Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha (45566 Views)

Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Homeless In America, Whose Fault Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 25, 2013
chino11:

She also said that many of those arrested along with her died in detention.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/70-persons-deported-to-onitsha-from-lagos/#sthash.L4ZRU8bU.dpuf

Satanic Fashola MUST account for the dead
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by chino11(m): 10:07am On Jul 25, 2013
Where is the clown okorosha when his clueless ideas are needed? Afterwards the destitutes shipped to the east are mainly from his imo state.
Here was the same fool who claim that APC will give Igbos presidency. Now they are shipping hardworking igbos out for no just cause. People that are aligning with yurubas should go and read Achebe's latest book 'THERE WAS A COUNTRY'.

The likes of okorosha should be lynched for not heeding the fatherly advice of the greatest African influential icon and father of modern African literature- Achebe. The resultant effect is imprison, maiming and deporting Igbos mainly members of future generation, within there own country where they sacrificed over 2million people to opt out from.

That book is a book that will transcend many many generations to come for our great great great grand children to have idea of people that they are sharing same country with. That is if Nigeria remains one afterwards.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Afam4eva(m): 10:07am On Jul 25, 2013
emiye: From Naptu's post yesterday, which i have quoted below, it is very likely those deported were destitutes who refused to learn a skill but want to remain as beggars, although none of those deported will ever accept that is the case when questioned, one even claim to own a shop, which i am almost certain is a [b]lie [/b]

How are you almost certain it's a lie. Do you know them personally?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by solomon111(m): 10:07am On Jul 25, 2013
babe_online:
you need to go to an asylum ASAP!
I need to go to an asylum,because i said many yorubas are perpetrators of criminality?
Lol.
Did you finish primary school?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by skullz: 10:08am On Jul 25, 2013
undecidedthreads like this makes me weep for nigerians. Is this how we are going to change nigeria?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by skullz: 10:08am On Jul 25, 2013
[b][/b] undecidedthreads like this makes me weep for nigerians. Is this how we are going to change nigeria?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 25, 2013
omar22:

No residential Permit!!! Working without a working Visa!! cheesy
Igbos will soon need that whenever they carry their Biafran heads and come to the developed SW.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by freecocoa(f): 10:09am On Jul 25, 2013
logica: And you actually think that Fashola being a lawyer would be dumb enough not to check the legality of his actions before carrying them out? Why do you think nobody has gone to bring in public defenders to file class action lawsuit against Lagos State?
Please educate me on the legality of his actions.

I didn't know the part of the constitution that says any Nigerian is free anywhere in Nigeria has a clause to it.

I'm waiting.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by omar22(m): 10:10am On Jul 25, 2013
zuchyblink: that lagos was developed with oil money,minus oil from lagos;lagos is dead.for the oil u are talking about that is POLITICAl OIL and real black gold.lagos cannot maintain infrastructure without oil money.

I think you have been smoking the wrong type of WEED

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Iykopee(m): 10:11am On Jul 25, 2013
When a yoruba man does sometin bad, some brainless goats from his clan will take to the extreme to justify his barbaric actions not having in mind the insurmoutable power of clairvoyance...

I beg to ask, which tribe doesnt leech on the other tribes? I praise igbo guys for working hard to catch up with the trend of times despite receiving the bitter end of the civil war. They r true progressive, And Some set of people arent comfortable seeing a person who makes progress. just the bottomline and the dauting truth

Haters take a jolly ride to blazes.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by emiye(m): 10:12am On Jul 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
How are you almost certain it's a lie. Do you know them personally?

How can someone own a shop in Lagos, was arrested for months and no one he could call in that Lagos where he owns a shop to identify him, common sense tells me he is a DESTITUTE

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Ifems(m): 10:12am On Jul 25, 2013
Eko Atlantic: I'm not against this because of hundreds of crimes ibos bring from their states to SW, hence increasing crime rate in southwest.

The briton that was kidnapped in Lagos on Monday was the handiwork of the ibos, same with the wife of one honorable like that in one of the SW states.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307240347.html/
...You are a big fat fool for making such comment.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by omar22(m): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2013
What bugs me is that the Igbo's blindly Support Jonathan Goodluck and Shepopotamus actions. If what Fashola is doing was done to TWEEDLE DUMB and TWEEDLE TW@T the Igbo's would go on a Goodluck @$$-Kissing crusade...
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by biodunid: 10:16am On Jul 25, 2013
Investors prefer Southwest, says LCCI
Posted by: Okwy Iroegbu-Chikezie Asst.Editor in Industry 3 hours ago 0
Which part of the country is most suitable for doing business? It is the Southwest, says the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), quoting investors’ and entrepreneurs’ preference.
In a statement, tagged: ‘The Nigerian Business Confidence Index (BCI),” LCCI said: “The confidence level of businesses located in the Southwest inched to a new high of 44 per cent from 38per cent and 30 per cent in Q2 and Q1.
“This is followed by companies operating in the Southeast and Southsouth, with BCI score of 31 per cent and 21 per cent respectively.”

The report said the confidence level of businesses in the Northcentral, which dropped to zero in Q2 improved dramatically with BCI score of 11 per cent. “Northeast and Northwest continue to trail between the negative and neutral confidence trajectories. We look to see how far the on-going security operation in some Northern states will impact business confidence in our Q4-2013 BCI survey,” it stated.
LCCI said the third quarter 2013 aggregate BCI sustained a positive improvement of 24 per cent from the 16.5 per cent and 10.5per cent it achieved in Q2 and Q1. This represents 13.5 per cent point movement of the index along a positive trajectory since the beginning of this year.
The steady and significant improvement of the BCI, according to the repor, suggests that business leaders are gearing towards expanding their investments and plant size in the months to come.
He said apart from the recurrent factors such as poor access to credit, security situation and the dwindling public power supply, the index posted impressive confidence across most business and economic indicators.
He also said that budget implementation and Federal Government’s security intervention in some parts of the North, impressive corporate results and the modest trends of exchange and inflation rate tend to have supported the record rise of business confidence in that section of country. The Director General of Lagos Chamber of Commerce, Muda Yusuf said for the first time, the financial sector recorded the highest confidence of 35 per cent closely followed by Hotel & Restaurant and Telecoms & Postal sectors 29per cent and 27 per cent confidence levels respectively.
He also said for the first time the agricultural sector was impressive at 18 per cent but the manufacturing sector remains disappointing at 5 per cent business confidence level. According to him, this implies that expansion and new investment in the Nigerian manufacturing sector remains largely held down by the lingering challenges confronting business environment in the country.
In their conclusion they said the 3rd quarter 2013 aggregate Business Confidence Index (BCI) sustained a significant positive improvement supported by the take-off of budget implementation across the country. He listed other positive improvements to include on-going security intervention in some parts of the North, impressive corporate results in most sectors and stable macroeconomic prices – exchange and inflation rate.
He said the improvement suggests that business leaders are likely going to expand their investments in the months. He however, noted that some investors are still wary about the state of the economy in the medium term because the lingering limiting factors are yet to be addressed.
BCI is a leading economic indicator designed to measure the degree of optimism on the state of the economy that business leaders are expressing through their activities of investing and spending. Decreasing business confidence is often a pointer to slowing economic activities because business owners are likely to decrease their investment. The more confident entrepreneurs and managers feel about the business environment, the more likely they are to make new investments, create job and impact the economy.
The 3rd quarter 2013 BCI survey covered 15 sectors and 582 (top business executives) respondents over the period, 15th May to June 18th 2013.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by chino11(m): 10:17am On Jul 25, 2013
babe_online:
Igbos will soon need that whenever they carry their Biafran heads and come to the developed SW.

Apart from Lagos which was developed by FG as former FCT and early settlers of Igbos like (Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwus) etc.

Which one is developed SW? Here is the regional capital of SW..is this what you call development or slum and shanty development.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2013
Some mischievous people are trying to make this a tribal issue. I insist is that this deportation has nothing to do with tribalism. After all, Fashola had also deported yorubas in the past. After all, what is the percentage of 70 people compared to over 50 million Igbos doing business within and outside the country?

This is about the despot, Fashola. This is about Fashola punishing the poor. This is about Fashola's satanic policies.

Deportation of Nigerians in Nigeria cannot and can NEVER be justified in any circumstance. Those who violate the law of the land should be prosecuted according to the law. And no law in Nigeria today prescribes deportation of Nigerians in Nigeria as punishment for breach of any law
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Niyinficient(m): 10:18am On Jul 25, 2013
collynzo2: All these talks about Yoruba land or South west develpoing is a bit strange. Outside Lagos, what do they have? Is it Ibadan the ancient city of brown, rusty roofs? Hahaha
Abeg, shut up jor! U whr u don go for SW? If all South Eastern states are like lagos y den do pple come to Lagos?? abeg enuf of this tribalism, we are all Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by solomon111(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2013
omar22: What bugs me is that the Igbo's blindly Support Jonathan Goodluck and Shepopotamus actions. If what Fashola is doing was done to TWEEDLE DUMB and TWEEDLE TW@T the Igbo's would go on a Goodluck @$$-Kissing crusade...
shut up.
So you want igbos to support a tyrant?
An open enemy of ndi-igbo.
Let me see any ACN/APC old scums campaigning for any political office in my area.
I go use stone break their head.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Abagworo(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2013
chino11: Where is the clown okorosha when his clueless ideas are needed? Afterwards the destitutes shipped to the east are mainly from his imo state.
Here was the same fool who claim that APC will give Igbos presidency. Now they are shipping hardworking igbos out for no just cause. People that are aligning with yurubas should go and read Achebe's latest book 'THERE WAS A COUNTRY'.

The likes of okorosha should be lynched for not heeding the fatherly advice of the greatest African influential icon and father of modern African literature- Achebe. The resultant effect is imprison, maiming and deporting Igbos mainly members of future generation, within there own country where they sacrificed over 2million people to opt out from.

That book is a book that will transcend many many generations to come for our great great great grand children to have idea of people that they are sharing same country with. That is if Nigeria remains one afterwards.

I think you need to develop your sense of reasoning a little bit. After reading the full news, I believe most of the people are insane or mad people from various parts of the country. I think Fashola got it wrong as there should be a psychiatric centre in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Oildichotomy(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2013
WHY ARE YOU GUYS STILL BASHING?
A young man sat in the comfort of his home and threw some tiny particles of livefeeds on the ground, and you guys started fighting like some senseless chickens.
We from the other side of the divide laugh at your glaring display of immaturity and foolishness from supposedly big majority ethnic nationalities.
I hate to say this but i am very disappointed in the both of you fighting over who is better and who's not.
What happens to the popular ''drawing board'' and ironing out issues and probably break this annoying marriage?
Emancipate yourselves from mental and ethnic slavery, none but ourselves could free our minds.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by logica(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2013
freecocoa: Please educate me on the legality of his actions.

I didn't know the part of the constitution that says any Nigerian is free anywhere in Nigeria has a clause to it.

I'm waiting.
Eh, see this one. Why do you think the Nigeria Police can pick you up and lock you up for "wandering" if you do have freedom of movement? Go ask them first, then if they can't answer you satisfactorily, come back again to ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2013
coastal queen:
As in ehn, i stepped into ekiti for my youth service and I felt like i had suddenly gone back to the 18th century(chineke meeeeeeeeeee!) see houses(mud piles). chei! I then understood why they overhype lagos. Later they will ask you why you build houses in the east( mind you any thing an Ibo man has here in the SW know he has times 2 in his village). All you yorubas hating, go and develop your villages. the day Hurricane atlantic oceania will swallow lagos, we will see it coming and run back to our mansions in the east. where will you guys run to ehn kwa? grin
While Yorubas have something to hype(Lagos), you guys have nothing to hype. See the difference?
Also if any hurrican should come and wipe the goodworks that are being done in Lagos, the Yorubas will rise again, and this time it will be the Oyo state that Solomon dissed.
I will like to hear what you leeches will have to say then.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by nduchucks: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2013
Section 35 (6) of our Constitution:

Any person who is unlawfully arrested or detained shall be entitled to compensation and public apology from the appropriate authority or person; and in this subsection, "the appropriate authority or person" means an authority or person specified by law.

The transportation and deportation of these Nigerian citizens constitute minimally, unlawful detention. Fashola and Lagos state must compensate these people and offer them a public apology as required by the constitution.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by chino11(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2013
Onlytruth:

What we are reading here amounts to ETHNIC CLEANSING.
People died in this criminal assault on the Nigerian constitution.
Fashola should be held personally accountable.

Igbos needs to chart a new course to check these yurubas..
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by logica(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2013
I really don't know what the noise is about as we all know the "deportees" will be on the next wooden truck back to Lagos within a few days. It is not like their passports have been stamped and they will be turned back at the Lagos gateway. This is nothing but a direct message to other state governors: "Develop your states". Simple.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by solomon111(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2013
Abagworo:

I think you need to develop your sense of reasoning a little bit. After reading the full news, I believe most of the people are insane or mad people from various parts of the country. I think Fashola got it wrong as there should be a psychiatric centre in Lagos.
Fucck off,you as$licker.
These are the same set of people you want ruling over Nigeria.
You want yoruba bigots in charge of Nigeria.
May God save you from your naievity.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by omar22(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: shut up.
So you want igbos to support a tyrant?
An open enemy of ndi-igbo.
Let me see any ACN/APC old scums campaigning for any political office in my area.
I go use stone break their head.

Who is a Tyrant Fashola or Goodluck? (a.k.a Retardinho de Souza De Lima)

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by solomon111(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2013
logica: Eh, see this one. Why do you think the Nigeria Police can pick you up and lock you up for "wandering" if you do have freedom of movement? Go ask them first, then if they can't answer you satisfactorily, come back again to ask me.
See this illiterate comparing apples and oranges.
Wow.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 25, 2013
zuchyblink: that lagos was developed with oil money,minus oil from lagos;lagos is dead.for the oil u are talking about that is POLITICAl OIL and not real black gold.lagos cannot maintain infrastructure without oil money.
Oil Nigeria!
Long live Nigeria! Na because of oil
the oil is reducing its value rapidly.
Tha is why the value of the Nigerian money has decreased more.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Onlytruth(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2013
Abagworo: I'm in support of Fashola. Igbos need to stop investing outside Igboland and come back home. Most rich Yorubas in Port Harcourt refuse to buy land or use Port Harcourt as their head office even though they make more money here. You can't be investing all your life earnings in other parts of Nigeria and at the same time calling for Biafra. We need to retrace our steps.

Abagworo honestly your logic is upside down again as always. This is the point Chino11 keeps making about you, and I see it, just that I try to take it easy with you because of sane brothers from Imo state.

Did you see any Igbo condemning this and calling for Biafra on this thread? Aren't those calling for Biafra sharing your views that it serves Ndigbo right? Did you see any of them say they want to keep Lagos and still want to secede?
Isn't this a figment of your imagination as usual?
Why are you so cowardly that you can NEVER stand up against injustice meted out against Ndigbo by Yoruba people?
What are you afraid of BTW? Is your native doctor from Ijebu or what.
Nwanne onye mere gi ihe a?
Tufiakwa!

I told you that I am a far more convinced one Nigerianist than you can ever be because I understand it and gain from it more than you. cool
Now you are calling for Umu Igbo to stop investing in other parts of Nigeria. Which kain one Nigerianist are you?
You condemn people for living in their own country and hustling in it.
Tomorrow when they start kidnapping you, you run to Port Harcourt.
Are you from Rivers state? Why do you live there?

As from today, you must stop mentioning Anambra state with your cowardly mouth.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by logica(m): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: See this illiterate comparing apples and oranges.
Wow.
Trust me, your FATHER is an illiterate. If your entire lineage come for teaching, I will try and educate you all.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 25, 2013
logica: And you actually think that Fashola being a lawyer would be dumb enough not to check the legality of his actions before carrying them out? Why do you think nobody has gone to bring in public defenders to file class action lawsuit against Lagos State?
thanks for saying that. Some people are just plain dumb with an IQ that is less than the number of words used to spell the word LAGOS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri / Ngige Looking At Obiano's Swag At Ekwueme's Burial (Photo) / Igboho Wept Like A Child, His Wife Was Crying Too - Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.