Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,490 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Indian Ghost Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Indian Ghost Stories (1886 Views)

Why All The Ghost Stories??? / A Tour With A Ghost / Ghost-full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
Disclaimer-this story belongs to S.MUKERJI

I have always heard about ghost stories and tought it false untill i came across a compilation of mr. S. Mukerji works, which i would love to share wit u all. Enjoy!!!
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
PREFACE-I do not know whether writing ghost stories is a mistake. Most readers will like a ghost story in which towards the end it is found that the ghost was really a cat, dog or a misterious boy.
Such ghost stories are a source of pleasure, and are read as a pastime and are often vastly enjoyed, because though the reader is a bit afraid of what he does not know,still he lies to be assured that ghosts do not in reality exist.
Such ghost stories i have often myself read and enjoy it, however,cannot be denied that particular incidents do sometimes happen in such a way that they take our breath away.
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 6:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
CHAPTERS
I-THE YOUNG WEALTHY FARMER

II-WILHELM II AND THE WHITE LADY OF THE HOHENZOLLERNS

III-HIS DEAD WIFE'S PHOTOGRAPH

IV-THE MAJOR LEASE

V-THE OPEN DOOR

VI-WHAT UNCLE SAW

VII-THE BOY WHO WAS CAUGHT

VIII-THE STARVING MILLIONAIRE

IX-THE BRIDAL PARTY

X-A STANGE INCIDENT

XI-WHAT THE PROFESSOR SAW

XII-THE BOY POSSESSED

XIII-THE EXAMINATION PAPER

XIV-THE MESSENGER OF DEATH

PLS GRAB A SEAT AND ENJOY

UR COMMENTS AND CORRECTIONS ARE ULTIMATELY WELCOMED
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
following.
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
CHAPTER I-THE WEALTHY YOUNG FARMER
Twenty years ago, near honey grove in texas, james Zigland, a wealthy young farmer won the hand of metilada tichnor, but jilted her a few days before the day fixed for thier wedding.
The girl, a celebrated beauty, became despondent and killed herself. Her brother, phil, went to James Ziegland's home and after denouncing him, fired at him. The bullet grazed the cheek of the faithless lover and buried itself in a tree. Young Tichnor, suposing he had killed the man, put a bullet into his own head, dying instantly.
Ziegland, subsequently married a wealthy widow. All this was ofcourse 2years ago. The other day the farmer James Ziegland and his son cut down the tree in which the Tichnor's bullet had lodged.
The tree proved too tough for splitting and so a small charge of dynamite was used. The explosion discharged the long forgotten bullet with great force, it pierced Ziegland's head and he fell mortally wounded. He explained the existence of the mysterious bullet as he lay on his deathbed.
(the pioneer, Allahabad-(india)31st jan 1913)
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2013
Update coming up later, gudmorningcheesy
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 9:14am On Jul 26, 2013
CHAPTER II-WILHELM II AND THE WHITE LADY OF THE HOHENZOLLERNS

A great deal has been written and said concerning yhe various appearances of the famous white lady of the hohenzollerns. As long as the 15th century she was seen for the first time, in the old castle of neuhaus, in bohemia, looking out at noonday from an upper window of an inhabited turret of the castle, and numerous indeed are the stories of her appearances to various persons connected with the royal house of prussia.
She came upon a man called Wilhelm II a great warlord who she visited three times.
Heres one of them which took place one night; the hour was late: the court, which was then in residence at the residence at the palace of potsdam, was wrapped in slumber; all was quiet. There was an almost death-like silence in the palace.
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2013
"continue"

in one wing were the apartments of the Empress, where she lay sleeping; in the opposite wing slept one of her sons; the other princes were in Berlin. In an entirely differnt part of the royal residence, guarded by three sentinels in a spacious antechamber, sat the Emperor in his private study.
He had been lately, greatly engrossed in weighty matters of state, and for some time past it had been his habit to work thus, far into the night.
That same evening the chancellor, Von Betham-Hollweg, had had a private audience of his majesty, and had left the royal presence precisely 11:30pm, carring an enormous dossier under his arm. The Emperor had accompanied him as far as the door, shaken hands with him, then return to his work at his writing desk.
Midnight struck, and still the Emperor, without making the slightest sound, sat on within the room. The guards without began to grow slightly uneasy, for at midnight punctually, it was the Emperor's unfailing custom, when he was working late at night to ring and order a light repast to be brought to him. Sometimes it used to be a cup of thick chocolate with hot cakes, sometimes a few sandwiches of smoked ham with a glass of munich beer. But this night as midnight struck the guards awaited the royal commands in vain. The Emperor had apparently forgot to order his midnight meal!!!
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 10:25am On Jul 26, 2013
"continue"

one o'clock in the morning came, and still the Emperor's bell had not sounded. Within the study, silence continue to reign--hence as profound lndeed as that of grave. The uneasiness of the three guards outside increased; they glanced a each other anxious faces, was thier royal master taken ill? All during the day he had seemed to be labouring under the influence of some strange, suppresed excitment, and as he had bidden goodbye to the chancellor, the had noticed that he had been smitten with sudden indisposition. And yet, after all, he had probably only fallen asleep; whoever whichever it was, however, the were uncertain how to act.

If they thrust ceremony aside and entered the study, they knew that very likely they would expose themselves to the royal anger. The order was strict, "when the Emperor works in his study no ane may enter it without being bidden " should they inform the lord chamberlain of the palace? But if there was no sufficient serious reason for such a step, they will incur his anger, almost as terrible to face as that of thier royal master.

A little time dragged by, and at last, deciding to risk the consequences, the guards approached the study. One of them, the most courageous of the three lifted a heavy curtain, and glance into the room beyond, then, returning to his companions said in a low voice and with a terrified gesture towards the interior of the study:
"Look"
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by beyonDskygirl(f): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
*following*
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
"Continue"

the guards obeyed him and an alarming spectacle met thier eyes, in the middle of the room, biside a big table littered with papers and military documents, lay the Emperor, stretched full length upon the thick carpet, one hand, as if to hide something dreadful from view, across his face. He was unconscious, and while two of his guards endeavour to rivive him, the other ran for the doctor. Upon the doctor's arrival they carried him into his sleeping chambers and succeded in reviving him. The Emperor then with trembling accents, told his astound listeners what had occured.

"Exactly at midnight"
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by siempere(m): 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Gud one im following too...
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
the first chapter was kind of short,nice story though.
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2013
"continue"

Exactly at midnight, acording to his custom, he had rung the bell which was the signal that he was ready for his repast. Curioysly enough, neither of the guards, although they had been listening for it, had heard the bell.
He had rung quite mechanically, and had turned again to his writing desk directly he had done so. A few minutes later he had heard the door open and footsteps approach him across the soft carpet. Without raising his head from his work he had commenced to say :"bring me..."
then he raised his head expecting to see the buttler awaiting his orders. Instead his eyes fell upon a shadowy female dressed in white with a long flowing black veil trailling behind her on the ground. He rose from his chair, tettified and cried: "who are you, and what do you want"
At the same moment, instinctively, he placed his hand upon a service revolver which lay upon the desk. The white figure, however, did not move, and he advance towards her. She gazed at him, retreating slowly backwards towards the end of the room, and finally disappeared through the door which gave access to the antechamber. The door, however, had not opened, and the three guards outside had neither seen or heard anything.
At the moment of her disappearance the Emperor fell into a swoon, remaining in that condition till the guards saw him and he was revived.
Such was one of the stories gaining ground everyday in berlin of the first three appearances of Lady of the Hohenzollerns to Emperor Kaiser.

"Sorry for the delayed update, my phone had some faults"

"Happy sunday"
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
Thanks@Elyna@Siempere
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
CHAPTER III- HIS DEAD WIFE'S PHOTOGRAPH

A friend of mine, a clerk in my office, was an amateur photographer, called Mr. Jones. Jones had a sanderson carmera with a ross lens. Mr smith another clerk in our office, invited mr Jones to take a likeness of his wife and sister-in-law. Jones was a keen photographer himself. He had photographed and had given every staff a copy of his handiwork including the cleaners and sweepers.
So he most willingly consented and anxiously waited for the sunday on which the photograph was to be taken. Early on sunday morning Jones went to the Smith's. The arrangement of light in the varendah was such that a photograph could only be taken after midday, and so he stayed there till lunch.
At about one in the afternoon all arrangements were complete and the two ladies, mrs smiths, were made to sit in two cane chairs and after long and careful focusing, and moving the camera about an hour, Jones was satisfied at last and an exposure was made. Mr Jones was sure that the plate was all right; he wrapped up his things and went home promising to develop the plate the same night and bring a copy of the photogaph the next day to office
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2013
"Continue"

The next day, which was a monday, Jones came to the office very early, and i eas the first person to meet him.
"well my photographer" i asked "what success?"
"i got the picture all right," said Jones, unwrapping an unmounted picture and handling it over to me
"most funny, don't you think so?"
"no, i don't... I think it is all right, at any rate i did not expect anything better from you..." i said.
"no," said jones "the funny thing is that only two ladies sat..." "quite right," i said "the third stood in the middle."
"There was no third lady at all there...", said jones.
"then you imagined she was there, and there we find her..." "i tell you, thre were only two ladies there when i exposed" insisted Jones, looking worried.
"Do you want me to believe that there were only two persons when the plate was exposed and three when it was developed?" I asked.
"That is exactly what happened," said Jones.
"Then it must be the ost wonderful developer you used, or was it that this was the second expoosure given to the same plate?"
"the developer is the one which i have been using for three years now. A number of other clerks had come up in the meantime, and were taking great interest in jones statement.
According to the picture when the plate was actually exposed threr were only two ladies, both of whom were sitting in cane chairs. When the picture was developed there was a figure in the picture, that of a lady, standing in the middle. She wore a broad-edeged dhoti(dont forget this is indian dressing), only the upper half of her body being visible, the lower backs of the cane chairs. She was behind the chairs and consequently out of focus. Still everthing was clear. Even her long necklace was visible through the little opening in the dhoti near tge right shoulder. She was resting her hand on the backs of the chairs and he fingers were nearly out of focus, but a ring-finger was clearly visible. She looked like a handsome young woman of twenty-four, short and thin. One of the ear-rings are clearly visible, although the face itself was slightly out of focus. One thing, and probably the funniest thing, that we overlooked then but observerd afterwards, was that behind the two ladies, who were one and each side, covered up the bars to a certain height from the bottom with thier bodies, but the lady in the middle was partly transparent because the bars of the window were faintly visible through her. This fact, however, as I have said already. We did not observe then. We only laughed at Jones and tied to assure him that he was either drunk or asleep.
At this moment Smith of our office entered, removing the trouser clips from his legs.
Smith took the unmounted photograph, looked at at for a minute, turned red and blue and green finally very pale. Ofcourse we asked him what the matter was and this was what he said:
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 2:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
"Continue"
"The third lady in the picture is was my first wife, who has been dead these eight years. Before her death she asked me a number of times to have her photograph taken. She was used to say that she had a presentiment that she might die.

Ur comments are veruly welcomed pls8-)8-)
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
still following.
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
more ink to your pen,hope your phone is better now.
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
elyna: more ink to your pen,hope your phone is better now.

thanks, its better now
Re: Indian Ghost Stories by Therock5555(m): 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
"continue"

I did not believe in her presentiment myself, but i did not object to the photograph. So one day i ordered a carriage and asked her to dress up. We intended to go to a good professional. She dressed up and the carriage was ready, but as we were going to start news reach us that her mother was dangerously ill. So we went to see her mother instead. The mother was very ill so i had to leave her there. Immediately afterwards i was sent away on duty to another station and so could not bring her back. It was infact after three months and a half that i returned and then though her mother was all right, my wife was not. Within 15days of my return she died of puerperal fever after child birth and the child died too.

A photograph of her was never taken. When she dressed up for the last time on the day she left my home she had the necklace and the ear rings on, as you see her wearing in the picture. My present wife has them now but she does not generally put them on.

This was too big a pill for me to swallow. So i at once took french leave from my office, bagged the photograph and rushed out on ,y bicycle. I went to Mr. Smith's house and looked Mrs Smith up of course, she was much astonished to see a third lady in the picture but could not guess who she was. This I had expected, as supposing Smith's story was true, this lady had never seen her husband's first wife.

The elder brother's wife,however, recognized the picture at once and virtually she repeated the story which Smith had told me earlier that day. She even brought out tht necklace and the ear rings for my inspection and conviction. They were the same as those in the photograph.

All the principal newspaper of that time got hold of the fact and within a week there was many number of applications for the ghostly photograph. But Mr Jones refused to supply copies of it to anybody for various reasons, the principal being that smith would not allow it cus of obnoxious reasons. Its now being seven years since the event mentioned happened, and the dead girl has never appeared again.

(1) (Reply)

Cindy Rella: A Story / Flood Ravishing Delta State / Okon And Ibe The Vilage Boys ( Comedy And Suspense)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.