Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,358 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

My Altima Feels Gallop - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Altima Feels Gallop (1285 Views)

Terrible Fuel Millage Of My Altima 2008 / Let's Talk Nissan Altima 2002 / Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Altima Feels Gallop by Mboi: 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
My Nissan Altima 2000 model feels gallop so much anytime I drive on rough road. Once the road is not smooth,it'll be making so muh noice inside the car and if I enter very shallow pot hole or jus a little cut on the road,it'll make a big noise and I'll feel it.
My mechanic said my shocks are still ok so what could be causing this?

Please I need advice on what and wat to change or work on because it's making me drive slow so that it'll not be making much noice.
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
ALTIMA, it is. At least, you should spell your car's name correctly.
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by Mboi: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:
ALTIMA, it is. At least, you should spell your car's name correctly.
Thanks bro, I did not even check what I was writing. That issue is getting me pissed off.
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:02am On Jul 24, 2013
Mboi: My Nissan Altima 2000 model feels gallop so much anytime I drive on rough road. Once the road is not smooth,it'll be making so muh noice inside the car and if I enter very shallow pot hole or jus a little cut on the road,it'll make a big noise and I'll feel it.
My mechanic said my shocks are still ok so what could be causing this?

Please I need advice on what and wat to change or work on because it's making me drive slow so that it'll not be making much noice.

Sounds like bushes especially anti roll bar bushes, check also your drop links
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by Arizona1: 7:08am On Jul 24, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

Sounds like bushes especially anti roll bar bushes, check also your drop links

Thanks bro but what do you mean by anti roll bar bushes,I want to know the general terms for it that my mechanic will understand. Also by drop links,you mean that tiny rod called LINKAGE?

Thank you....
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by nissparts(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2013
Yes he means linkage and the anti-roll bar bushing he referred to is known as stabilizer bushing in these parts.
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
nissparts: Yes he means linkage and the anti-roll bar bushing he referred to is known as stabilizer bushing in these parts.

Cost of fixing, plz?
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by Mboi: 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:

Cost of fixing, plz?

Do you use Altima too and does urs have d same issue? I don't think those bushings and Liknkages will cost much. D last time I changed d back one,it was N3k for d two.
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mboi:

Do you use Altima too and does urs have d same issue? I don't think those bushings and Liknkages will cost much. D last time I changed d back one,it was N3k for d two.

Yes, '03
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by KA24DETT(m): 4:34am On Jul 25, 2013
Guys, first thing first .
Put your car up on stands and move your tires sideways , up-down and check the play. If there too much wiggle in the up-down test. Most likely control arm is gone and you have to change it . Lower control arm has a ball joint with bushings which can wear out with time. The symptoms include , feeling of the car coming apart when you go over a bump and very rough ride .
With that year Altima and the state of nigerian roads, my money is on the Control arms.
If you get a horizontal play (left-right ) when you move your tires, most likely your tie rods are gone. Outer tie rods I would say

First thing , " wiggle your tires " and check for play.
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 25, 2013
Done that, NO PLAY . . .
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by KA24DETT(m): 4:02am On Jul 27, 2013
Check the CV boot for any tear or rip,. Check the spring to make sure any part of it is not broken, Post result here
Re: My Altima Feels Gallop by ini4brandon(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2013
Mboi:

ur right bro. I changed mine at abt. the same price.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy This Car Please Advice Me / Is It Still Official Or Legal To Ship In Cars Older Than 15 Years? / Every Time You Step On Your Car's Brakes, You're Wasting Fuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.