Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:04 AM

Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 (46584 Views)

A Guide To Every Country That Gained Independence In 1960 And How Were Named / Other Countries That Gained Independence In 1960 And How They Got Their Names / Constitution Of The Federation Of Nigeria (1960) And Other Nigerian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 26, 2013
Policewoman: So what is your point Obiageli? I'm pretty sure there are places in Lagos and Abuja that are like this.
My sister let's not deceive ourselves nigeria is wasting its resources while others are developing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by illicit(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2013
OP, ur comparison is offpoint, is nigeria d only country in d wrold with ghettos? U can as well compare banana island with mushin....... Y nt compare equals wit equals
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 26, 2013
All EXCUSE!

WHO CREATED THE PROBLEM?
souldust: and how many people do they have to feed? How much oil do they have? How many of that metropolis do they have? Do they have the kind of complex politics we have, which is almost no fault of ours and also gives room to what i call 'sensible corruption'?

I am not giving excuses for some problems here. I am only attacking your poor comparison which you do with a not too good intention.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by AyeeIdris(f): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2013
I understand the awareness you are trying to create OP. However, it only made me remember all the news report CNN used to do on us, depicting the filthiest part of the country to show the world that we are a backward 3rd class nation. We have plenty wahala as a nation. Even the New Born babies know that, but development is more than a beautiful surrounding. Even the "great" USA have slums and ghettos. We have a lot of other important problems to tackle. Qatar didn't do this on their own. They had investors willing to do business in their country. We have investors running away, from Virgin Airlines to Dunlop and many others. So when we fix the underlying problems, investors will return and Nigeria will be beautiful once more, but it starts with us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by arthgideon: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2013
The pictures show that Qatar is more advanced than Nigeria. Nigeria has a long way to go

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by EzePromoe: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2013
The ills of Nigeria is overhyped mostly by Nigeria.
To tell you the truth, apart from high cost of living and corruption, Nigeria is better than 70% of other nations of the world. FACT!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by seangy4konji: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2013
Keep running your race
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2013
ochejoseph: Obiageli what you did was wrong and I think you should apologise ,your choice of pictures especially for Nigeria was terrible I understand the 80% rule you are trying to play but Bad as e bad Nigerians know when to defend Nigeria . God Bless Nigeria
If you want to defend nigeria then you should see it grow like it's peers, patriotism shouldn't be misplaced.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by omar22(m): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2013
kakakibuy: Qatar's population : 1,903,447
Naija's population : in excess of 170 million

Qatar's Government : Unitary absolute monarchy (stable even if not perfect)
Naija's Government : Jonathan and his Pet

Why are you comparing the two?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by seangy4konji: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2013
Did they run away grin
Ayee Idris: I understand the awareness you are trying to create OP. However, it only made me remember all the news report CNN used to do on us, depicting the filthiest part of the country to show the world that we are a backward 3rd class nation. We have plenty wahala as a nation. Even the New Born babies know that, but development is more than a beautiful surrounding. Even the "great" USA have slums and ghettos. We have a lot of other important problems to tackle. Qatar didn't do this on their own. They had investors willing to do business in their country. We have investors running away, from Virgin Airlines to Dunlop and many others. So when we fix the underlying problems, investors will return and Nigeria will be beautiful once more, but it starts with us.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2013
illicit: OP, ur comparison is offpoint, is nigeria d only country in d wrold with ghettos? U can as well compare banana island with mushin....... Y nt compare equals wit equals
Does banana island constitute 80% of our landscape, why this settle for less mentality

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by johnstar(m): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2013

Naija's Government : Democracy - Military rule - Coup - Civil war - Nascent democracy - Demonstration of craze

t show qatar is better dan ur 9ja country undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
I am comparing mentality and vision here not population, don't make me do China vs Nigeria
hmmm. I don't just get the aim of dis ur comparism o! U just wake up dis lovly mrning,na 2 just cmpare naija with quatar. So fuks wat if its beta than our's? Y not cmpare quatar and canada or U.s.a? Or y not compare naija and Chad? Plz try and apreciate naija. Evn if na tatch houses we get. We'r stil ok in it. #no offence#

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2013
souldust: and how many people do they have to feed? How much oil do they have? How many of that metropolis do they have? Do they have the kind of complex politics we have, which is almost no fault of ours and also gives room to what i call 'sensible corruption'?

I am not giving excuses for some problems here. I am only attacking your poor comparison which you do with a not too good intention.
GBAM!
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by illicit(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Does banana island constitute 80% of our landscape, why this settle for less mentality
i meant qatar is a small nation unlike nigeria, u cud av just compare qatar to lagos alone, i swear u will see not much difference
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by nedu2000(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2013

Naija's Government : Democracy - Military rule - Coup - Civil war - Nascent democracy - Demonstration of craze

STORIES

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by shadrach77: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2013
LAGOS 1960 AND NOW smiley smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Aksonman: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2013
@OP,In my own opinion u r being silly with ur comparisms. If u wanted to be fair since u r obviously showing pictures of capital cities...why didnt u put pictures of Abuja in 1975 and Abuja in 2013.
In case u didnt know as at 1975 Abuja was a savannah forest but today it is a modern African city by any standards without colonial history.
Nigeria's biggest problem is citizens like u.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2013
Eze Promoe: The ills of Nigeria is overhyped mostly by Nigeria.
To tell you the truth, apart from high cost of living and corruption, Nigeria is better than 70% of other nations of the world. FACT!
Really? That why everyone wants to be treated abroad,
So we have good roads, great hospitals, swift emergency services and more.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by emmanuel4758(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2013
mod ur just a disgrace to ur self qatar is d richest country in d world wit low population so Wy all dis comparism even if qatar is corrupt wit amount gdp dey hav dey stil surpose to be most developed in d world...nonsense comparison
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Areaboy2(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2013
joshua idibia: hmmm. I don't just get the aim of dis ur comparism o! U just wake up dis lovly mrning,na 2 just cmpare naija with quatar. So fuks wat if its beta than our's? Y not cmpare quatar and canada or U.s.a? Or y not compare naija and Chad? Plz try and apreciate naija. Evn if na tatch houses we get. We'r stil ok in it. #no offence#

Oh dont be silly. Although I do not agree with the comparison the OP has made but your comment that we are ok is just cok and bull. We should always strive to be better, that's the only way we can actually get our asses off the beer parlour and do something meaningful for our dear country.

@OP, why not compare us with countries in the Balkans when they were forced on each other?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Rajosh(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2013
You posted the best parts of Qatar,why didn't you post the best parts of Nigeria? I must say you're so biased in your comparism.Qatar has only one language and One religion Islam(the population of christians is so minute that it's negligible) whereas Nigeria has over 250 ethnic groups and more than one religion.These differences are enough to delay our progress coupled with the fact that our so called leaders are not helping matters.I think your motive for this comparism is to make mockery of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2013
Home sweet, Nigeria my country.

I dont care if Qatar become heaven where the angels live. Im good with Nigeria with the hope that something good is coming to Her

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by illicit(m): 10:51am On Jul 26, 2013
OP simply put, ur comparison is f*cked up*
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by damoskiy(m): 10:51am On Jul 26, 2013
Ayee Idris: Abuja 2013
dis picture is Lagos pricessly behind zenith bank headquarters in Victoria island Lagos...OGA no dey lie give us....
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2013
illicit:
i meant qatar is a small nation unlike nigeria, u cud av just compare qatar to lagos alone, i swear u will see not much difference
How about Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea or Saudi Arabia vs Nigeria. Truth is corruption is killing our nation, aided by a vision less and careless followership

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2013
Rajosh: You posted the best parts of Qatar,why didn't you post the best parts of Nigeria? I must say you're so biased in your comparism.Qatar has only one language and One religion Islam(the population of christians is so minute that it's negligible) whereas Nigeria has over 250 ethnic groups and more than one religion.These differences are enough to delay our progress coupled with the fact that our so called leaders are not helping matters.I think your motive for this comparism is to make mockery of Nigeria.
If Chad is your dream for nigeria then good luck with it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Excuse Excuse Excuse

Would you like to see China or Singapore or Indonesia vs Nigeria?
my dear. Dnt use none of dos. China is roughly 400yrs old. Indonesia has been dere since 1200. Even b4 the dutch kingdom ruled dem in 1600. And as for singapore,although they gainded independence in 1965. It still dosn't mean they are young. C'mon. Where did u think the british,americans,france all did there trading back in the days of Captain Jack sparow? Its in singapore. All this countries u are mentioning have been here right when history had a name. Right before king jaja of opobo was born. Please compare naija with african countries. No put nose for anoda man continent. #no offence#
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2013
joshua idibia: hmmm. I don't just get the aim of dis ur comparism o! U just wake up dis lovly mrning,na 2 just cmpare naija with quatar. So fuks wat if its beta than our's? Y not cmpare quatar and canada or U.s.a? Or y not compare naija and Chad? Plz try and apreciate naija. Evn if na tatch houses we get. We'r stil ok in it. #no offence#
If Chad is your dream for nigeria then good luck with it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2013
Area_boy:

Oh dont be silly. Although I do not agree with the comparison the OP has made but your comment that we are ok is just cok and bull. We should always strive to be better, that's the only way we can actually get our asses off the beer parlour and do something meaningful for our dear country.

@OP, why not compare us with countries in the Balkans when they were forced on each other?
ok na. Bros i don tok ma own. Oya go nack ur head for wall.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by piagetskinner(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2013
Ayee Idris: Abuja 2013
Choi!! The last time I checked abj didn't have this huge mass of water body...do ur research well madam#nor kill us wit lie
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by dfav: 11:00am On Jul 26, 2013
@op
the truth is that Qatar is very United against poverty and committed but Nigeria is very divided and not committed against poverty only lip service

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / Picture Of Amaechi Plaiting The Hair Of A New APC Convert / Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.