Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

About Singapore! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / About Singapore! (7365 Views)

How Long Is An Air Flight From Nigeria To Singapore? / Watch This Video Before You Think About Malaysia Or Singapore Visa / Nigerians Now Require Visa To Singapore! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Singapore! by honeydrop(f): 8:28am On May 27, 2008
my cousin got a resident permit in singapore,wat advatage does dat have over nigeria,she asked me 4 d advice,she wants 2 knw whether its worth leaving nigeria 4 singapore on a residen permit
your views please,
Re: About Singapore! by smile4kenn(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2008
Singapore is the best place to live in Asia and the unemployment rate there is less than 2%. If she can secure a good Job in singapore, then am sure its worth going. Its a very nice country with hundreds of tourist coming everyday. There are so many nigerians working in Singapore.

1 Like

Re: About Singapore! by akinalabi(m): 10:56am On May 27, 2008
That's the place I'll like to visit next. Heard so many great
things about the place.
Re: About Singapore! by landis(m): 12:55pm On May 27, 2008
Singapore is very nice, if its real residence permit, your cousin should take it.

also, it is visa-free for nigerians, you can visit any time.

but it is very expensive, most people survive on govt debt and it's size of Lagos Island + VI.

above all, it is VERY CLEAN, much cleaner than any European City.

there is 'mama africa' restuarant in Habour Front.
Re: About Singapore! by kenflipper(m): 3:46pm On May 27, 2008
Pls correct me if i m wrong!, if your cousin got residence permit in Singapore she would require little or no advise cos' she's already been there for a while now. And certainly she would have known the worth of it. Other views on the post described life in Singapore. However what they didnt describe is the second side of singapore when u flip the coin.
It has the lowest crime rate in the world. One of the most organised and green country that i have ever seen. living in singapore is like living in a programmed computer game. There is a fine or jail term for virtually every bad habit e.g chewing a gum, improper behaviour, fighting, failure to use a seat belt even when seated at the back seat etc. Ignorance is the worst defence you can give to a judge in singapore and the penalty for ignorance is a double punishment. Inform your cousin if she hasnt been to singapore and has a work permit, she should reconfirm her docs, last i knew you have to be in singapore to procure ur work permit. Except if they have an embassy in Nigeria that document might not be geniue. And if i m right a jail time of between 2-5yrs could be around the corner on arrival at the airport.

2 Likes

Re: About Singapore! by smile4kenn(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2008
i was amazed when i visited singapore early this year and i saw that chewing gum is a crime, Anyway, its the most organized country in d world. Very small country, u can travel round the country in just a day.
Re: About Singapore! by femo2000(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2008
Singapore is a very nice place to live, my dad had been there 2wice on business trips and he says its heaven on earth,

its so organized and cleaneessssst city state, all roads tarred, good transport system i.e bus, taxi and MRT (railway) every thing automated.

He also says they respect age especially at the immigration point at the airport. and they are polite and hospitable people. even in the public bus, a young boy would stand up for an elderly or pregnant woman to sit .(I wonder when that will happen in Nigeria). The issue is if you are cautious and polite as well they will replicate it. so as a Nigerian Behave.

He also said you dont eat in the pub. bus, and if yoou drop waste on the floor its $$500 sing dollars.

The amazing thing is that there is food everycorner even in 20-30 storey buildings. I wonder How d govt manage to do that.

He said the average pay per hour is about SGD$8-SGD$10

I am actually thinking of visiting there for christmas
Re: About Singapore! by prupru(m): 3:52am On Sep 10, 2015
Please give me good website i can use to apply for jobs in Singapore
I really would want to relocate to Singapore

1 Like

Re: About Singapore! by Tokyo50: 6:17am On Sep 11, 2015
According to the Singapore high commission website (London ), Nigerians need a visa to enter Singapore. (Level II)

Source: mfa.gov.sg

Entry requirement for all foreigners

Visa application is required for citizens / passport holders of the following countries:

Nationals of Assessment Level I Countries

Georgia, Guinea, India, Myanmar, People’s Republic of China, Sierra Leone, Commonwealth of Independent States (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan), Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity and Holders of Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit

Nationals of Assessment Level II Countries

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.

APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR LEVEL II COUNTRIES:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
Form 14A to be completed and signed by the applicant, and submitted together with the following documents:
One recent passport-sized colour photograph taken within the last 3 months.
Photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish. Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide facial features)

Original passport together with photocopies of the relevant pages (bio-data page, valid UK visa/residence permit in the UK, visa endorsement to your next destination after Singapore)
Please ensure that, at the time of submission, the passport is valid for at least 6 months upon your arrival date in Singapore
A photocopy of your confirmed return/onward ticket/flight*/cruise itinerary (*showing the flight numbers, dates of entry into and out of Singapore)

Fee of £15.00 (exact amount) in cash or British Postal Order made payable to "SINGAPORE HIGH COMMISSION" [The High Commission does not accept payment by personal cheque, debit or credit card. The visa processing fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of your application]
Official translations of the documents are required if they are not in the English language.

For Social Visit (visiting friends, relatives and for tourism), the following are required:

Either

Completed Form V39A (Letter of Introduction for Visa Application)
The Letter of Introduction must be completed by your local sponsor who must be either Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident residing in Singapore at the time of application. A photocopy of your sponsor's Singapore Identity Card (both sides) is also required. Your sponsor must be at least 21 years of age and above
or
Documentary proof of hotel booking in Singapore

A letter of introduction from your embassy to support your visa application will also be accepted if you are unable to furnish either (i) or (ii)

For Business Visit (attending business meeting/discussion/negotiation, the following are required:

Completed Form V39A (Letter of Introduction for Visa Application)
The Letter of Introduction must be completed by your local contact. The local contact must be a Singapore registered business entity. The person acting on behalf of the business entity must be either a Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident
Computer printout of the Singapore registered entity's detailed business profile (showing the names of all directors/shareholders) from the Instant Information Service, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and printed within the last 3 months
If you are unable to provide a letter of introduction from a local contact, you
may approach your Embassy to issue you with a Letter of Introduction to
support your visa application

A letter from your employer to certify your employment status and the purpose of your trip to Singapore

For postal application, you are required to enclose a self-addressed, pre-paid [up to 500g] Royal Mail "special delivery" envelope, for the return of your documents.

PROCESSING TIMES

For Level 1 countries, the average processing time is 3 working days and for Level 2 countries, the average processing time is 2 weeks. The processing time does not include the day of submission and the Royal Mail delivery time. Please note that the processing time quoted is approximate and cannot be guaranteed. Each application for an entry visa is considered on its own merits. The applicant may be required to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.

1 Like

Re: About Singapore! by Tokyo50: 6:25am On Sep 11, 2015
Application Procedures for Social or Business Visa Applicants

It is mandatory to provide an Invitation letter or Hotel booking confirmation which clearly indicates the NRIC / FIN no., Name and Designation of the signatory.

Processing Time
Three to Four working days.

Fees (in local currency)

Operating Hours
Mon – Fri - Submission - 9.00 am to 11.00 am; Collection - 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Sat & Sun – Closed.

The same requirement posted on their high commission website, Lagos.
Re: About Singapore! by cutieme(m): 7:03am On Sep 11, 2015
Tokyo50:
Application Procedures for Social or Business Visa Applicants

It is mandatory to provide an Invitation letter or Hotel booking confirmation which clearly indicates the NRIC / FIN no., Name and Designation of the signatory.

Processing Time
Three to Four working days.

Fees (in local currency)

Operating Hours
Mon – Fri - Submission - 9.00 am to 11.00 am; Collection - 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Sat & Sun – Closed.

The same requirement posted on their high commission website, Lagos.
Please how do one get an hotel to book over there?
Re: About Singapore! by Tokyo50: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2015
cutieme:
Please how do one get an hotel to book over there?

Just use hotels.com or agoda.com and book a hotel of your budget.

I have stayed in Little India area of Singapore and paid $40 Singaporean a night in a clean room.
Re: About Singapore! by cutieme(m): 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
Tokyo50:

Just use hotels.com or agoda.com and book a hotel of your budget.

I have stayed in Little India area of Singapore and paid $40 Singaporean a night in a clean room.
Thanks but how much can one get the visa and ticket fare too?
Re: About Singapore! by zoejosh: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
@cutieme...give me your price range for the hotel you want and i will work on it
Re: About Singapore! by Tokyo50: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
cutieme:
Thanks but how much can one get the visa and ticket fare too?

About the visa fee, you need to call the Singapore high commission in Nigeria .

You can buy your tickets online or in any travel agent. You can book your room in Singapore online as well from agoda.com for example.

Some travel sites like Travelocity.com, you can buy ticket and hotel at the same time. Please go to their site. You need a credit card .
Re: About Singapore! by chaiks: 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hello gurus in the house. I recently stumbled on the Singapore thread. It's actually an Asian country I v been dreaming to study and live in. But I want to ask if they give scholarships to Nigerian students and are there part time Jobs there?. I intend to go for masters degree in international relations /politics.
Re: About Singapore! by saheedoladapo(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
hello house,I hail ooo..is my pleasure to be in Singapore but my agent want to get me 2month Visa but please all my nija brothers..do you think is possible for me to work with 2month visa.. please give prastermol I have water here.. thanks
Re: About Singapore! by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
saheedoladapo:
hello house,I hail ooo..is my pleasure to be in Singapore but my agent want to get me 2month Visa but please all my nija brothers..do you think is possible for me to work with 2month visa.. please give prastermol I have water here.. thanks

What kind of Visa ? undecided
Re: About Singapore! by Cousin9999: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2020
Scam ^

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of DHL Delivery Form Nigeria To Germany / NDLEA Officers At Murtala Muhammed Airport / How do i Travel To China,what it takes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.