Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,494 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth (2347 Views)

15 Tips To Maintain A Healthy Skin / How To Lose Weight: 10 Effective Steps To A Great Body / How To Lose Weight: 10 Effective Steps To A Great Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth by Beckysue: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
Please all the ladies in the house who know what it is to give birth to a child and still look fablous, please share what you do to still look great. How do you get rid of those protruding tummies? We want our husbands to still find us attractive after giving birth...

Get tips on how to look attractive after giving birth from a certified health professional.[HR] ...
Re: Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth by esmeralda1(f): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
this is a good thread, something i would like to learn from, Mothers in the house pls come and enlighten some of us upcoming mommies.
Re: Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth by tishat(f): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
Well i can proudly say that i look very good after baby,my stomach is not as flat as it was but am still very comfortatble wearing my smart work clothes.(still size 10)
No 1 thing i did was not to over indulge in food,(yes i know we breastfeed but still watch it) i eat healthy and snack on fruits.
i also tied wrapper on my stomach for 3mnts(Thank God for normal delivery)
I also got active as soon as i could.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
Well,i breastfeed exclusively for six months,this helps the womb to contract better and get to its original size,You can't tell from my body I have had kids even with my clothes off,stomach is very flat and stretch free . support the breast and position the baby properly while breastfeeding so you don't put much pressure on it making it to sag faster.I stick to using cocoa butter from my first trimester,you won't experience stretch marks and scratchy belly if you stick to this routine.Breasfeeding burns some calories too,i don't try to lose weight because I don't add extra to lose,its from my body's metabolism I guess.

I don't deceive myself with that"am eating for two"line,i eat only what I need.Lastly,don't get a househelp,you exercise while doing chores and babysitting(if you are not working yet).

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth by Beckysue: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
Wow these are wonderful insights,I'm just wondering how long did it take tobget back in shape? Also how do you control the urge to go on an eating spree.
Re: Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth by OmoAlata1(f): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
Exercising is the best thing you can do. It keeps you young and healthy. 30-60 minutes a day, 3-5 times a wk is all you need. Also drink water and eat very healthy plus don't over eat. I have two children, I have flat stomach. You will never know in a million yrs that I have carried two pregnancies unless i tell you.
Re: Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth by minute(f): 1:18am On Jul 27, 2013
Nip and tuck. More natural way;pilates and blogilates.

After I gave birth, I lifted my shirt in front of a mirror and cried.

My stomach was a hot mess.It looked like someone put a bowling ball on a wet

road map.
Re: Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 27, 2013
@becky sue,your tummy can get back to normal within a month after child birth,how fast depends on your type of body.Some people don't get back their body until they stop breasfeeding,there really is no stipulated time to be back in shape,nature plays a major role.
Re: Ladies, How To Look Good And Maintain A Great Body After Childbirth by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 27, 2013
Does anyone have experience with belly bandit?.

(1) (Reply)

I Feel Sleepy Once I Begin To Read. Why? / Definition Of Xeronine / How Many Of These Strange Facts About Your Body Do You Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.