Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 (17932 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by thoth: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2013
rufychuks:
You are right about this. However, I blame us for having left the war as if it never happened. In the US, UK, Rwanda and most other countries where they had a Civil war, a panel is set up to talk about it and to promote healing. It is taught, correctly, in schools and everybody knows why it happened and work hard to ensure peace and prevent such from recurring. We just behave as if the war never occured in Nigeria; kids are fed lies by their parents, events that accelerated the emergence of arms still occur and the unity we need to hold this country is almost non-existent.

That is to show the stupidity of those that rules us, i heard that if the police ever caught you with a video of the Biafran war they will make a mess of you. now i am not surprised that the people that were at the center of the whole debacle keep coming out with one lie after the other. I am still waiting for the day Gowon would come out in the open and tell Nigerian youths how the British and Americans deceived him and tricked him into war with Biafra. Nigerians would learn a lot from that.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 11:02am On Jul 27, 2013
coogar:

even in popularity - thandie newton is more famous. this is why you have google hits.
Thandie Newton has 4,210,000 results while Genevieve has 3,740,000 and that's because a lot of Nigerians and Africans are not on the internet like Americans and europeans else Genevieve's google results will rank higher than Thandie's. Another thing is that, a lot of people on the WWW simply refer to Genevieve Nnaji as "Genevieve". So, if we were to add the results of "genevieve" in Nigeria's webosphere, the results combined with that of "Genevieve Nnaji" will dwarf that of Thandie Newton.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by coogar: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
Thandie Newton has 4,210,000 results while Genevieve has 3,740,000 and that's because a lot of Nigerians and Africans are not on the internet like Americans and europeans else Genevieve's google results will rank higher than Thandie's. Another thing is that, a lot of people on the WWW simply refer to Genevieve Nnaji as "Genevieve". So, if we were to add the results of "genevieve" in Nigeria's webosphere, the results combined with that of "Genevieve Nnaji" will dwarf that of Thandie Newton.

you are such an illiterate.....
so we should add the google hits of obama to barack obama to dwarf lady gaga? no article on the internet would refer to genevieve without her last name.

she's not the only woman called genevieve in the world so your theory falls flat in the face. what about the millions of women called genevieve? you want genevieve nnaji to steal their hits?

why is common sense such a scarce commodity? grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2013
coogar:

you are such an illiterate.....
so we should add the google hits of obama to barack obama to dwarf lady gaga? no article on the internet would refer to genevieve without her last name.

she's not the only woman called genevieve in the world so your theory falls flat in the face. what about the millions of women called genevieve? you want genevieve nnaji to steal their hits?

why is common sense such a scarce commodity? grin
I'm an SEO expert and i know how google rankings are done, so when i talk you listen.

Google does not only rank articles. It ranks just about anywhere a keyword like "Genevieve Nnaji" for example is posted on the internet even if it's just a comment in a forum or a blog and not necessarily the blog article itself. People refer to "Genevieve Nnaji" as just "Genevieve", so pages for where Genevieve is availabale are not included in the results for "Genevieve Nnaji". A typical example is when you want to know the search for the ethnic group "Igbo" without realizing that some people also call it "Ibo" instead. I hope you get the drift.

And i never said she's the only woman called Genevieve but you can't deny that she would have a reasonable chunk from that keyword on google.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Orikinla(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
[size=28pt]Only an intellectually re-tarded person will say Genevieve is bigger than Thandie Newton in terms of popularity. [/size]
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Orikinla(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
kabaka1:

Yes, they cut Genevieve's part off because her acting style didn't fit what the director wanted.

Good thing is she'll still get paid though, but d bad thing is that she still didn't make her hollywood debut that she craves like most other nollywood actresses/actors

Genevieve Nnaji's part is still in the movie.
The trailer is not the complete film, dummy. grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by coogar: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm an SEO expert and i know how google rankings are done, so when i talk you listen.

look at this semi-illiterate amateur - i employ people of your status in the UK and feed them.

Google does not only rank articles. It ranks just about anywhere a keyword like "Genevieve Nnaji" for example is posted on the internet even if it's just a comment in a forum or a blog and not necessarily the blog article itself. People refer to "Genevieve Nnaji" as just "Genevieve", so pages for where Genevieve is availabale are not included in the results for "Genevieve Nnaji". A typical example is when you want to know the search for the ethnic group "Igbo" without realizing that some people also call it "Ibo" instead. I hope you get the drift.

your explanation is retardëd because igbo and ibo are only synonymous to a particular group of people. genevieve is a name answered by millions of women of diverse groups, races, tribes, etc. what's the comparison?

And i never said she's the only woman called Genevieve but you can't deny that she would have a reasonable chunk from that keyword on google.

but that's what your explanation implied. you are saying any genevieve typed into google search must be genevieve nnaji which is quite idiotic....
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
Orikinla:

Genevieve Nnaji's part is still in the movie.
The trailer is not the complete film, dummy. grin

Lol, some of the comments for this thread na comedy nah! grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by babyboy3(m): 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
Afam4eva:

One of the best British movie ever is called Genevieve

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by aryan481: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
You can download this movie with pause-resume direct download link.No share site,no torrent only pause-resume direct download link from http://tricksforpc.org
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
baby-boy:

One of the best British movie ever is called Genevieve
So is a Nigerian Actress. They all have to share the name in google.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by babyboy3(m): 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
So is a Nigerian Actress. They all have to share the name in google.

Genevieve (Film) 9,100,000 results

Genevieve Nnaji 3,590,000 results

Common bro... give up
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
baby-boy:

Genevieve (Film) 9,100,000 results

Genevieve Nnaji 3,590,000 results

Common bro... give up

How did you do the search for genevieve (film). I mean what did you type in google. Pls teach me. I'm a learner.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by babyboy3(m): 10:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
Afam4eva:

How did you do the search for genevieve (film). I mean what did you type in google. Pls teach me. I'm a learner.

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
^^

here are some results from the search for genevieve(film) search that you made. it seems you're not aware that google is a robot and not a human being. google does not know any movie called "genevieve". All it does is to search for a web page that has the keyword "genevieve" and "film" in it. it could be a webpage that has a sentence like "Genevieve NNaji acted in a film called Blood sisters." You're the learner.

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by igbo2011(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
thoth:

why is it only you that saw this ?.. in all the acclaim that Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart gathered they have never tried to invest and act it out on Hollywood.
Now why would they choose Half of a Yellow Sun ? Because out of all reasons now is the time to inflame the hate among Nigerians, the Psychological influence of such pictures,the dramatic highlight with its insidious message in an undertone is no more important anytime than now, Nigeria will divide 2015, their predictions and they are preparing peoples mind for it.
It is just plain Psychological Operations.

I like the way you think. We need more people like you.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:11am On Jul 29, 2013
SEFAGO:

You seem to have some major race problems. Ok lets make the leap of faith that Genevieve is in a bigger league than thandie. I can't imagine being an investor an investing money in a movie that would star Genevieve Nnaji. That is a shitty investment.

Sucks to be you then.

Genevieve is full blooded nigerian, of course to you it would be a "shtty investment" to cast an Igbo girl on a movie based on Igbo history. Yes that makes soooooooooo much sense.

I wonder why they didnt they just didnt use Angela Bassett to play Sarafina in the movie Sarafina. I mean wouldnt it make sense to use a "big name American" to protray Apartheid history instead of an actual South African?

Abi? LOL.

Anyway na your own palavar. None of what yall spewing makes sense to anyone but yourselves. Wetin be my concern, Half Of The Yellow Sun isnt a Yoruba story so I don talkj my own. If you like if they decide to do a story on Achebe, cast Denzel Washington LOL
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:14am On Jul 29, 2013
Orikinla sharrap abeg
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Sucks to be you then.

Genevieve is full blooded nigerian, of course to you it would be a "shtty investment" to cast an Igbo girl on a movie based on Igbo history. Yes that makes soooooooooo much sense.

I wonder why they didnt they just didnt use Angela Bassett to play Sarafina in the movie Sarafina. I mean wouldnt it make sense to use a "big name American" to protray Apartheid history instead of an actual South African?

Abi? LOL.

Anyway na your own palavar. None of what yall spewing makes sense to anyone but yourselves. Wetin be my concern, Half Of The Yellow Sun isnt a Yoruba story so I don talkj my own. If you like if they decide to do a story on Achebe, cast Denzel Washington LOL
Why are using a nebulizer for another person's asthma, thank God you discovered you are not from the east, don't worry when I make a movie on awolowo,I would surely use saheed balogun.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by omar22(m): 9:43am On Jul 29, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Sucks to be you then.

Abi? LOL.

So what part of South Africa is Whoopi Goldberg from? (since you brought up the name Sarafina) I hate it when these Genevieve ass-kissing fan girls failed to see Logic!

If the writter wanted a Nollywood crash-B@ng-Wallop movies she would have handed it to a Nollywood director
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by coogar: 9:45am On Jul 29, 2013
uche16:
Why are using a nebulizer for another persons asthma, thank God you discovered you are not from the east, don't worry when I make a movie on awolowo,I would surely use saheed balogun.

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by omar22(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2013
uche16:
Why are using a nebulizer for another persons asthma, thank God you discovered you are not from the east, don't worry when I make a movie on awolowo,I would surely use saheed balogun.

Or Baba Suwe for Adekunle Red Scorpion... Big Mama or Iya Rainbow for Madam Tinubu
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

Nah was for you o,you want make d chic vex non beat me
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

Nah wah for you o,you want make d chic vex kon beat me
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
No be Naija we be? No be surname we dey use again? Teehee... grin

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
uche16:
Why are using a nebulizer for another person's asthma, thank God you discovered you are not from the east, don't worry when I make a movie on awolowo,I would surely use saheed balogun.

Hey illiterate

It's a discussion. I know that is foreign to Nigerians as you people only know how to hack each other up with machetes but it's something I do often. if you have issues with it, ignore me wink
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
omar22:

So what part of South Africa is Whoopi Goldberg from? (since you brought up the name Sarafina) I hate it when these Genevieve ass-kissing fan girls failed to see Logic!

If the writter wanted a Nollywood crash-B@ng-Wallop movies she would have handed it to a Nollywood director

Dude are you reetarded? Was Whoopi the star of the movie? was the movie NAMED after Whoopi? You are aware that Whoopi was only in the movie for 18mins before she was killed off, right? Also the only NON-SA in the movie.

Stop arguing with me when itr comes to film. Seriously. I know you Naija zombies think as a dude you must respond to EVERYTHING including things you know NOTHING about but in my case, I suggest you dont even try it. Now when it comes to stuff like ManU, go right ahead but cinema? Please dont

But knowing your kind, you probvbaly will cos bantering with women online like market women is your job so I will be ignoring whatever ignorant BS you spew next time. Alailojuti.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:02am On Jul 30, 2013
VillageBoi: No be Naija we be? No be surname we dey use again? Teehee... grin
Who calls genevieve "Nnaji"? She's either called Genevieve Nnaji or just Genevive.

if you understand Search Engine Optimization and the way google algorithm works, you'll get the drift.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 1:26am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Who calls genevieve "Nnaji"? She's either called Genevieve Nnaji or just Genevive.

if you understand Search Engine Optimization and the way google algorithm works, you'll get the drift.

Lol I know bro, I only added that post in as a joke.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 30, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Hey illiterate

It's a discussion. I know that is foreign to Nigerians as you people only know how to hack each other up with machetes but it's something I do often. if you have issues with it, ignore me wink
You can do better than the illiterate moniker,I just saw your signature and I couldn't help but laugh.you are not a star dear,you are a torchlight sweetie and I am about to switch you off.#proudlynigerian
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by omar22(m): 9:36am On Jul 30, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Dude are you reetarded? Was Whoopi the star of the movie? was the movie NAMED after Whoopi? You are aware that Whoopi was only in the movie for 18mins before she was killed off, right? Also the only NON-SA in the movie.

Stop arguing with me when itr comes to film. Seriously. I know you Naija zombies think as a dude you must respond to EVERYTHING including things you know NOTHING about but in my case, I suggest you dont even try it. Now when it comes to stuff like ManU, go right ahead but cinema? Please dont

But knowing your kind, you probvbaly will cos bantering with women online like market women is your job so I will be ignoring whatever ignorant BS you spew next time. Alailojuti.

Ma wo Gobe yi!!! I don't know what makes you so stu.pid, but it really works. I could make a monkey out of you, but why should I take all the credit?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
*yawn*

VillageBoi are you still doing shorts btw?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stephanie Nnadi Bags Double Award As Entertainment Personality, Best Talented Ma / Voltron Defender Of The Universe / Emmanuel Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.