Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:54 PM

For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? (5509 Views)

Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work / What If I Don't Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by LewsTherin: 6:07am On Aug 11, 2013
basisop:

My friend go and make babies with your wife before another man does it for you. Remember the DNA revelation not long ago.

The mind-set of some of us. Pity.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by tintingz(m): 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
It's not by force to have children. The world is overpopulated with pikins.
stale... We have been hearing this for the past centuries undecided
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
tintingz: stale... We have been hearing this for the past centuries undecided

there is fact in this
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by MrsChima(f): 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2013
tintingz: stale... We have been hearing this for the past centuries undecided

And your yeye fowl ash will CONTINUE to hear this 100 more centuries.

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Enegod(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

is this a cuss or a blessing?

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
I wouldn't want a kid as well, at least not early enough. Maybe much later in my older years, and then must be just one kid.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 6:33am On Nov 06, 2013
sauer: I wouldn't want a kid as well, at least not early enough. Maybe much later in my older years, and then must be just one kid.

ok ooo i understand - but see you DO want a kid anyways
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
oyinbogirl:

ok ooo i understand - but see you DO want a kid anyways

Yea, why not? With the right partner, I would want one. smiley

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by bettermike: 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
Interesting. I am eccentric anyways, so wont be surprised if I tell myself I dont want kids.
But I love kids, so dunno, wellll, when I get to the bridge, I will cross it.
Buh, max of 3 don do omoluabi, I wonder why some have upto 5, so annyoing, paupers most especially.
**thinking.aloud**
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
I know most women are all about kids.
But me? Well 2 kids more than enough.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by troy20(m): 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
if it comes to a choice, i would rather have a child than being married.

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by troy20(m): 7:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 12:57am On Jan 02, 2014
troy20: if it comes to a choice, i would rather have a child than being married.

REally, and whats the reasons you would choose that course?
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by troy20(m): 7:56am On Jan 02, 2014
oyinbogirl:

REally, and whats the reasons you would choose that course?
though i've never understood my love for children but...aside the societal pressure and the unending need for completeness procreation will always be the strongest justification for marriage.passion wanes.many union hold up at all because of children born in them.there would be a zillion divources more than it is today without children.but once again thats if am giving a choice.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2014
tintingz: SMH for some peeps in this thread... You don't want kids and yet you walk freely and happy on earth as if you jump from heaven to earth undecided

This world is really changing...

At least they're being honest. Just because your parents had you, doesn't mean you too MUST have kids. Parenthood is NOT reciprocal.

If a man doesn't have a paternal streak, then it's selfish to father children. It's also weak, because such a guy will be doing what society expects him to, all at the expense of having an emotionally damaged child.

Fatherhood isn't for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by tintingz(m): 10:35am On Jan 02, 2014
oyinbogirl:

there is fact in this
We have been hearing/reading this fact for the past years. smiley

Mrs.Chima:
I guess you don't have any reasonable thing to say.

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by tintingz(m): 10:49am On Jan 02, 2014
Siena:

At least they're being honest. Just because your parents had you, doesn't mean you too MUST have kids. Parenthood is NOT reciprocal.

If a man doesn't have a paternal streak, then it's selfish to father children. It's also weak, because such a guy will be doing what society expects him to, all at the expense of having an emotionally damaged child.

Fatherhood isn't for everyone.
I believe in parenthood for those that are ready for it, thou you have a valid point but fatherhood is for everyone there is the reason men have peniss, there is a reason for the sperrm I guess we all know why sperrm exist.

I believe fatherhood is not meant for those that are not ready for it. It is our society that makes it hard or not worth.

Meanwhile there are some men with fertility problem but many of them want to be fathers I pray there problem is solved. smiley
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 02, 2014
tintingz: I believe in parenthood for those that are ready for it, thou you have a valid point but fatherhood is for everyone there is the reason men have peniss, there is a reason for the sperrm I guess we all know why sperrm exist.

I believe fatherhood is not meant for those that are not ready for it. It is our society that makes it hard or not worth.

Meanwhile there are some men with fertility problem but many of them want to be fathers I pray there problem is solved. smiley
u are beating about d bush. Ur points arnt strng enuff, dey dnt hold water.
smiley
i can bet my Lunch, ur muslim¿

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by troy20(m): 11:30am On Jan 02, 2014
nouveaux:
smiley
thats if that lunch is a whole turkey.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 11:42am On Jan 02, 2014
nouveaux:
smiley

cheesy
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by tintingz(m): 11:44am On Jan 02, 2014
nouveaux:
smiley
La la la my point ain't strong enough? grin why do men have dicck and sperrm?

Yeah ama muslim any problem with that? undecided

You should have bet with your yansh then grin
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by oyinbogirl(f): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2014
tintingz: La la la my point ain't strong anough? grin why do men have sperrm?

Yeah ama muslim any problem with that? undecided

You should have bet with your yansh then grin

sure men have sperm - thats a biological fact none can deny. However, just the fact of having sperm dosnt mean it be by force to have children. Since we are responsible for our own children & upbringing, its a weighty task, and quite simply , some have the sense to realise that children are not for them.

No one should go and have kids 'simply cos they can' and have the sperm to do so. Its a big responsibility, and there are enough in the world now who definetely should not have had kids in the first place. SO having kids (or not) is a decision we all have to make

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by tintingz(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
oyinbogirl:

sure men have sperm - thats a biological fact none can deny. However, just the fact of having sperm dosnt mean it be by force to have children. Since we are responsible for our own children & upbringing, its a weighty task, and quite simply , some have the sense to realise that children are not for them.
I didn't say it is by force to have kids, like I said in my previous post I said something about being "ready" yes if a man is not ready to be a father then fine but the ideology that fatherhood is not meant for everyone is lame.

Every part of our body are design for something, humans exist to have offspring. Biology, nature agrees with that.

No one should go and have kids 'simply cos they can' and have the sperm to do so. Its a big responsibility, and there are enough in the world now who definetely should not have had kids in the first place. SO having kids (or not) is a decision we all have to make
Yeah it is a big responsibility because our society we live in made it so, having kids doesn't worth anymore right?

Well it is a matter of choice no one is forcing anybody smiley.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
tintingz: I didn't say it is by force to have kids, like I said in my previous post I said something about being "ready" yes if a man is not ready to be a father then fine

A man being "ready" to have kids and being "paternal" are very different. A non-paternal man will NEVER be ready to have kids.

tintingz: the ideology that fatherhood is not meant for everyone is lame.

No. What is lame however, is a man having children, when he knows he's not paternal. Just because society "expects" him to. When it all goes horribly wrong, and his kids are neglected, will society pick up the pieces?

Any man who is medically fit can be a father, but it takes the right sort of man to be a DAD.

tintingz: Every part of our body are design for something, humans exist to have offspring. Biology, nature agrees with that.

True, the male body is biologically designed to be able to sire chidren, as long as the said body doesn't have any medical "glitches" that would prevent this. But, man does not exist solely for procreation, and it's inane to even suggest it is. As a human, we differ from the lower animals - we have that thing called "choice".

Nature may support procreation, emotions may not. It is therefore irresponsible for a man to sire offspring, just to satisfy the society he lives in, knowing full well he has no paternal streak, as in he doesn't like, or want children.

2 Likes

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by TV01(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
Siena: A man being "ready" to have kids and being "paternal" are very different. A non-paternal man will NEVER be ready to have kids.

Kindly explain being "paternal". Especially as it sounds like a condition and not a choice?

TV
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by tintingz(m): 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
Siena:
A man being "ready" to have kids and being "paternal" are very different. A non-paternal man will NEVER be ready to have kids.
agree but both can still be related cuz all men are design to be paternity it is the society that made it look like having kids is a big responsibility.

Note there is nothing like big responsibility during our fathers time, the society is very comfortable building a family then.

No. What is lame however, is a man having children, when he knows he's not paternal. Just because society "expects" him to. When it all goes horribly wrong, and his kids are neglected, will society pick up the pieces?
Again society doesn't expect a man to be paternal, we are created/design to be paternal infact being paternal and ready can be related. Imagine if 'all' men are rich and wealthy like obama, bill gate etc won't he want children to inherit his wealth? Some men don't want children because of the responsibility attached to it.

Men sperrm exist for a reason.

Any man who is medically fit can be a father, but it takes the right sort of man to be a DAD.
agree

True, the male body is biologically designed to be able to sire chidren, as long as the said body doesn't have any medical "glitches" that would prevent this. But, man does not exist solely for procreation, and it's inane to even suggest it is. As a human, we differ from the lower animals - we have that thing called "choice".
wrong, men are design to procreate if men are not design to have offspring, me and you won't be typing this many of us will not be existing today. Yes choice is part of we human but saying men are not design to sire offspring is illogical, it is the society that made it so.

Nature may support procreation, emotions may not. It is therefore irresponsible for a man to sire offspring, just to satisfy the society he lives in, knowing full well he has no paternal streak, as in he doesn't like, or want children.
Emotions also support procreation, no matter how a man said he doesn't want a child another part of his emotions will still dream of having a child even tho he's not emotional ready to have a child.

Having children is not to satisfy the society it is part of men to have children, society have changed it all, like have been saying the sperrm exist for a reason, men and women exist to have offspring but the choice is there for us to use.

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by tpiar: 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
Some dont.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
Great thread. I don't want kids but it's hard finding a good woman who wants same.

Already inquired about vasectomy cost at Marie Stopes and it's just N50,000.

Another clinic on the island puts it at N65,000.

Will be getting it soon.
Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by Klass99(f): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2020

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by sisisioge: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
mexican:
Great thread. I don't want kids but it's hard finding a good woman who wants same.

Already inquired about vasectomy cost at Marie Stopes and it's just N50,000.

Another clinic on the island puts it at N65,000.

Will be getting it soon.

Haaa! Please use CDs until you're in your forties. Then you can be absolutely sure and get a vasectomy.

1 Like

Re: For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? by NUJABEZ: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
I won't marry netiether will I have children. When I die all traces of my existence will be scrubbed off the face of the earth sooner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Save Me 4rm My Uncle's Wife / Is it right for a man to wash his Wife's Pant? / Is It Ideal To Get A Gift For Your Mother In Law To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.