Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Share Your Yam Moments - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Yam Moments (16470 Views)

Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Pictures Of A Yam That Resembles A Folded Fist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Odunharry(m): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yam Yam Yam..hmmm
*crying cos i dnt knw aw 2 start*

ok na,ds na d gist...
I remembr sm years back,yam make me c devil n angel...
I go eat 5 big yam make be lyk pussy cat head.i eat first 1 ntng hapn,2nd notng hapn,3rd,4th na d 5th 1 i dey,lo and bhold evrywia dy dark,i ask maself weda na rapture or na nyt...breathe i no fit e b lyk say dm put 2 bag of cement on top ma chest,talk na 4 wia i turn bebebe(dumb).
B4 i knw wetin dy happen,i notic say ground mak i sit dwn deep and i dy fly,wetin dy happen 2 me i no fit tink wel,i no fit shout..i dy wnder if na end tym truly...i see dark plac n white at d same tym..
Abi i dn paralyse?chaii,
i wishd pipu ard me knew wat was happenin 2 me..
I was saying in my mind na lyk ds pipu tak dey die o and i neva ready 2 go anywia nw,i lyk ds earth and i neva even old reach...

then i remembr,"he that is in u is greater than anytng in the world",i no knw wtn hapn i shout jesus and b4 i knw wtn hapn evrywia turn normal..
Dat day,i gav respect to Mr.Yam.

My fellow nairalander,make una help me shout halleluyah abeg,
praiiiiiiiiiiissssssseeeeeeeeee d lord..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by ATMCARD2(m): 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
Afam4eva: Yam is one of the staple foods in Nigeria and is eaten by majority of Nigerians. It's one of those foods that are easy to make cos it doesn't take a lot of dexterity to prepare yam especially white yam that can be eaten with oil. But behind this popular meal lies a very dangerous food that can knock one out in a matter of seconds if not properly eaten or if not respected as the horror that it is. I will share the encounter i had with this monstrous thing we call food and i want you guyz to share yours too.

About 5 years ago, while everybody in my family left for church. I was the only one who didn't go. Around 11 am, i was hungry and i checked the fridge to see if there was anything i could eat or at least chew to douse the tension in my stomach but the fridge was virtually barren. But on checking one of the pots, here layed 4 pieces of yams that remained from the previous day. I'm not really a Yam fan but i had no other choice to pick from so i had to manage what i had. The thing about cooked yams is that they get stronger by the day. But that didn't deter me. I warmed it a little bit and dished it unto my plate to have a good meal. But little did i know that what layed in in a matter of minutes was best unimagined. There was not drinkable water in the house. Even the taps were not running. So, there was no water at all whether drinkable or otherwise. Anyways, i took my yam with the oil on it and headed for the sitting room. I ate the first mould and then the second. I was about to do the same for the third until i encountered what millions of Nigerians dreaded having an encounter with. I don't know what happened cos i wasn't talking but the yam took a mind of it's own and decided to knock me out. There i was sitted gasping for breadth. I managed to rush to the kitchen and checked the fridge but there was no water. I turned on the tap but there was still not water. There and then, i resigned to my fate and said my last prayer which went thus "Lord, if you save me from this, i will serve you forever". I thought i was being punished for not going to church that morning. At this moment, i was crawling and heading for the door but as soon as i got close to the door, everything gradually came back to normal. Since that day i've been giving Yams the respect that they deseve. Before i munch my yam, i check it there's both drinkable and undrinkable water and they're always by my side incase anything goes wrong. I advise ya'll to do same cos the yam we know is better than the yam we don't know.

If you have any similar stories, pls share them to people can learn.
Who wants 2 join me?Is ADAOBI arnd?

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by longjon: 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nigeria accounts for about 75 % of the world's yam production
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Uglyduckling: 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
I don't have any yam moments, or do I say my yam moments are the awesome feelings I derive from eating yam. I could eat yam daily for the rest of my life, trust me I've done it before. Yam meal of any type; yam balls, yam porridge, yam pottage, fried yam, yam cubes etc. My favourite is roasted yam and palm oil, ate it daily for almost 5months straight. And don't think me weird but the harder the yam, the sweeter it is to me.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by trolling(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
yam is two dollar a pound,yam take style cost here
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by badmeat(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
My yam moment,grin,just saw a girl with Yam legsgrin,grin
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by trolling(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
bad meat: My yam moment,grin,just saw a girl with Yam legsgrin,grin
lol grin
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
omg it's the most beautiful thing in the world, for real though
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by badmeat(m): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
adaobi123:

Wth is new yam ?
which kind yeye formings be this

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
Oh I love yam.
I peel the yam. Then peel sweet potatoes dice them into tiny pieces so that it'll melt in the porridge. Then add fresh tomatoes,onions,salt,dry fish,red oil,fresh pepper,scent leaf.
Cook until the yam is very tender.
And trust me,this gives a very nice and memorable "yam moment" smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by nikkyshyne(f): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
ItsModella:
I LOVEEEEEE new yam.
Huh?? You love that bitter, tasteless soft yam?? Even with sugar and little water that yam is cursed!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by code0: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
onila:

this is paradise on earth shocked shocked

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1214822_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687[/img]

THE ILLUMATI LET OBAMA MICROCHIP TAKE
ON NIGERIA. THE 77 VIRGINS SINGS WITH
JOY. OH OBAMA, OH NIGERIA.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Enedane(f): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
Chillisauce: I remember days in the university, reading and preparing for exams, so no cooking because if I do, my friends will finish everything one hand. So I was just eating out and indomie once in a while.

It got to a point I wasn't feeding very well but I must finish my exams first. Most important. After exams, I went home and I know my house to have food all the time, whether you have someone in the house or not.

I got home, saw this yam and fried egg stew sauce, omoh! I just started munching the thing cheesy..

I ate and ate and ate...all the ones I didn't eat during exams, ;Dafter eating I then took water and lay down for digestion.

Hmmmm, the wonders began, my stomach went crazy, I couldn't breathe, felt pains and I started screaming, my dad was home so he tried taking me to the car for hospital, I couldn't even get up, I was almost dead. He asked what I ate, I said maybe the yam was poisoned, they want to kill me o, pls, check my account in intercontinental, I have so so so and so money inside, jane is owning me 2 k blah blah blah. All because I thought I was dying,

Got to hospital, was diagnosed and the doctors said it was my intestine, during my exams, my intestine shrunk a lot and I then ate the bulk of yam so it was usual. Gave me some medicine and I stayed in bed for sometime and voila I was fit again cheesy.

Anyway, didn't get any pocket money for the next month because my dad already knew I had so so money in bank angry..

I had to try and make up for asking more for furthermaths engineering handout by David Can. (Does it even exist?) that's how I got back on business again in money saving tongue
lolz, cnt stop laffin...reminds me of what happnd to a neighbour of mine
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
yuzedo:
18inches + more swerry wink wink wink wink
how much yam would an 18inch barn contain?
Or are u saying something else wink
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by omocheche(f): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2013
grin I just ate roasted now with onions & pepper stew, i knew something about such experience it could be very dangerous o! i have had such experience with garri b4 & it happened on a sunday too, i got back from church at abt 12:30pm i leave in abj, those of us who leave in abj no how hot it could be during dry season, it happen in march this year, got back from church & wanted something that could just cool my temperature down then i open the fridge brought out cold water put some in a plate and added garri to it just to drink and have a sound sleep, i took the first spoon the second one and the third one i could breath again, when i try to swallow the one in my mouth i could, everything was stocked on my chest i couldn't breath well anymore, was then breathing half way i was sweating seriously, i started praying slowly it was such a terrible experience i took water but it didn't go down until like 3-5min later i actually thought i was going to die i thank God for saving me honestly so afam i no what you re talking about.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Enedane(f): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
goldylock: My own Yam moments was horrible till today I peel yam with respect. As a teenager you had all these crushes that made you uneasy and nervous. I was home alone oh! Peeling yam, then my crush (a family friend's son)came to deliver a massage. I was busy starring till date I don't even know what he was saying, before I knew it I had hugged myself with yam hand touched my head,my face my leg almost everywhere. By the time he had gone I was still in a daze. 5mins later was awakened from my daze with this ITCH from hell. I was dancing Alanta e be like say na me start that dance, I took my bath a million times rubbed calamine lotion but for where. When it finally subsided I was red all over and malaria joined! I will never ever forget that day.

hehe, mine was robb my mum rubbed allover, i saw hell lolz
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
bad meat: which kind yeye formings be this
she might really not know.u can never tell
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by aigjoey(m): 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
your story is so touching and laughable... bt wait y was there no water in ur entire house... ... its either u or ur siblings are not helping out at home domestically .
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by logica(m): 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
LOL. Yam with oil.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
bad meat: which kind yeye formings be this

undecided
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by DaWhiz: 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
Afam4eva: ...at this moment, i was crawling and heading for the door but as soon as i got close to the door, everything gradually came back to normal. Since that day i've been giving Yams the respect that they deseve. Before i munch my yam, i check it there's both drinkable and undrinkable water and they're always by my side incase anything goes wrong. I advise ya'll to do same cos the yam we know is better than the yam we don't know.
cos the yam we know is better than the yam we don't know

HAHAHA Classic grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by adeboolusegun(m): 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yam story on Nairaland....wot else do u wana learn on Yam dt is noot on google. Guess the modertor re too soft to allow this b on frontpage. Yam or no yam,non of my concern.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
adaobi123:

undecided
dont mind him, he doesnt know you're an ajebo gurl.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
Chibuebem: dont mind him, he doesnt know you're an ajebo gurl.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
adaobi123:

undecided undecided undecided
smh
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
Chibuebem: smh

tongue
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
adaobi123:

tongue
very funny
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by devour129: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]ah DPO, we have a live one[/size]
tongue
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by OCTAVO: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
adebo olusegun: Yam story on Nairaland....wot else do u wana learn on Yam dt is noot on google. Guess the modertor re too soft to allow this b on frontpage. Yam or no yam,non of my concern.
We are officially celebrating New Yam festival on Nairaland. Join the groove!!
Yam moment all the way grin

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by devour129: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
canalily: Are u 4rm atani or akaeze? Y d u lyk yam. Ok meet me at yam station
nope!
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
OCTAVO:
We are officially celebrating New Yam festival on Nairaland. Join the groove!!
Yam moment all the way grin
lolz
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
ATM-CARD:
Who wants 2 join me?Is ADAOBI arnd?

tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please How Can 'ofe Akwu' Be Prepared? What Are The Ingredients? / Expired Foods Can Still Be Eaten / He Is Addicted To Coke!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.