Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,979 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:47 AM

Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early (66108 Views)

Funke Akindele To Remarry As JJC Proposes / Why Comedienne Princess Marriage Crashed / Real Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Codedrock(m): 6:49am On Jul 24, 2013

What went wrong?

It is no more speculation that the marriage, which was contracted on Saturday May 26, 2012, months after Nigerian Entertainment Today first spotted the couple at Industry Nite, at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos, has entered seriously troubled waters.

With more angles now coming out, including allegations ‘Almaroof, the man who stole Funke’s heart last year, swept her off her feet and landed her in the altar, has become a serial baby daddy, keeping a string of affairs, and even returning to the women he had prior to the celebrity wedding with Funke Akindele, it was only a matter of time before it was all out in the air.

Just like Mercy Johnson, who had a big pre-wedding scandal on her hands after the wife of the man she was to marry stepped out and tried to stop the wedding, Funke also had disgruntled wives to contend with. There were many fans, friends and colleagues too, who felt she did not need to settle with an already married man; with the attendant drama and chaos. But, as it is in the things of love, just like Mercy, Funke went ahead to tie the knot in what was unarguably, the most expensive, most glamorous celebrity wedding of 2012.

‘Everyone close to them knows the thing is not working and Funke is very unhappy. People have been advising her. She has just been busy shooting and trying to occupy herself. They have not even lived together since, but they are not divorced, and it is not like it is officially officially over. Couples separate and come back together. Even some divorced couples still settle. So why are people talking as if this is final?’ one friend told NET, over the weekend, insisting ‘people should mind their business or pray for the couple’

She was happy beyond limits on her wedding day. And the days to come were full of bliss. So were did it all go wrong? Or was it a facade all along?

Why the marriage failed

Prior to their high society wedding, it was widely reported that Kehinde had several children from different women, a fact that was no mystery to Funke. It was reported that he was married to two of the women, an allegation that the ‘Jenifa’ star denied in an interview with a publication.

She boasted, ‘I can tell you authoritatively that my husband is not married to anyone else. Yes, he has beautiful children, who are not mine and we have a cordial relationship, which dates back to even before we got married.’

But insiders have told Nigerian Entertainment Today that the actress would later shockingly find many surprises along the way; even as husband and wife started to discover there were so many things different about each of them. ‘You know when you are in a relationship, it is always a different thing from when you are in a marriage. Funke and Kenny have always had problems but they have managed to conceal it from the public. I don’t know if they have truly separated, but the marriage was becoming shakier by the day’, a confidant who did not want to be named told us..

For months there had been concerns that Funke’s husband was rarely seen around her at most events she honoured. Mr Oloyede’s photos are nowhere to be found on Funke’s Instagram page where she’s very active.

It was also widely speculated by observers that the marriage, right from the inception, seemed like it was destined to fail because of all the controversies that surrounded it. From Kehinde’s many wives to many children, and of course alleged strings of affairs, many opined it was surely going to hit the rocks sooner or later.

Moreover, for some reason, the couple allegedly chose to live apart, an action which, sources say, did not help their bonding.

If Funke no longer trusted her husband, then she was not alone. Many say it is possible Almaroof became suspicious of a very busy woman, especially withy her endorsement galore and frequent trips. But, unlike Almaroof, it is not certain if there were confirmed instances of infidelity on Funke’s part.

‘He can never say he caught her with any man, or that she cheated’, one Funke friend told us. Many others refused to comment on what is, understandably, a sensitive issue.

Whose mistake; Funke’s or Kehinde’s?

In his Facebook message which announce to the world the crack in their marriage, Kehinde refered to Funke as the greatest mistake he has made in recent times. ’Am doing just fine, gettn along without u, don’t need u anymore in ma life. u d greatest mistake av made in recent time’, he wrote.

This assertion leaves one thinking-who made a mistake? Was it Kehinde or Funke?

Funke had everything going for her, a budding career and a growing list of endorsement. Many believe her first mistake was getting involved with a man who was already married, and was rumoured to have an unquenchable thirst for women.

Her second mistake, according to NET findings, was assuming that once she and Kehinde were married, that he would only have eyes for her. If for some reason, she thought she could change the man, then that was her third mistake.

But it is apparent Almoroof has his many goofs too, and as one pundit put it ‘they will begin to emerge in no time. All the possible misdemeanour that could make a man say his wife is the greatest mistake he’s ever made. He’ll begin to speak soon. Only a matter of time’.

http://thenet.ng/2013/07/net-special-how-funke-akindeles-1-year-marriage-collapsed/
http://www./revealed-the-real-reasons-why-funke-akin.xhtml

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Maxwell86(m): 7:28am On Jul 24, 2013
WHO Cares ??

13 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:00am On Jul 24, 2013
[quote author=Maxwell86]WHO Cares ??[/quote
Nobody cares lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Idowuogbo(f): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Correct! Na wetin she dey find she jam! Mstewww! Desperado!

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by buoye1(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2013
I knw it ryt frm tym dt she wnt lst wit dt pot belled man....gudluck 2 dem.....patience to me 4th tnz

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by AbuMikey(m): 8:12am On Jul 24, 2013
She Kowole
Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by dridowu: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2013
Hmmmmm, total speechless, funke should just look 4 a single guy that can make her happy again. Understanding of each other is important in marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Mynd44: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2013
Na wetin she find she see na.
Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by demelza: 8:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Person open her two korokoro eyes go marry dog despite all warnings.
My own love can never be blind.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by nofij(m): 8:58am On Jul 24, 2013
9th to comment*dancing awilo*

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2013
Love is deaf and dumb

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Prowizy2(m): 9:16am On Jul 24, 2013
Mtcheeew
How did this concern me?
"Rushing back to watch my por.n movie"

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Ishilove: 9:19am On Jul 24, 2013
This is the kind of nonsense that happens when you put God in the backseat when taking crucial decisions. She foolishly chose to marry a playboy who is a husband and father of multitudes, so she should also enjoy the repercussions. Shior

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Tolexander: 9:28am On Jul 24, 2013
dridowu: Hmmmmm, total speechless, funke should just look 4 a single guy that can make her happy again. Understanding of each other is important in marriage.
oga id!

You dey fall my hand!

Person used her singlehood to marry married man.
Who no know say na a widower she go take her divorce stage marry. Abi widower self na single guy?

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by angelTI(f): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2013
feeling no remorse for her @ al....

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Mynd44: 10:14am On Jul 24, 2013
Ishilove: This is the kind of nonsense that happens when you put God in the backseat when taking crucial decisions. She foolishly chose to marry a playboy who is a husband and father of multitudes, so she should also enjoy the repercussions. Shior
She thought she was Sarah na. No be her fault.....perhaps she thought it was another one of those silly movies she acts where everything ends well

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Mynd44: 10:16am On Jul 24, 2013
demelza: Person open her two korokoro eyes go marry dog despite all warnings.
My own love can never be blind.
Is her own love blind or she is just deaf and silly?

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by crystalballs: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2013
Love wantin-tin.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by dridowu: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2013
Tolexander: oga id!

You dey fall my hand!

Person used her singlehood to marry married man.
Who no know say na a widower she go take her divorce stage marry. Abi widower self na single guy?
bros i no fall ur hand oooooo, i just pity her, make she find fresh blood to cool her head
Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by dridowu: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2013
Ishilove: This is the kind of nonsense that happens when you put God in the backseat when taking crucial decisions. She foolishly chose to marry a playboy who is a husband and father of multitudes, so she should also enjoy the repercussions. Shior
truly we need God but sometimes i believe God allow things to occur in such a way so that we learn from it, i believe Funke and We all learnt a lesson from her present situation

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2013
No one Cares mehn! Who send am go 'Yerima' house? Please NeXT!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Excel30: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2013
D marriage don scatter,will d cause mend it?Fly way no hear word,na him dey follow dead body enter grave.
Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Ishilove: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
dridowu: truly we need God but sometimes i believe God allow things to occur in such a way so that we learn from it, i believe Funke and We all learnt a lesson from her present situation
Indeed. I have learnt some very salient lessons, the number one being that love should always wear high power magnifying field glasses.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Temismith(f): 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
So wen is d date for d next wedding? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
Na wa o...To think that I actually read d whole epistle n didn't get any gist on what caused d seperation asides d known fact dt her husband was a serial polygamist.

Abeg yarn me better tori jare..

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by 4reigningqueen: 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
Julieccentric: Na wa o...To think that I actually read d whole epistle n didn't get any gist on what caused d seperation asides d known fact dt her husband was a serial polygamist.

Abi o. I was wondering if i was the only one that noticed that.
@OP, if you have something new,let us know.
***closses the door and walks away***

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by 4reigningqueen: 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
Julieccentric: Na wa o...To think that I actually read d whole epistle n didn't get any gist on what caused d seperation asides d known fact dt her husband was a serial polygamist.

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Fhemmmy: 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
Idowuogbo: Correct! Na wetin she dey find she jam! Mstewww! Desperado!

Thanks to the society.
Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by Policewoman(f): 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
She looks like a MAN and she is greedy (marrying an already married man). That's why it crashed.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by AnOlAd: 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ehn ehn....
Re: Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early by CertifiedFreak(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chai, comot ur hand

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid Upsets Twitter With Racy Tweets And unclad Photo of Unidentified Lady / "U Look Drained & Pregnant" Fans React To Makeup Photos Of Davido Lover Chioma / Tboss Releases New Photos,Comes For Haters In Appreciation Post To Ubi Franklin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.