Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos (20442 Views)

Woman Allegedly Killed By Her Husband's Brothers...they Butchered Her [G.PHOTOS] / Ex-Banker Forces His 9-Year-Old House Maid To Have MouthAction With Him In Benin / Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by wrench: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
By Evelyn Usman and Uju Mbanusi

A middle aged woman simply identified as madam Agnes is currently being detained at the State Criminal Investigations Department, SCID Panti, for allegedly beating an 11-year-old child that was staying with her to death.

The deceased identified as Angelina, was reportedly taken from her parents in far away Ogoja, Cross River state by Agnes, with a promise to send her to school, when she was barely four years old. Angelina, grew up callingher guardian mother, apparently unaware she was not her biological mother.

But things as gathered, fell apart for late Angelina after she turned 6, as she was reportedly made to carry out overwhelming house chores. Initial rebuff of such attitude from madam Rose who crime Alert learnt is related to Angelina’s mother, by neighbour was reportedly greeted with an outburst.

The dehumanising treatment on Angelina reached its peak last Friday, as she was reportedly beaten to death by her madam, for failure to carry out chores as instructed.

Investigation by Crime Alert revealed that on that fateful day, at about 5pm, Madam Agnes returned home screaming at the little girl whom neighbours said was not feeling too well. Madam Agnes reportAedly dragged Angelina into her apartment located on 75 Barracks lllane, Ajegunle and started beating her. The helpless girl was said to have shoutedfor help. But none was forth coming. Then, all of a sudden she seized crying.

Neighbours later became apprehensive after they sighted madam Agnes rush out of her room to a medicine store opposite the building. She reportedly came back with a nurse who went inside with her and rushed out again to get something.

At this point, a neighbour told Crime Alert during a visit at the building yesterday that “ we suspected all was not well. When the nursecame out , we asked what the problem was and she told us that Angelina had fainted. We all rushed inside, only to behold Angelina’s lifeless body on the ground.

On further observation, we discovered a pestleby the side with blood stain and we concluded she could have used it on Angelina”.

Another neighbour who also spoke on condition of anonymity said, “ We are not surprised at Angelina’s demise because madam Agnes had always threatened. At the slightest provocation, she would beat her withany object at her disposal. At times she would smash bottle on her head and at other times, she would use a stool on her. At a point we got angry but there was nothing we could do to alert Angelina’s biological parents”.

Asked why none of them bothered to report the abuse on Angelina to the Police, another neighbour replied, “ Police? You want madam Agnes to fight you? Even if you attempt to rescue Angelina from her grip whenever she was being beaten, Agnes would fight you and ask if you were her relative.

At a point, she resorted to locking the doors whenever she wanted to beat the girl, in orderto prevent anyone from
coming to her rescue”.

Everyone who spoke with Crime Alert described the late Angelina as a dutiful girl who never complained while carrying out any of the house chores. At times she reportedly missed schools in order to finish the chores before the arrival of her guardian. Most times neighbours said she would be made to finish the chores before taking her first meal either at noon or evening.
“Saturdays were the most hectic for the little girl as she would be made to wash her guardians clothes and those of her two grownchildren”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/c-a-l-l-o-u-s-woman-allegedly-beats-maid-to-death-in-lagos/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by chukwuinya: 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
too bad of u agnes
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by mgbeketoto: 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nigerian MADAMS again!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by EfemenaXY: 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
This is such a horrible story cry

I blame the little girl's parents. Screwing their brains out like rabbits, overpopulating the country with their spawn which incidentally they can't take care of, but ship out as housegirls/boys to people. Stup!d parents shirking their responsibilities for what? angry angry

How can any sane human being send a four year old child to work as a maid? Her parents most definitely were possessed.

May that poor child's soul rest in peace. At least she'll suffer no more pain and torture at the hands of that mad, sadistic brute, who I hope would be made to face the music.

Mtcheew!

3 Likes

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by polokor60(m): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
Majority of Nigerian women are worst than the devil's incernate with their wickedness when it involves the children of their relatives or children that are not their biological offsprings.

I recall how our former neighbour would increase the volume of her radio set whenever she intend to inflict some serious injuries on her step children over trivial issues all in the name of discipline.She always turn a blind eye to her incorrigible children who were the sploit/mischevious brats.

Some of her actions include cutting the step children bodies with razor blazes and applying grinded pepper to fresh wounds of the children(even the best dancers of the world would become learners when they were dancing to the tunes of grinded pepper and razor blazes).Funny enough you ll assume the children were dancing to the loud music emanating from their flat.

If i begin dey yarn all the wickedness of most Nigerian madams then we go know say devil na learner for where dem dey.But na dem dey sing and dance pass everybody for church on sunday ooo.What happened to this child has being happening for ages,i'm not surprise(R.I.P young child).Bunch of heartless creatures.

24 Likes

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by EfemenaXY: 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
polokor60: Majority of Nigerian women are worst than the devil's incernate with their wickedness when it involves the children of their relatives or children that are not their biological offsprings.

I recall how our former neighbour would increase the volume of her radio set whenever she intend to inflict some serious injuries on her step children over trivial issues all in the name of discipline.She always turn a blind eye to her incorrigible children who were the sploit/mischevious brats.

Some of her actions include cutting the step children bodies with razor blazes and applying grinded pepper to fresh wounds of the children(even the best dancers of the world would become learners when they were dancing to the tunes of grinded pepper and razor blazes).Funny enough you ll assume the children were dancing to the loud music emanating from their flat.

If i begin dey yarn all the wickedness of most Nigerian madams then we go know say devil na learner for where dem dey.But na dem dey sing and dance pass everybody for church on sunday ooo.What happened to this child has being happening for ages,i'm not surprise(R.I.P young child).Bunch of heartless creatures.

Sweet Jesus!

Where the frigging hell was her husband while all of this was happening? And even if he wasn't home when the evil acts were being perpetuated against his kids, did he not see the marks on them when he got home??

And for crying out loud! Where was their biological mother??!!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
I've bn sayin it time w'out number, any woman who employs d help of *maids* is simply lazy. We hv nannies, creche services and come and go house workers that will help out in ur house if u hv d need for them.
Its in nigeria that a housewife will hv two maids.
C them issuing orders and command! Even ihejiakor will never use their kind of tone!
If u so much want to help out in trainin somebody,u can do that w'out d person living with u(where u constantly remind her that u r her god)

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
this one is even worse than childbride.

i bet the woman too is against underage marriage. a kid is a kid, pls Nigerians let us protect them.

even if they are not your blood, they are humans.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2013
Wicked Neighbours, shebi now she is dead they can report and give interviews? Why didn't they go report at NAPTIP when they noticed the dehumanising treatment." Its not my business" "I don't have time", " I don't want Government or Police wahala", yet we will go to church every sunday with clean conscience that we are good samaritans

18 Likes

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by EfemenaXY: 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
^^ They said they said they kept mute because the animal used to attack / fight them for interceeding.

They kept mute because they were afraid of the she-devil

They kept mute because she used to barricade and lock the little girl up in the house before beating her black and blue cry cry

Debrief, her parents nko? Are they any better than the she-devil they sold their 4 year old daughter to?? sad sad
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
I guess she also barricaded the road to report.
Her parents were not there, these people were there for years turned a blind eye and ear because it didn't concern them. If we can't speak up for the weak and defenceless we should stop pretending to play religion

5 Likes

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
C
Efemena_xy: ^^
her parents nko? Are they any better than the she-devil they sold their 4 year old daughter to?? sad sad
Did u say parents? That's another topic for another day.
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by polokor60(m): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Sweet Jesus!

Where the frigging hell was her husband while all of this was happening? And even if he wasn't home when the evil acts were being perpetuated against his kids, did he not see the marks on them when he got home??

And for crying out loud! Where was their biological mother??!!
The husband was an offshore worker(2 weeks in and 2 weeks out).The step children were well chartered for by the step mum whenever their dad was around but when he is off,DEAR LORD HAVE MERCY.(sometimes she ll lock them out of their home.They ll ve to sleep on the passage/entrance of the house or she ll tell them to sleep on the bare floor of the bathroom/toilet all through the night to serve as a punishment.The biological mother?Maybe that ll be a script for the next edition of super story.I can't reveal much info you know say na nairaland be dis.

This na just one story oo,dem plenty ooo but i ll spare you guys the horror being perpetuated by most nigerian madams who have other children living with them.
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by kreamidiva(f): 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
She should face d music.end of discussion

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by EfemenaXY: 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
polokor60: The husband was an offshore worker(2 weeks in and 2 weeks out).The step children were well chartered for by the step mum whenever their dad was around but when he is off,DEAR LORD HAVE MERCY.(sometimes she ll lock them out of their home.They ll ve to sleep on the passage/entrance of the house or she ll tell them to sleep on the bare floor of the bathroom/toilet all through the night to serve as a punishment.The biological mother?Maybe that ll be a script for the next edition of super story.I can't reveal much info you know say na nairaland be dis.

This na just one story oo,dem plenty ooo but i ll spare you guys the horror being perpetuated by most nigerian madams who have other children living with them.

It's really heartbreaking.

Seeing, hearing and knowing people actually perpetuate such wickedness against defenceless and innocent children.

At times like this, it's hard not to wish jungle justice on these criminals...

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by AbuMikey(m): 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
Make dem beat her to Death too nau!!!!

How can You even beat your maid to death sef??
Some peaople are just too silly!
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nomski0(f): 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
Abu Mikey: Make dem beat her to Death too nau!!!!

How can You even beat your maid to death sef??
Some peaople are just too silly wicked, heartless, devilish and plain stupíd
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Yvete(f): 1:25am On Jul 26, 2013
People still give out their kids as house helps? #SAD

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2013

10 Likes

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 26, 2013
Nigeriand and their 'i-don't-care attitude' . . . Na wa oh!

Now she's dead, I wonder how those neighbors sleep at night.

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 26, 2013
OMG! Someone please smash a pestle on this woman's head please and rupture a couple of her internal organs. What a witch! Fuking psychotic imbe*cile. How about the husband? Her grown children? None could call her to order? They were so numb to the beatings?

Abeg, how much awareness is there about this Naptip? Can people report anonymously?

I hope the hungry parents of this child are happy now. Abi she will be sending them monthly small change from heaven.

RIP child.
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by nwauwa(m): 9:53am On Jul 26, 2013
Abortion should be illegal

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 26, 2013
We need mental overhaul seriously. Its so annoying.can we ever learn?
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by EfemenaXY: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: We need mental overhaul seriously. Its so annoying. can we ever learn?

No. Never.

Not with a village mentality and superstitious thinking overshadowing some folk's mentality.

I bet you, those parents were 'advised' to get rid of the child as na she be the winch tying down dem progress. How else can one explain giving out a 4 year old baby into servitude? I said "baby", because at that age, they're still in nursery, barely out of nappies for goodness sake!

Chai!! This story pain me eh, I nor go lie...
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Burger01(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2013
sad
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 26, 2013
Efemena_xy:

No. Never.

Not with a village mentality and superstitious thinking overshadowing some folk's mentality.

I bet you, those parents were 'advised' to get rid of the child as na she be the winch tying down dem progress. How else can one explain giving out a 4 year old baby into servitude? I said "baby", because at that age, they're still in nursery, barely out of nappies for goodness sake!

Chai!! This story pain me eh, I nor go lie...
Not only u. That's why I'm against this maid biz.
I've seen cases of child or maid abuse very well.no matter how good u r,u can never lv ur maid like ur blood.
Just yesterday when I took my baby to d clinic,I saw one woman carryin a baby.following her was a small gal with two big handbags that were carryin her instead of the opposite.I took another look at d madam,well dressed and carryin a baby of like 3 months!
Y'day was not public holiday,so no school for that poor gal cos madam is goin to d hospital? Or maybe she don't go at all.

Its really sad.

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by biolabee(m): 11:41am On Jul 26, 2013
chaircover: Vicious circle . . .soja beat police . .police beat man . . man beats wife . . .wife beats housemaid

very aggressive, barbaric and brutal society. Even when they talk to you, they shout.

The neighbors did bad. They could have done something even if its making an anonymous report.

Reporting albeit anonymously has never been a strong forte of naija people
It is police that will even rat you out to the thieves

Everybody keeps to themselves

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by biolabee(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
True word..

Don't forget there is servicom in all public establishments yet we still are extorrted to get licenses, passprts
Lastman still beats up drivers and conductors

My friends dad reported a theft of his car
Guess who was first arrested

The man

1 Like

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Sweet Angelina, you have gone to a better place where no one will ever hurt or torture you again. RIP dear. cry

2 Likes

Re: Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos by passionate88: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
Some women jst dey lazy to do house chores, she get house help wey dey help her instead of she to appeciate the girl na kill she use take compensate her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Paid My Children’s School Fees From Robbery Loot – Ex-policeman (pic) / Three Monkeys Arrested In Lagos For Theft / Transporter Nabbed For Diverting Clothes Worth N5.2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.