Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo (14879 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by londonrivals: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
The Minister of Power, Chinedu Nebo has appealed to those involved in vandalism to desist from such acts or face appropriate sanctions.

Mr Nebo who spoke at the ministerial platform in Abuja said the activities of vandals has served as a setback towards the provision of steady power supply to the affected areas.
While stressing that power supply in the country has improved to 16 hours per day, the minister said that the federal government will focus on the expansion of renewable energy and also fast track its plan of rural electrification.

He highlighted the growing  havoc vandals are doing to prevent a realisation of the power reforms agenda of the administration.  He said the incidence of vandalism of electricity equipment has gotten to that level that except drastic action is taken to contain the menace, the much-touted reform of the power sector may be no more than a dream unrealised.

The Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company in recent times has claimed to have lost many distribution transformer substations under its network to these vandals. The increasing rate at which its equipment were being vandalised had reached unacceptable proportions.
Unfortunately, this is a common trend across the country as managers of the DISCOs make strenuous efforts to cope with equipment vandalism which indeed has become the major obstacle facing the company in the South-East geo-political zone.

While speaking with the House of Representatives Committee on Power, the Chief Executive Officer of the PHCN, Enugu Distribution Station, Suleman Yahaya said 33 out of 37 transformers belonging to the PHCN were stolen by vandals in Abia State, particularly in Arochukwu, Ohafia and Abiriba areas during the committee’s sightseeing as their oversight functions.

Mr Yahaya went further to inform the committee that sometimes, in a day; PHCN loses up to 20 transformers to these criminal elements.
The immediate consequence of these acts of vandalism is that life is made more difficult for law abiding citizens who are thrown into darkness due to erratic power supply occasioned by the activities of the vandals.

The nation’s economy is seriously threatened as industries are being shut down and employees laid off because companies cannot meet production target as many operate below their installed capacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiSZcZYz1fE

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/07/23/power-minister-says-nigerians-now-enjoy-16-hours-of-electricity-supply/

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/power-minister-says-nigerians-now-enjoy-16-hours-of-electricity-supply/
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
may thunder plus amadioha ft sango strike dat mouth d minister used in spreading such falsehood!

67 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Maxymilliano(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
Guess he meant 16hrs per week coz the much touted improvement in power supply is not available everywhere ...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by dayokanu(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
Na only for his own house and in Arsehole Rock

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by YoshiMaster: 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
londonrivals:
Mr Yahaya went further to inform the committee that sometimes, in a day; PHCN loses up to 20 transformers to these criminal elements.

Really? So what have you guys decided to do about this?

This country sef! How can a goverment body be losing infrastructure left right and center like this without any checks by the police force.

How long will it take a group of people to uproot a transformer, and then carry it away?

In that time, isn't there a system (maybe a control room), that would alert you to the fact that one transformer has just gone offline?

Now switch over to Police Force for a sec. Shouldn't police be located at strategic points throughout a state, and be on active patrol?

If coordinated correctly, shouldn't the police force be able to respond to vandalism of such high proportions within record time to be able to prevent such acts?

These leaders should fix my country for crying out loud.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Demdem(m): 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
I miss Barth. I wonder where the retardeen saw these arseholes.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by princesammmy: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
dis man why do u want me to be banned On NL? ok another way of saying it is. anything dat will make me to be banned is Wat I hav I mind for u

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by amaham(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
blasphemy in the land, I wonder why we adults has forgotten what our mum taught us__ don't lie to your neighbor. the minister is blatantly lying to the whole nation without fear of repercussion. may the spirit of his ancestors pay him a visit

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 24, 2013
This Minister Nebo is the biggest liar of all the Ministers in Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by datChelseaBoy: 12:23am On Jul 24, 2013
It is true! Don't crucify the man. Where I stay we had light from 3am in the morning to about 9:30pm yesterday. Is that not more than 16 hours? The man knows what he is saying. Nigerians always jump to conclusions without getting their facts right.

But that man's English na 1 million! Bekee bu agbara! Chei! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by stonemind(f): 12:25am On Jul 24, 2013
for goodness sake, WHAT a heavy LIE
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nonybb: 2:17am On Jul 24, 2013
Nebo is partly correct i think
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by greatgod2012(f): 2:43am On Jul 24, 2013
This man is a blatant liar! At least for my area, its not so.

And as for stolen transformers, (bi iku ile ko pa ni, ti ita ko le pani) the man should check "inside". Its only those who have the knowledge of assembllling and dismantling of such a sensitive equipment that can go near it, so, some checks need to be done within.

As for vandals, (ojo gbogbo ni ti ole, ojo kan ni ti oni nkan) everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner, the only problem is that when the result comes and they are all roasted by fire, which they have caused on themselves, we will be sympathising with them, but then, the government should try and provide more jobs, because, idle hands are usually the devil's workshop.
May God help our country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by ojubi(m): 4:17am On Jul 24, 2013
ASUU ASSU ASSU ASSU ASSU ASSU ASSU ASSU.

U will never know a Nigerian until u give him a political appointment and immediately his paradign will change and the government will become a saint.

Shebi NEBO na ASUU official before?
Em don chop belle fool, no criticism for government again na praise.
We are all d same in this country.
To yo pocket oh Nigerians!!!

If u ask NEBO about strike now em go tell u say ASSU no deserve 90 billion, make dem go back class,

Country of Hipocrits.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by kaze4blues(m): 4:21am On Jul 24, 2013
Foolish people.
I no get lite since 3days ago now 4 my area in ogun state.
Smh 4 naija

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Chubhie: 5:49am On Jul 24, 2013
Oh well, i noticed the improvments from saturday last week. Funny country where you have steady lights and the streets next to you are in darkness. You get that feeling of carrying your house and changing streets. My luck this time. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Euroclydon(m): 5:58am On Jul 24, 2013
Especially when its getting to the end of the month...smh

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by kabe(m): 6:05am On Jul 24, 2013
How?
Where?
When?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Brimmie(m): 6:28am On Jul 24, 2013
Godd!! These people are just messing with us anyhow! sad 16hrs per day?? Abi oloshi ni yin ni!?? undecided

Na last week tuesday i see Light Last for my Area!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Brunel(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2013
i DO NOT want to see any PHCN robot dat will bring bill for me this month!! i have said my own............because the part of PH i stay have not had light for up to 48 hours combined this month. dat said, i'm surprised dat REV Prof Nebo go dey yarn like dis
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by geeez: 7:14am On Jul 24, 2013
Nigerians in Nigeria or in the Diaspora?

Millions of Nigerians are not even connected to the national grid

Millions of Nigerian homes and offices are powered by generators for more than 16hrs each day

My question is: Why lie?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by raytony: 7:15am On Jul 24, 2013
Ehm ehm, oga minister, make I no lie, na only yesterday we get like for 16 hrs for Okitipupa in Ondo State but dem don take am now sha.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by luvinhubby(m): 7:19am On Jul 24, 2013
I concur, for my area in Ebute-Metta Lagos, it's like 18hrs now.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by gunuvi(m): 7:26am On Jul 24, 2013
Mr Nebo, na now I know say spirits don highjacked the power sector.
Shebi na the spirits tell u say make u tell us say we don dey get 16 hours lights abi?
Yes, you are correct jare, since we dey raining season, lightening dey strike pass 16 hours sef.

God pu.nish your rotten mouth. Liar!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by thaoriginator: 7:39am On Jul 24, 2013
byrron: may thunder plus amadioha ft sango strike dat mouth d minister used in spreading such falsehood!
yekpa! Omo dat na straight combo finishing be dat oh, take am easy on the minister na. Haba!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by buoye1(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2013
Which NigeriaI hope no b d 1 we I dey??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by justsayemma(m): 8:33am On Jul 24, 2013
When his oga lied abt power on Cnn,how do u xpect him to do otherwise?
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Olaolufred(m): 10:10am On Jul 24, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Really? So what have you guys decided to do about this?

This country sef! How can a goverment body be losing infrastructure left right and center like this without any checks by the police force.

How long will it take a group of people to uproot a transformer, and then carry it away?

In that time, isn't there a system (maybe a control room), that would alert you to the fact that one transformer has just gone offline?

Now switch over to Police Force for a sec. Shouldn't police be located at strategic points throughout a state, and be on active patrol?

If coordinated correctly, shouldn't the police force be able to respond to vandalism of such high proportions within record time to be able to prevent such acts?

These leaders should fix my country for crying out loud.

WELL, I HOPE YOU REMEMBER THE JUICY CONTRACTS GIVEN TOMPOLO, DOKUBO AND STATEMANSHIP ESTACODE GIVEN MILITANTS.
IF YES, YOU KNOW THAT OIL THEFT IS NOW CLOSE TO ZERO, ISN'T IT?

IF YES TO THE ABOVE, EXPECT TRANSFORMER SECURITY CONTRACT FOR OPC, BAKKASI BOYS AND EVEN OMBATSE GROUP.
REMEMBER ALSO THAT IN FEW MONTHS TO COME, BOKO HARAM MAY BE SECURING OUR CABLES AND T/FORMERS IN THE NORTH.

THE FIRST GOVT. I KNOW WHOSE CONTRACTORS ARE SOLELY CRIMINALS, TERRORISTS, MILITANTS AND OTHER VICES.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by mrking3(m): 10:31am On Jul 24, 2013
Now †ђξ difference is clear!!! NNebo is a mere class room professor that got this job on favouritism!! While prof NNaji is an expert and renouned professional in †ђξ field. Damn!! We lost Nnaji!! Now we all have to deal with †ђξ consequences!! NNebo should stop giving me silly excuses and do †ђξ work he got appointed for!!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Tintinix: 10:42am On Jul 24, 2013
My experience is a total of 18 hrs/day... smiley

And it didn't just start

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by kstyle2(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2013
16hrs?abeg mk dis man com stay dey rumudara 4 ph.na once in 16mnths dem dey c lyk.wait o....wats so difficult 2 provide 24hrs uninteruptd pwr supply?do we hav d moni 2 finance it?yes!do we hav d labour 2 carry out d projct?yes....do we nid d pwr supply 4 24hrs?yes.....wat pains me is dat we knw we hav a problem,we hav d resources 2 solve it but som rutabagas hav chosen 2 sabotage dis zangas.*in tony tetuila's voice......e go beta*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ISWAP Fighters Planning To Kill More Military Commanders – Army Sends Signal / FG To Meet Labour On Monday, NLC Presses Ahead With Tuesday Strike / Why I Support FRCN's Governance Code For NGOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.