Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 (1227 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 / Don Jazzy & Akon Top Richest African Artists, Musicians In 2013– Forbes Magazine / Best Of WIZKID In 2013... [audio And Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by kay29000(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2013
I would say, in no particular order- Ice Prince, Olamide, M.I, Reminisce and ....whoa, I can't even think of a 5th name. Who do you guys feel are the top 5 hottest rappers out right now?
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by liloelawwal(m): 11:39am On Jul 26, 2013
y did u omit vector na
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by kay29000(m): 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
Okay. Thanks. That was d fifth name I was trying to remember.
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Olamide,phyno,mode nine,vector,ice prince,Jesse jagz.in no particular order but anyhow u put it,jeese jagz comes on top
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by lumeviewscom: 2:30am On Jul 27, 2013
lumeviews: Check out the top 10 best rappers in Nigeria:

(1) MODENINE

One of Nigeria’s top rappers for more than a decade now, released his first album Malcolm IX in 2004.
He pioneered the ”Underground Hip Hop” tag for a long time and has hit songs which includes ”
Africa, Cry, Elbow Room, It’s About To Get Ugly, Rock On, Pain, 419 State of Mind,
Lagos State of Mind & Fellow Nigerians, just to name a few.

He is known for his raw delivery, conscious lyrics, battle raps, metaphors & similes. His style is similar
to one of Hip Hop’s legends KRS One. He epitomises underground Hip Hop in Nigeria.
He scaled the heights after hitting the limelight with mega smash hit ”Cry” from the album
”E Pluribus Unum”.

Top Songs: Cry, Africa & Lagos State Of Mind.

Flops: Oga, Okokomaiko & Fiyah Burn

Criticism: Too much similes on a track which makes it lose it’s subject matter, loud unpleasant delivery
& on rare occasions poor beat selection.

(2) M.I

Mr Incredible, Nigeria’s accclaimed ”Rap Messiah”, dropped his EP ”Illegal Music” in 2009, after
which he exploded onto the music scene with the amazing album ”Talk About It” and has hit songs which
includes Teaser, Talk About It, Area, Fast Money Fast Cars, Money, Nobody & Action Film, just to name a few.

He is known for his husky delivery, multisyllabic rhymes, metaphors & has the tendency to sing. His style is
similar to Lil’ Wayne & Kanye West. He is one of the leaders of today’s new school Hip Hop in Nigeria.
The song ”Safe” from the album ”Talk About It” brought him to the limelight.

Top Songs: Nobody, Teaser & Money.

Flops: Craze, Seven Days & My Head My Belle.

Criticism: Tries too hard to rhyme so he ends up saying non-existing words, he isn’t a spectacular singer and
should stick to just rapping.

Visit WHO IS THE BEST RAPPER IN NIGERIA? for our complete list reasons.
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by Osadhody(m): 6:14am On Jul 27, 2013
As for me i will choose (1)Olamide aka badoo of life (2)MI aka mr incredible (3)ice prince (4)vector the viper and (5)young skales of eme crew.As for me mode 9 is out,cos aw can sme1 b silent 4 d past 5yrs nd jst cme back and wants to be in 2013 best rapper thats impossible,as for reminisce he deserve to be there but the 5 rapper i posted earlier are more better than him

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by kay29000(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
But Young Skales no longer raps...all his latest songs have had him singing.
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by binhozie(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
Boogey- phenom-MI-olamide-vector.dat particular order
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by Starbeams: 5:46am On Jul 29, 2013
Put XMAN before anybody...the guy is just too Good. He is d best Yoruba rapper alive!
XMAN
M.I
Ice prince
Vector
Badoo
Phyno
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 29, 2013
I thought we were talking about the best rappers in 2013. So far,so good,with the release of both albums and singles from different rappers,I don't think any album has been released that is as good lyrically,musically and as social conscious as thy kingdom come by Jesse jagz,granted we have rappers with mass appeal like ice prince but if we are talking about the best; I personally think Jesse jagz has that title for the year.the year is not yet over so I hope some one releases something as good or even better.

2 Likes

Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by kay29000(m): 9:36am On Jul 29, 2013
Can someone please tell me more about Jesse jagz album...did he actually rap majority of the songs, or was doing some experimental sing-song or raggae style music?
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
kay29000: Can someone please tell me more about Jesse jagz album...did he actually rap majority of the songs, or was doing some experimental sing-song or raggae style music?
He rapped,he only sang in about 2 or 3 songs

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by kay29000(m): 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
Okay, thanks.
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by Starbeams: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
XMAN
IcE
M.I
Vector
Sinzu
Olamide
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
I tink jesse jagz shld com 1st folow by any oda raper u cn tink of...his latest EP is d bst i hv heard after talk about it by MI..jesse 4 me is d bst raper 4 nw..undisputed
Re: Who Would You Say Are The Top 5 Rappers In 2013 by kimco(m): 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
what is the appeal to ice prince rly? he tries to rap like a brit (mostly nt mentioning the letter ''T'')annoys me to no end. For me i got jesse ''jago'' and mister incredible. Gotta start listening to mode 9. Is he dat gud?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Radio And TV Stations Ban 2face Idibia, D’banj Etc... / Audio + Video: Stevenblu - Wambolombo. / Oritse Femi - Fall In Love Audio/video Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.