Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:03 AM

Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 (17916 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by manchy7531: 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wF4wU6HuUk&feature=youtu.be

can wait to lay my hands on a copy. Enjoy!!

16 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by enyice(m): 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
And am patiently waiting and sincerely hoping i'd l'd lay my eager hands on one copy! How come the topics i take interest in makes front page.. #ModsMindReader.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
WOW! Nice Trailer. I can't wait to see it.

Chiwetel Ejiofor and Thandie Newton reunite again after 2012.

I saw Zack Orji, Gloria Aniozie Young but didn't see Genevieve. Did they truly cut out her part?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by orgasticdance: 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
^^OMG, if only 10% of nollywood movies were made like this!
i was originally skeptical about the casting and the director's pedigree but the trailer is really really great. Chiwetel nails it so far as odenigbo, thandie newton's accent..eish, may not be a problem for a western audience tho...

2 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Ikengawo: 12:17am On Jul 24, 2013
gripping.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:28am On Jul 24, 2013
orgasticdance: thandie newton's accent..eish, may not be a problem for a western audience tho...

There are plenty of us in the West and we have issues with it

She sounds like a South African.

But anything is good enough for Nigerians. You people have no standards.

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 12:31am On Jul 24, 2013
I think they should have used Sophie Okonedo instead.

3 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by stonemind(f): 12:32am On Jul 24, 2013
space booked
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Ikengawo: 12:36am On Jul 24, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

There are plenty of us in the West and we have issues with it

She sounds like a South African.

But anything is good enough for Nigerians. You people have no standards.

so this book, milestone achievement in Nigerian, Igbo and black history, and clearly well made movie should be denounced by Nigerians because of what? an accent? Now we've done something wrong abi?

15 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by IGBOSON1: 12:41am On Jul 24, 2013
It's simply the best!

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 12:44am On Jul 24, 2013
I can't believe i watched the trailer again. Is that weird?

3 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by T8ksy(m): 12:46am On Jul 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:
It's simply the best!

Of course!!!

How can it be anything else but the best grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by IGBOSON1: 12:51am On Jul 24, 2013
T8ksy:

Of course!!!

How can it be anything else but the best grin

^^^I was parodying Tina Turner.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 24, 2013
Thandie's accent is alright. Remember her character is British trained, so her accent is british/Igbo.

6 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:57am On Jul 24, 2013
Ikengawo:

so this book, milestone achievement in Nigerian, Igbo and black history, and clearly well made movie should be denounced by Nigerians because of what? an accent? Now we've done something wrong abi?

Lol Have you seen it to know if it's "well made"..you have people that cant even pronounce "port Harcourt" properly yet already you are calling it best movie cos it has oyibo in it LOL

2 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 24, 2013
Can't wait to see it
looks good already
Our story is being told
Thanks to Chimamanda
Chinua Achebe and DIM Ojukwu must be smiling.

2 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Freewilly(f): 1:06am On Jul 24, 2013
Wow!! I'm impressed, the sound and picture quality sounds and looks really good compared to the Nigerian movies I used to watch centuries ago. Nigerian movie industry sure has come a long ways.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:07am On Jul 24, 2013
Freewilly: Wow!! I'm impressed, the sound and picture quality sounds and looks really good compared to the Nigerian movies I used to watch centuries ago. Nigerian movie industry sure has come a long ways.
It's a Hollywood movie set in Nigeria and not a Nigerian movie.

3 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:

How we even know its set in Naija sef. Could be green screen LOL

2 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:09am On Jul 24, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

How we even know its set in Naija sef. Could be green screen LOL
The story is set in NIgeria and i also think the location was set in NIgeria. Calabar specifically.

3 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Freewilly(f): 1:13am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:

Tells you how much I know about the movie. Still very impressive. I hope the show this at the Sundance film festival in Park city UT.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:13am On Jul 24, 2013
Im aware of the story and where its set

Im saying since they felt it was OK not to cast Nigerians for the sister/actress roles, it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt even use Nigeria at all for location.

stillwater is that what the Nigerians in the UK sound like..? Maybe Im around the wrong ones tongue
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 24, 2013
Some raunchy scenes on the trailer,please let them not corrupt us innocent ones o
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ak47mann(m): 1:19am On Jul 24, 2013
5 STAR MOVIE

BIAFRAN HISTORY IS SPREADING ACROSS THE GLOBE WELD-ONE CHIMANDA cool cool
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:22am On Jul 24, 2013
This movie looks like it will be better than the one done by Bruce Willis and Monica Bellucci.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by StellaBella(f): 2:20am On Jul 24, 2013
Beautifully scripted and magnificently rendered.

I love.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Freewilly(f): 2:40am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam you a Mod, get this on the front page nah!!

The more people see the preview of this movie, the more people will see the movie when it comes

out and the more people will see

what our fathers and mothers went through in Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 2:41am On Jul 24, 2013
Freewilly: Afam you a Mod, get this on the front page nah!!

The more people see the preview of this movie, the more people will see the movie when it comes

out and the more people will see

what our fathers and mothers went through in Biafra.
It will definitely make frontpage.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva: I can't believe i watched the trailer again. Is that weird?

Lol. I've watched it over and over.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 5:20am On Jul 24, 2013
We still dey complain about this film?

Said it a million times there are only three key things the producers are using to sell this movie - Chiwetel, Thandie and the well-known book. Adding the fact that the producers have 'Last King of Scotland' and 'The Constant Gardener' under their belt.

Nigerian & Nigerians still remain one of the least significant markets being considered... time for people to get over it.
It is DONE!

Having said that, the positive is this will put the name 'Nigeria' higher up on the list of films that reach a much wider and varied audience. Nigerian filmmakers & producers should realise that they so have to step up their 'own' game.

We can take the easy route by sitting and grumbling about our 'birthright' (not that I know a single 'patriotic' Nigerian that is willing to die for Nigeria TODAY, or we can buckle up and put in the darn hard work it takes to make films of such magnitude and reach!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Website To Download Free Hollywood Movies For Java Phones and smart phones. / Chronicles Of Eze (Skit Series) - Episode 1-5 / BBNaija: Eloswag Wins Head Of House Game - Week 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.