Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? (5537 Views)

Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work / What If I Don't Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 11:26am On Jul 26, 2013
I've been told all African men desire children. I wondered about this, but cant answer it. Over to the guys, are there any out there who dont want or plan on having any kids? And be honest

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by HARDDON: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2013
what would you be living for then?

a man's life is centered about his sleek wify and kute kids.

take the kids out, and watch da family name wear off.

2) who would take care of you when your bones frail and your heirs grey out?

in the western world, you have quality centres that care for the elderly until their time fades off
here in Nigeria, it is these kids you say you dont want, that kares for you considering the health facilities' status in 9ja.

Please tell me, who in his right senses would not want kute kids. even God said; go and multiply and replenish the earth......you are a great nation, if only you would leave a seed behind to carry on the spread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
nice answer thanks! Dont get me wrong, I wasnt saying ppl shouldnt...i just wondered if there was any African men who dont want...cos mostly everyone loves kids

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by biolabee(m): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ok am waiting
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
biolabee: Ok am waiting

what you waiting for friend? Guys to comment?
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by DIG1: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
Wish not to have children, though I knw it will b difficult to convince a wife wenever I am ready to get married dat I dont want a child. If I get a lady dat will accept, good. If not, will not have more than one.

6 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by biolabee(m): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
oyinbogirl:

what you waiting for friend? Guys to comment?

Just like hardon said, a typical afrikan man wants kids
So im waiting for the person that does not really care grin

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
biolabee:

Just like hardon said, a typical afrikan man wants kids
So im waiting for the person that does not really care grin

yeah me too smiley hope the guys reply!
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
DIG1: Wish not to have children, though I knw it will b difficult to convince a wife wenever I am ready to get married dat I dont want a child. If I get a lady dat will accept, good. If not, will not have more than one.

Wow really? If im not prying can I ask why you made this choice please?
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by DIG1: 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
oyinbogirl:

Wow really? If im not prying can I ask why you made this choice please?
Children are stress, n I avoid stress as possible

2 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by biolabee(m): 12:53am On Jul 27, 2013
DIG1:
Children are stress, n I avoid stress as possible

If I may ask are u based in the west, europe or in naija
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 27, 2013
I want to have a maximum of 3 kids.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 27, 2013
CFCfan: I want to have a maximum of 3 kids.

See your mouth like max of 3 kids. Na you go carry the belly and give birth to them abi?

5 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by greatgod2012(f): 6:02am On Jul 27, 2013
@DIGI; i respect your opinion, may God bless you.
The fact is that, if you dont have what it takes to be a parent, like love, care, i mean, the resource that will be used to nurture kids like............;financial resources, emotional resources, time resources,et,al, to take care of kids, its better not to have them, than for you having them, but subjecting or exposing them to life of suffering, as if they come on their own and as if you aint the one who invited them to come.
May God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by LewsTherin: 6:20am On Jul 27, 2013
I wouldn't say I don't want kids. But I didn't get married because I want to have children. And any In-Law who bothers me about it should go have their own!!!
Am I looking foward to children? Not really. But I am grateful that God will choose me to bring some new life into this world.

...and that is what I am worried about. This world is messed up enough as it is.

5 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by stevecantrell: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2013
LewsTherin: I wouldn't say I don't want kids. But I didn't get married because I want to have children. And any In-Law who bothers me about it should go have their own!!!
Am I looking foward to children? Not really. But I am grateful that God will choose me to bring some new life into this world.

...and that is what I am worried about. This world is messed up enough as it is.

I know where your coming from.

If the world is getting more messed up with each passing day, I wonder what kind of world you expect your children to live in by the time they're 10 yrs old.

Sometimes I wonder if they wouldn't ask me one day " Dad, why did you bring us into this mess ? I don't remember asking for this.."

8 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by biolabee(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
LewsTherin: I wouldn't say I don't want kids. But I didn't get married because I want to have children. And any In-Law who bothers me about it should go have their own!!!

The world has been messed up from time immemorial
Na today people dey poke man nyansh - sodom n Gomorrah
Na today org.ies dey happen - roman empire
Na today immorality full ground - Noah's flood
Na today embezzlement dey- judas wey dey with jesus steal money

This world is a stream n we are in it for a time.
Its ur impact in that time that you should focus on
If you have kids, train them and God will bless your efforts

3 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by sholay2011(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee:

The world has been messed up from time immemorial
Na today people dey poke man nyansh - sodom n Gomorrah
Na today org.ies dey happen - roman empire
Na today immorality full ground - Noah's flood
Na today embezzlement dey- judas wey dey with jesus steal money

This world is a stream n we are in it for a time.
Its ur impact in that time that you should focus on
If you have kids, train them and God will bless your efforts
Bro, LewsTherin has a point. In as much as the world has been filled with all sort of vices even before our existence; it's nothing compared to the evil of now and the doom that awaits in the future. The next generation need extra grace to be upright amidst what the world has turned into.

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by biolabee(m): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
sholay2011:
Bro, LewsTherin has a point. In as much as the world has been filled with all sort of vices even before our existence; it's nothing compared to the evil of now and the doom that awaits in the future. The next generation need extra grace to be upright amidst what the world has turned into.

Ok.. but dont forget no be today dem write kama sutra

2 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Princesszoe: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
God bless you. greatgod2012:
@DIGI; i respect your opinion, may God bless you.
The fact is that, if you dont have what it takes to be a parent, like love, care, i mean, the resource that will be used to nurture kids like............;financial resources, emotional resources, time resources,et,al, to take care of kids, its better not to have them, than for you having them, but subjecting or exposing them to life of suffering, as if they come on their own and as if you aint the one who invited them to come.
May God help us all.
God bless you. You simply cannot give your children what you do not have. If you are too lazy, you cannot give speed to them. If you are immoral, you cannot give morality to them. If your ideology is falsehood, you cannot impact truth in them. Look around , and see that many children are worst than their parents. These are the offsprings/seeds we call leaders of tomorrow. Children learn from the parents behaviour and not really from what they say. They listen to their mothers to hear what she calls or says about their fathers and it will take a new turn on them if they ever hear their mother saying that their father once cheated or stole or a fraudster or cruel. Same can happen when they hear from their father that their mom was once a prostitute, a witch, a fighter. Parents should becareful.

greatgod2012: @DIGI; i respect your opinion, may God bless you.
May God help us all.
God bless you. You simply cannot give your children what you do not have. If you are too lazy, you cannot give speed to them. If you are immoral, you cannot give morality to them. If your ideology is falsehood, you cannot impact truth in them. Look around , and see that many children are worst than their parents. These are the offsprings/seeds we call leaders of tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by DIG1: 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
greatgod2012: @DIGI; i respect your opinion, may God bless you.
May God help us all.
My friends abt my age are married with kids, but truth be told, I don't have the emotional resources to have a wife not to talk of having kids. though dat is for now, if later in life I am able to build some emotional resources, will give it a thought.

7 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 4:50am On Jul 28, 2013
DIG1:
My friends abt my age are married with kids, but truth be told, I don't have the emotional resources to have a wife not to talk of having kids. though dat is for now, if later in life I am able to build some emotional resources, will give it a thought.

You have maturity to see this aspect in yourself, very wise.. may all go well with you

2 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by biolabee(m): 7:04am On Jul 28, 2013
DIG1:

Dear dig, youve not responded to the earlier questions
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by LewsTherin: 7:45am On Jul 28, 2013
When I consider my schedule and that of my wife, it will not be fair on me to make her take on the extra responsibility of pregnancy. At least not until things are a little more settled (we just changed cities). Then when the kids come, can we give them the attention they deserve? Then I have to consider the financial implications. My health insurance requires a period before it covers ante-natal and delivery. I'm not gonna subject my family to worries about how we'll cope.

Having children is a gift and a responsibility. Anyone who jumps into it without proper planning should be flogged! If you do not consider the unique circumstances of each family before children, you are simply shifting your responsibility. Very reprehensible!

As for the go-forth-and-multiply group, the world never multiply reach, abi?

7 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by jmoore(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2013
No, I want kids.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by DIG1: 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
biolabee:

If I may ask are u based in the west, europe or in naija
Abj, Nigeria for now
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by biolabee(m): 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
DIG1:
Abj, Nigeria for now

Cool, though u have some western leanings in this
But at least you are true to urself
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by dowjones(m): 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
I dont want kids, i dont have the emotional fortitude or tolerance to deal with them. I've grown to habour fatal hate for my dad and it will be a shame if i let my kids have that for me.

My decision is not an act of selfishness but a slefless act of love to my unborn children. I will save them from coming to this wicked world and living with an emotionally dead father.

6 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by dayokanu(m): 1:51am On Aug 07, 2013
Are there Africans male or female who dont want kids?
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by basisop(m): 12:39am On Aug 11, 2013
LewsTherin: When I consider my schedule and that of my wife, it will not be fair on me to make her take on the extra responsibility of pregnancy. At least not until things are a little more settled (we just changed cities). Then when the kids come, can we give them the attention they deserve? Then I have to consider the financial implications. My health insurance requires a period before it covers ante-natal and delivery. I'm not gonna subject my family to worries about how we'll cope.

Having children is a gift and a responsibility. Anyone who jumps into it without proper planning should be flogged! If you do not consider the unique circumstances of each family before children, you are simply shifting your responsibility. Very reprehensible!

As for the go-forth-and-multiply group, the world never multiply reach, abi?

My friend go and make babies with your wife before another man does it for you. Remember the DNA revelation not long ago.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by tintingz(m): 1:41am On Aug 11, 2013
SMH for some peeps in this thread... You don't want kids and yet you walk freely and happy on earth as if you jump from heaven to earth undecided

This world is really changing...
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by MrsChima(f): 2:35am On Aug 11, 2013
It's not by force to have children. The world is overpopulated with pikins.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Next of kin: Should it be your spouse, child or sibling? / What Is The Issue Leading You To Depression Now! Intelligent Minds Only / She's Fond Of Doing This....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.