a walker, and a crawler until the person with
the lowest level of eman crosses (he’s at the
fasiq point), his light will be so little that his
big toe will flicker on. He’ll take one step, and
it’ll flicker off. He’ll freeze, not knowing if it
will turn on again.

We can express this in a simple equation:
eman = faster crossing + brighter light.
And crossing the bridge is a punishment–you
look down and see the fire of Hell. And there
will be hooks reaching out, hooks with thorns
to snag the people destined for the Hellfire.
May Allah make us all among those who cross
in the twinkling of an eye, and protect us from
falling into the Hellfire, even for a moment.

http://www.ilmfruits.com/2006/the-fruits-of-eman-10/

1 Like

Re: … by manmacho: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2013
guess some muslims need to learn some tight rope skills before they die. imagine a religion without any assurance of salvation. your fate is so uncertain here you are praying that God should protect you from falling into hell. SIMPLY PUT YOU ARE NOT SURE OF YOUR EMAN. WHATEVER YOU CALL IT.

Bro. you can be certian in Christ and Christ alone, you can have that assurance now while the mercy of God is availble. One thing remains an iota of sin we send you plundering into hell. God don't do sin he is too perfect for that.

1 Like

Re: … by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
manmacho: guess some muslims need to learn some tight rope skills before they die. imagine a religion without any assurance of salvation. your fate is so uncertain here you are praying that God should protect you from falling into hell. SIMPLY PUT YOU ARE NOT SURE OF YOUR EMAN. WHATEVER YOU CALL IT.

Contradictions everywhere. In the Koran Allah says they will all be assembled inside hell fire and in the hadith Muhammed said they won't end up in hell but will do some tight rope competition before they go to heaven.
The same contradiction is found in under age marriage, Allah forbade under age marriage and at the same time he approved Moh's marriage to Aisha and gives them directions for divorcing pre adolescent girls in the Koran.

1 Like

Re: … by truthman2012(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
NL member:

Contradictions everywhere. In the Koran Allah says they will all be assembled inside hell fire and in the hadith Muhammed said they won't end up in hell[b] but will do some tight rope competition before they go to heaven.[/b]
The same contradiction is found in under age marriage, Allah forbade under age marriage and at the same time he approved Moh's marriage to Aisha and gives them directions for divorcing pre adolescent girls in the Koran.

Even the tight robe competition is done from inside hell. For how long are they going to stay inside the hell before the Day of Resurrection when the competition will begin? All those that had died more than 1000 years ago are there waiting for the day of Judgment. To be in hellfire for a second is like being there for a million years. Tell me, why would God want his people that are qualified for heaven to be in hell first?

This issue of hell competition is in both quran and hadith yet they will say it is a lie. Who is lying? The quran or the hadith?

1 Like

Re: … by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
@NL Member and Truthman2012; I am posting below Quran 19 verses 64 to 73. Please show me where it any says all muslims without a single person will burn in hell, in spite of their being "believers" in the Sight of Allah. You can go to any portion of the Quran and pick a verse to show me what I request of you. The reason I posted this section below is what I see the non muslims drawing their conclusion from. But it does not conclude so. So who is lying, you or us who saying you are wrong Allah is Truth and His Holy Prophet [sa] is truth?

19; 64 [Gabriel said], "And we [angels] descend not except by the order of your Lord. To Him belongs that before us and that behind us and what is in between. And never is your Lord forgetful -

19:65 Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them - so worship Him and have patience for His worship. Do you know of any similarity to Him?"

19:66 And the disbeliever says, "When I have died, am I going to be brought forth alive?"

19:67 Does man not remember that We created him before, while he was nothing?

19:68 So by your Lord, We will surely gather them and the devils; then We will bring them to be present around Hell upon their knees.

19:69 Then We will surely extract from every sect those of them who were worst against the Most Merciful in insolence.

19:70 Then, surely it is We who are most knowing of those most worthy of burning therein.

19:71 And there is none of you except he will come to it. This is upon your Lord an inevitability decreed.

19:72 Then We will save those who feared Allah and leave the wrongdoers within it, on their knees.

19:73 And when Our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, those who disbelieve say to those who believe, "Which of [our] two parties is best in position and best in association?"

@nl member: the 'they will all be assembled inside hell" are the non muslims. though there will be lukewarm muslims among them, you can expect disbeliever Pharaoh, Satan, etc, the liars upon Jesus. The hadith explains the Quran. that should be something you can figure out; we do tight rope here on earth to get to what is good or do good. Good doesn't come cheap. Its good that at least Allah forbids underage marriage. Muhammad [sa] married a wife [ra] if she was underage and was able to handle a married life with a prophet of God that was a miracle. The truth is that she was not underage and i have responded to it because hadith must agree with Quran to even be considered worth analyzing. Anyone can use guidance to end in misguidance just like using automobile for evil deed when it is actually something meant to benefit man. God hates evil and evil can not produce good.

@Truthman2012; When does over it becomes inside it? I guess you are over your house when you are inside it. No or is it because you dont know how to read and digest what you read or you are just playing 'christian"? if you see how they bury the christians in the west, that is the beginning of hell. Crossing is gonna be for all nations, including the nation of Paul because has nothing to do with you. this very reason we are calling you to guidance.
Re: … by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Roypcain,

Suratul Maryam says in verse 71:
"There is none of you except he will come to it (hell). This is upon your lord an inevitability decreed"

So there you go pal, you muslims will all be brought to hell. Start to prepare yourself ok?

By the way I wanted to ask you Roypcain why is it that in Suratul Anbiyaa Allah said Muslims will not be brought near hell and they will not hear the sounds of hell but in Suratul Maryam he says Muslims will all be brought to hell? isn't Allah contradicting himself in those two verses?

Suratul Anbiya verse 101
"Indeed those for whom the best has preceded from us, they are far removed (from hell). They will not hear its sound while they are in that which their souls desire, abiding eternally".

Why is Allah contradicting the verses?

1 Like

Re: … by truthman2012(m): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ RoyPCain

You have a serious problem. After everybody has seen clearly from Bukhari and quran that muslims are in hell till the day of resurrection when they will cross to heaven, you are still looking for where they said so. Keep looking. You are in the forefront of self-deceivers.

1 Like

Re: … by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
RoyPcain: Its good that at least Allah forbids underage marriage. Muhammad [sa] married a wife [ra] if she was underage and was able to handle a married life with a prophet of God that was a miracle. The truth is that she was not underage and i have responded to it because hadith must agree with Quran to even be considered worth analyzing.

In suratul Talaq verse 4, Allah gave muslims step by step instructions on how to divorce preadolescent children. Why would he deem it necessary to give you directives on how to divorce children if marrying them is forbidden?

1 Like

Re: … by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
This link put a lot of your arguments in clear perspective;

www.nairaland.com/1370568/myths-truths-islam-exposé
Re: … by truthman2012(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
FrostyZonn: This link put a lot of your arguments in clear perspective;

www.nairaland.com/1370568/myths-truths-islam-exposé

Interesting.
Re: … by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Nl member; before you get to verse 71, you have to read say 66, 67, 68 and then you can read 69 thru 71. thats how to read and you dont pick out 71 when it is part of a collection, that tells who will go to hell; the disbelievers as a whole and criminals [hypocrites and those who commit big sins and didnt seek repentance] among the muslims. it is disingenuous that all muslims were meant by 71 and non christians are exempted. read again for understanding.

19:66 And the disbeliever says, "When I have died, am I going to be brought forth alive?"

19:67 Does man not remember that We created him before, while he was nothing?

19:68 So by your Lord, We will surely gather them and the devils; then We will bring them to be present around Hell upon their knees.

@truthman2012; english is a language i read, speak and write effortlessly, everyday of the week, for business or please. so it is impossible for me to have problem about the language and you are the one to correct me. Laiye yi ko.

I dream in english, it is my local language. everyone around me now speak english and no other language. read the section of the Quran again and pay attention to the fact that it start disbelievers of the Quran doubting the possibility of the day of judgment in verse 66. then verse addressed all mankind about their creation.

in both verses, you are in them. i am only in the all mankind with you. If muslim goes to hellfire, definitely no non muslim will escape it, if you are using the Quran as the means of telling of telling you who goes to hell.

Finally, i doubt if you know that the bridge is always over what it is constructed over so that you do not enter it. So a bridge over a river protects you to go from one side of it to the other without getting into the water below. so the sirat over Hell serves the same purpose.

the hadith is an explanation of that verse. the hooks will catch disbelievers and drags him to hell, he was not herded into it already before get on the bridge. The hook will drag hypocrites among the muslims, the big sinners who didnt seek forgiveness and died without seeking repentance.

did you read all apostles; prophets [as] will cross it? so i dont know who can read english and understand it, except you between the two of us.
Re: … by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 25, 2013
@nl member:
by NL member: 5:58pm

RoyPcain: Its good that at least Allah forbids underage marriage. Muhammad [sa] married a wife [ra] if she was underage and was able to handle a married life with a prophet of God that was a miracle. The truth is that she was not underage and i have responded to it because hadith must agree with Quran to even be considered worth analyzing.

In suratul Talaq verse 4, Allah gave muslims step by step instructions on how to divorce preadolescent children. Why would he deem it necessary to give you directives on how to divorce children if marrying them is forbidden?

i took the liberty to post verse 3 and 5 sandwiching verse 4 for understanding:

And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.

65:4 And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease.

65:5 That is the command of Allah , which He has sent down to you; and whoever fears Allah - He will remove for him his misdeeds and make great for him his reward.

i have a very dear from ethiopia who until she got to the states before she began to have regular men.ses. she was a professor in ethiopia before she emigrated and until she found a suitor, she give her situation of no period at all or definitely irregular as if it never happened a thought. is this what is addressed or part of it? What we know is that no marriage except a person, male or female reaches puberty. there is no clear cut age for this. but there are signs for it, including voice breaking, etc for male.

for women, it is more extensive including tissue growth where appropriate, wideness of some area of the body. menstruation is not the only sign of reach puberty. maybe you need to read about it and realize that a woman may have health issue, though has definitely reach puberty but has not experienced the month thing.

teens.webmd.com/girls/facts-about-puberty-girls‎
Girls and Puberty

Girls, see if this sounds familiar. You look in a mirror one morning and notice you're taller -- and rounder. Through your nightgown, you see your breasts are bigger. You don't remember looking like that a few weeks ago! Over the next few weeks, you start noticing hair in places you've never had hair before. You've heard girls at school talk about getting their periods, and you wonder if that will happen to you soon. You feel ultraconfident, and then super sensitive -- all in the same day. What in the world is going on? Welcome to puberty.

Technically speaking, puberty is nature's way of transforming a child into an adult, all for the sake of reproduction. While both girls and boys go through puberty, girls reach puberty and sexual maturity at earlier ages than boys do. . . .

www.nytimes.com/2012/.../puberty-before-age-10-a-new-normal.html?
One day last year when her daughter, Ainsley, was 9, Tracee Sioux pulled her out of her elementary school in Fort Collins, Colo., and drove her an hour south, to Longmont, in hopes of finding a satisfying reason that Ainsley began growing pubic hair at age 6. Ainsley was the tallest child in her third-grade class. She had a thick, enviable blond-streaked ponytail and big feet, like a puppy’s. The curves of her Levi’s matched her mother’s. . . .

. . . . “Have you seen Western doctors for this?” Allomong asked.
Tracee laughed. “Yes, many,” she said. “None suggested any course of action. They left us hanging.” She repeated for Allomong what she told me in the car: “They seem to have changed the definition of ‘normal.’ ”

For many parents of early-developing girls, “normal” is a crazy-making word, especially when uttered by a doctor; it implies that the patient, or patient’s mother, should quit being neurotic and accept that not much can be done. Allomong listened intently. He nodded and took notes, asking Tracee detailed questions about her birth-control history and validating her worst fears by mentioning the “extremely high levels” of estrogen-mimicking chemicals in the food and water supply. . . .

. . . .In the late 1980s, Marcia Herman-Giddens, then a physician’s associate in the pediatric department of the Duke University Medical Center, started noticing that an awful lot of 8- and 9-year-olds in her clinic had sprouted pubic hair and breasts. The medical wisdom, at that time, based on a landmark 1960 study of institutionalized British children, was that puberty began, on average, for girls at age 11. But that was not what Herman-Giddens was seeing. So she started collecting data, eventually leading a study with the American Academy of Pediatrics that sampled 17,000 girls, finding that among white girls, the average age of breast budding was 9.96. Among black girls, it was 8.87. . . .

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Puberty/Pages/Symptoms.asp
Symptoms of puberty

Physical changes that occur during puberty are usually marked by distinct stages of development known as Tanner stages. These were named after the child development expert, James Mourilyan Tanner, who first identified them.

The Tanner stages give average dates of development, although there can be significant variation among children and teenagers. You should not worry if you reach a stage of puberty before or after your friends do. . . .
Re: … by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 25, 2013
@Roypcain,

With regards to your first post: I didn't say only Muslims will be brought to hell. I meant they will be brought to hell along with the rest of mankind like Allah said in verse 71 and 72 ie "does man not remember when we created him from nothing, surely we will bring them to hell etc.

RoyPCain:
menstruation is not the only sign of reach puberty. maybe you need to read about it and realize that a woman may have health issue, though has definitely reach puberty but has not experienced the month thing.

Allah was not referring to women who do not menstruate because of health issues. He was referring to underage preadolescent children as we can see from this sound Sahih hadith

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 63: Narrated Sahl bin Sad: While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (Qur'an 65.4) And the 'Iddat [waiting period before remarriage] for the girl before puberty is three months (in the above Verse).
The last lines are what the man knows of the Quran.

These Tafsir also agree with me that Allah was talking about underage children.

Tafsir Ibn Kathir; Allah the Exalted clarifies the waiting period of the woman in menopause. And that is the one whose menstruation has stopped due to her older age. Her Iddah is three months instead of the three monthly cycles for those who menstruate, which is based upon the Ayah in Surat Al-Baqarah : 2:228. The same for the young, who have not reached the years of menstruation. Their Iddah is three months like those in menopause.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn; And [as for] those of your women who (read allā’ī or allā’i in both instances) no longer expect to menstruate, if you have any doubts, about their waiting period, their prescribed [waiting] period shall be three months, and [also for] those who have not yet menstruated, because of their young age, their period shall [also] be three months — both cases apply to other than those whose spouses have died; for these [latter] their period is prescribed in the verse: they shall wait by themselves for four months and ten [days] [Q. 2:234]. ...

Tanwîr al-Miqbâs min Tafsîr Ibn ‘Abbâs; (And for such of your women as despair of menstruation) because of old age, (if ye doubt) about their waiting period, (their period (of waiting) shall be three months) upon which another man asked: “O Messenger of Allah! What about the waiting period of those who do not have menstruation because they are too young?” (along with those who have it not) because of young age, their waiting period is three months.
Re: … by igbeke: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
These verses of The Holy Bible will help:

Ecclesiastes 12:13
This is the end of the matter. All has been heard. Fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.

Deuteronomy 32:29
Oh that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end!

John 14:5
Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going. How can we know the way?"
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

Hebrews 12:2
looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.
Re: … by alexis(m): 7:27am On Jul 27, 2013
igbeke: These verses of The Holy Bible will help:

Ecclesiastes 12:13
This is the end of the matter. All has been heard. Fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.

Deuteronomy 32:29
Oh that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end!

John 14:5
Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going. How can we know the way?"
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

Hebrews 12:2
looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.

This is not a Christtian/Muslim comparison. The thread is about Islam teaching on Hell and how it affects muslims. The verses in the Bible is not related to the topic in anyway. These are some of the excuses Maclatunji will use to hide your post, lock the thread or call other trolls.
Re: … by inayeth1: 6:00am On Jun 06, 2015
Assalamualaikum. You have it wrong. Every person will pass over hell. But not all will fall into it. Imagine a loose bridge between two high cliffs. When you walk over it, it swings dangerously. If a billion people were to cross it, theres no chance that all of them would reach the other side. Some of them would fall inside. Thats whats being referred to here. Theres a bridge over hell fire that people have to cross to get into heaven. The ones who fall only fall because of their evil acts and they're punished accordingly. The ones who pass only pass according to their good deeds and Allah saves them from the torment. However getting into heaven does not mean that you have to be PERFECT. Rather it means that you just need to have more good deeds than bad deeds. If you have more good deeds than bad deeds then you enter heaven. And the more good deeds you have the higher your position in heaven is. Thats how it works.

(1) (Reply)

Politics From An Islamic Perspectives / Eid Mubarak To Muslims Around The World / Black Descendants Of Adam Will Enter Hell-fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.