Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? (1522 Views)

Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics / Why Do People Become More Spiritual When They Are Poor? / I Hate My Wife - She Is Now More Spiritual Than Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by pscott(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
It is obvious that women are more spiritual than men, even in the church women takes 65% of the church population. Must it be so. I want to you to share your contribution about this.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Afam4eva(m): 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
It's simple. Women are more emotional.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
Why Is Nigerian Women
More Spiritual Than Men?
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by manmustwac(m): 7:03am On Jul 24, 2013
^^some posters are semi literate. I amended the topic title.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 24, 2013
p'scott:
It is obvious that women are more spiritual than men, even in the church women takes 65% of the church population. Must it be so. I want to you to share your contribution about this.

Women are more spiritual than men because of these reasons;

They are less egotistical, less worldly, they are more sensitive, compassionate and loving, more mystical and get easily enlightened.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Dereformer(m): 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
It is because they are easily deceived.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by italo: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
The few men that are spiritual are far more steadfast than the multitude of women that are spiritual...in my opinion.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
italo: The few men that are spiritual are far more steadfast than the multitude of women that are spiritual...in my opinion.

very true.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by plaetton: 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
Many reasons account for this.

1.Women are more insecure in society, and therefore have a greater need for assurances of hope and supernatural intervention.

2. Women are economical disenfranchised in society, and therefore more vulnerable to the beguiling baits of con-men who tend to symbolise prosperity and steadfastness.

3. Women's minds are more attuned to fantasies than realities. Their minds gravitate more towards what they dream of rather than what is real. That is why women are addicted to soap operas, romantic fairy tales, white knights in shinning armour, the make-belief lives of celebrities, etc.

So religion, for women is an all-in-one package that contains soap operas, make-belief celebrity lives, and to top it all, a blond, blue eyes saviour knight in shinning armour, a prince of heaven.

So , religion is tailor-made for women.

Interestingly too, is the fact that most men subconsciously gravitate towards religion as means to get, and be in touch with the feminine aspects of their personality.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by plaetton: 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
^^^
Also, I might add,
Most indigenous traditions are considered unfair and oppressive to women.

So, naturally, women are usually the first to embrace and hold on to any alternative tradition that liberates or promises to liberate them from the clutches of native traditions.
They are usually the first to renounce native traditions in favor of any religion that frowns at such traditions.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
plaetton: Many reasons account for this.

1.Women are more insecure in society, and therefore have a greater need for assurances of hope and supernatural intervention.

2. Women are economical disenfranchised in society, and therefore more vulnerable to the beguiling baits of con-men who tend to symbolise prosperity and steadfastness.

3. Women's minds are more attuned to fantasies than realities. Their minds gravitate more towards what they dream of rather than what is real. That is why women are addicted to soap operas, romantic fairy tales, white knights in shinning armour, the make-belief lives of celebrities, etc.

So religion, for women is an all-in-one package that contains soap operas, make-belief celebrity lives, and to top it all, a blond, blue eyes saviour knight in shinning armour, a prince of heaven.

Interestingly too, is the fact that most men subconsciously gravitate towards religion as means to get, and be in touch with the feminine aspects of their personality.

Bros, na bullshyt be dat in bold. Religion especially the abrahamic ones are mostly patriarchal and make for manly men. Take Jesus, Moses and Muhammed...were they in touch with any feminine side? You might be tempted to say Jesus but remember that the guy flogged guys at the church

That being said, I agree with the rest of your post.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by RINE1: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dereformer: It is because they are easily deceived.
are you sure?
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by plaetton: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Bros, na bullshyt be dat in bold. Religion especially the abrahamic ones are mostly patriarchal and make for manly men. Take Jesus, Moses and Muhammed...were they in touch with any feminine side? You might be tempted to say Jesus but remember that the guy flogged guys at the church

That being said, I agree with the rest of your post.

It is true bros.
Its not about the religion itself, but about the type of people and why most easily get permanently hooked to it.
I notice a certain degree of femininity amongst religiously devout men.
Even for macho men, it serves as a backyard way to get in touch with their feminine side.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by ninja4life(m): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
plaetton: Many reasons account for this.

well said let me add mine(though it might not be general) most women hav more time so dey can come to church services more regularly unlike men who hav many things to attend to.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by RINE1: 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
italo: The few men that are spiritual are far more steadfast than the multitude of women that are spiritual...in my opinion.
cos they are always waving and being tossed by the wind of temptation
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Kay17: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lots of sociologists in the house tonight.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
plaetton:

It is true bros.
Its not about the religion itself, but about the type of people and why most easily get permanently hooked to it.
Even for macho men, it serves as a backyard way to get in touch with their feminine side.

hmmm..... smiley

I need to study more on this
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by italo: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
RINE.:

cos they are always waving and being tossed by the wind of temptation

You don get am finish.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by italo: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
plaetton:

It is true bros.

When you say "feminine," perhaps you mean "human."

There is nothing more masculine than a man who can conquer his own self/flesh/body.

One who cannot, I dont call "masculine" but "animalistic."

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
italo:

When you say "feminine," perhaps you mean "human."

There is nothing more masculine than a man who can conquer his own self/flesh/body.

One who cannot, I dont call "masculine" but "animalistic."

Arrant nonsense. You are made of flesh. To conquer one's flesh is to commit suicide or repress oneself....

This is why the catholic church is full of pervert reverend fathers. S.exually frustrated and repressed perverts.

But on topic. Women are more "spiritual" than men just like blacks are more "Spiritual" than whites because both women and blacks were/are oppressed and religion, like a wolf in sheep's clothing, claims to give freedom. Religion is the new slave master.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by italo: 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
The voice of satan...just like in the garden of eden.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
italo: The voice of satan...just like in the garden of eden.

Thank you. Calling your fellow human a devil.....how very christian.

....as if the Garden of Eden even existed or snakes could talk. You might want to check out videos of ypur reverend fathers agreeing that the story is metaphorical

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by italo: 10:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
One who lives in the Spirit will know when it is satan speaking.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 25, 2013
italo: One who lives in the Spirit will know when it is satan speaking.

Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by plaetton: 5:44am On Jul 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol.

Italo lives in the spirit world.

Another one bites the dust! cry

Haba!

Shouldn't we seek psychiatric help for him?
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 25, 2013
plaetton:

lol.

Italo lives in the spirit world.

Another one bites the dust! cry

Haba!

Shouldn't we seek psychiatric help for him?

I think Italo has been playing too many videogames.....Soul Reaver to be exact; where vampires can enter the spirit world grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

But on topic. Women are more "spiritual" than men just like blacks are more "Spiritual" than whites because both women and blacks were/are oppressed and religion, like a wolf in sheep's clothing, claims to give freedom. Religion is the new slave master.

Hmn...Interesting analysis. But an aimless shot in the dark nevertheless.

Religion(Christianity to be exact) doesn't claim to give freedom, it IS Freedom. I was just like you ones, you know? Stumbling around in the dark, attacking believers for worshipping something they can't see. But look at me now, a testament that God is indeed real.

That's how I know you can still be saved @Logicboy03, sooner than later, you will be singing his praises like Paul in the Bible.

>>>Mark My Words.<<<
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Hmn...Interesting analysis. But an aimless shot in the dark nevertheless.

Religion(Christianity to be exact) doesn't claim to give freedom, it IS Freedom. I was just like you ones, you know? Stumbling around in the dark, attacking believers for worshipping something they can't see. But look at me now, a testament that God is indeed real.

That's how I know you can still be saved @Logicboy03, sooner than later, you will be singing his praises like Paul in the Bible.

>>>Mark My Words.<<<

Halleluyah! A God/religion that permits slavery is freedom.......

Somebody praise tha lord for chains
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Halleluyah! A God/religion that permits slavery is freedom.......

Somebody praise tha lord for chains

Christianity never permits slavery my dear fellow, maybe Islam but never Christianity.

You can still be saved. smiley
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:41am On Jul 25, 2013
perhaps some female nairalanders can lend some weight to this...
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Christianity never permits slavery my dear fellow, maybe Islam but never Christianity.

You can still be saved. smiley

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081126010849AA8czU9

lagerwhenindoubt: perhaps some female nairalanders can lend some weight to this...

Waiting for that
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Women Are More Spiritual Than Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081126010849AA8czU9

That's gross misinterpretations of the bible, and frankly I'm appalled. Some things weren't meant to be taken literally. And you also need to possess an evolved kind of understanding that can only be attained by faith to even begin to comprehend the true meaning of those quotations.

I urge you to take a look around you and tell me if all those things are been carried out today. In the old testament, a lot of verses are malevolent, but were all significantly diffused in the new testament.
Stop attacking the bible and Christianity with tunnel vision, cuz it's far more broader than that!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Examples Of How The Qur’an Corrects The Bible - Part 1 / HAJJ: History Of Tragedies Till Date(photos Included) / The Lost Ten Tribes Of Isreal Identified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.