Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? (10754 Views)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
eziza:

Actually, nobody is stopping you from going. Rally like minded people, pull your resources together and make the move. It is a free world ya know? But coming here to b-tch about it when you can't afford a plane ticket that will you across the Atlantic, can be seen as annoying.

Think I cant afford it

Who told you I can't afford it. I can afford a night with your Mother. shocked
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by eziza: 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ta wabe erha wabe iyue
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
eziza: Ta wabe erha wabe iyue

Hide behind your language dog
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by eziza: 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
Jayvarley:

Hide behind your language dog

Yea, and it hurts when you don't have one.

3 Likes

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
eziza:

Yea, and it hurts when you don't have one.

Yes thanks to who? ^^^
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by eziza: 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
^
Thanks to your weakass forefathers who could not resist getting enslaved by men born of women just like them.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
eziza: ^
Thanks to your weakass forefathers who could not resist getting enslaved by men born of women just like them.

In fact it was your forefathers who sold mine into slavery.
You may say my fathers are weak but actually I am descended from the strongest Africans who survived the middle passage and the cruelties of slavery that was laid upon our backs. Most Africans on slave plantations had a life expectancy of seven years. It's called survival of the fittest. This is the reason why blacks of the diaspora make the best athletes/Sprinters today. The weak ones like yourself were left behind.
If you were sold into slavery you would have died in the middle passage and been thrown overboard! shocked grin

2 Likes

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by eziza: 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
lol, you are actually funny. Keep consoling yourself, do.

But if you are serious about Africa, it is not that hard to settle if you are a skilled worker. There is this famous radio DJ in Lagos, can't remember his name now, he is AA. He was not free of controversy tho, but I'd say he settled in well and married to a Nigerian now.

But as for you lazy bums who only talk about it on the internet, stay where you are.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
eziza: lol, you are actually funny. Keep consoling yourself, do.

But if you are serious about Africa, it is not that hard to settle if you are skilled worker. There is famous radio DJ in Lagos, can't remember his name now, he is AA. He was not free of controversy tho, but I'd say he settled in well and married to a Nigerian now.

But as for you lazy bums who only talk about it on the internet, stay where you are.

It was you who started an argument out of nothing.

You do not know anything about me personally or my finances but it seems you have issues with diaspora blacks.

I do not want to personally move to Africa but many Afro- Caribbean people have relocated to places like Ghana and Ethiopia,
including Rita Marley. Who knows, maybe Ghanaians are more welcoming to their cousins in the diaspora.

What I told you previously is was not a consolation, it is a fact, that athletically Diaspora blacks dominate sprinting and East African Blacks dominate long distance running.

You said my Fathers were weak. Ok can you name me Ten TOP Nigerian Top Sprinters??

I kindly wait. . grin

2 Likes

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by eziza: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
Jayvarley:

I do not want to personally move to Africa

I know.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by eziza: 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ticket money no easy.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
eziza:

I know.

I knew you could not come up with that list! grin grin

Some African Americans are being granted citizenship in African countries once they can prove their ancestry there.
Especially the Celebs.

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
eziza: Ticket money no easy.

I've been to further countries than Africa from UK.

Ticket money is not problem
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by eziza: 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
Yea, and you flew Wikipedia Air to get there.

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
eziza: Yea, and you flew Wikipedia Air to get there.

I have been to US, Canada, Jamaica, Barbados, Guyana, Trinidad, France all from UK where I was born and raised.

Don't be jealous now, I might even spare you a ticket. wink
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
anylove100:
Black Americans are not from Africa,black americans are Americans. Will Smith ,Bill Cosby,Dr Ben Carson are not Africans but Americans so why should they move to Africa? George Bush,Brad Pitt,Hillary Clinton are not Europeans but Americans so why should they move to Europe.human beings have always migrated throughout history it doesn't matter if it was through slavery,servant,or imperialist,whites were enslaved as servants too.black Americans have contributed as much to the development of America so tell me why they should move back.if black americans cannot take advantage of a civilized society do you think they would survive in africa?black people really need to get their act together i'm tired of all this pan african rubbish,look at sseden an all white country and look at nigeria or congo an all black country.then look at the U.S a black and white country,you can see that most of the negatives of america is associated with blacks,liberia was runned and destroyed by black american returnees,that country should hv been a model african country.respect is earned majority of blacks are dumb,there are few good black people unfortunately majority carries the vote,there are few stupid white people but majority carries the vote. are the white people in iceland thinking about moving back to europe? so why do jamaicans talk about moving to africa instead of developing their country.

Black Americans are not from Africa??

If you are at all aware of Historical facts you will be aware that African Americans and European Americans are not native to the Americas.
So the Europeans went the Americas willingly, the Africans DID NOT wish to be transported out of their homelands.

That is the fundamental difference between Europeans in the Americas and blacks!

What you have also failed to realise is that there are decent respectable African Americans who are being discriminated against by systematic racism. Here is one particular case of the Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC3-Pjxksus

Before you believe everything that you see in the media realise ask yourself this question.

Is everything the media says about African Americans true?

Also ask yourself this,

Is everything the media says about Africa true?

Believe me the media does not paint a good picture.

But if I were like you, I would believe everything what the media says about Africa.

But thankfully I'm more intelligent than that.

In answer to your question, Jamaican people are among few from the diaspora who have strong a African identity.
They are descendants of Africans which makes them African.

If a dog is born in a stable does it make him a horse?
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
anylove100: I am not African .i love all people but i'm pointing out facts ,problems that needs to be fixed.my friend stop living in your kumbaya fantasy and envisioning Africa as a sort of return to eden theres massive poverty and dysfunction in black africa,you said africans did not willingly move to the Americas.even today millions of nigerians and africans have willingly migrated,and millions more queue at embassy to get visa and leave the God forsaken country.there's more tribalism in africa than racism anywhere in the world.whites are adventurous and love to explore and progress yet a black american thinks about regressing back to hell.ok let us assume all blacks in the world move to africa there'll only be wars,tribalism,jungle justice,corruption,big manism,diseases,jealousy,religious ignorance and bigotry e.g Liberia,Sierra leone.

Well you are right about tribalism. I will give you that. Which is the whole reason the slave trade began. Tribal conflicts and then the captives of war sold to Europeans.

When though did you hear me say Africa was some kind of an Eden? It has it's problems just like the USA does.

So you think Africa is Hell? ?

It is quite clear you hate Africa.

Why do you call yourself anylove100 when you are full of HATE?

You are a Dog Turd!
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by eziza: 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
You guys cant afford it. Save the argument.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
eziza: Yea, and you flew Wikipedia Air to get there.

im not gonna lie,
that line is hilarious grin grin

@jay jamaicans are not the only ones who still have some traditions from our african ancestors passed down to us today that we still practice. AAs (esp. those in South Carolina and Louisiana) do as well. Just like the other islanders and central/south americans but that does not make us "african".

we are black and have african ancestry but we are not african.
there is nothing wrong with being african but you can't just say because we are black that we have that title. I USED TO feel that way but I don't anymore. I liken our situation to the movie "Losing Isaiah". Yes he was black but his mother gave him away, he was raised in another home and took on another identity.

To say one is not African does not mean one suffers from self hate it's just a fact. If I had a sister who was adopted out and years later she decided to come by to see how alike we were and get to know where she same from BY BLOOD I would see her as my sister however because of her history and experience I would have to accept her as her own individual. If she decided to take on the family name then cool, if not then cool too. It's her call. Either way it won't change the fact that she was not raised in her biological ppl's environment. You get my drift?

As for 'anylove' it's obvious that that individual is a troll.

to make a statement like:

if you remove all whites in a developed island like australia and put only blacks,within a few year it would be like detroit,nigeria,sudan,congo. s.tupid people

that's obvious troll bait. dont let it get you worked up.
and like i said before this thread is uncalled for and ppl PLEASE let the thread DIE!
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
oh i thought someone important was talking to me.
guess not! cheesy
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by MamiWata: 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Jayvarley: Should they be granted Citizenship in African countries?
Hopefully not mine. I find that diasporans are western in culture/spirit though some of them look like us. Skin color doesn't really mean anything as there are already enough westernized Africans on the continent. No more are necessary. Some diasporans foster dreams similar to adoptees who long for their birth mother but they are founded on little of any substance.
Jayvarley: And will they be accepted by the people?
Their money will be accepted but that's honestly about it.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2013
eziza: You guys cant afford it. Save the argument.

This ugly fool needs to get a life.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 11:18am On Sep 30, 2013
anylove100: I dont hate Africa ,that would be foolish.do you know how much charity,community service and goodwill i've done in Africa and black communities around the world?but all my efforts were in vain .anyway this is my last comment here I will not argue with an Ignoramus like you.if you want to move to nigeria just do that,if Al sharpton or jesse jackson hates white people and want an all black city or country then let them move to detroit , camden or africa -Congo, Nigeria.all i know is that I love my country the United States of America the Great and i am always willing and ready to die for it.goodbye f.ool.

You are dumb troll, it's quite obvious, by the lazy content of your messages. There is nothing constructive in your hateful opinions .

If you want to have a debate with a person don't start being abusive, because you have a different opinion. I find it hard to believe you have done anything for anyone let alone black people.

Why are you bring Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson into this discussion? Did I ever express any hatred for whites on this discussion?
Keep on sucking that white C.O.C.K till it comes out of your behind!

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 11:32am On Sep 30, 2013
anylove100: can you please please tell me what's troll about my comments on this topic?if you shut up and listen more read my comments you might learn something from the real life facts i've presented.you think i'm a troll?you want to schedule a live tv debate?we can meet somewhere let me give you an intellectual knockout.
what goodwill have you ever done to a fellow black person in your life?you do not love blacks thats why you hide the facts and truths.[b]people like you will be destroyed when my revolution begins to intervene for africans
[/b]ignorant blacks such as yourself are an hinderance to black progress.you lack reasoning skills,i identified problems facing african countries and i gave solution and you call me a troll? alright (1)if Australia was made of only blacks australia would be a first world country(2)south africa would still be developed if it was an all black country,(3)Haiti would be a rich country if theres no whites in haiti,(4)black african countries do not need any change or mental revolution because its already developed,(5)Africans did not sell fellow africans into slavery,(6)African leaders have not done worst to their people than colonial masters,(7)theres no black on black crime in detroit,chicago and everywhere in the world,there are no black racist,all whites are racist,( 8 )Jamaica and haiti are developed countries and Iceland is poor,(9)Detroit is a predominantly white city and its not bankrupt and crime ridden,(10)there group of white men in suit and tie having a secret meeting to destroy black people,(11)nigeria,congo and senegal where all advanced and developed before the europeans arrived,(12)White Icelanders are planning to return to europe (13) all black people are poor there are no successful black people and towns in America and pan africanist are not accusing them of acting too white (14) all white people live in mansions and dont do meth,they do not face any challenges,their shit dont stink ,they planning a move back to europe (15) all whites were slave owners and kings there were no free blacks and black slave owners......hope you feel happy now. practice listening skills and do less talking,let me talk i've got something to say.

"People like you will be destroyed when my revolution begins to intervene for Africans"

^^^
This dog turd sounds about as deluded as the Black Hebrew Israelites. Lol

Sounding all dumb and radical. I await the revolution. Let us see what becomes of it! grin

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Jayvarley(m): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
anylove100: i have removed my comment and unfollowed this group i wish i could get a hold of you.you are a lucky b.astard go celebrate.

Save your doomsday prophecies for someone who gives a flying F.U.*.K.

You heathen false prophet. grin

Why did you start a war and now punk out and remove your disrespectful comments?? cheesy grin

I will not celebrate until you're 6 FEET under and make worms food wink
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lmao.
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghanaian (Ashanti) Dating Nigerian (Igbo) / 30 Awesome Old People With Tattoos, How Will Your Tattoo Look (PHOTO) / Igbo Bia Suọ Olu Inyì :: Come And Speak Your Dialects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.