Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Keshi Hints At Joel Obi Invitation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Hints At Joel Obi Invitation (700 Views)

Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit / Joel Obi/mikel Obi / Is Joel Obi Related To Mikel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Hints At Joel Obi Invitation by CLT123(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2013
Stephen Keshi has confirmed that he has established communications with Inter Milan midfielder Joel Obi, but has given conditions for the player's return to the national team.

The Super Eagles coach made this disclosure to newsmen at a media briefing on Wednesday at the Bolton White Hotel, where the national team have been camping in preparation for their crucial African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifying game against Ivory Coast.

Keshi, who described Obi as ‘a son’, disclosed that the player has declared his allegiance to the national team and would be invited provided he can stay free from injuries.

“Yes, I spoke with him several times since the last media parley with you guys last Wednesday,” Keshi confirms.

“Joel is like a son to me and I love the way he plays. He is skilful and has the talent of a great player. I have spoken with him many times now and he has given assurances of playing for the team any time I invite him.

“I only pray that he doesn’t sustain injuries again so that he can contribute his quota to the team also.”
Re: Keshi Hints At Joel Obi Invitation by CLT123(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2013
Super Eagles and Inter Milan attacking midfielder, Joel Obi, has sent cheering news to Nigerian soccer fans that he would be ready for the all important Super Eagles’ final Group F game against Flames of Malawi in the second leg of the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying match between the two teams holding in Nigeria on September 5, 2013.
Speaking from his base in Italy on Thursday, the talented midfielder said he has passed through all the necessary steps for recovery and be would joining Inter on July 10, 2013 for full training sessions for coming new season in Europe.
The player is particularly happy that he has a brighter chance of getting involved in Nigeria’s battle for one of the tickets for the 2014 World Cup, which is getting to a final crescendo with the final group F match against Malawi in Nigeria on September 5, 2013.

Obi said: “Firstly I want to thank God Almighty for helping me to see through the process of my recovery from the injury that has stopped me from playing for my club and country for some time now.
“I want to tell you especially that I will be re-joining my teammates for full training sessions in July 10. So that means I will be back fully on that day and I am really happy about this. It is not easy to pass through the process of recovery from injury but as a professional football player that is one of the things we must pass through. But the joy of rejoining my teammates in Inter really makes me happy.”

Obi, who has always been impressive while playing for the Eagles before he was injured, said he would be ready for the September 5, 2013 World Cup qualifying match against Malawi in Nigeria.
He said: “I should be ready for the next Eagles match if I continue to improve in my fitness level. Like I said, I will be back in Inter for preparations for the next season. So let us see how it goes from there, but I sincerely wish and hope to play for the Eagles in the next World Cup qualifying match.”
He, however, expressed happiness in the Nigerian team for waxing stronger since they won the 2013 African Cup of Nations in February (2013) in South Africa.

He added: “I will confess to you that I am a proud Nigerian here in Italy foe what the Eagles has done so far, most especially by winning the Afcon 2013 in South Africa. The Eagles have really done well and I am very happy about it. I am a proud man here and I watched the Confederation Cup on with pride and happiness with the way the team played their three matches against very strong team like Spain and Uruguay.”
Re: Keshi Hints At Joel Obi Invitation by Nomski0(f): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2013
Invite as many as you can big boss, from leagues all over the world...it'll create some healthy competition and reduce overdependence on players.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Hints At Joel Obi Invitation by tonydoes: 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Joel is a top player..id be happy to see him back in the green and white...http://gidigooner..com/
Re: Keshi Hints At Joel Obi Invitation by lexyman(m): 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nomski0: Invite as many as you can big boss, from leagues all over the world...it'll create some healthy competition and reduce overdependence on players.

You are right ! It will create healthy competition , I see the eagles waxing stronger in every department of the team . Go super Eagles !!!
Re: Keshi Hints At Joel Obi Invitation by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
PRAISE THE LORRD! keshi knows exactly what he's doing. I cant wait to see Nigeria in the World Cup
Re: Keshi Hints At Joel Obi Invitation by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
Yes not on J.Obi even ade akinbiyi, he is 38 and has a lot of experience

(1) (Reply)

Blessing Okagbare Came First In 100m Semifinal / Which Football Club Do You Support And Why ? / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria To Be Televised Live In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.