Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

White Smoke From The Engine? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / White Smoke From The Engine? (1992 Views)

Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine / White Smoke When I Start The Engine -03 Camry (EXPERTS IN D HOUSE TO RESPOND PLS / My Car Won't Start When The Engine Is Cold, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Smoke From The Engine? by kingschild123(m): 8:25am On Jul 24, 2013
What could cause a car to run sluggish then make knocking noises have white smoke from the engine then die and not start again?
Re: White Smoke From The Engine? by baconline(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
R I P engine

1 Like

Re: White Smoke From The Engine? by ojmaroni247(m): 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Its de rings and pistons,de engine is out,u hv 2 options. Either to buy a new engine/belguim or to ring de engine wit a proffessional mechanic dat went to a technical schl...but even wen de engine is ringed,it will jst hv few years to run before been knocked finally.
kingschild123: What could cause a car to run sluggish then make knocking noises have white smoke from the engine then die and not start again?
Re: White Smoke From The Engine? by ManTiger(m): 11:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
ojmaroni247: Its de rings and pistons,de engine is out,u hv 2 options. Either to buy a new engine/belguim or to ring de engine wit a proffessional mechanic dat went to a technical schl...but even wen de engine is ringed,it will jst hv few years to run before been knocked finally.
^^
He has said it all, for how long have you been using the Car? What's the make? Did you used approved engine oil? How often do you check the oil level? These are endless questions!
Re: White Smoke From The Engine? by cardoctor(m): 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
kingschild123: What could cause a car to run sluggish then make knocking noises have white smoke from the engine then die and not start again?

When an engine starts smoking, its an indication that its coming to the end of its service life. The piston rings are usually the ones that take a larger toll in the entire engine operation and are more succeptible to a higher rate of wear.

This is mostly caused by poor maintenance and low quality dervice parts such as engine oils or filters.

Once they begin to loose their strenghth as well as increased wear in the cylinder bore causing it to widen, engine oil begins to seep up and into the cumbustion chamber causing the oil to ignite with the fuel/air mixture which will ultimately mean the whitish smoke coming from the exhaust.

It may also be caused by worn out valve oil seals allowing oil also to slip down the valve stems and into the cumbustion chamber.

Unless a major overhaul is carried out, the engine will eventually knock damaging the crankshaft bearings, pistons and connecting rod journals, oil pump, camshafts etc.
The valve stem oil seals would need to be changed too as well as the valves relapped and ground.

I would simply advice you to have a replacement engine fitted as a more economical and reliable measure.
Re: White Smoke From The Engine? by cardoctor(m): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
I just took this cylinder head from a a Toyoa Sienna. Imagine the amount of sludge in the engine. I've never seen it like this before. Terrible!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Photos: 9 Safest Cars On The Road / Cost Of Original IAC (Idle Air Control) Valve For Mazda MPV Lx 2000 / Which Is A Better Option: 2003 Matrix Vs 2004 Corolla Vs 2004 Camry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.