Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (23665 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Your First Nations Cup / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 9:07pm On Jun 13, 2008
hucarson:

I have told u Thierry shouldn't be in the tournament. Holland have gone 4-3-3 with prodigal sons(Van Persie and Robben). Holland need just one counter-attack and they will score the second goal. One on one with Van Der Sar and he choked like he had plastic bag stuffed in his throat.

What am i? Fortune teller? grin cheesy  Where is the moderator? I feel like laughing in her face.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2008
Aww,no support for RVP.

Anelka's warming up.

Can't decide which team has been the biggest disappointment, Germany,Italy or France?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2008
Anelka warming up?

When Benzema with explosive pace is on the bench?? What is Domenech fiddling with?

Anelka will be worse than he was earlier this week I can guarantee that - Henry is huffing and puffing, but the Dutch are just too well organised to fall for that. They need someone who can shake them up a bit. Gomis hasn't done anything yet.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:13pm On Jun 13, 2008
what a match
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 9:13pm On Jun 13, 2008
Goal of the tournament: ROBBEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chelsea lost a gem, Bleep Mourinho!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2008
Henry scores! Now that's more like it.

Robben scores! See game o! I'm loving this!

What France can do,the Dutch can do better! grin grin grin

Robben for let Henry celebrate small na
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2008
, lost a gem, got a liability (Malouda)
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2008
Cristalz:

Henry scores! Now that's more like it.

Robben scores! See game o! I'm loving this!

What France can do,the Dutch can do better! grin grin grin

Robben for let Henry celebrate small na

U miss the most important feature: GALLAS is crying again. Lets hope he doesn't beat Makelele after the game. Everything connected directly to Arsene Wenger is failure. cheesy wink
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2008
hucarson:

You miss the most important feature: GALLAS is crying again. Lets hope he doesn't beat Makelele after the game. Everything connected directly to Arsene Wenger is failure. cheesy wink

LMAO grin grin grin

Haba,its not that bad.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2008
That ball was going in o. Very funny watching the goalie run after the ball like that. grin grin Kinda reminds me of Lehmann wink
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by eldee(m): 9:27pm On Jun 13, 2008
hucarson:

You miss the most important feature: GALLAS is crying again. Lets hope he doesn't beat Makelele after the game. Everything connected directly to Arsene Wenger is failure. cheesy wink
SHARRAP DIA grin grin grin
Nah, I think he'll be be kicking the boards again

[size=2pt]Warning: Get your under-12 year olds' away. . .
Neither France nor Arsenal will be held responsible for any mental truama caused by crashing boards[/size] cheesy
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2008
Cristalz:

LMAO grin grin grin

Haba,its not that bad.

When was the last time anything connected directlly to Arsene Wenger won a meaningful trophy? Henry Vs Ruud is no contest in this game. Van Basten has shown more attacking verve than Domenech. Holland are playing like they are losing. 3 strikers against France? That is sheer confidence.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2008
@huc
True,but RVP has been lovely.That's why i said its not that bad grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2008
Cristalz:

@huc
True,but RVP has been lovely.That's why i said its not that bad grin

When was the last time RVP won something meaningful? wink cheesy  Maybe Chelsea should have hired Van Basten. 7 goals against 2 teams that played in a world cup final. How much more can Marco Van Basten offer? They won it in 1988, they will win it again in 2008. They are now ma favourites to win.
Maybe RVP will win something meaningful this year.

What a goal by Sneijder!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2008
OMG
Holland is tight 4 - 1

the Dutch have gone goal crazy
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2008
Game's nearly over.Can't believe Domenech let Benzema sit thru this game!

Oh ma Gawd!!!!  shocked   Anutha goal?

What a shot it was! France,y'all shld just give up and walk off the pitch grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2008
Cristalz:

What a shot it was! France,y'all shld just give up and walk off the pitch grin

Be careful what u say. Our French moderator is hurting. Sagna, Flamini, Clichy, Wenger, Diaby and Gallas?? Someone should please buy Kleenex for our moderator. She is on the brink of . . . . . . .
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by chuckdee4(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2008
@ Hurcarson

Wetin concern Wenger and this match, its quite obvious that France's problem is Domenech's lack of balls
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by eldee(m): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2008
@chukdee
Especially when an Arsenal sub scored a goal and provided an assist cool
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Xolokristo(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2008
This is just the beginning of Euro Surprises!,
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2008
chuckdee4:

@ Hurcarson
Wetin concern Wenger and this match, its quite obvious that France's problem is Domenech's lack of balls

I agree with you. When France was a goal down, i expected Domenech to take the game to Holland. One thing about this Dutch team is their defence. If Ray Domenech had asked the Dutch defence questions, something might have paid off. I am not really convinced  Holland is solid defensively.  Domenech should have gone 4-3-3 but he allowed Van Basten to take that initiative first. From then on, it was only going to go one way and didn't Van Basten make Mr Domenech pay? Robben and Van Persie were outstanding.  Holland looks dodgy at the back, i want to see their character when they go one goal down.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by 4Play(m): 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2008
Kintajinx has struck again!Forget all the analysis about tactics and subs,the blame for France's defeat lies fully with Kitaun for expressing his support for France.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Hugoboi(m): 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2008
Damn!! This is what a real game of futbol should look like.The Orange Men practically took them French sissies to the cleaners.I dont envy Domenech right now, At least he's got to taste the humble pie!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2008
Domenech is a plonker - I said it before this tournament, he will never win ANYTHING with France.

Stupid selection, stupid formation - WHY PLAY TOULALAN AND MAKA?? Why leave Karim on the Bench and play Govou? What of Nasri? These are the guys doing the business week in week out in Ligue 1, instead he plays Govou? Even Anelka had an indifferent season, why play him and leave Benzema on the Bench?

He is a stubbord spectacle wearing dud, now France is out cos I know Italy will NOT lie down.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by MethodMan3(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2008
France just dont gel together
Individually good players who cant perform when it matters most
Old and tired legs who need to be dropped and bleeped!

Thuram was shambles!
Coupet was a dummy!
Makele is just past it!
Domenech is useless!
Why bring on Anelka when you had Benzema on the bench?
Why take off Sidney Govou who was having a good game?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Hugoboi(m): 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2008
@ debosky

My sentiments exactly
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2008
France should hire Arsene Wenger. He would have had a better tournament than Ray Domenech. France should flush out all their old bones. It's not working for the Frenchies at all. Benzema's price might plunge down to 2 million by the end of this competition. Mr Aulas must be kicking himself now. I hope Domenech doesn't catch a stray bullet.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by chuckdee4(m): 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2008
@ Hurcarson

True that, Holland's defence has not been put to the test yet, but it'll take a very solid team to do that and not get caught on the counter
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2008
chuckdee4:

@ Hurcarson

True that, Holland's defence has not been put to the test yet, but it'll take a very solid team to do that and not get caught on the counter

Portugal will do that easily. With 3 strikers in Nani, Ronaldo and Quaresma Holland will be blown into dust. Where are all the French(Arsenal) supporters? The spirit u guys showed when the tournament kicked off is waning off. Gallas disappointed big time. He is very familiar with Robben and Van Persie so why did he stop tracking expecting Robben to cut back? It doesn't make any sense at all.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Ibime(m): 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2008
I don't know why Govou and Malouda still put on France shirt. I am starting a campaign to make these guys retire, not just from France but from professional football. They are Kpai-Kpai guys.

Domenech should have played this team:

Coupet

Clerc Mexes Gallas Evra

Makalele

Toulalan
Nasri

Ribery Henry
Benzema

All those other guys are washed up.

Well done Holland. Good attacking football and a breath of fresh air.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by PoDeep(m): 11:16pm On Jun 13, 2008
I told u guys I just fucking love the Dutch! Dammmnnn! 4 - 1.
Public embarassment.
The only team likely to Bleep em up dis year is Portugal(as usual).
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dinozzo(m): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2008
the Dutch team is something else when they attack they score, it was a very entertaining game. Portugal and Holland have really impressed me so far,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard / Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid / Chelsea Fan Loses His Job Over Racist Chant At Raheem Sterling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.