Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:36 AM

My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me (1825 Views)

What Kind Of Mum Does This To A Child ( Photo) / My Wife Told Me My Mum Does Not Love Me / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 26, 2013
I have this yunger sister (aged 19), and my mum seems to paying more positive attention to her, such as listening properly, laughing at her jokes, and whenever me and my sister have fights, my mum always seems to be on my yunger sister's side, etc...
And then she always acts sugary sweet when mums around, then is always really bitchy to me when shes not around. Then whenever I tell mum, she never believes me and lectures me instead. Whenever something bad happens, or something gets lost, I'm always the first to get blamed and told off. Yes, I have got slapped and been threatened to be sent off somewhere.

Ok, I admit. I do get really jealous, but sometimes I really can't help it. So pretty much I'm asking for attention, negative attention... so that's pretty much why I get into trouble. But sometimes I just want to get noticed a bit, so I try to be good, but then mum never seems to notice unless I tell her. And when I try talking to her, it's either my sister butts in and starts talking to mum, or mum butts in and tells me to do my homework or chores. When I try to make her laugh, she never laughs. Now I feel like I'm being rejected. So what do I do? (instead of asking for negative attention)
She says I look like my dad(dey r divorced u no)my dad do maltreat her den)wen it comes 2 money terms I find it hard 2 convince her 2 pay 4 sum certain tins in school*wen my sis needs her hair done she is answered wt speed*plss do help me
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nomski0(f): 7:29am On Jul 26, 2013
:sad sad sad
I think you should find the right time to tell your mom what you just typed. Let her know that she's killing you emotionally.........if she doesnt listen, you should do that with tears(if you're female) start with tears in your eyes.(it'll get her to notice you) and her motherly side will definately surface. Hopefully, she'll realize her mistakes and try to be more positive towards you...after all its not your fault that you look like your dad.
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by AbuMikey(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2013
You are a guy right? You just can't change your Mum's attitude towards you when you already above 20.So all I've got say is, Be a Good Boy,always be Nice to your sis,maybe you could get the Desired love you need from your mum from her,Don't do "notice me" stuffs again,I repeat Don't!!!!,
Lastly,STAY COOL!!!

My 1Kobo
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Yes am a guy@abu mikey am above 21 on d 28 august*she calls ma sis everyday but me I hardly get calls n wen I do I refuse 2 pik up 4 I no she as an insult she wants 2 try out on me
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by AbuMikey(m): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
hbpeze: Yes am a guy@abu mikey am above 21 on d 28 august*she calls ma sis everyday but me I hardly get calls n wen I do I refuse 2 pik up 4 I no she as an insult she wants 2 try out on me
Bro,just do as I say!!! That would help!
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by tpia5: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Are you a baby?

I dont understand your write up.
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by yiboboy: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
Whining like a baby!

My friend success is your best friend, ally and weapon! Achieve it in all u do and watch things happen!

1 Like

Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ask her who ur father is and the circumstance sorrounding ur birth. There lies ur puzzle.
Pls don't feel too bad at her response.thank God u r a guy.
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by sotum2: 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
You need the power of God turn things around, open this thread u will understand https://www.nairaland.com/1262082/how-conquer-barrenness-medically-spiritually
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by sleekdot(m): 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
OP,

Do you get laid regularly? Because its only a guy who doesnt get laid that complains and moans about all these kind of hormonal stuffs like she doesnt call you, listening properly, laughing at her jokes, Some of your mates are getting married and doing stuffs you are still whining about not sucking moms breast.

The solution locate a weed seller and smoke some and toughen up.

Guys not as old as you are in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting Taliban yet youre here weeping that mommy doesnt kiss you before going to bed
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by tpia5: 11:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
well, in view of the man shortage, i guess he'd still be in the pool of eligible males when women are searching for significant others?
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Mynd44: 12:58am On Jul 27, 2013
Channel your energy towards being a success to yourself and stop seeking anyone's praises. You are an adult now and no one will listen to the excuse that you failed cos mommy did not give you attention.

It is sad but the world is not fair
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
@mynd44 ur rite*no one will belive me*ds ma bb pin 275b3069
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Mynd44: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
hbpeze: @mynd44 ur rite*no one will belive me*ds ma bb pin 275b3069
What should I do with your BB pin?
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
What should I do with your BB pin?
gringrin He needs private counselling.
OP focus on your self and your studies. When you succeed in life she'd be the one craving for your attention.
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Mynd44: 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
Baybe: gringrin He needs private counselling.
OP focus on your self and your studies. When you succeed in life she'd be the one craving for your attention.
If na babe send me the pin na, I for borrow my brother BB use and pose.

@OP, I am broke backside Lagos boy, I don't have a BB. If you need me, send me a PM.
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lol@myd*baybe thanks 4 gettin d mini of ma gvin myd my pin*thank u big bros n sisters*i will focuse die hard on ma books n music
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lol@myd*baybe thanks 4 gettin d mini of ma gvin myd my pin*thank u big bros n sisters*i will focuse die hard on ma books
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Mynd44: 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
hbpeze: Lol@myd*baybe thanks 4 gettin d mini of ma gvin myd my pin*thank u big bros n sisters*i will focuse die hard on ma books n music
Bro, I am broke and ugly, I don't use a BB. If you wanna talk, PM me
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by daisyella: 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
sleekdot: OP,

Do you get laid regularly? Because its only a guy who doesnt get laid that complains and moans about all these kind of hormonal stuffs like she doesnt call you, listening properly, laughing at her jokes, Some of your mates are getting married and doing stuffs you are still whining about not sucking moms breast.

The solution locate a weed seller and smoke some and toughen up.

Guys not as old as you are in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting Taliban yet youre here weeping that mommy doesnt kiss you before going to bed
LOL This one got me cracking up.
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by mgbeketoto: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
Now that you know why. . . .What can you do about it?
NOTHING!

You see in this life huh?. . . .EVEN IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT PEOPLE SAY, THINK, FEEL OR DO ABOUT YOU. . .
You must never lose FOCUS of whom you are. kiss
Take this as a challenge. . .IN GOOD FAITH. . . and DO THE BEST TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE!

Bear no grudge. . . .LOVE YOUR FAMILY and take it the way you see it. . .AND NO MORE!

Life is not a competition with ANYBODY. . . . . !

Shrug it off. . . LOVE YOURSELF SUPERBLY! kiss
Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Odinaka00(m): 8:58am On Aug 02, 2013
Brother I was in this ya situation before, I was 13 when I noticed dat my mum pays much attention Ť☺ my elder brother despite d fact dat I'm d last kid....at 14, I started hustling 4 my own money, sometimes I pay my school fees by myself without her knowning about it cuz I noticed dat she loved to pay my brother's own first....mind yu, I wasn't doing all thes juz to impress my mum or to make her to like ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.....when I finished my secondary school level, I told my dad dat I wud love to stay with my Gma in Enugu state cuz I was begining to feel jelous and have this hatred on my brother....tho my brother didn't help at all cuz he was always quick to report ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ to our mother, making him look like a better child, so I had to leave d house

In Enugu, I stayed with my Gma and was very happy ther, ther I realized dat aint nufin like having peace of mind....so my brother focus yur energy on sth else, you re a man, you stil have a vry long way to go....do not despise ya mum, cuz at some point I wanted to despise my own mother buh thank God dat I didn't do dat....yur achievement wil change so many thingz bro, I'm talking from experience....its well with you brother, just work hard...I knw hw yu feel nw, its not easy ßŮϯ just try

1 Like

Re: My Mum Does Not Seem To Like Me by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 07, 2013
@odinaka...we r game*but my dad z in d village n my mum abroad*i n my sis go 4m one aunt place 2 anoda*so wen my mum calls she speaks 2 my mum alone*i wil be out buyin fuel or doing chores*she does nt ask 4 ma being*

(1) (Reply)

Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? / Havanna Center Rug For Sale / Be Sincere: Which Name Did You Use To Save Your Mum's Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.