Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:07 PM

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (23591 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Your First Nations Cup / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2008
oh what a miss from Toni
is that d same boulharouz tht was in chelsea  shocked? he looks a far more better player
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2008
Marco doesn't want to upset the balance of his midfield - keep 5 men in there and things remain secure, with RVP still having the chance to nick something wink At 2-0 up you don't take crazy risks, and he should be commended - some other coaches will take Ruud off and put a defensive midfielder on.

Del Piero tried with that efffort, it may be too little too late though. Toni!!!! shocked

3-0!!!! grin Holland is cruising nicely now.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2008
what a night for italy 3 nil

what a match! what a save earlier from van dar saar. dirk Kuyt is argugably my man of the match
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2008
And that's it!

3-0. Italy is just a mess!

Van der Saar is just wonderful.Great saves.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2008
Oh Gattuso my darling,please put one in the net so as to reduce this shame  grin Can't believe this is Italy.

RVP's trying,just that he often falls into the offside trap.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2008
wow, wt a match, italy can still surely beat france with their play, the difference today was that holland were faster and mor clinical on the counter
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2008
True,plus Van der Saar stuck to the ball like glue cool

Dunno about Italy beating France cos i didn't watch their game,but the Italians really need to clean up their act.Their team lacked co-ordination and the strikers were terrible.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2008
france was crap
no sense of urgency about their play
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by folahann(m): 12:03am On Jun 10, 2008
Just as i predicted, i know the Dutch were goin to do this. . . . . . .they now 've one leg in the quaters, not even France is going to stop them.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by tosinadeda: 1:36am On Jun 10, 2008
sneijder, kuyt , van der vaart, afeelaay, rvp , rud booy, van der sa, gio
pure class grin grin

the italians were torn apart, torn to shreds, taken apart, destroyed , disgracedworld cup champs, humiliated, wut other word sef grin grin

world cup winners my foot grin grin though france was more pathetic, i doubt if they wld go down so easily!!!!

some1 actually argued with me that materrazzi should av stopped the pass that van der vaart gave to ruud grin grin grin
pls how possible is that?

the case of france is that of a clueless and proud coach!!!!!
any sane man wnt take malouda and abidal to the tournament, not to talk of starting them!!!!!!!
i mean wut was evra doing on the benchpremiership and ucl winner wut else does he want?
malouda is the most useless winger i av ever seen apart from utaka grin grin, even clichy will do better in his position grin grin
willy sagnol cry cry sum1 pls tell him to retire, bacary sagna would av done better!!!!!
still wondering why benzema was pulled off, instead of the in effective malouda!!!!!
the midfield was pathetic!!!!!! the team needed drive and the coach left diarra on the benchat least he makes runs at defenders, left evra on the bench.
the combination of malouda and abidal is just pathetic, its like they played without the left wing grin grin grin
riberry was dissapointing!!!!!!

in all France was pathetic, they had better up there game, but i really dnt see that team beating italy or holland grin grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by oYaTo(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2008
Netherlands-Italy was pure entertainment. . . . grin

Classy football from Netherlands, and exceptional counter-attacking football that resulted in two correct goals. . .

My Man-of-the-match was undoubtedly Gio Van Bronckhorst. . . .dude was clearing off his goal at one end and barely 10secs later was providing the lovely cross that led to the goal. I loved the way he was continually racing down that left flank, providing support for the attack and defending vigourously as well. The guy too much that yesterday.

Superb goal from Sniejder as well. . .the Italians were truly out-played and out-classed. grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by tkb417(m): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2008
@Tosinadeda
ure right on target!!!!

some of the people playing for France shouldnt have gone to the tourney in the first place. Evra, Flamini, Sagna, Diara are those that should be playing for France. The Coach needs to be taught some lessons and im sure the lessons will come when they face the oranje bois(they will never let me down)

Italy? thats the definition of CRAP
Gattuso in that midfield? why all those aged footballers? why not De Rossi and co?
damn!!! they just made my Buffon look like a fool.
It should have been 4-0 Donadoni and Domenech are pipes!!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by PoDeep(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2008
God knows I've always loved the Dutch!!!(not that kind of "dutch" o! I mean the country).
If my boy Persie was on earlier, that rascal might have bagged a hattrick! Damn!

Question: Who knows if Marco Van Basten brought Huntelaar along? I dig that guy
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by oYaTo(m): 9:56am On Jun 10, 2008
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by oYaTo(m): 9:59am On Jun 10, 2008
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by otokx(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2008
I hope the Amodu watched the Holland - Italy match for valuable inspiration.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 11:21am On Jun 10, 2008
for all bunkumery that could be said about the Italian team, they werent so bad-looking in the second half and I bet my left nut if not for the fact that they had conceded 2 early goals they would have done far better . . . cool

The Italians are known to start tourneys late . . .so dont be surprised that with all the noise and hype about Holland, they would not pass the quarter final stage, even if they qualify from this round tongue

This sounds so absurd but ROMANIA more than any other country is going to play the role of the spoiler . . .imagine France playing attacking footie and win Holland ? and go ahead to win or draw with Italy ? undecided or even Romania boring Holland to a hapless draw ?

THIS GROUP IS SURE GOING TO EXPLODE !!! cool AND I CAN BET THE DUTCH DONT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN THIS TOURNEY cool

who saw the way they were panicking when Italy started to bombard them with attacking forrays into their half not even their box 18 ? shocked grin

well am sure so many will disagree with me . . .BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL ! tongue cool
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by TOH(f): 11:23am On Jun 10, 2008
I didnt see the Dutch goalkeeper thru out the match. Pitiful
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 11:32am On Jun 10, 2008
when u start to dey watch ball ?

u sure say u no see Van der saar thruout the match ?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by tosinadeda: 11:42am On Jun 10, 2008
Kitaun leave story jare,d italians were outclassed!
No 2 ways about it
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by tkb417(m): 11:46am On Jun 10, 2008
@Oyato
The Chairman of Austrias refs association(Kapl) said the goal was valid cos Panucci who was injured was just outside the line beside the goalmouth. he said
the goal was "100% correct, without any doubt", quoting article 11.4.1. of the refereeing code that states "an opposing player cannot be offside when one of the last two defenders has left the field of play" - as in the case of Panucci.

Kapl said the rule was specifically designed to prevent a team causing a deliberate offside - but does that tell the whole story?
I dont think so cos panucci was genuinely injured outside the field of play

@TOH
what are u doing here?
which of the teams are u supporting?
im supporting Holland. If Holland is beaten, then all my attntion will be on France

I want Italy out by force!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2008
the Italians were outclassed ? yes !

but only then will you know that the ITALIANS WILL NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT IN THIS TOURNEY !

did u see the spark Del Pierro brought into the game ? undecided
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by oYaTo(m): 11:54am On Jun 10, 2008
TOH, u no see van der?

U sure say u watch d same match?

@tkb I'm not contesting the goal. . .no b from the link I posted u take read ur story?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by tkb417(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2008
@Oyato
didnt know it was the same story with urs.
i didnt open ur link b4 posting. .
i actually tot it was offside until i saw the story this morning
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by oYaTo(m): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2008
me sef think say na offiside b4 i read say unless referee authorises a player to be off the field of play he remains active. . .

Also na Buffon kick wound hin own teammate, so them no get case.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dyabman(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2008
Dutch all the way , my boys are too hot to handle , France is therefore in hot soup, I really love this guys., sneijder,van der vaart,kuyt,de jong, ooijer , boularouz and van bronkost not to talk of My own special player, Arjen Robben, Sweet and sexy football, cheesy cheesy cheesy after chelseas stumbled i was sick now my team is back , im very much healthy, I love you all on nairaland especially those who supports dutch all the way,
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2008
i have 2 agree with Kitaun on Italy, even though they were beaten by such no of goals, I think the victory was only stilll marginal, the Dutch were simply more clinical.
Grosso and Del piero brought something extra for the Azzuris, But anyway its gonna be hard for them tho', as it might be too late for anything to be rescued finally
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Uche2nna(m): 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2008
I hope this would not follow the same trend

The Italians start a tournament so unconvincingly and then peak as the tournament progresses.

The Dutch tend to peak in the first two matches and then slowly fade away as the tournament progresses. Same with the Spaniards
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by soccerchic(f): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2008
Nice, Spain is playing fantastic right now, I just hope they keep it up with the attacks. Russia is not making it easy
but this Toress is yummy as always. kiss kiss Where is my Boy Febregas angry angry
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Xerxes4(m): 5:40pm On Jun 10, 2008
Torres is showing Premiership class here.
What a nuisance to the Russian defence!!!! He has terrorised the Ruskies so much they cannot wait to see the back of him.

Fabregas is not good enough to start! cheesy cheesy
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by bgees(m): 5:47pm On Jun 10, 2008
though i totally support the dutch, but the sad truth is that they may still not qualify. the italians played very well but van Basten had the better tactics.

i see italy destroying romainia.

and i back el nino to score today since aragones will use two strikers pairing him with david villa.

and where is dr. kitaun? he attacks torres everytime. i'm wondering if torres stole his bread.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by soccerchic(f): 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2008
angry angry @ Xerxes, for my febregas comment, Spain score AGAIN, same Villa lol. I must agree with u that Torres and the rest of the gang are playing fantastic, first class soccer. I am loving this match. Just wish all the matching will be like that.  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Leicester Midfielder Kante Joins Chelsea / Spain Vs Germany: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (1 - 1) On 27th Nov 2022 / Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.