Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife (27264 Views)

NASA Claim “dozens” Of Advanced Civilisations Existed Before Us / The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by hotwax: 6:39am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by hotwax: 6:40am On Dec 16, 2013
ontarian:

Bro, but do u really believe that oduduwa came from heaven(sky)?

Do you believe Jesus ascended to the sky?

Do you believe Allah printed Quran ?
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by hotwax: 6:41am On Dec 16, 2013
xp17: he wasnt d first oba of bini persay. he was d first oba after d end of ogiso's dynasty, after d exile of prince erkanladeran d only son of oba ogiso who later formed ile-ife

http://allfolktales..com/2012/02/archeological-finds-in-ile-ife.html

http://www.newdigitalculture.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ife
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by hotwax: 6:41am On Dec 16, 2013
Promhize:

You see how you felt from that my statement.

We humans are naturally inconsiderate, I expect the Ooni to know better. He is ridiculing christianity, and when I in turn ridiculed his beliefs, see how you felt.

Whether its a fact or not, he ridiculed christians and was insensitive.

Anyway *the coming from heaven was what I was thought, blame my ignorant Yoruba teacher cheesy

http://allfolktales..com/2012/02/archeological-finds-in-ile-ife.html

http://www.newdigitalculture.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ife
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by hardeyincah(m): 7:00am On Dec 16, 2013
dis man just lost his respect! for castigating parent sending their wards to governnent institutions...
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Okikiade(m): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2013
Ile-Ife existed before Oyo;yes! Alaafin's superiority to Ooni's title is all Oranmiyan's paternity! A public leader canvassing for private university,smh! Common man where art thou fate?
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Atlantian: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2013
Then why is Ife so undeveloped, it is that Ife people are mor0ns ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by hotwax: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2013
Atlantian: Then why is Ife so undeveloped, it is that Ife people are mor0ns ?

Why is the whole Nigeria under-developed. Is it that your family are imbecillesssss?

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Atlantian: 9:35am On Dec 16, 2013
hotwax:

Why is the whole Nigeria under-developed. Is it that your family are imbecillesssss?

Nigeria did not exist before Jesus Christ......Ife people are daft to stay undeveloped for over 10 centuries. Idi0t.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2013
Atlantian:

Nigeria did not exist before Jesus Christ......Ife people are daft to stay undeveloped for over 10 centuries. Idi0t.

I see people like u and pity ur mental condition
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by hotwax: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2013
macof:

I see people like u and pity ur mental condition

Serious case. May God help him.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Ngbokwu: 7:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
This Obi of Ile Ife is a fool. I have always known that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ngbọkwụ: This Obi of Ile Ife is a fool. I have always known that.

At least u said "obi"

Everyone knows Obi is a fool

2 Likes

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by klarke(m): 3:09am On Dec 17, 2013
Before Abraham, Jesus was!

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Lex11(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2013
dr dams: www.vanguardngr.com

Two questions come to mind...

So what?.... Who cares?

klarke - Amen to that!
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by PrinceGashon: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2013
Rubbish

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by mbz101(m): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
I don't even know what to say , but all I could find out about our Minorca and leaders they all have hidden agenda jump spread they mouth .. I find it so hard to believe this set of bouncing fools , am sorry but I need to speak my mind , where is private universities where govt build standard university ...this leaders were taking us to wrong direction of life ..
I appreciate unpolluted and realistic minds
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by heedsa10: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2014
okunade may not av gotten the right time BT I Blvd Africa actually exist during the time of Jesus Christ . the only problem we have was there were no literate pple then so all that was done then were not written down unlike the bible and the Quran. do u want to tell me that the Chinese weren't living in those time BT the bible and the Quran never even mentioned them according to history yet they av been existing during those time.
bible and Quran only mentioned important pple. like the prophet and their dasciples, their lives, birth , and where they travel to. so any part of the world they never travelled to weren't mentioned. yet there some ordinary living in some other part of the world BT weren't mentioned in this history book because they were not popular.

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2014
heedsa10: okunade may not av gotten the right time BT I Blvd Africa actually exist during the time of Jesus Christ . the only problem we have was there were no literate pple then so all that was done then were not written down unlike the bible and the Quran. do u want to tell me that the Chinese weren't living in those time BT the bible and the Quran never even mentioned them according to history yet they av been existing during those time.
bible and Quran only mentioned important pple. like the prophet and their dasciples, their lives, birth , and where they travel to. so any part of the world they never travelled to weren't mentioned. yet there some ordinary living in some other part of the world BT weren't mentioned in this history book because they were not popular.

That's because Quran and Bible are simply man made books. Men can't know everything as it's evident the Quran and Bible are very incompetent in world history among other things

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by banku: 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
Iwo Eleru – 10,000 B.C Between Akure and present Ile-Ife

Nubia culture - 10,000 B.C

Indian culture - 6,000 B.C

Dafuna Canoe near Yobe dated 8,000 years old compared to oldest
Egyptian boat 5,000 yrs old

China culture - 3,000 – 2,200 B.C

Malenician and South Pacific Hawaii – 2,000 B.C

Olmec Mexico- 1,100 B.C

Igbo Ukwu - 10 AD In the heart of Igbo land

https://www.nairaland.com/4211072/father-all-nigerian-ethnic-groups#62918865
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Theydontcare: 10:29am On Jan 21, 2018
danty04:
Jesus christ came to dis world for all our sins,does. Not mean that Ile Ife is not created then..Oni his just trying to let us know more about d kingdom simple

For whose sin?
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Ndipe(m): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Theydontcare:

For whose sin?

Our sins.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by YuusufulOyoow1: 8:57am On Dec 24, 2022
Okunade wasn't even ridiculing Jesus
Just saying Ile Ife is old n older than him

Or those who disagreed here coz of religion can say Jesus is older than Abraham ?
Or Jesus is the first creation ?
Definitely some re older than him.
We re even talking about city here not person
Tho ooni sijuade might be wrong n might correct with the 10,000yrs stuff
But I knw Ife is before Jesus according to Herodotus, do ur research
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by YuusufulOyoow1: 8:59am On Dec 24, 2022
Ndipe:

Our sins.

He's a human being like you
He's superior coz of the prophet rank

He can never forgive sin
Only his creator forgive
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Ndipe(m): 11:03pm On Dec 24, 2022
https://bible.org/seriespage/12-authority-forgive-sins-matthew-91-8

YuusufulOyoow1:

He's a human being like you
He's superior coz of the prophet rank

He can never forgive sin
Only his creator forgive
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by nobaga: 11:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
Oduduwa must have been here before Christ, going by parallel archeology of the Yoruba, Egypt, Greece and Rome with the history in the Bible or the Koran. Unless those before him were many centuries old before he was born! He traveled through the Nile river, spread Yoruba civilization and religion. Yoruba, named in Arabic writing noted them for their religion, before their present country brothers became aware of them. See Beginning of Ethnic Formation. During Oduduwa’s exploration, he had children Yoruba usually name AdeTokunbo, Omowale, Magbagbeile and others overseas. He was revered because his descendants were kingdom builders and they also unified the Yorubas. Oduduwa proved his Ife royal blood by displaying his crown, a book in verses and an obelisk. Zo Giwa mentioned these three items in his article.

August 7, 2006

http://www.segundawodu.com/martins27.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

History Of Ika People(umunede) / Wolof People / Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.