Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,527 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan (1620 Views)

PHOTOS: Fat Police Woman Causes Stir In Lagos As She Sits On Passenger Laps / Buhari, Sylva Campaign Posters Cause Stir In Bayelsa / Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by ZACHIE: 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
OLA AJAYI, IBADAN

Hundreds of residents of Ibadan, Tuesday, rushed out to catch a glimpse of a strange fish which was said to have human parts at Asaka compound area of the city.

The incident happened at Ile Akindele when a fish seller noticed the strange creature after removing the wrap of a frozen fish.

Ramota, who was said to be the fish seller reportedly, raised alarm to attract others to the strange sight.
She said, “I went to where we usually buy fish at Kola Eleja, Oke Ado, Ibadan. After I finished, I boarded Okada to my place to prepare the fish for sale.

Before getting the fish out of the ice-pack, we needed to use knife to remove them and use water to de-freeze. I was shocked to see the frozen fish developed into a living being in the water, the description of which showed half human and half fish. I quickly called my father and some Alfas to see the strange fish”.

The father of the woman, a retired civil servant, Pa Rauf Salawu who corroborated the story said he had never seen such a thing before.

He narrated his own side of the story saying, “it was around 11am, when I started hearing the voice of my daughter while I was resting on my bed. She was shouting and screaming to the extent that people in the compound were attracted.

Then, I decided to check what was the problem. I took along my Quran and on getting there, my daughter had gone to call another Muslim leader in the neighbourhood.

I saw the strange fish inside water in the bucket . It was strange, how can a fish bought in the cold room develop into human. That I cannot fully explain.”

Due to the crowd, police men from Mapo police station were there to control the crowd.

The fish seller was then taken into the custody of the police. Several calls made to the police were not picked.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/strange-fish-causes-stir-in-ibadan/#sthash.ppro1PoM.7aqyFjPz.dpuf

Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by ZACHIE: 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
My first comment before anybody else,s is: The there should be a section for bizarre and weird news, the strange happenings around us, the unexplainable and the damned idiotic, like this one.
So that when things come to a head and you need a good laugh, you just go there.
Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by alienvirus: 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
Any pic pls?

1 Like

Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by ZACHIE: 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
alienvirus: Any pic pls?

here:
Strangely, the strange fish refused to have its picture posted here. It keeps winking at me each time i try to upload the picture.
eru m ba mi o....proper ibadan fear dey catch me now

1 Like

Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by alienvirus: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
ZACHIE:

here:
Strangely, the strange fish refused to have its picture posted here. It keeps winking at me each time i try to upload the picture.
eru m ba mi o....proper ibadan fear dey catch me now
End shall never wonder.
Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by mancheeutd(m): 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
mtew anybody that believes this trash needs to be examined rubish
Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by Horus(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
No video No picture!, so dont waist our time. Some journalists are just lazy
Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by baby124: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
*yimu*

This is the cause of a high level of joblessness in the land, and hallucination from deep hunger cry
Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by Amansu(f): 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
alienvirus: Any pic pls?

No pictures and yet Nairaland deemed it credible enough to publish this fish tale!Can someone get serious!
Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by Horus(m): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by Tapout(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
...Police eh...y was d fish seller taken into custody
Re: Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan by bukky5: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2013
Tapout: ...Police eh...y was d fish seller taken into custody
I taya ooooo

(1) (Reply)

Strike:patients Discharged Prematurely By UCH Regardless Of Their Condition. / K / Akpabio’s Kinsmen Disown Him Over Attah, Etiebet; Say Poverty Ravaging Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.