Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 (46648 Views)

A Guide To Every Country That Gained Independence In 1960 And How Were Named / Other Countries That Gained Independence In 1960 And How They Got Their Names / Constitution Of The Federation Of Nigeria (1960) And Other Nigerian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by MitchDLeo(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2013
cry cry cry(
dfav: @op
the truth is that Qatar is very United against poverty and committed but Nigeria is very divided and not committed against poverty only lip service
That is the Truth oohhh. We are too Divided and its killing Us.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by mesmer: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2013
Pstsmith: For dis singular act of unpatriotism, if ure a MOD u deserve to be SACKED!
There is nothing unpatriotic about her comment, she is jst responding to a post directed 2 her d best way she can... Besides, she is stating d obvious or shud we not criticize when things are not working? There is no excuse 4 d bad state of our there motherland, so her post is jst a wake up call 2 our dear country not bad mouthing it as some pple states..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Noblechyk: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2013
N_girl: This thread is pointless and should never have been made.
The fact is that every Nigerian knows Nigeria should be better than it is now so what exactly did the OP open this thread for.
Are we expected to start making fun of Nigeria and praising the other countries. We don't need comparison to tell us the situation of Nigeria in 2013. This is a very senseless thread.
Also, you guys on Nairaland tend to always blow things out of proportion when it comes Nigeria and it's not a very good thing.
undisputed
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2013
Fadelex: @op, did u see d pictures of Lagos posted yesterday? come to wuse 2, maitama, asokoro, guzape district here in Abuja and I bet you'll think you're in US.. stop representing Nigeria with that your dirty village
whatelse can u expect from peeps living in villages? if she comes to abuja she will even wish to lick the road with her lips grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2013
Joe Mosco: Every country stands to be compared with others cos every country is sovereign and has the right to develop her Nation. Nigeria, with her vast resources stands to be compared with any other country be it China, Japan, Russia, even America. High Time we woke up from the slumber of mediocrity, stop running away to even small Ghana and develop our dear country.
Thanks o, if I compared nigeria with top nations they will tear me apart.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Noblechyk: 11:30am On Jul 26, 2013
sarutobie: Judging by the Op's comments,Op is patriotic,but with a dash of naïvety..
That's not patriotism.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:30am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
What's it with china being 400yrs old? What China not at par with nigeria in the 60s
fat lie,u know nothing
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 26, 2013
joshua idibia: OMG. Dis grl. U funny. 1960? If china was not mre dveloped dan naija in 1960? Wat is ur P? Do u do research b4 posting? I believe in facts not words. China was 2nd best in technology b4 ur 1960. Followed by germany. U.s.a was 1st.
READ HISTORY

The first answer pretty much has it. Mao
was taught communism by the Russians so he
could get their support in his bid for power.
So he had the Russians to thank for the
supplies and weapons he used to gain power.
So when he broke off his support and ties
they were not to pleased. He had other ideas
and these would cost the the 20 to 40 million
deaths by starvation plus 20 to 37 million in
Forced Labor Camps. R.J. Rummel, Historian
and author of several world history books
puts the number of Chinese deaths under Mao
at 72,266,000 from 1949 to 1975. This
includes the Starvation and Labor Camp
deaths. Chen Yizi puts the total Chinese
deaths at 123,000,000 from 1949 to 1975
under the Mao policies. If the other powers of
the world had not talked the Russians out of
war in the Border Conflict with China the
Russians were saying they would end the
Chinese problem with one massive nuclear
strike in 1969. Censorship can keep some
information from anybody but you can see the
1960's were not a good time to live in China.
And the China of today has forgotten all the
help it took to get them here in this short
time. Now all they can think of is trying to
take the land belonging to Taiwan away from
them. They also forget they gave up all
claims to this island in the Treaty of
Shimonoseki that China signed with the
Japanese in 1895. This is called convenient
memory by many people, but Treaties are
wrote on paper and these are still here.
Source(s):
R.J. Rummel
Chen Yizi
Twentieth Century Atlas of Deaths
Treaty of Shimonoseki
World History Book
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Lordave: 11:32am On Jul 26, 2013
p'scott:
You guys should leave obigellia alone, she did'nt intend mocking naija by uploading those pix, but she is jus trying to air her views on the high rate of corruption among our so called leaders nd also the mismanagemnt of d natural resources the God has endowed us with.We need change is this country and thats all.
just want I wanted to say

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by treasureboy09(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: whatelse can u expect from peeps living in villages? if she comes to abuja she will even wish to lick the road with her lips grin

Man stop deceiving yourself ABj ABJ every what's wrong with even development?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Rajosh(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2013
Op broaden your reasoning faculty.yeah we know that Nigeria is not up to Qatar.This comparism is so pointless.I still maintain my stand that your motive is to make mockery of Nigeria.That's so childish my dear grow up.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by lifestyle1(m): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2013
All that glitters is not gold
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Noblechyk: 11:33am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Really? You should tell me how China was more develop than Nigeria in the 60s
You as well need to study about the industrial revolution of China.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: whatelse can u expect from peeps living in villages? if she comes to abuja she will even wish to lick the road with her lips grin

You must be a joker, me? Village?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:34am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Really? You should tell me how China was more develop than Nigeria in the 60s
smh! This girl know nothing ooh grin u are saying nigeria was more developed than china in the 60s This is serious grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by 2smooth2shout: 11:34am On Jul 26, 2013
juman: That nigeria is a failed country.

and do you know you are part of that failure? don't throw stones if you live in a glass house
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2013
Rajosh: Op broaden your reasoning faculty.yeah we know that Nigeria is not up to Qatar.This comparism is so pointless.I still maintain my stand that your motive is to make mockery of Nigeria.That's so childish my dear grow up.
OMG what has this got to do with mockery? Nigeria has lost so much and that's my point

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: smh! This girl know nothing ooh grin u are saying nigeria was more developed than china in the 60s This is serious grin

Are you guys for real? Do you read history at all

Nigeria's gdp $91.37 in 1960

China's gdp $69.79 in 1962.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Lordave: 11:38am On Jul 26, 2013

which road? How good was the road at Wuse zone 5 before now?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by ATMCARD2(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli: Qatar 1960
.MISLEADING.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by naptu2: 11:38am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Are you guys for real? Do you read history at all

Many Nigerians do not know their history. They don't even know the history of the town or city in which they live.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2013
IN THE 60S,THE ONLY PLACE THAT LOOK A LITTLE BIT LIKE A TOWN IN NIGERIA WAS LAGOS,LOOL grin

ABUJA WAS BUSH,FILLED WITH VILLAGERS AND MUD HOUSES EVERYWHERE,NONE HAD ACCESS TO PIPE-BORNE WATER.

THERE WERE FEW ROAD NETWORK,FEW VEHICLES AND SO. OUR POWER SUPPLY THEN WAS EVEN WORST grin

THEN CHINA WERE ALREADY EXPERIENCING UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY

GOOD ROAD NETWORK,BEAUTIFUL CITIES,FROM BEIJING,HONG KONG,SHANGAI E.T.C ALL WITH SKYSCRAPPERS AND LIGHT RAIL TRANSPORT.

NOW THIS MADAM IS TELLING ME NIGERIA WAS BETTER THAN CHINA IN THE 60S grin

indeed grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Kemzievictor(m): 11:39am On Jul 26, 2013
wetin some of una de talk sef? Say maitama,wuse n whr b like US. My frd park well. D abuja Wey street lights no de work or d one Wey dust de full if wind blow. Naija na flop Gbam. Make January do reach make i pack my bag go school for UK Jare. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by phildon: 11:39am On Jul 26, 2013
What do u expect? When Pastors Bakare and Oritsejafor are thretening to stage a protest to ensure that the law legalizing the marriage of minors is removed from our constitution. A law which they have been made to believe by the hype of our social media, had been forced into the 1999 Constitution by the Yerimas. An educated pastor and a lawyer in the calibre of Tunde Bakare would have studied Section 29 then find out if deletion or retention of subsection 4(b) necessarily have anything to do with legalizing the marriage of minors. They rather jumped into the bandwagon of our educated but mentally lazy youths who, if it were a story about Tonto Dikeh would have captured everything accurately. Where were these "activists" when the same Senate refused to support the granting of our Local Govt Councils autonomy? We should be ashamed of ourselves!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by solomon111(m): 11:40am On Jul 26, 2013
p'scott:
You guys should leave obigellia alone, she did'nt intend mocking naija by uploading those pix, but she is jus trying to air her views on the high rate of corruption among our so called leaders nd also the mismanagemnt of d natural resources the God has endowed us with.We need change is this country and thats all.
Then she should learn to compare wisely.
How can any knowledgeable person compare Nigeria to qatar without taking many factors into considerations.
*rubbish thread*
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by simple2626(m): 11:41am On Jul 26, 2013
This OP is a clown, u can go to qatar if u don't appreciate nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:42am On Jul 26, 2013
Lordave: which road? How good was the road at Wuse zone 5 before now?
what a question?? It was very good,just some minor repairs was done on it to keep it in good shape or do u want the road to collapse totally b4 been repaired??

So road cannot spoil again Nawa ooh grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by moscobabs(m): 11:42am On Jul 26, 2013
we had the same dreams but diffrent Leaders..thats wat make us remain here.simple

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Pilot2: 11:42am On Jul 26, 2013
shocked shocked shocked what do u expect in a corrupt and nonsense country with stupid Abokis not embracing change.we are hearding to no where except we change right from our minds cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Fadelex(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2013
treasureboy09:

You talk of ABJ with such dexterity can you say same for your village?
even in US there is ghetto.... or u wanna tell me there's no ghetto in Qatar.. compare ghetto with ghetto and city for city
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by mesmer: 11:43am On Jul 26, 2013
ochejoseph: Obiageli what you did was wrong and I think you should apologise ,your choice of pictures especially for Nigeria was terrible I understand the 80% rule you are trying to play but Bad as e bad Nigerians know when to defend Nigeria . God Bless Nigeria
She hasn't done anything wrong by stating d obvious, shud we all keep shut when things are not working in our dear country? She is not bad mouthing d country as u put it, all she is trying to tell us how slow we have come in years as a country.
P.S: she is more of a patriot by trying to make d country a better abode 4all of us and by not keepn quiet when things are not working. Like u rightly said, GOD bless nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2013
naptu2:

Many Nigerians do not know their history. They don't even know the history of the town or city in which they live.

Thanks o

Nigeria's gdp $91.37 in 1960
China's gdp $69.79 in 1962.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

APC Makes U-turn, Accepts Saraki As Senate President / Militant Attacks: FG Suspects Foreign Conspiracy / Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To OAU Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.