Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38778 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
souldust: my dear, i support all the things good feminists agitate for but some people have given the movement a bad name. I think it is so so unfair to the genuine cause some of them are fighting.

You echoed my thoughts exactly Mr.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Emperoh(m): 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
Dear Women,

Can you also request to remove Wo or Fe?
maybe that will solve yur problem

Thank you

[size=18pt]Lubbish!!![/size]
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
Why are so many insecured men commenting on this thread? if you are comfortable with your masculinity why should you care? lol

5 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by freecocoa(f): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
The struggle is real.smiley
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are there no men that earn lower than women?
Are you an Idiot??!! Of course, there are women that earn more than men if they are in better positions or higher paying jobs. A female computer scientist is going to earn more than a male mechanic, you mor0n! I said counterparts, meaning women in the same workplace doing the same job as a man and earning less than he does.

Nigerians don't see male children as been better. It's just that they always strive to get at least one male child to continue with the name of the family. A woman gets married off anyways.
LMAO!! You just shot yourself in the foot. I'm so disappointed cos I truly feel like I'm talking to a f00l. You just listed why males are viewed as more important than females and then you complain about people that are trying to remove the factors you mentioned above. The question I would want you to ask yourself which I'm def sure you already know the answer to, is:
Why is the male child the one allowed to carry the name of the family?? Why aren't you in support of women that also want to carry on the names of their families?? Don't you think that if equality truly exists, both children would be given a chance to choose whether they want to carry on their father's names or not?? How come that what you listed above hasn't had any influence on how a female child or male child is viewed??

I mean, for God sake! Look @ what you just wrote to me while telling me that there is gender equality. "A woman gets married off anyway". What sort of gender equality exists when women gets sold to males like a piece of property. And how does that make them equal to the opposite gender??

Are men and women not r.aping themselves in marriage? Why's that of the man always highlighted and that of the woman seen as insignificant?
Biologically, men have more physical strength than women. No one is disputing that. Therefore women become easier targets to troubled souls. If you look @ statistics of r*ape victims, women are obviously the one suffering more from this. This is the only explanation I can give on why it might appears than when we talk of rape victims, we think women. I believe that a wife that rapes her husband, deserves to be jailed. I am for gender equality not for female superiority.

What's wrong with gender roles? Isn't it common sense that since men are stronger physically and women are more multi-tasking, that they will fit into roles that require these strengths?
The issue with what you have above is the modern society. Earning a living doesn't require physical strength anymore as it does acquired skill, and brain power. I'm so mad that I'm talking to you and I have to be telling you the obvious. Women are not born with an innate power to cook, do the laundry, wash the bathrooms or lay the bed. There is nothing in our genes or organs that make us any better than men in doing those things I've listed.
Why should financial provision rest solely on the man??

What gave rise to these whole feminist BS is that women want to take up roles masculine roles instead of sticking with their roles as women. Very soon women will start saying it's gender inequality not to have d1cks like their husbands.
D1cks doesn't make you any powerful than women. In fact based on history, most men that made decision with their d1cks got themselves in serious trouble, so permit me to say d1cks only makes you weaker than the female race.

8 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
carefreewannabe: It's wrong to say feminists can't marry and that this is a contradiction. Check the definition of feminism.

it then begs the question - which man in his right senses would put up with a feminist and marry her? how long before the marriage khaputs?

feminism is just communism in thongs....feminism has turned women into men and i don't want to marry a man. in other words, feminists should forget about getting married! it defeats their purpose....

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by BarryX(m): 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
I'm for Feminism on this one . Anything that will lighten the load of the marriage ceremony--- nice

But she will have to explain the "feminism" thingy proper when she gets to my house -- No qualms

FEMINISM!! AWUUUUU--- ***

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Wahala90: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
[size=14pt]By the way, whose wife is this: [/size]

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by olopan(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
hilarous ....women think at this age... OYA SWEETMOM SHA U SURPORT
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata: Why are so many insecured men commenting on this thread? if you are comfortable with your masculinity why should you care? lol

what did you call it? A thread, and what do human beings do on a thread? They discuss/argue/fight/do whatever.
There's no point calling the men who have stated their minds here insecure. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva: It beats me why humans just like causing confusion. We were created as tribes and as if that was not enough, people started creating religion. As if that was not enough, women started asserting themselves in the most stup1d ways. As if that's not enough, one day we'll have children fighting for their rights from their parents. Kai.
THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED FIGHTING O!
E B LIKE SAY NA VILLAGE WE GO RAISE OUR CHILDREN!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:
There's gender equality when 70% of working women are paid less than their male counterparts??
There's gender equality when Nigerians still see male children as better than female children??
There's gender equality and marital rape is legal in Nigeria and many other countries??
There's gender equality and gender roles still exist in homes??

Where do you live?? La-la land??
Go and sit down
Both men and women get what they are qualified for.
How do they still see male children better than the female. One fact here is since women have been enancipated in the western, have they been able to beat the strides of men.
What is marital rape?
What is gender roles? Why do some women deceive themselves. Ok tell me u and ur brother are at home and what to go out but the car has a fldt tyre, who will change? I am 100% sure that if he ask u to change it, u will him its men's job

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Jiteshell(f): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:
Are you an Idiot??!! Of course, there are women that earn more than men if they are in better positions or higher paying jobs. A female computer scientist is going to earn more than a male mechanic, you mor0n! I said counterparts, meaning women in the same workplace doing the same job as a man and earning less than he does.

LMAO!! You just shot yourself in the foot. I'm so disappointed cos I truly feel like I'm talking to a f00l. You just listed why males are viewed as more important than females and then you complain about people that are trying to remove the factors you mentioned above. The question I would want you to ask yourself which I'm def sure you already know the answer to, is:
Why is the male child the one allowed to carry the name of the family?? Why aren't you in support of women that also want to carry on the names of their families?? Don't you think that if equality truly exists, both children would be given a chance to choose whether they want to carry on their father's names or not?? How come that what you listed above hasn't had any influence on how a female child or male child is viewed??

I mean, for God sake! Look @ what you just wrote to me while telling me that there is gender equality. "A woman gets married off anyway". What sort of gender equality exists when women gets sold to males like a piece of property. And how does that make them equal to the opposite gender??

Biologically, men have more physical strength than women. No one is disputing that. Therefore women become easier targets to troubled souls. If you look @ statistics of r*ape victims, women are obviously the one suffering more from this. This is the only explanation I can give on why it might appears than when we talk of rape victims, we think women. I believe that a wife that rapes her husband, deserves to be jailed. I am for gender equality not for female superiority.

The issue with what you have above is the modern society. Earning a living doesn't require physical strength anymore as it does acquired skill, and brain power. I'm so mad that I'm talking to you and I have to be telling you the obvious. Women are not born with an innate power to cook, do the laundry, wash the bathrooms or lay the bed. There is nothing in our genes or organs that make us any better than men in doing those things I've listed.
Why should financial provision rest solely on the man??

D1cks doesn't make you any powerful than women. In fact based on history, most men that made decision with their d1cks got themselves in serious trouble, so permit me to say d1cks only makes you weaker than the female race.
900000000000000000000000000000000000000 likes, you are so on point.

3 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by kraftykc(m): 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
White wedding? It is a Western creation, whatever else they do with it is their perogative abeg!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
ekwah:

I see nothing wrong with the existence of gender roles... undecided I think this is just taking things a little extreme in my opinion. Would you want to elaborate on how gender roles make women unequal to men?

Gender role limits individualism. It is not only unfair to women but also to men. As a child, gender roles places limitations on what they can do and how they want to express themselves.

I chose to focus on women because this thread and my reply to Afam is focused on feminists. Gender role can also lead to an unfair and unequal balance in roles taken on by both genders in homes.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
Emperoh: Dear Women,

Can you also request to remove Wo or Fe?
maybe that will solve yur problem

Thank you

[size=18pt]Lubbish!!![/size]
That is a very good starting point, then we will accept their line of argument
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Unluvable(f): 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:

grin grin
David, Solomon, Samson, Julius Caesar, Bill clinton, Louis XVI, Edward VIII, Benedict Arnold, Mark Anthony....these men have something in common!!
Phewwwwwww lipsrsealed grin

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
ekwah:

what did you call it? A thread, and what do human beings do on a thread? They discuss/argue/fight/do whatever.
There's no point calling the men who have stated their minds here insecure. undecided

Just like you said that they are stating their mind by "attacking" women. I can also call them out on their insecurities.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz, pls take it easy grin

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata: Why are so many insecured men commenting on this thread? if you are comfortable with your masculinity why should you care? lol

insecurity? how many times have you seen men fighting for rights over the other gender? i just came here to laugh at the stupidity behind feminism. everything feminism stands for is deluded - who are they to be telling other women how to think?

can you see the hypocrisy?

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

it then begs the question - which man in his right senses would put up with a feminist and marry her? how long before the marriage khaputs?

feminism is just communism in thongs....feminism has turned women into men and i don't want to marry a man. in other words, feminists should forget about getting married! it defeats their purpose....

To your first question: Men are different and so they have different preferences. Many men would NOT mind marrying a Feminist. In fact, they would prefer to marry one. It doesn't mean these men are out of their minds. Some men just prefer Independent women who are into politics and who have big ambitions when it comes to their careers, women who have an opinion, women who want to be active and contribute to the family's income.

Feminism is not communism. Communism is based on the principle that everyone is equal. Feminism is based on the conviction that every woman is different. Consequently, some women are more family - oriented whereas others are more career - oriented, yet others want to have it all, career and family life. It's all about the FREEDOM to choose. Let women who want to be stay-in-home mums, be, and let women who are not meant to raise 5 children and do housework all day Long, do something else. Everyone should have the freedom to choose according to his interest and abilities.

Look, I DO consider myself a feminist, in the sense, that I am convinced that women should be EQUAL before the law and enjoy the same rights as men and be valued like men and I claim that I'm one of the most FEMALE creatures on earth. I have not turned out to be like a man. I am simply me, carefreewannbe, a NATURAL woman and happy about it. I enjoy it so much. It may come as a shock to but I love keeping the house warm, clean and comfy, I love cooking, I love Shopping and Fashion, I do my nails ...... and guess what, I'm interested in men.

I am really sad you have so many prejudices against the feminist movement which is also meant to serve your (future) daughters' safety and freedom.

3 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

insecurity? how many times have you seen men fighting for rights over the other gender? i just came here to laugh at the stupidity behind feminism. everything feminism stands for is deluded - who are they to be telling other women how to think?

can you see the hypocrisy?

Please educate me on why you think women fighting for women's rights is stupid. Enlighten me please. What is delusional about it?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
Sholly, you make sense die

but your font na eye killer chaii

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
Isn't marriage supposed to be a personal agreement between just two people?? Why should whatever two people decide to do affect anybody? Its all about personal preferences.

She didn't force you to marry her, if you don't agree with her own perspective on how the marriage should be run just shut up and leave her alone, its that simple, someone out there will definitely marry her with all her conditions, even though I agree some of the conditions stated are laughable.

Why would anyone take opinions from a survey of just 200 brides serious anyway??

3 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
Witty07:
Go and sit down
How do they still see male children better than the female. One fact here is since women have been enancipated in the western, have they been able to beat the strides of men.
What is marital rape?
What is gender roles? Why do some women deceive themselves. Ok tell me u and ur brother are at home and what to go out but the car has a fldt tyre, who will change? I am 100% sure that if he ask u to change it, u will him its men's job
As I replied someone earlier on this thread, save yourself from appearing silly by taking a few min out of your time to Google whatever I've written before calling it false.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-21/equal-pay-plaintiffs-burden-of-proof
http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/womens-earnings-and-income

Marital rape is a non-consensual sexx in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse.
Gender roles is a set of social and behavioral norms that are generally considered appropriate for either a man or a woman in a social or interpersonal relationship.

I don't have a brother. I have always taken care of my car issues myself. I don't go around labeling things as a man's job, just because I'm too lazy to do it myself.

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by kingkoboko: 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
I'M PROUD 2B A MALE-FEMINIST O! U NIGERIANS NEED 2LEARN WAT FEMINISM IS REALLY ABOUT SHA.

JST CHECK MY PROFILE & READ MY "I AM A MALE-FEMINIST" POST. OR GOOGLE "I AM NOT A FEMINIST BY SUGABELLY".

THANK ME LATER.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:
Please educate me on why you think women fighting for women's rights is stupid. Enlighten me please. What is delusional about it?

how can you fight for women's rights and then marry when the tenets of being married as a woman is submission, obey and honour?

why don't you people start fighting for body modification altogether? let everyone(both male and female) choose a neutral body features: same number of ribs, same brain size and 2 pairs of succulent brëasts for men so we can also be sharing the chore of breästfeeding our children

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:
Gender role limits individualism. It is not only unfair to women but also to men. As a child, gender roles places limitations on what they can do and how they want to express themselves.

I chose to focus on women because this thread and my reply to Afam is focused on feminists. Gender role can also lead to an unfair and unequal balance in roles taken on by both genders in homes.

fair enough... I think the point about unfair and unbalanced roles is a little shaky but I get what you mean.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
Witty07:
Go and sit down
What is marital rape?

Please stop generalising, there are women who are well capable of doing things themselves and not wait for a guy to do it. Yes, I can change car tires, I have done it few times by myself. If I am capable of doing it, I will do it. If my brother insists on helping, that is a different story.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
kingkoboko: I'M PROUD 2B A MALE-FEMINIST O! U NIGERIANS NEED 2LEARN WAT FEMINISM IS REALLY ABOUT SHA.

JST CHECK MY PROFILE & READ MY "I AM A MALE-FEMINIST" POST. OR GOOGLE "I AM NOT A FEMINIST BY SUGABELLY".

THANK ME LATER.

no wonder you are called kingkoboko, so you are a male-feminist, huh? i am sure you also wear sanitary pads every end of the month!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Jiteshell(f): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

how can you fight for women's rights and then marry when the tenets of being married as a woman is submission, obey and honour?

why don't you people start fighting for body modification altogether? let everyone(both male and female) choose a neutral body features: same number of ribs, same brain size and 2 pairs of succulent brëasts for men so we can also be sharing the chore of breästfeeding our children
that rib thing is fake my brother, i used 2 believe it until i knew better after a doctor explained it to me
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

why don't you people start fighting for body modification altogether? let everyone(both male and female) choose a neutral body features: same number of ribs, same brain size and 2 pairs of succulent brëasts for men so we can also be sharing the chore of breästfeeding our children?

Like I said, men are different and so NOT every man wants to have a submissive woman.
Apart from that, NOT everyone is a Christian ... so it doesn't concerm him / her what the Bible says about sumission. When we talk about the Bible, by the way, don't Forget what the Bible REQUIRES of husbands to make the picture complete.

Please, there is no Need to be paranoiac, feminism is not aiming at changing the natural body and biology. Relax a lil bit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

See Moment A Little Boy Kicked His Mom's Pot Of Stew While Dancing(See Reaction) / I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out / Girlfriend Of Anambra Politician Gives Birth After Considering Abortion. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.