Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) (80224 Views)

Caption These Air Conditioned Houses. Pictures. / FG’s Mortgage Scheme Kicked Off With First Set Of 10,000 Houses / Lands, Houses, And Filling Stations For Sale At Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
deols:

Does the estate belong to d king?

It belongs to the Oniru Royal Family.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
According to tradition the land of Lagos belongs to the Idejo families and the Oniru family are one of the Idejo families.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
naptu2:

The controversy is not about the origin of the Oba. There are many variations on the story, but let me quickly give two accounts, just to make things clearer.

1) (Lagos version) Olofin, an Awori from Isheri, who is also believed to be a son of Oduduwa founded Lagos. He and his sons founded a fisherman cooperative society called Aladejo, or Idejo for short. He made Ashipa, a yoruba man with a Benin wife, mediator between his quarrelling children. When Ashipa died, Olofin invited Addo, the son of Ashipa, to return from Benin to take up the role (after the quarrel between Olofin and the Oba of Benin had been resolved). The Idejo gave him land, a disused pepper farm, on which he built his house (Iga Idungaran - Palace on a pepper farm). When the Europeans arrived, they mistook the wealthy mediator (Oba of Lagos) for the king.

2) (Benin version): Oba Orhogbua of Benin had established a war camp (Eko) as a base for raids against Dahomey. He placed a viceroy, Aisikahienbore, over Lagos. When the viceroyy died, Edo, his son, succeeded him. The Oba had imprisoned Olofin (who originally lived on the land) in Benin. The Oba later released Olofin after Olofin promised to obey the viceroy. The yoruba corrupted both names to Ashipa and Ado.

These are just two versions of the story. There are more. However, all the stories agree on some basic facts. (1) The Oba of Lagos came from Benin. (2) The Idejo are awori descendants of Oduduwa. (3) The Oba of Lagos owns no land, except for the palace (Iga Idungaran). The Idejo own the land of Lagos (Onikoyi owns Ikoyi, Ojora owns Ijora, Oniru own Iru [Victoria Island+Maroko], etc).

Usually, when there's a war in Lagos, the war chiefs, who came from Benin with the Oba would stay and fight, while the Idejo would retire to their lands. The dual nature of the origin of Lagos has caused a lot of controversy in the past. Some chiefs have declared that the Oba has only limited authority over them, either because (1) they were also kings in Benin (eg Obanikoro), or (2) because they see the Oba as being merely a mediator.

The Idejo families include

Oniru - they owned Iru (present day Victoria Island & Maroko)

Onikoyi - they owned Ikoyi

Ojora - they owned Ijora

Oluwa - they owned Oluwa (present day Apapa)

Oloto - they owned Oto

Onitolo & Aromire families - together they owned Idumota

Onisiwo _ they owned Tarkwa Bay & Ogogoro village

The Oniru Family were smart enough to maximise the revenue they get from their land (Oniru Royal Estate, Oniru Private Estate, Oniru Private Beach, etc) and other land owning families have followed suit. The Ojora Family went all the way to the Supreme Court to get a judgement that secures their land. Now landlords in the Ijora/Iganmu area, Guinness Nigeria, etc pay rent to the family. The Elegushi Family (royal family of Ikate) have also developed the Elegushi Private Beach.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by sambos994(m): 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
rafhell: Most of these houses are owned by foreigners.
Lebanese to be precise.

Most of the Lebanese are in Kano.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by sambos994(m): 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Eko o ni baje ooooooo

Shaiii Lagos no wonder Nigerians are claiming Lagos all over the world. Nice thread

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lagos is such a pretty place at night

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by IYANGBALI: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
This is why the whole part of a country wants to kill itself over our lands! Yes, we worked hard, we evolved a sophisticated culture for over 10,000 years! Our fathers, our leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo bequeathed more than education to us, something some people cannot "get" even if they spend all their lives in class!
wooooooooooooooooord.OTITO NI YE MEN,SPEAK ON BROTHER.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
Jesus. What a house !! cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by gerald09(m): 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
ak47mann: and how many of those buildings belong to yoruba? cool
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by kwajahafiz(m): 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
This is why the whole part of a country wants to kill itself over our lands! Yes, we worked hard, we evolved a sophisticated culture for over 10,000 years! Our fathers, our leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo bequeathed more than education to us, something some people cannot "get" even if they spend all their lives in class!

U are daft to the rafters....buddy..
Did your ignorant azz believe that its only yorubas developing lagos?....Besides lagos was not built by yorubas, it was a government territory till only some years back. shine ur eye.....foooool.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
LWKMD...Listen to all the tribal bigots on the front page yelling "Why na?"

Eki oni baje o!
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by supaeagles(m): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nice pix, cost me some serious MB to view them but worth it .... and I'm oppressed oh .... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by yuzedo: 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
OH SNAPPP!!!!! shocked

EYE CANDY FOR DAYSSSSSSS!!!!!!! SHITTTTTTT!!!!!

Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing beautiful houses.. Not even beautiful women or cars! i LOVEEEEEEEE houses!! Ah!!

......By the way, who gave you permission to upload picture of one of my houses on here?! angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Adex097: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
Can't wait to start making ma money mehn.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by MizEmerald(f): 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
ak47mann: and how many of those buildings belong to yoruba? cool
keep beefing,den use all ur money to improve yoruba land,it will still become our inheritance while leaving your own people to continue staying in their forest and wilderness,don't go and develop your own land.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by IYANGBALI: 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
amacastel: Hahhahahahahahahahahaha very beautiful pictures dis 1 we dey call am riping were u did not sow those building u see are posting here either the house is own by south south,south east,northerners like dangote or by cooperates body which comprises of different groups of people how many yourba man will leave owambe and marrying every woman he see yearly to make such investment abt 20% of them u talk abt people migrating 2 lag have ever take time to get them statical num of yourbas in streets of london wallowing while few rich of them buy houses their run to forbes to claim how rich they are my dear lagos develop wen is the federal capital u guys didn't do much pls stp making noise
that is one of the L{r}easons why we want to send you people parking,go back home and develop your place and leave our so called dirty smelling yoruba land for us,the smellier the better grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Abee79(m): 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lovely!!!!
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Adex097: 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
yuzedo: OH SNAPPP!!!!! shocked

EYE CANDY FOR DAYSSSSSSS!!!!!!! SHITTTTTTT!!!!!

Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing beautiful houses.. Not even beautiful women or cars! i LOVEEEEEEEE houses!! Ah!!

......By the way, who gave you permission to upload picture of one of my houses on here?! angry
Law number 10 says.....
*10. Don't expose the identity or post
pictures of any Nairaland member without
his/her consent.
Not» Don't expose or post the houses of any Nairaland member without his/her consent.
*dazall#
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by sugardaddy1(m): 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
ballabriggs: You see one thing I have noticed when threads like this come up is, it is those mgbeke's and agavu's that have never really lived in Lagos who come online to post crap about our Lagos.

A Lagos boy, whether Hausa Lag boy, Igbo Lag boy or Yoruba Lag boy will never write nonsense about the place. We all grew up in the same neighbourhoods, attended the same schools in Lagos, went to the same parties, the same night clubs and recreational clubs, played football and basketball together and dated the same ladies and guys. We know ourselves.

We don't need any of you Ariaria and OMMATA riffraff's coming here to tell us who owns Lagos. You can tag along with the nuisance Uwazuruike and let him lead you all to hell.

This is Lagos, our Lagos and 'Eko O Ni Baje'.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by yuzedo: 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
adaobi123: Jesus. What a house !! cool

Swerry, can i telleth u a sicret? Plis promiss u wont jump on my mouth and kiss it hard like crocrodie? wink wink wink cool

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by pharmow: 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
I wish I could put these images on every pages of western media website that portray Africa as a shiithole

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
God will punish poverty. None of those buildings worth less than 100million naira.. Una go celebrate me sef soon

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
supaeagles: Nice pix, cost me some serious MB to view them but worth it .... and I'm oppressed oh .... cheesy
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by IYANGBALI: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
MizEmerald: keep beefing,den use all ur money to improve yoruba land,it will still become our inheritance while leaving your own people to continue staying in their forest and wilderness,don't go and develop your own land.
abeg tell the oponu omo ale ajokuta ma mu omi,i don book for him uncle house wey i go park to by the time we send them parking to their so alled paradise in their villages

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

this should be Adenuga's banana island mansion

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
adaobi123: Jesus. What a house !! cool

It's owned by Subomi Balogun of FCMB
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
better houses like this full owerri and enugu
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by achi4u(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
na wa o!
You don carry come for thread, you no dey taya?

@topic
nice building of my ppl
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by jude33084(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hey you did not add Aguda, Ijesha and Bariga landscape picture? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Abuja no reach!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by pistol: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Wow..
Beautiful houses....
Am not gonna hate...
God pls bless my hustle

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
yuzedo:
Swerry, can i telleth u a sicret? Plis promiss u wont jump on my mouth and kiss it hard like crocrodie? wink wink wink cool

I promise tongue

Tell me your secret.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

World's Most Expensive House 'The One' In Bel Air, Los Angeles (Pictures) / Professional Painting Contractor / (PICS) Budget P.O.P Ceiling, Interior Decoration, Plasterboard And Many More...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.