Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,199 members, 7,780,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:51 PM

Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 (46599 Views)

A Guide To Every Country That Gained Independence In 1960 And How Were Named / Other Countries That Gained Independence In 1960 And How They Got Their Names / Constitution Of The Federation Of Nigeria (1960) And Other Nigerian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Reflex123(m): 11:44am On Jul 26, 2013
@post: It's either that you are being mischievous with your post or you are not very good at doing comparative analysis! Yes, Nigeria has its problems but when you are doing analysis of countries, there is what is called peer analysis which your pictorial and selected countries missed. In essence you cannot compare Nigeria with Qatar! Or does it make sense to compare apple vs orange even though they are both fruits?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by seangy4konji: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2013
Singing On the way to Calvary....wait let me sip alomo
N_girl: This thread is pointless and should never have been made.
The fact is that every Nigerian knows Nigeria should be better than it is now so what exactly did the OP open this thread for.
Are we expected to start making fun of Nigeria and praising the other countries. We don't need comparison to tell us the situation of Nigeria in 2013. This is a very senseless thread.
Also, you guys on Nairaland tend to always blow things out of proportion when it comes Nigeria and it's not a very good thing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:46am On Jul 26, 2013
mesmer:
She hasn't done anything wrong by stating d obvious, shud we all keep shut when things are not working in our dear country? She is not bad mouthing d country as u put it, all she is trying to tell us how slow we have come in years as a country.
P.S: she is more of a patriot by trying to make d country a better abode 4all of us and by not keepn quiet when things are not working. Like u rightly said, GOD bless nigeria.
mumu! Why didn't she compare qatar getto with nigeria getto instead?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 11:46am On Jul 26, 2013
#singing a song by craig david# Am walking away. 4rm all d troubles in this thread. Am walking away,2 find a beta thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by seangy4konji: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2013
Keep Quiet...wetin concern land space with the money weh naija get...abegi go sidon somewhere joru na nor try with d money weh u na get simple
Emmadani: Why would a sane person compare qatar to nigeria?Qatar is not even half d size of nigeria,did i just say HALF?Nigeria land area is 910,770 sq km,Qatar land area is only about 11,437 sq km.Many states in nigeria are bigger than qatar...!Wtf.Let me say qatar is equivalent to just rivers state dat is 11,017 sq km in land area.All d northen states in nigeria and some south western state are just 2 big than qatar.If nigeria was just rivers state alone,we would b beta dan dis.We av 36 states in nigeria,about 24 of this states are are bigger than qatar.Pls o.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by solomon111(m): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: IN THE 60S,THE ONLY PLACE THAT LOOK A LITTLE BIT LIKE A TOWN IN NIGERIA WAS LAGOS,LOOL grin

ABUJA WAS BUSH,FILLED WITH VILLAGERS AND MUD HOUSES EVERYWHERE,NONE HAD ACCESS TO PIPE-BORNE WATER.

THERE WERE FEW ROAD NETWORK,FEW VEHICLES AND SO. OUR POWER SUPPLY THEN WAS EVEN WORST grin

THEN CHINA WERE ALREADY EXPERIENCING UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY

GOOD ROAD NETWORK,BEAUTIFUL CITIES,FROM BEIJING,HONG KONG,SHANGAI E.T.C ALL WITH SKYSCRAPPERS AND LIGHT RAIL LINES.

NOW THIS MADAM IS TELLING ME NIGERIA WAS BETTER THAN CHINA IN THE 60S grin

indeed grin grin
Abeg, free the naieve girl.
I am sure she thinks she has made an intelligent point.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: mumu! Why didn't she compare qatar getto with nigeria getto instead?
And who has more ghettos nigeria - Malaysia, Nigeria - Qatar, Nigeria - singapore
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 11:49am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: fat lie,u know nothing
am teln u. Dats y am leavn ds thread. Waste of mb.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by ddeola: 11:49am On Jul 26, 2013
That is one country in the world that is utilising their oil money well. Even the so-called developed countries are running there

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Are you guys for real? Do you read history at all

Nigeria's gdp $91.37 in 1960

China's gdp $69.79 in 1962.
source?? Stop posting trash.

And even then the white goats were busy looting most part of the money till independance
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:

source?? Stop posting trash.

And even then the white goats were busy looting most part of the money till independance
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by illicit(m): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2013
@Obiagelli i understand u, but d naija pics u used doesnt actually reflect 80 percent of us, if qatar is as large as naija is, dat devolpment too myt not be 80 percent of what dey experience, in china dat u keep referring to, the larger populaion stll live in poverty like we do. Dat naija pics u used represents d north, 80 percent of Southerners dont live like that, lets just say 60 percent
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Reflex123(m): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2013
[quote author=Obiagelli]
What are you saying, you think I posted this to mock nigeria or what
Bro you ain't more patriotic than I am, I weep inside of me when I see how other nations have utilised their wealth and resources to better the lives of their people.

Do you know that nigeria was rated above India, China, Singapore, South Korea and so on in the past?

You need to see latest rankings and where our dear nation is placed.

@post;

It's either that you are being mischievous with your post or you are not very good at doing comparative analysis! Yes, Nigeria has its problems but when you are doing analysis of countries, there is what is called peer analysis which your pictorial and selected countries missed. In essence you cannot compare Nigeria with Qatar! Or does it make sense to compare apple vs orange even though they are both fruits?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
READ HISTORY

The first answer pretty much has it. Mao
was taught communism by the Russians so he
could get their support in his bid for power.
So he had the Russians to thank for the
supplies and weapons he used to gain power.
So when he broke off his support and ties
they were not to pleased. He had other ideas
and these would cost the the 20 to 40 million
deaths by starvation plus 20 to 37 million in
Forced Labor Camps. R.J. Rummel, Historian
and author of several world history books
puts the number of Chinese deaths under Mao
at 72,266,000 from 1949 to 1975. This
includes the Starvation and Labor Camp
deaths. Chen Yizi puts the total Chinese
deaths at 123,000,000 from 1949 to 1975
under the Mao policies. If the other powers of
the world had not talked the Russians out of
war in the Border Conflict with China the
Russians were saying they would end the
Chinese problem with one massive nuclear
strike in 1969. Censorship can keep some
information from anybody but you can see the
1960's were not a good time to live in China.
And the China of today has forgotten all the
help it took to get them here in this short
time. Now all they can think of is trying to
take the land belonging to Taiwan away from
them. They also forget they gave up all
claims to this island in the Treaty of
Shimonoseki that China signed with the
Japanese in 1895. This is called convenient
memory by many people, but Treaties are
wrote on paper and these are still here.
Source(s):
R.J. Rummel
Chen Yizi
Twentieth Century Atlas of Deaths
Treaty of Shimonoseki
World History Book
all i read was bla bla bla! Pointles 4rm wat u and i are arguing about. Wetin cncern death with dis mata? Wel. Nt ur fault. U jst copied and paste 4rm wikipedia.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Lordave: 11:52am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: what a question?? It was very good,just some minor repairs was done on it to keep it in good shape or do u want the road to collapse totally b4 been repaired??

So road cannot spoil again Nawa ooh grin
yea very good indeed and a minor repair, but I guess you know how long it took them to make those minor repairs.
And somebody again is talking about the street lights that are not working. The street lights from Gwarimpa to Kubwa is not always working.
I know of two or even more flyovers that are still under construction since late 2010. The pedestrian bridge at Banex has been under construction since last year.
And you say Abuja is like Washington.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:52am On Jul 26, 2013
illicit: @Obiagelli i understand u, but d naija pics u used doesnt actually reflect 80 percent of us, if qatar is as large as naija is, dat devolpment too myt not be 80 percent of what dey experience, in china dat u keep referring to, the larger populaion stll live in poverty like we do. Dat naija pics u used represents d north, 80 percent of Southerners dont live like that, lets just say 60 percent
rubbish! Let's say only 20% live like that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: source?? Stop posting trash.

www.indexmundi.com/facts/china/gdp-per-capita

www.indexmundi.com/facts/nigeria/gdp-per-capita

Go and pick up reading culture before calling someone's work trash
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by seangy4konji: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2013
ORO LE SO OO BABA AHMED...ODODO NI[quote author=Reflex123][/quote]
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by joshuaidibia(m): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:

are we tokn abt gdp? My dear. 1st class no mean say u sabi buk pass o. If our gdp was higher,den ts d oil na. Wat else? Dat didnt mean we were beta than dem na. Ah ah. Biko. Try reason
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2013
Lordave: yea very good indeed and a minor repair, but I guess you know how long it took them to make those minor repairs.
And somebody again is talking about the street lights that are not working. The street lights from Gwarimpa to Kubwa is not always working.
I know of two or even more flyovers that are still under construction since late 2010. The pedestrian bridge at Banex has been under construction since last year.
And you say Abuja is like Washington.
when did i say abuja is like washington?? Ooh boooy! U are one big liar, quote any post of me where i said abuja is like washington.

Pls do it sharp sharp!
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2013
Excuse excuse excuse is all I see from yout talks

our leaders don't read to meet up with seemly changing future of the world. They are not innovative or enterprising enough to challenge themselve, let alone the citizen, for greater hights and achivements.

What you people don't is that population has advantage economy wise if they were effectively harnessed.
mariamajane: @ poster, you are very biased. Why didn't you post pictures of post-card areas of Abuja or Lekki or Victoria or Ikoyi in Lagos. I admit our leaders ruined Nigeria with corruption but Nigeria's population is many times over that of Qatar! It costs far more to develop a big country with such large population like Nigeria than Qatar which is smaller than Lagos! A fair comparison will be between Qatar and Kuwait, since both are city-states!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 26, 2013
joshua idibia: am teln u. Dats y am leavn ds thread. Waste of mb.
Why not dispute the gdp figures I gave you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Noblechyk: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiageli my sis, u hav obviously mocked your motherland via d comparison. Nigeria is a nation built on falsehood right from 1914. We were programmed to fail but we 'll suceed. Our colonial lords wanted us to be this way but I believe we can break that jinx. When I say we, i mean both the ruled & rulers. Ur comparion indicts only the rulers exemptin the ruled from causes. With the religious & tribal sentiments that has plagued us, development 'll remain @ a slow pace. Ur comparion does more harm than good. An average Nigerian is corrupt & that is our greatest undoing. Whatever happens, an Amerian 'll always say "God bless America". Does dat mean anything to you. That's patriotism.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Lordave: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: mumu! Why didn't she compare qatar getto with nigeria getto instead?
and you think your slums would look better than Qatari's

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by solomon111(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2013
seangy4konji: Keep Quiet...wetin concern land space with the money weh naija get...abegi go sidon somewhere joru na nor try with d money weh u na get simple
Nigeria is not as wealthy as you think and definitely not as wealthy as qatar.
Qatar has far far more money,to spend on far far far less population that has far far less cultural,political and religious differences and develop far far far less land area.
I hope you get my analogy.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by piagetskinner(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2013
Thers no basis 4 this kind of comparison.. our diversity in ethnicity and religion, coupled with political upheavals hasn't allowed us to concentrate on development...but I must say, Nigeria has been sleepin 4 a long,long time..nd we r still on the verge of wakin up#GOd help us
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:

www.indexmundi.com/facts/china/gdp-per-capita

www.indexmundi.com/facts/nigeria/gdp-per-capita

Go and pick up reading culture before calling someone's work trash
gdp Lmfaooo! That's the amount the economy earns then,loooooooooooooool! grin

is that what u mean by been better?? We are talking of the infrastructures available then,ma'am undecided

by then oil was just recently discovered,why don't u put a gdp of 1950 of the two countries?

Btw majority of the money were looted away
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Rajosh(m): 11:59am On Jul 26, 2013
Inasmuch as i'm not happy with the situation of the country,I think this not the right way in airing your views.There are other factors like religion,ethnicity,time of independence,population etc which you should have considered. In my previous post,I said 'broaden your reasoning faculty' and 'grow up'.I meant no offense.I'm sorry if you felt offended.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by illicit(m): 11:59am On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: rubbish! Let's say only 20% live like that
really? Ok
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Saintigk(m): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Unpatriotic OP, u came here posting qatar pix taken in d nyt nd even photoshoped, has qatar developed their own sky and land to be blue, as I can see them in d pix.
I am not in support of bad governance b eing experienced in naija, but I hate it when many people are biased in their judgement, go to some places nd take their pix at nyt and see ao it wil luk. don't even go lagos, come and take akure city pix at nyt and see.
Yeye OP nd MOD.
God bless naija nd bring to an end d era of bad governance......standing for dear Naija!
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Lordave: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Adamskuty: when did i say abuja is like washington?? Ooh boooy! U are one big liar, quote any post of me where i said abuja is like washington.

Pls do it sharp sharp!
ok it's Fadalex that made that comment, he said if you come Abj you'd think you are in US. But you supported him!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
And who has more ghettos nigeria - Malaysia, Nigeria - Qatar, Nigeria - singapore
and which country size is much bigger??

Just compare qatar with lagos,hmm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photo Of Atiku Obi Saraki Ben Bruce At Their Policy Strategy Meeting At Dubai / Ruga: Femi Fani-Kayode Asks Atiku 3 Questions, A Troll Replies Him / Tinubu Plays With Grandkids Amidst Rumours Of Ill Health (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.