Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,585 members, 7,770,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:25 AM

Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 (46587 Views)

A Guide To Every Country That Gained Independence In 1960 And How Were Named / Other Countries That Gained Independence In 1960 And How They Got Their Names / Constitution Of The Federation Of Nigeria (1960) And Other Nigerian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by hectorsector: 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
The blame goes largely to our leaders past, the british doctored colony of divide and rule plus the narrow minded military. We (active population) take only 10 percent of that blame. Don't make it look any worse by showing us those photos. The 5 percent of Nig. That looks like Qatar is still larger than Qatar.
Maybe try comparing India, china and Nigeria. This contries are richer than us and also poorer than us. More than half of india (about 700million people) have never seen electric bulb in their lifetime or ever taken a clean drinking water yet we talk about India.
This comparism is declared null and void.
Bro just leave the matter. It lacks merit.
Don't inflict more pain on us with this than we're already bearing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Fadelex(m): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lordave: no mind the yeye guy. I saw his username among those viewing this topic right now.
*laffing wickedly* mukeke mukeke.... no mind them, they always want to subject everybody to their opinion... now I have these to say,
*in Abuja, you have the city centres like wuse, maitama and co, u have the satellite towns like nyaya, lugbe, kubwa and you have the villages like ushafa, dei-dei, kwali and so on... it is always like this everywhere in the world..the call their villages countryside in developed nations, even though these countryside have all d basic amenities, they are like ghost town cuz there's no business activities nor administrative business goin on there...
*when you want to compare, you don't do selective comparison, you take d best of Qatar and the best of Nigeria, I will say this again, gerout of that village of yours and expand ur horizon, Nigeria is very beautiful and conducive....
I've been to 26 states in Nigeria, not transit thru, I mean been to. every countries get ghetto, they used to say Libya is like Europe until d uprising and I saw a place just like the sokoto desert...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Babaji111(m): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
We do not want to accept reality. Nigeria lacks good leadership for long and the poor man is carried away with fake ideas, poor living condition, tribalism and hunger. While, the few rich ones are fighting like scavengers to grip power and ravage the already sinking treasury. No complain, no money, no regret and nothing for the poor especially those in the villages. huh! Where are we heading to? cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by goodgood2(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
I am comparing mentality and vision here not population, don't make me do China vs Nigeria

Nigeria's gdp $91.37 in 1960
China's gdp $69.79 in 1962.

we would have gone far if aboki did not drag us backwards. Aboki, leave me alone, let me move forward. I hate backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by emmanuel4758(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
vivavik: where pls, cos I've been 2 both places! Pls naija is in shambles believe u me, we dnt nid 2 give excuse 4 our lack of dev cos we have the resources like madt, take bonny my home town 4 instance, do u knw how mch nigeria makes 4rm tht small island a day? Ask questns if u dnt knw, bt the town is a disgusting site 2 behold, meanwhile it houses this resources in abundance, ok why not dev this small island, whr is the monies gotten 4rm thr? U nid 2 wake up o, I have facts and I have eyes, its corruption of the highest order, I won't be surprised tht people defending this rubbish are 4rm the ole elites!
tah go and sitdon am nt sure u have pass bonny boundary even ph city old gra fine pass dat qatar pics talkles of calabar,lagos island or abuja main town u poor girl u hav to go for excution nt ur fault sha
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by mesmer: 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
joshua idibia: dis is y ppl get 60 in jamb. Did i say am ok wt it? Oga. Read my post wel b4 u quote. We all knw quata is beta dan us. Ok. U dat is nt ok with it,wat have u done to make it ok? Shake ur head wel
What have i done to make it ok? We are talking about it, thats 4 a start instead of criticising the OP
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
chrissy365: @OP. Your comparison is very unfair. Qatar is a very tiny nation compared to Nigeria and less population to cater for.

Aside from lagos and abuja, i've lived in Calabar, Kano, Akwa ibom, PH due to my work. Unlike Qatar and other countries that focus their developments in one state, many Nigerian states are more developed than you think.

Just cause you live in a ghetto doesn't mean the rest of the world don't have them. Move around before you paste this kind of baseless thread again.

sum pple dnt seem to undastand it.Lagos and abuja wil give u d size of qatar,so if al 9ja resource and money ad bin invested only in abuja and lagos,then dats when sum1 can come nd compare qatar wit 9ja.Even ebonyi is populated than qatar.Nawa o pple comparing qatar nd nigeria,wondas shall never enddd.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by MAYOWAAK: 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
While Nigerian governors were busy meeting and strategising non-stop on who should be the next chairman of the Political Billionaires’ Club, popularly known as the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), the Ruler of Dubai – a state in the United Arab Emirates – was busy unveiling plans to build three world-class hospitals and 40 new clinics to promote “medical tourism”. His Highness Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum said the plan was to build hospitals comparable to any medical facility anywhere in the world. They will also build five-star hotels next door to the facilities for the relatives of patients. The objective is to add another dimension to the Dubai story – trade, travel, real estate and now medical tourism. That is vision. That is leadership.

About the same time in my dearly beloved country, our multi-billionaire governors and other politicians were meeting day and night and night and day over who controls the meaningless Political Billionaires’ Club. Their disagreement was not about building world-class hospitals and world-class schools. It was not about fixing the potholes that litter our roads all over the federation. It was not about ending infant and maternal mortality. It was not about making Nigeria a land of trade and tourism. It was not about turning Nigeria to an exporter of mobile phones, like South Korea, or dairy products, like the Netherlands. The goal of political power, as far as they can see, is intrigues. Politics starts and ends with elections. Development is a distraction.

Now, with all the emotion and passion being exerted in the polity in the past few weeks over the NGF election, I will not be surprised if many of these politicians end up with high blood pressure and stroke by 2015. Well, I’ve got news for them. By then, Dubai will hopefully have opened one of their world-class hospitals, complete with the best equipment and the best medical personnel the world has to offer. Nigerian politicians can go there to receive treatment after the elections. With no world-class hospital in Nigeria, Dubai will eagerly welcome our leaders with open arms. After all, are these chubby-cheeked politicians and their fronts not the ones buying up the choice property in Dubai while millions of Nigerians remain homeless?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by jadakiss213(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
I am comparing mentality and vision here not population, don't make me do China vs Nigeria

Nigeria's gdp $91.37 in 1960
China's gdp $69.79 in 1962.
My God! How can a whole country's GDP be less than a hundred dollars...U sure u okay

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
What are you saying, you think I posted this to mock nigeria or what
Bro you ain't more patriotic than I am, I weep inside of me when I see how other nations have utilised their wealth and resources to better the lives of their people.

Do you know that nigeria was rated above India, China, Singapore, South Korea and so on in the past?

You need to see latest rankings and where our dear nation is placed.

ure jst been stupid...
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
mesmer:
What have i done to make it ok? We are talking about it, thats 4 a start instead of criticising the OP
bros free me jow. I no quote u again. No b u dey recharge my etisalat with 200.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goodone from u Obigeli baby

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Afam you and I know that this what 80% of Nigerian cities look like and same for Qatar
hw many cities are in qatar.?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
kkkp: Lolzz wot do u expect? Nigeria a country without vision, clueless visionless leaders...A country dat d citizens dnt even knw dere destination as a country....mtswww dis is an insult on Qatar..u suppose 2 b comparin Nigeria with Zimbabwe
look at this dumb oloshi..ure part of Nigeria's failure..later u would say d standard of education is low because u won't learn how to spell
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Chikeziehosan: ure jst been stupid...
i just lyk ur signature. Nice 1. Am hapy 2c sm1 dat knws wat i knw.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
adconline:

You are in denial. No country that is blessed like Nigeria is badly run like Naija. Don't bring Mali, Somalia,Nigeria. Compare Indonesia, Malaysia, Venezuela, Brazil

and asde from the state capitals of these countries aside brail) can you mention how many states or provinces they have and how many are actually developed?

As much as our country is riddled with criminally minded leaders, you should know that some of them actually have visions and are developing their states. Am not living in denial cos i have travelled a lot and i understand that this is one of your problems.
Most of you are confined in one place so u think your country is too underdeveloped cos CNN refuses to show you.

Venezuela, malaysia have money but not everywhere in those countries are developed as you think.

What we should be crying about is government to invest in human capital cos if you want to talk of fine structures and estates, we get am plenty in 9ja.

Know your priorities abbeg and stop crying for the wrong reasons.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by mesmer: 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
joshua idibia: bros free me jow. I no quote u again. No b u dey recharge my etisalat with 200.
Lol!
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Venchy: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
Some Nigerians will never attain prosperity because they are covered with Vail in their eyes and Bar right up their chin.

I can not understand the reason why there should be Argument in this topic when a country wants progress and the other(NIGERIA) squandered everything, continue to go down with abundant resources.

Simple scenario really, one is in a mess and the other is making enormous progress.

LEADERSHIP WITH BAD MINDSET, NO REMORSE TO NIGERIAN PUBLIC.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
Horus:

Difference between Shanghai in 1990 and in 2010
post difference btw abuja na.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by publisher(m): 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
[size=14pt]Obviously this self-hating OP is being very mischievous,from the pictures here you can see that in spite of our numerous problems,Nigeria has not done too badly.

I haven't event posted pictures of Victoria Island and Lekki Districts that were mere swamps as at 1960.
Not to mention Abuja that was built from scratch beginning 1975.

Guys,Naija may have difficulties but we must watch the way we present ourselves,foreigners also log on to Nairaland,imagine what they would be thinking about Nigeria if dummies like the OP are allowed to have their way?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by ImpactWorld(m): 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
@ Obiageli, your comparison is wrong in every way.
Pls, let us stop giving foreigners reasons to insult us
Especially when these reasons are 'biased' representation of facts

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
Horus:

Nairobi 1960

Nairobi
my guy dis is not d mata of postin the capitals of countries,post other cities in kenya na make i c.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Venchy: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
Emmadani: hw many cities are in qatar.?
You seriously need to wake up, how many thieves do Nigeria have in Government. One crook have nicked what could have been used to sort out our ELECTRICITY problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
Emmadani: sum pple dnt seem to undastand it.Lagos and abuja wil give u d size of qatar,so if al 9ja resource and money ad bin invested only in abuja and lagos,then dats when sum1 can come nd compare qatar wit 9ja.Even ebonyi is populated than qatar.Nawa o pple comparing qatar nd nigeria,wondas shall never enddd.

too much CNN my broda.

Am not saying Nigeria is okay, but we are developing and most people commenting here hardly travel or live in the ghetto. So they believe everywhere in Nigeria looks like their ghetto.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
I dey trip for NAIJA!!!

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
Can anybody please find the picture of Abuja in 1960 and now?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
joshua idibia: i just lyk ur signature. Nice 1. Am hapy 2c sm1 dat knws wat i knw.
lol bro thankz Dan Brown's Digital fortress ure head is dere
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by ATMCARD2(m): 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
Horus:
.Did u grow up in d Village?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Venchy: You seriously need to wake up, how many thieves do Nigerians have in Government. One crook have nicked what could have been used to sort out our ELECTRICITY problem.
are u not part of d thiefs?Pple dat are in govt do they av 2 heads,y cant u take 1 government post so dat u can arrest all d thieves in government...!He dey sweet 4 mouth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
Aigbofa: Can anybody please find the picture of Abuja in 1960 and now?
if hearing it wil make u hapy. THERE WAS NO ABUJA IN 1960. satisfied?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
joshua idibia: if hearing it wil make u hapy. THERE WAS NO ABUJA IN 1960. satisfied?

That is my point sir. (there was Abuja but it was a very small rural town)
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.Did u grow up in d Village?
beta question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Police Arrest IPOB Members Who Attacked Ekweremadu In Germany / Tinubu Plays With Grandkids Amidst Rumours Of Ill Health (Pictures) / Dino Melaye Carries Saraki Up, Moments After CCT Cleared His Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.