Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose (8171 Views)

How We Rigged Fayose Into Office – Ekiti PDP Secretary / Bayelsa PDP Suspends Chairman Over Diezani’s N40m Gift / PDP Suspends Baraje, Oyinlola, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by bcomputer101: 5:33am On Jul 24, 2013
The chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State, Mr Makanjuola Ogundipe, resurfaced in the state capital on Tuesday and announced the suspension of a governorship aspirant of the party, Mr Ayo Fayose, and three members of the state executive committee of the party.

The members of the state executive whose suspensions were also announced by Mr Ogundipe are the secretary of the party, Mr Tope Aluko; the publicity secretary, Mr Kola Oluwawole and the women leader, Mrs Busola Oyebode.

Ogundipe, who addressed newsmen in Ado Ekiti on Tuesday, expressed regret over the invasion of the party secretariat, describing it as “unfortunate and highly regretted,” and added that the state working committee of the party “after a careful study and thorough investigation” decided to suspend the people.

He said: “The transformation agenda of the Federal Government under our leader, President Goodluck Jonathan, will not be allowed to be rubbished by anybody, no matter how highly placed. The PDP is a disciplined party, therefore we will not tolerate insubordination from any individual for whatever reason.”

But Fayose, in a reaction described his suspension as “ignorable,” saying “you don’t suspend from the top, you suspend from the ward.”

“Suspending Fayose is like suspending PDP in Ekiti. Ogundipe should learn from the past. Fayose is an institution.”

Fayose, who spoke through the Director of Media of his campaign organisation, Mr. Idowu Adelusi, said: “It is an ignorable news. Ogundipe is not from Fayose’s ward. You don’t suspend from the top, you suspend from the ward.”

Also reacting, the publicity secretary of the party, Pastor Kola Oluwawole, described his suspension as an aberration, saying Ogundipe, who had earlier been suspended, could not suspend him.

Oluwawole said “Ogundipe would have to face a disciplinary committee after he had been suspended and he must clear himself of complicity in bribery.”

Speaking on his earlier suspension announced by Oluwawole last week, Ogundipe said: “We are a law-abiding people and the constitution of our party is very clear on who can suspend and who you can suspend. Article 21 (9) of our party specifies who members of the national executive committee of our party are. All state chairmen are members of the national executive committee of our party. No organ of the party can suspend them unless the national executive committee.

Source: www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/17412-ekiti-pdp-suspends-fayose-suspending-me-is-like-suspending-pdp-in-ekiti,-he-says
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by bashydemy(m): 5:55am On Jul 24, 2013
All this bunce of Jokers, 2014 never reach dem don dey get problem are this the set of people that want to wrestle power from ACN in ekiti and SW? make dem countinue the dramme... Anyway first to comment sha.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Omen100(m): 6:34am On Jul 24, 2013
Okay.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by gunuvi(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Okay na.
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by psucc(m): 7:58am On Jul 24, 2013
The center of gravity from where power flows. I hail o!
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by bloggernaija: 8:20am On Jul 24, 2013
Bunch of jokers.
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by mesther96(f): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2013
who go follow suit?
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 24, 2013
He deserves worst than that
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by crystalballs: 10:30am On Jul 24, 2013
He deserves it...
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by zuma4k(m): 10:31am On Jul 24, 2013
Reserved
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by HoldenCaulfield(m): 10:33am On Jul 24, 2013
Abeg help me check wetin be my position. Foyose or wuddayacallit who cares who even know the sonuvabitch

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 24, 2013
Y ar u pipo makin diz tifs popular nah?abeg put beta tin 4 f.p jare...mtcheeeeeeeew-''tel me beta tin jooor oooo''oppz did i 4get 2 sey 2maro ma betdy
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by bashydemy(m): 10:39am On Jul 24, 2013
Them go soon call them back jare remember Fayose is a strong PDP member from the state
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
The rate at which PDP dishes out yellow card and red card to its members this year is alarming. I won't be suprised if OBJ bags one soon

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 24, 2013
Why is PDP filled with confused people? fighting and suspension everywhere. I am tired of this party, instead of them to think of how to resolve the problems confronting nigerian they are busy holding party meeting and making noise everywhere. It time we need a change of party and i think God is beginning to answer our prayers by confusing all those PDP members.
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2013
Let me finish reading I will be back to comment.
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2013
crystalballs: He deserves it...
When a politician is so desperate for power,he is vunerable to different power plays, Fayose should take a cue from the fall of Atiku
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by moshoodn(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2013
Another crises in the offing.
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by dridowu: 10:46am On Jul 24, 2013
Political Crisis here and there, just cos 2014, is fayose still relevant in ekiti politics ?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2013
Its Ĵΰ§τ̅ a plan to deny him d right from contesting next year election 'cos dey know he's a strong block.
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Janiobi(m): 10:51am On Jul 24, 2013
kizmartino: Y ar u pipo makin diz tifs popular nah?abeg put beta tin 4 f.p jare...mtcheeeeeeeew-''tel me beta tin jooor oooo''oppz did i 4get 2 sey 2maro ma betdy
oppz did some-one 4got to tell u, GO TELL UR VILLAGE KING....LOL.....
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Olastep1(m): 10:58am On Jul 24, 2013
YOU'LL SURELY COME BACK AND RULE EKITI, MR FAYOSE. Nobody can stop U again
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Aromas: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2013
PDP as finally turns 2 confused party fill wt distracted state n national chairman. Dis d man(FAYOSE) who promise 2 bring dwn PDP in Ekiti state which he did, wen he ws call bck 2d party 4 final reconcile wt other members. Now he being suspend again. PDP shuld 4gt d govshp post in EKITI. Bcus wtout dis man dey can n can nvr win EKITI due 2 his popularity n d way he mix wt d people on d street.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by WANICEDUDE: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2013
They are joking. Dey only want to deny him frm cootesting. He's a grassroot politician.fazo. Fayose is d only relevant man in ekiti pdp. Hes d only one dat can floor any acn candidate in d electiong.
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Temismith(f): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2013
Ekiti.
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by WANICEDUDE: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2013
Aromas: PDP as finally turns 2 confused party fill wt distracted state n national chairman. Dis d man(FAYOSE) who promise 2 bring dwn PDP in Ekiti state which he did, wen he ws call bck 2d party 4 final reconcile wt other members. Now he being suspend again. PDP shuld 4gt d govshp post in EKITI. Bcus wtout dis man dey can n can nvr win EKITI due 2 his popularity n d way he mix wt d people on d street.
na true talk bro.na olubolade or fayemi at work.even d pdp knws he can do it. Only d chairman nd sme agbaya stalkholders are nt supporting
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by alphaconde(m): 11:06am On Jul 24, 2013
Fayose says his supension is same with suspending pdp in the state. Lol
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by safejourney: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2013
Is he a member of PDP? I thought the man joined LP and ACN before.
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by moscobabs(m): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2013
so why the Topic is bias? The topic suppose to be PDP SUSPENDS FAYOSE AND OTHER TOP LEADERS IN EKITI.abi u got the news from Sahara reporters ni
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 24, 2013
Olastep1: YOU'LL SURELY COME BACK AND RULE EKITI, MR FAYOSE. Nobody can stop U again
ode ni e
Re: Ekiti PDP Suspends Fayose by Tingles(m): 11:33am On Jul 24, 2013
PDP is imploding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Balarabe Musa Tips PRP To Defeat APC In 2019 / Katsina High Court Recovers Over ₦900 Million From Anchor Borrowers Scheme / Someone Should Send This Picture To Wike - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.